buying some punk cds,need opinions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slasherpunk18
Okay,I was thinking of buying these.Tell me what you guys think:

1. "All Ages" by Bad Religion
2. "Dookie" by Green Day
3. "Americana" by Offspring

<<Solo>>
1=Good
2=Great
3=No.

Turbo-Cajun
Americana was okay... I havent listened to it in a while though. It wasnt that good, but there were some good songs on it though.... its worth downloading, I dunno about buying

Spicy_Mchaggis
Dookie is definitely worth buying. Americana from offspring isnt really that great but it has alot of good songs on it. and if your going to buy any bad religion cds, get the empire strikes first. but if you want real punk, buy any cds from THE UNSEEN, singlehandedly keeping punk alive, i guess you could say.

lil bitchiness
No no no no, you cannt buy Americana. nope, instead buy 'Shape of The Punk To Come'' by Refused.

Darth Revan
slasherpunk already has The Empire Strikes First...

1-don't have it yet
2-good
3-I like it a lot, but most people don't

And yes, if you don't have "The Shape of Punk to Come," get that.

Afro Cheese
The only one I've heard is Dookie and I didn't really like it. But it seems like I'm the only one.

1) Anything by bad religion is good
2) Great album
3) Buy Ignition, Smash, or Ixnay on the Hombre by the Offspring. Do not buy Americana

and if you want a great band to buy a cd from, check out leftover crack/choking victim...the changed their name from Choking Victim to Leftover Crack...buy any of their albums, under either name. Quality punk right there

PRK
1= Blech i hate BR
2= Neh its good
3= love it more then chocolate cake droolio

not really

Deathblow
The first two are definitely great choices, as for 3, The Offspring are a good band, but Americana is arguably their worst album. I'd strongly recommend getting either their self-titled first album, Ixnay On The Hombre, or Smash.

Or if you really wanna make a good choice, scratch that and get these three instead:

1. ''Punk In Drublic'' by NOFX
2. ''S&M Airlines'' by NOFX
3. ''War On Errorism'' by NOFX

Afro Cheese
Punk in Drublic is great. I'd recommend Operation Ivy- Energy... but you know what you like better than I do.

slasherpunk18
I might get the first offspring instead but i'm still undecided

Afro Cheese
If you didn't already, why don't you just download the songs off the internet and decide which you like more?

MildPossession
If you haven't got it already, shudders at the thought, the special anniversary edition cd/dvd of The Clash's London Calling.

Get the first two on your list.

Darth Jello
why not get
1. Group Sex- Circle Jerks-band from which bad religion mutated
2. Adolescents-The Adolescents-a much better band
3. Dance With Me-TSOL-band which the offspring (addmittedly) rips off constantly

instead?

Myth
1. crap
2. great
3. decent

MildPossession
Ooooo I love TSOL.

Mane
how about you ditch these and go buy some SOAD cds. alot better than punk. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.