Palpatine's death and that blue dark force energy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clai Keboa
Hi all,
Please forgive if this has been discussed before and there is a thread already (Jp i did use the search button :-) )

Anyways........

When Palpatine/Sidious dies on the DSII in ROTJ, there is a mass of blue (Darkside) energy released from the shaft. Now we know Jedi either die (body is left) or they disapear (ghosts). Now the Sith, we've seen really only one Sith death (maul - cut in half) as we don't know if Vader disapeared or the body was still in the suit (a mystery!!) when he was cremated

Now what my questions are....

What is it that's released? his life force? his darkside energy? or is it THE darkside energy?

"Any help here would be hot"

Thanks all.

Morridini
But we do know that he disapeared.

mephistodesigns
I'm not sure that was force energy, I always thought it was damage done to that shaft, like something blew open or something because of his lightning flying all over on the way down. Plus it was just supposed to make his death a big deal on film... big grin

Red Superfly
What else could they do?

Have Palpatine fall down going "arggggggggh" and then we see a ring of smoke and a "pffff" sound like in the Road Runner cartoons?

ctsketch
what is that picture you have attached to your post? its partially uploaded only but it looks like palps shocking someone while Jedi anakin watches

Ushgarak
That was the energy of pure drama.

Superfly4000
It could of coarse be his ghost, since in the expanded universe he returns...

Morgoths_Wrath
a mix of dark side energy and damage to the shaft...and to add dramatic effect

Clai Keboa
I'll try & upload it again

Clai Keboa
I'll try & upload it again

no can't sorry - it was Palpatine using lightning while changing into Sidious (or the face we see in ROTJ anyway)

Sesse
What if he just vaporised in the heat of the shaft?

mephistodesigns
that's my other theory too. I like that one.

Gundark
puff of smoke at the bottom.....hehehe.

Superfly, you kill me, man.

laughing

I think it was the combination of the lightning still coming out of him, bouncing off the walls of the shaft. There's probably a lot of power conduits and thingies in those shafts...probably overloaded some systems and the like.

George sure does like those shafts. If I was in a duel, I'd make sure I'd tell the other guy first, "lets do this someplace else and get away from the freakin shaft room".

Stealth Agent
LOL big grin laughing Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.