Internet love is stupid!..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ForgivingBeauty
Internet love is retarded if you don't know the person personally then its not right...I m mean if you have actaually seen the person or if the person is like someone you went to school with and they move and you keep your relationship over the internet and phone..then its okay...yes..but if you have never meet this person and if you have never actually know someone in real like who may know that someone..then its just plain stupid....The person who they say they are online could be like a 50 yr old disgusting pervery man who will lead you into falling in love with you and will then like rap you....sad...sad..sad...trust me...I acted like I was in love with one person here on kmc whom u all know...even though I have never meet them....I was stupid..thank god I never really felt that way...laughing....I just wanted to see how far people would go on the internet...well thats jsut my opinion...laughing

Mane

ForgivingBeauty

Mane
youre a very heartless person.

BackFire
Regular love is dumb.

Df02
the expert of love here ladies and gentleman!!

i personally dont agree with internet 'love' - but in theory it would be purer, because its not confined by physical appearance

Discos
ok i sort of agree with the title, it is sort of stupid. However I know a few people who have got married from meeting on the internet.

People get a bitty obsessed by people they have never meant, they could have the most naggin voice ever.

But hey I aint got anything against the people, if they are happy thats fine by me

lil bitchiness
I think you ment old men would ''rape'' you rather than ''rap'' you...unless of course you love the rymes they throw at you.

But yeah, internet love is stupid.

ForgivingBeauty
yes

dave123
like i'm gonna read that stick out tongue

ForgivingBeauty
ok..yeah...there on the interent on their not jugding them for their apperance...but you never know that the person could be like some guy in prison or a little grl...just someone who they really aren't

Mane
internet love as in...singles websites?? those are very stupid.

At eHarmony.com we match up people based on 29 dimensions of compatibility...*puts a gun to his head* bang...

Clovie
no comment confused

Daedalus
Damn, thats good. big grin

Daedalus
What if you've seen them, but never met them?

Kosta
Internet love is complicated, I wouldnt do it. But if you think youre up for it, then go ahead. Why not?

Vampy
whatever you wrote, all love takes too much time wink

pinsleepe
hysterical Yeah yeah, internet love!!! Voted for the third option.

Canadian Moose
Wow. How incredibly narrow minded of you. Congratulations. Granted, the person may not always be who they say they are, but who exactly are YOU to judge what is "retarded" (very politically correct by the way, bravo) or not. Yes, you can have an opinion, but maybe you should consider that there ARE people who find love in all SORTS of places, when and WHERE you least expect it. It's up to the individual who is participating in said relationship to determine if it is right for them. And you say that you said you acted like you were in love with someone? How old are you? In my opinion, THAT is as you so eloquently put it, retarded.

Linkalicious
I'll be sure to never take love advice from a 14 year old....who know doubt says the word "like" ever 3 or 4 seconds in their attempt to string together a complete sentence.

Whether it's internet love or love in the real world....love is stupid. People do stupid things in the name of "love" regardless of the environment that their love incapsules.

The feeling of caring for someone deeply, worrying about them, wanting to be with them....is NOT something stupid. Openly accepting a marriage proposition before ever actually meeting someone....IS stupid.

Say you've talked to this person on the phone several times, exchanged numerous pics, and even sent videos to one another. Would their be doubt in your mind as to whether this person was still a rapist? What physical relationship do you need to warrant feelings and emotions of love?

You're 14 years old sweetie, what exactly do you know about love?

WindDancer
I don't believe in internet love. I do believe in internet friendship! smile

lil bitchiness
Not much less than you, after that statement.

Mr Zero

Linkalicious
explain to me how love isn't stupid...

lil bitchiness
I should so totally close this thread now because Zero just summed it all up so well, noone can possibly disagree.

dave123
yeah, what Zero said

lil bitchiness
Well if caring for someone as much as you do for yourself is stupid to you, then you go off and feel that somewhere else, because i assure you not everyone thinks so.

Love isnt stupid, because for one, there are different kinds of love. Mother love, brother love, love between two friends, love between lovers...you dont love your mother the way you love your friends or your lovers, but if you think they're all stupid, then good luck to you.

Silver Stardust
Well, Zero summed it up very well, good job thumb up

I don't think it's possible to fall in love with someone by purely talking to them online. But for an internet relationship to turn into love if you do actually get to meet the person? That's perfectly feasible.

And I don't understand people who say love is stupid...

sniper
without love, this world would dergade into chaos.
people wouldnt have kids, they wouldnt love them, so they'd just throw them in a dumpster

anyone in a relationship, would do so just for sex

Delicious1
I totally agree Lil B thumb up
Love is not stupid. Love is a great and wonderful thing.

Linkalicious
So Debra at my work, wasn't in love with her future husband at any point in their 9 month online relationship...but after 6 weeks of knowing him in real life, when she became engaged....she was then, according to Zero, allowed to be "in love"

Just wondering. How is it that someone who's never been in an online relationship and doesn't believe that someone can fall in love online, an authority on the subject?

dave123
assumptions

Thorondor
Toying with people's emotions, you're such a nice person messed

Canadian Moose
But how can YOU or ANYONE quantify what LOVE is to any given person? Granted, the physical nature may not be there, but as you said, love comes in MANY forms. Why is it that 2 people cannot love, just because they are not in the same room, state, province or country?

lil bitchiness
I was only joking about the closing thing, by the way confused

Chelsea23
Love is NOT stupid....if people want to believe in internet love, let them. You can't change a person's mind. It's their choice

Canadian Moose
I totally love YOU! It's a platonic, interspecies thing, but still, it's there. big grin

Silver Stardust
laughing out loud Moose, you're hilarious...

But yeah, like Chels said, everyone has their own idea of what love is, so if someone thinks internet love is possible, maybe it is for them.

Canadian Moose
big grin

I agree. Love is love, and it comes in many forms, when we least expect it. I may not BE in an internet love, but I can see where people can FEEL that way, and if so, who are WE to judge?

Mr Zero
Shame - it would have been like the old days when you closed every thread I commented in.

lil bitchiness
Greatness!

Im gonna go listen to Depeche Mode's ''I feel loved'' song. happy

Canadian Moose
I sense some sarcasm. I love that about you.

It's the whole bitchy thing...it's so you. Like when you tell me I'm a baaaaaaad Moose. wink

lil bitchiness
I only closed 1 of your threads, besides in the old days, i used to stalk you and edit all you said and i didnt like.

lil bitchiness
Im not being sarcastc, i love Depeche Mode happy

Im not bitchy either...well i do my best not to be :ermm stick out tongue

Mr Zero
now you just stalk me. I prefer it.

lil bitchiness
You didnt really have to make sure everyone knew about it, but yeah, now i just stalk you.

Clovie
you should keep on doing this happy

Canadian Moose
Well, there's something there...some magnetism...some drawring power you have.

And no, you're not bitchy, but you have a brass balls enigma that the male moose finds very...stimulating.

Ok, this is freaky now.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, but the problem is, i like most of the stuff he says now.

ClaraG
personally i wouldn't have anything to do with it

Clovie
true, he became softer laughing out loud
you should add smilies dev

Linkalicious
I don't love myself, i've learned to live with myself. Much like most adults who have been married 20+ years.

Thanks for telling me where I'm allowed to go, for someone with no kids, you're pretty good at being a mother.

love isn't stupid because there are different kinds of love.....WOW, you sure told me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Love is the single most painful, and most joyess feeling a person can feel. It can hurt more than anything, and at the same time, bring ease to all of your pain. Love has people sacraficing their lives for other people, making huge mistakes, and lying to one another in order to protect them.

Love is stupid, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth living for. It doesn't mean it isn't worth trying to find, and it doesn't mean it isn't worth living with. It just doesn't use common sense....so it's stupid.

Just because something is stupid....doesn't mean it's bad.

lil bitchiness
Wow, thats a single most stupidest post in the history of KMC.

''Love is stupid, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth living for. It doesn't mean it isn't worth trying to find, and it doesn't mean it isn't worth living with. It just doesn't use common sense....so it's stupid.''

The dictionary clearly states that if something is stupid then its ''pointless or worthless''

Congratulations, on that most rediculous post ever made.

Also, what does me not being mother have to do with anything? Im not a mother, but i sure as hell have one.

Canadian Moose
Ok...can we not agree to disagree here? Love is relative to the person. And besides, the topic isn't IS LOVE STUPID! It's internet love. People have different views and opinions and that is not going to change.

WindDancer
I can't sense any love in this thread. Only disagreements......btw-I still prefer friendship over love.

Canadian Moose
Amen.

*Bows to WindDancer*

WindDancer
Hiya Moose! big grin

Canadian Moose
What say thee my wise friend?

See? We can have friendship. I'm not going to LOVE you. Well, maybe in a "Hey there WD ya big piece of sh*t, knock you on the shoulder and give you a cigar* kind of way, but that's totally different.

Silver Stardust
laughing Moose, once again, you're awesome.

Linkalicious
Again with your over the top arrogant attitude. If THAt was the stupidest comment you've ever read on KMC, then you really should go recheck some of the babble you've dribbled out over these boards.

The dictionary clearly states 2 words as the definition for Stupid? Yah right, quit trying to do selective quoting just to prove your pathetic point.

by defintion Stupid is:
1.Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2.Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3.Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4.Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5.Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

When in love you tend to make poor decisions or careless mistakes. I don't know about lack of intelligence, but most certainly a lack of common sense.

People get cheated on, lied to, and hurt in general, yet because they are "in love" they still come back for more abuse. now THAT is stupid.

But like I said, it doesn't mean it's not worth trying to obtain. Love, as I also said, is capable of causing the most severe pain, but at the same time...the ultimate joy.

Love is stupid, but humans have been known to be stupid.

or for the more PC minded....Love makes humans do stupid things. That better...your highness?

and you being a mother has to do with your meager attempt to tell me where I can and cannot post as if you have some sort of power over me like a mother

eggmayo
i think internet love/dating is just for mid 40's perverts who cant have an honest relationship.

WindDancer
What happen to your thread on Moose names? I'm looking for it.

Canadian Moose
Awww....go on with you! *waves her away, embarrassed*

Really?

No!!!

Shucks..

Thanks.

Shall we get married now?

Silver Stardust
I thought you had a girlfriend...?

stick out tongue

Canadian Moose
It seemed to fade into oblivion.

I think people got tired of being called things like

Rotting meat in a stale cubicle

lil bitchiness
Isnt that exactly what you just did? ''selctive quited to prove your pathetic point?''

Canadian Moose
I'm a lone moose honey...*lights a cigarette and stares into the sunset*

I travel where my feet take me, and don't take crap from anyone...

*takes a drag*

and...cough...I...cough....*massive coughing fit*

no...I don't... embarrasment

Silver Stardust
I found it happy

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=309188&highlight=moose+names

Linkalicious
I provided a complete example of a dictionary definition, because words have more than one dictionary meaning.

I stated my example, and even showed your example in my defintion.

What you did, was blatantly attack what I said without ever considering the different meanings of the word stupid in order to make your claim about my post being "the stupidest quote you've ever heard" more legitament.

so no, that's not what i did.

WindDancer
Superb! big grin

Thanks Silver Stardust! happy

lil bitchiness
Therefore, my example still stands.

If you are so great and have taken into a account all definitions, then you must have taken the deffinition quoted by me, so therefore, your answer, few posts up, is still as stupid as it was 10 minutes ago.

WindDancer
Argh! Is there a particular reason for all this argument? C'mon! No one has to be right! Love is just a word! Let it go!

TheProgramSmith
I can feel the internet love between Link and lil.

Silver Stardust
No problem happy

I thought you said something yesterday that you did, Moose...confused or maybe I just misread it...

Mr Zero
mad

Clovie
you just love the idea, don't you?

Mr Zero
See - In the crazy mixed up world of zero if you are talking about love you are talking about friendship - they are indivisible. One without the other is neither.

WindDancer
In the crazy mixed up world of WD if you talking about love and friendship is two different things. wink

Linkalicious
Therefore nothing.

I EMPHASIZED the particular usage of the word that I was using. You directly quoted only the part of the definition that would help you look smart.

Therefore....nothing.

I didn't answer anything. I made a comment....there is a difference.

and I justified my comment, whether you accept that or not, does not matter to me at all. Your opinion has never mattered to me, i just thoroughly enjoy watching you call other people's opinions stupid as if you yourself are superior in someway.

Yes your example still stands...but not in the context of the comment I made. it only stands on the comment you made.

WindDancer
*sigh*

I give up. no

Mr Zero
No.. but I have a huge new appreciation of you for suggesting it.

Silver Stardust
This makes a lot of sense, really...I mean, you love your friends, just not in a romantic way. And it'd be hard to be in love with someone if they're not a friend. So love and friendship are seperate concepts, but are also intertwined. Or so it is in the crazy mixed up world of Star.

Mr Zero
This is one of the greatest things ever written in the whole history of great written things ever written.

PS: It's almost complete balderdash.

Canadian Moose
You're talking about the Age thread?

Clovie
i feel flattered

Linkalicious
but it still glistens with greatness. wink

Silver Stardust
Yeah. I thought you said something like you were going out with a girl or really liked one or something...

Heh, the thread where I caused Kerry to dance in circles with glee...laughing out loud

Canadian Moose
Ahh yes....Kerry.

No, I'm not DATING anyone per se, just....taken with someone. You're right, you weren't mistaken. smile

carnival_junkie
no fu.cking sh.it internet love is stupid.
another thing that i find completely idiotic is the idea of cyber sex.
seriously. wouldnt you rather feel this other person instead of your own fu.cking hand? disgust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.