TFN Spy Report-There is another Darth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
This just in from Josh at TFN

There is another Darth ... one we've never heard of before in the Star Wars to my knowledge. How could he tie into the film? If they doesn't appear in person, perhaps the character is part of the backstory? And on a related note, did you know the Journal of the Whills is in Episode III?

hows that for throwing us all for a loop? eek!

ESP07
Interesting, perhaps Palpatine refers to the first Sith lord or his own master while talking to Anakin.

darktim1
he trying to keep all of us guessing till the movie comes out.

Mist
what is the journal?

Mist
NEW CHARACTER! SWEEET! NEW BACKSTORIES! SWEEET!!!

passivejedi
GL did say some time back after TPM, that Sidious' keeps running out of apprentices. Im not that all suprised. I hope its true what Josh is telling us. I prefer no backstory and let us see this Darth.

Darth Surgent
Let's see... there are about 6 responses here... so at TFN, I assume there will already be 13,000. BRB

Morgoths_Wrath
YES!! I love it. Yet another thing to anticipate about EpIII. You can never have enough Darths as far as i'm concerned big grin

mephistodesigns
Do they mean we've never heard it in the films? because it could be Bane... They don't have time to show another baddy, Dooku will only be dead a few days before Ani takes his place...

Jedi Priestess
hysterical

surge you never fail to make me laugh my ass off!

hysterical

the Journal of the Whills is the early history of the Jedi and the Prophecy.

Morgoths_Wrath
It might be Bane, or maybe Exar Kun. But that's doubtful. I'm hoping the new Darth is ENTIRELY new. Perhaps Palpatine will refer to HIS MASTER!?!?!

Oh man, the anticipation!

mephistodesigns
where'd you hear that? (that's honestly wanting to know, not skepticism) I always wondered what that refered to and I never actually read the whole novel of ANH..

Jedi Priestess
you mean me? Read it somewhere forever ago and Lucas has talked about the Journal of the Whills before.

Morgoths_Wrath
The Journal of the Whills:

At the bottom of the Prologue to A New Hope's novelization is the tantalizing attribution: "From the First Saga, The Journal of the Whills."

This cryptic citation has caused much confusion over the years. The Journal is not a massive tome with a maddeningly low print run that is eluding collectors. Rather, it is a fictitious work from which the Star Wars stories are culled.

The storyline of the entire Star Wars saga has never been printed. It exists in the mind of George Lucas, and in his binders of notes and story treatments. "Originally, I was trying to have the story be told by somebody else; there was somebody watching this whole story and recording it, somebody probably wiser than the mortal players in the actual events," explains Lucas in Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays. "I eventually dropped this idea, and the concepts behind the Whills turned into the Force. But the Whills became part of this massive amount of notes, quotes, background information that I used for the scripts; the stories were actually taken from the Journal of the Whills."

mephistodesigns
So...it isn't a history of the Jedi and Sith?

Morgoths_Wrath
no, it is.

Or at least that's how they're going to use it in the movie I imagine. Lucas is taking HIS Journal of the Whills and turning it into a book of knowledge passed on by Jedi and Sith from the past, vast knowledge will probably be in these pages. Perhaps someone will discover the journals...and maybe explain alot of things. History of the Sith, other Darths, etc.

moonwalker741
cool, another darth

i bet its jar jar.....

mephistodesigns
ohhh. Okay, cuz I only knew the first part, about it being replaced by the force. That I've heard, it was the other part that didn't compute for me. But that makes perfect sense. Its a kinda cool title, would be a waste not to use it I suppose.

Jedi Priestess
Another clue from Josh

Tyrannus - NO
Bane - NO

But like Lucas has used "negative" words before, this one holds true. Vader-invader, Tyrranus-tyranny, etc.

Morgoths_Wrath

mephistodesigns
hmmm...that is strange. And this hasn't been mentioned before anywhere else, right?

Morgoths_Wrath
Darth Sidious - Insidious

Darth Maul - well, Maul

Darths are all named on a negative theme. It's anyone's guess who the new Darth's name will be I suppose

Morgoths_Wrath
Darth Specter maybe? Nah...doesn't sound right. But it goes along with the theme.

Or maybe this Darth is incredibly ugly, hence his name...Darth Hideous

mephistodesigns
Darth Ostile. For Hostile. Or maybe Darth Shole for... well, put As in front and you'll get it. Darth Ater for hater. Or even Darth Took My Milk Monious.... yeah. The posibilities are truly endless. laughing

dealwatjins
i read somewhere that yoda wa the whill that took down the history.....and that the whills was his species.

Morgoths_Wrath
Not 100% sure if this is related, but if you check out starwars.com, they have a picture up on the main page of a character I've never seen before...holding a lightsaber, and he looks very evil (Darthish, even)! Could this be the mystery Darth??? I can't save the picture to my PC, it won't let me. But check it out, am I mistaken? Is that a known character I'm just not familiar with?

http://www.starwars.com

thejeditraitor
the journal of the whills was in the rough drafts...

"... and in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as The Son of The Suns.

Journal of the Whills, 3:127

edit
that pic on sw.com is an early version of plo koon i believe.

Morgoths_Wrath
yeah...actually you're right. jumping to conclusions i guess

Morgoths_Wrath
DARTH PLAGUEIS - there are scores of legends about this Sith. But was he was powerful enought to cheat death? Certainly he could at least use the power of the Force to lengthen his life.

SPY REPORT confirmation by Josh Griffin

Mist
just take a print screen. and it looks like plo koon.

Lyn
Not that I'd have anything against another Darth but, isn't GG the resident baddie in EpIII? (excluding DV o' course)

mephistodesigns
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense to have another Sith.

And that pic of Plo Koon is from the comics.

Clai Keboa
I agree meph, that's definatley Plo Koon.

guiro72
from what we know would either be from:

palpatine's history lesson with anakin in his office

or:

yoda's discovery (either discovered in the jedi archives or the artifact on kashyyk - still rumour, but i'm covering all bases here)....

it doesn't say the sith lord appears in the film, and everyone's right - there is no room for another character in the plotline from what we know, so my guess is one of the above 2 options, or some scene we have known nothing about before now......

waynerobsonuk
I think your right Guiro, I dont think we'll actually see this character in ep3, or if we do it wont be in any depth. hey! least it'll be another character to be covered in the EU LOL.
(Thats if it's not the hinted at EU character in EP3..... I'm still not all that sure that we will see it........)

Wayne...

guiro72
yeah, "history lesson" implies that previous sith will be mentioned by name at some point, would be pretty hard not to do so....not shocked at all.....great news about the journal of the whills being included....seems lucas wasn't joking when he said this was "one for the fans"......man, i'm so hyped about this film that there's no way i'm not gonna be dissapointed now....there's no way it can live up to what i expect it to be....or can it?....2 weeks 'til trailer....*crosses fingers*.....

Lowbacca
I read that, too. Is there any english word "plagueis" is refering to?

Am glad about the Journal in EP III! Happy Dance

jedijunky1138
I heard this also
could this new DARTH be the EU character that everyone has been asking about?

guiro72
PLAGUEIS - plague....

NoMeN
Journal of the Whills !!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!

peluffo
On the Visual Dictionary of EpII there are holocrons.... Maybe Palpatine shows some Sith's Holocron, and an ancient Darth shows there?

guiro72
yeah, that's the kind of thing, i think.....but pablo said there were no holocrons in the movie....but will be some situation like that i think....there were rumours of some kind of holographic archival footage including darth bane, i think they were debunked as well though....should all be very interestiiing.....

PVS
could it be that grievous is the other darth? perhaps he becomes dark lord when dooku...loses his head? he would be the shortest lived dark lord, but isnt it a possibility?

Lowbacca
Interesting theory, but I don't think so...

Think he was another ancient sith lord...

Grand Moff Gav
we all know that this film shows the return of vader and the big fight with him and obi-wan

Grand Moff Gav
maby its the person who finally corrupts him thater than palpitine

Lowbacca
How do you mean that? confused

Morgoths_Wrath
It's already been confirmed that the new Darth will be named Darth Plagueis, an entirely new character to the series. Probably only to be mentioned briefly, but still wicked cool nonetheless.

Lowbacca
That's old news, isn't it? stick out tongue

Morgoths_Wrath
just making it clear, since ppl are still throwing out other ideas

Lowbacca
Well, that's the point of a forum, isn't it? big grin Anyway, thanx for emphasizing the facts, M's Wrath! smile I don't think either that Plagueis could be Grievous or one of the other characters mentionned. Would be cool, but I don't think so...

Sith Master X
Hmm...well this is interesting. Gives me something else to look forwared to now.

peluffo
Darth Plagueis is Syfo Dyas!!!!!! big grin big grin laughing out loud

GCG
oi oi ; my head hurts

so apart from the general & Darth Tyrannus will we see someone alse that is not Darth VAder ??

Lowbacca
Unfortunately (?) this is already denied...

DARTH DADDY
It has to be of old. There can only be two. A master and an apprentice. Sidious and Vader. Has to be of old. HI JP love love

Anakin2Vader
where? ...not skeptic...just asking ..... and who confirmed the Plageis thing?

Lowbacca
Well, Josh Griffin confirmed it. wink Anyway, all he said till now was right. I have no doubt he is right about Plagueis...

darthcraka
never know until it has been done............. i wonder if the new darth is the darth yoda had to kill on dagaboh... any thoughts????

Mist
that would make a lot of sense as to the cave and all that dark side crap.

Gangularis
rofl!!

it would have to be... wouldn't it?

he is sooooo "in" with Palps.

peluffo
If it is true, i have to admit that he is the BEST sith ever!! I really believe in his "clumsyness", but he is a hidden mastermind who unfold magically the palpatine's plot...

Lowbacca
Don't think so...

There already was a story dealing with the dark jedi Yoda killed on Dagobah, but he was called different. But since GL is giving not much on the EU it seems to be a possibility! laughing out loud

Boris
Wow....just wow lol

peluffo
J/k about Darth Binks shifty

Cipher
This Sith Lord would have to be referred to by Palpatine in that History Lesson sequence. There's no room in the movie for another character.....

Plagueis?! Doubtful, surely Lucas would have a better name than that? As for it being confirmed, I've never seen any mention of it from anything to do with Lucasfilm which means its just a rumor. In fact, that's the first I've heard of it.

Lowbacca
Maybe in that "history lesson" Ani is taught how to cheat death by using the force (how Plagueis did).

jedijunky1138
The sith that Yoda killed on dagobah will have nothing to do with ROTS. RM said that the dark side connection to the cave on dagobah will not be explained.

Anakin2Vader
that would mean Sidious knows the trick... so i dont think so

tpaquin
Hat eto open up this wound again, but he might just be referring to Sidious, proving that they are two different people. Lucas is not unknown for ruining stories for people

Anakin2Vader
Sidious is Palpatine...they are one in the same

waynerobsonuk
Plagueis????? Jesus H Christ! where is Lucas comming up with these names?
Yeah I think unless he is going to say that the jedi were wrong and there can be more than 2 sith it's got to be either after Dooku gets the chop or as has been mentioned as part of some sort of sith/ darkside history lesson.

huhSide note: Due to people getting their heads chopped off in iraq I wonder if lucas will cut out the part where Dooku loses his head?
(Personally I can see both sides of that argument...........but let's not get into politics for gods sakes!) Just a thought.

Wayne...

Morgoths_Wrath
Maybe Palpatine reads about Darth Plagueis in the Journal of the Whills, and learns about how he lengthened his life. And when Palpatine tries to do this...something goes terribly wrong...and makes him look older instead of prolonging his life, which would explain why he looks the way he does in the OT.

Just a theory

waynerobsonuk
You know I sometimes think the fans come up with better possible plots lines than lucas himself big grin
I like that one Morg ....
Can't see it happening though sad

Wayne...

tpaquin
Well, that would seem the most obvious solution, but fans have been debating wheter or not sidious being a different person would be the big "unveiling" of this trilogy. This ****s with many people's minds, but Lucas keeps talkign as though people don't know the truth, but he's also bat-shit crazy.

But...Lucas is inclined to take the most direct route to his plot point, so the odds are exceptionally in favor off Sidious and Palpatine being the same person.

Mist
but this new sith is supposed is be NEW. unmentioned, unseen...NEW! (and plagueis is a ridiculus name for a sith stick out tongue)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.