Best Actors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
Who do you think have been the best actors so far in Star Wars? Give a top 5.
I'd say -
1/ Alec Guiness
2/ Peter Cushing
3/ Ian McDairmid
4/ Harrison Ford
5/ Mark Hammil

mah
don't know if I can manage to make a list of my favourites but I think Ian McDiarmid is superb.

ToMacco
Alec Guiness has done the most work, I think.

I'd say Frank Oz.

Obi-wan Kenobi
Harrison Ford has done more than Alec Guiness.

Julie
Are we talking strictly clasic SW actors?

Obi-wan Kenobi
Don't know.

Julie
Personally I like Natalie Portman....Harrison Ford....Alec Guiness....

King Jedi
We're talking anyone who has been in Star Wars and I really mean based on their acting in Star Wars.

Gundark
I'd say a tie between Cushing and Guiness.

finti
Kenny Baker big grin

ToMacco
King Jedi, I think Alec Guiness was up for best supporting actor Oscar for the first Star Wars.

King Jedi
He was. I think he's done the best acting in Star Wars but Peter Cushing is close.

Ushgarak
Alec Guiness
Liam Neeson
Harrison Ford
Ian McDiarmid
Peter Cushing

I would hope that after ep. ii I can comfortably consider Ewan McGregor and Christipher Lee for that list.

TeCk-IcE
I`ll go for Alec Guiness

ToMacco
I think the best actor is the guy in RotJ who says "There's. . .too many of them!"

Bantha Fodder
ROTFLMAO!!! Mark Mark Hamill? LOL! <Wipes tears from eyes> Dude I just split a gut laughing so hard! You think Mark Hamill is a good actor? Oh my lord, that is so funny!

Anyhow, here's a list of my own, in no particular order:

1. Alec Guiness
2. Harison Ford
3. Ewan McGregor
4. Liam Neeson
5. Ian McDiarmid

Of this list, I hesitate to include Liam Neeson, not because of his acting, but because he wasn't given much to DO in TPM. Basically Lucas had Neeson stand around and look wooden and rigid, without expressing any emotion. Apparently this is to make him look like a Jedi, but I think it's dumb. Still, I think Neeson saved what could have been a very bland and boring character by turning Qui Gon into an uninteresting character.

peluffo
"Favorite Movie Stars All of the actors in the Star Wars movies, especially Mark Hamil. "

This is from your profile, Bantha.

So, you're a liar. You lie on your profile (where we can be funny but not liars) or you lie on this thread just to pick a fight. I'm watching you closely (as you can see today) and I think that you are here doing exactly that: picking fights.

You are on a LOVE/HATE position about SW, and as you can see, we are here trying to have high level discussions just for fun, and I think we all tries to have a fun time, and avoid radical fandomship. You are loosing your point in that issue. I recommend you to calm down, and make your posts in a low level

King Jedi
"Whoah!! That got him!" cool

Mark Hammil was great in Star Wars especially ESB. The guy had to play the same character and 3 different stages in his life and he was totally believable as a wimpy farmboy, confused and vulnerable Jedi Aprentice and then a very confident Jedi Master. He WAS Luke Skywalker.

yerssot
The phrase: "Pull out, BF, you're not doing any
good back there!" comes to mind .... big grin

peluffo
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin smokin'

DarthKris
I'll vote for dave prowse...
He had that damn heavy costume on his shoulders and still had that impressive walk... cool!

He-Man
Mark Hamill might not be that good in other movies (I've only seen Wing Commander), but he was great in SW. Perfect Luke Skywalker I think.

Anyway you guys shouldn't forget the amazing voice acting of James Earl Jones. He's got the best lines of them all. I think he's got the coolest lines of all the movies I've seen.

So here's my list:
1. Harrison Ford
2. Mark Hamil
3. James Earl Jones
4. Ian McDiarmid
5. Alec Guinnes
6. Natalie Portman
7. Carrie Fisher
8. Liam Neeson
9. Peter Mayhew (if Chewie's voice also is his)
10. Peter Cushing

King Jedi
rolling on floor laughing Does he do his own growls?

He-Man
Does he? I dunno. They sound fun though...and sort of...scary. smile

King Jedi
Maybe Lucas does it.

He-Man
Possibly. It definetly sounds like George... smile

Ushgarak
Wing Commander the computer games, you mean? I thought he only had a voice role on the actual film.

peluffo
Wing Commander (the game) version 3 or 4 (I don't remember exactly)has filmed scenes to give continuity to adventure's storyline, and there, Mark Hamill and Andy Mcdowall (I cant' remember how it is spelled) has stellar roles.

King Jedi
Hugh Quarsie(Panaka) is in the movie of Wing Commander.

He-Man
I wonder why it isn't Hamill who's done Luke's voice for the Star Wars games that have Luke in them like the X-Wing series. Instead he did Wing Commanders. What's up with that? confused

Ushgarak
They never asked him to do Star Wars games.

He's very good in the Wing Commander games, actually.

DarthKris
does anybody know prowse's real voice?
an url perhaps?
I still think he's great, nobody agrees with me... sad

He-Man
I know David Prowse's real voice. Doesn't sound a bit like Vader so it's good Vader's voice isn't Prowse's.

And Kris I think everybody agrees with you. He is good, but I don't really think you can see his performance too well with that cool helmet and those black, sexy boots on and he doesn't even speak. Actually in Star Wars every actor is pretty good in their roles mesa thinking.

yerssot
yeah, I heared his real voice too, not menacing at all

DarthKris
yep, that's right, every sw-actors was good in his role...
yesterday evening ANH was on german tv, the special edition to be exact, peter cushing's really good.

didn't he play that dracula chaser van helsing in the old hammer movies?

yerssot
Cushing is a well known horror player, so it's possibly him yes...

Ushgarak
Yes, the famous pairing is always Cushing as Helsing and Lee as Dracula.

DarthKris
and now lee is playing star wars, too.
does he have stunt double or so?
cause I read a lotr-interview where he said he is too old to ride a horse.

yerssot
he's not riding a horse now, is he stick out tongue

Ushgarak
"Join me Gandalf, and together we will DESTROY the Sith... oh bugger, done it again..."

yerssot
laughing out loud

and people dare to say you are not funny!

C2-B1
There are too many good Star Wars actors. I can't decide who the top 5 are.

DarthKris
I meant that if Lee can't even ride a horse, how should he fight with a saber then? cool

Ushgarak
Trust me, an old guy can fight just as well as a young one.

DarthKris
how old is lee?
I guess something like 89, right?
I was simply surprised to read the saruman-interview where he said he couldn't ride horses anymore and then saw him fighting anakin and obi-wan...
In lotr he simply wanders around and throws gandalf to the ground... well, in aotc he cuts ani's hand off...

mah
89? nononono

DarthKris
what it up somewhere!
I AM RIGHT COZ I AM VADER

yerssot
he's in his 70s

King Jedi
Spoilers!

yerssot
I hardly consider talking about his RL age a spoiler

DarthKris
yeap, think so too
isn't there a homepage where we can watch it up?

yerssot
www.christoperlee.com exists I think

DarthKris
he's written as christopher not as christoper... you forgot the 'h'

DarthKris
alright, his birthyear is 1922

yerssot
so he's 80... or 79

DarthKris
since his birthday is at the end of may, he is still 79.
oopppss, made him 10 years older big grin

yerssot
what are ten years when you're 80? smile

mah
life or death, most often...

yerssot
well... if my plans go through, you wouldn't know evil face

mah
depends...if your plan is to kill me: no...but if your plan is to eat a yellow donkey alive while standing on your head: maybe.

yerssot
a yellow donkey roll eyes (sarcastic)
what do you think???
They don't sell those anymore! Everything is pink these days!

UltimateSWFan
There is no such thing as a yellow donkey. ((Watches a yellow donkey walk by her.)) Now I've seen everything.

finti
this is just crap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.