Walk The Line

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

<<Solo>>
A Johnny Cash movie starring Joaquin Pheonix. Co-Starring Reese Witherspoon.
Yeah it's official, already started filming. A Johnny Cash movie could be interesting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358273/

spidergrl
Any movie staring Joaquin Pheonix is good! big grin yes

batmanrules
Cash is the friggen man, cant wait!

spidergrl
it should be good then yes yes can't wait.....

KillTheLight
I agree with solo it could be interesting

spidergrl
same !!

Mane
Cash is dead...?

spidergrl
huh??

Mane
Johnny Cash is dead. How is he making a movie?

spidergrl
Its based on him I think....

KillTheLight
Joaquin Phoenix is going to play cash it's based on his life story or something like that.

spidergrl
Yea, and Joaquin is awsome!!

KillTheLight
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/walkthelineqt1.html

eek! the trailers out in_love..cant wait..it has Academy award written all over it..eek!

brooksie
I absolutely LOVE Johnny Cash & June too! Looking forward to seeing this movie, especially when johnny gave his blessing on the script before passing on.....

Thanks for the link!!!

KillTheLight
uh huh he also chose Joaquin to play him happy..he loved him in gladiator

bilb
Ooohh that trailer looks good!! Oscar noms for Joaquin & Reese would be awesome!!

KillTheLight
totally agree and hopefully they'll get them..about time Joaquin got some recognition eek!

KillTheLight
http://www.walkthelinethemovie.com/

^ the official site is up happy

Erazmus
River Pheonix was better...except...he's dead. stick out tongue

KillTheLight
I don't like to compare them..they are both very different and I think the only reason your comparing them is because they're brothers..erm

Erazmus
Originally posted by KillTheLight
I don't like to compare them..they are both very different and I think the only reason your comparing them is because they're brothers..erm

Regardless of the reason. I think River was the better actor. wink

KillTheLight
well thats a matter of opinion..anyhow bumping this thread for MG

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Erazmus
Regardless of the reason. I think River was the better actor. wink
some reason I think Joaquin is a better performer than River... but i guess it doesnt really matter.. erm

KillTheLight
Joaquin is great actor in his own right..

Morning_Glory
yea ... happy

JLred
Does anyone know the name of the song in the background in the preview?

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by JLred
Does anyone know the name of the song in the background in the preview?

they sing "Ring of Fire" in the preview...

2 more weeks... eek!

JLred
Thankz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solo
If you make a movie on dead-musician you basically, inevitably, won an academy award.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Erazmus
Regardless of the reason. I think River was the better actor. wink thumb down

Reason is everything friend. Joaquin's acting career didn't kick into clutch until AFTER his brother River died, Because that's when he got recognition. Don't get me wrong, but I loved River in "indiana jones" and "Stand by me" to a great extent. But They are actors of 2 different times altogether. Therefore an accurate assumption on whom is the better actor is out of the question, And cannot be made just by seeing 2 or 3 movies of each actor, real Viewing needs to take place when you wish to choose between the two.

Morning_Glory
agree

Solo
Originally posted by Mandorallen
Joaquin's acting career didn't kick into clutch until AFTER his brother River died

Which means Joaquin would be nothing without River. And also false remark about Joaquin Pheonix's acting career, but that's explained later.

I loved River in "indiana jones"

Oh, I know, the whole five minutes he was in there was totally fantastic.

But They are actors of 2 different times altogether.
That's incorrect. River Pheonix started acting in 1982. Joaquin Pheonix started acting in 1984. Big difference, huh?

Anyway, continue this discussion in the Joaquin Pheonix "fanboy" thread.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Solo
Oh, I know, the whole five minutes he was in there was totally fantastic.

Sarcasm? River did his role and he did it right, 5 minutes or no. He made me believe that he was a young harrison ford. It's harder to do a short role, because it's really difficult to analize the character with the few lines and parts you actually have. Trust me, I know this.

----------

To get back on topic "Ring of fire" is my favorite johnny cash song.

KillTheLight
confused..ok..anyway yeah it's hot when Joaquin sings ring of fire during the trailer wink..cant wait to get the soundtrack droolio

Solo
Sarcasm?

laughing Actually, no, that wasn't sarcasm.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Solo
laughing Actually, no, that wasn't sarcasm.

Oh, big grin. Sorry about that partner. I flew off the handle.

Originally posted by KillTheLight
..cant wait to get the soundtrack droolio

Ha, Just go get a Johnny Cash CD

Morning_Glory
its not the same thing.. me and KTL want to hear Joaquin sing the songs

KillTheLight
uh huh Joaquin sings around 9 songs on the soundtrack happy

noelluvspotter
I AM SO GLAD THAT THERE ARE FINALLY MOVIES BEING MADE ABOUT GREAT LEGENDS. LIKE WALKING THE LINE AND CHAPTER 27. I AM NOT TO SURE ABOUT THE CASTING BUT I AM SURE GLAD THEY FINALLY HAVE MOVIES ABOUT LEGENDS LIKE JOHNNY CASH AND JOHN LENNON THIS IS JUST THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD!

KillTheLight
first of knock of the caps..not clever..and what do you mean your not sure about he casting ...Johnny cash himself approved of Joaquin so mehnes to you.

Morning_Glory
maybe the casting in chapter 27 ..meh!.. I mean Jared Leto and Lindsey Loham erm ...blah.

anyways... it is "Walk the Line" not "Walking..."

Solo
James Mangold made Identity. I wouldn't be surprised if this followed in it's footsteps.

Although, I probably will be seeing this, should be interesting.

KillTheLight
I liked Identity and I think he wrote/directed Girl interrupted as well..which was a pretty good movie..so im only expecting good things happy

Solo
The "twist" ending to Identity was horrible. Although, it might've been alright without that. Girl Interrupted was damn good though.

Morning_Glory
I loved this movie (walk the line)...Reese was soo good!

almost loved this better than Harry Potter erm

noelluvspotter
so did any one see the movie if so how was it i want to see it so badly because i here it has references to all the good bands like the Beatles i love the Beatles how about most definitely my favorite band i also like johnny cash

Morning_Glory
it had refrences to Elvis and Waylon Jennings and the Carters...stuff like that... the only thing I can think of it as far as refrence to the beatles..they said that Johnny Cash's live performance at the Folsom prison sold more albums then the beatles

but anyways... if you would have scrolled up one...i had said that I saw it and I loved it... it was really really good happy

noelluvspotter
^ I did and you know something i wasn't just talking to you but hey i am glad you enjoyed it so hey what was your favorite part

Family_guy725
the movie was awesome alot of stuff bout johnny i didnt know his dad was an ass though

MC Mike
Great man, good movie.

Acting is phenominal, really made me interested in the movie. The portrayal of the various families was spot on.

Being a biography, the plot was obviously believable, and thankfully they chose almost all the right things to put from his life into the movie.

Overall, I'd have to say this was a beautiful film about this legend of the music world, with seamless love stories and perfect depictions of the various stages of Cash's life.

8/10

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by noelluvspotter
^ I did and you know something i wasn't just talking to you but hey i am glad you enjoyed it so hey what was your favorite part

all the Joaquin parts and all the Reese parts happy

Mando
Originally posted by MC Mike
Great man, good movie.

Acting is phenominal, really made me interested in the movie. The portrayal of the various families was spot on.

Being a biography, the plot was obviously believable, and thankfully they chose almost all the right things to put from his life into the movie.

Overall, I'd have to say this was a beautiful film about this legend of the music world, with seamless love stories and perfect depictions of the various stages of Cash's life.

8/10

Put this in the Vomitorium.

Solo
Originally posted by Mando
Put this in the Vomitorium.

It doesn't need to be. The Vomitorium is a place for people who want their reviews in there.

edwinian
i didnt get to go this past weekend but Walk the Line, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and The Triangle (sci fi channel) are each on my must see in December list.

Mando
Originally posted by edwinian
i didnt get to go this past weekend but Walk the Line, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and The Triangle (sci fi channel) are each on my must see in December list.

Good luck with KKBB, I dont even think it's still out anymore. Plus it was only released in about 159 theaters across the US.

forumcrew
yea KKBB was a hard one to find, but better then I had hoped for.. pretty sure its gone from all theaters now though

Morning_Glory

roguegirl15
hello

Morning_Glory
wave

Paranoid Pyro
Can anyone post that picture of Johnny lighting his ciggarette on a burning guitar?

Wolfie
I look at this movie and think it's just a way to cash in (no pun intended) on the success of Ray.

vader519
I don't think so, the movie was being develop for about 7-8 years.

Thorin
ray wasnt all that, and walk the line was really good.

Maya Zurak
I loved it.
Phoenix was great!
smile

Thorin
Hello, I'm Johny Cash stick out tongue

Maya Zurak
Hi there Johnny stick out tongue ...
give me an autograph

ibleedyankeeblu
I loved the movie nd Joaq nd Reese were great but i felt like it ended to abruptly.......

angelic_devil
i loved the movie sooooo much, i think it was far better to ray and was excellent, it roped me in i felt like i was there i cried and laughed in all the right places which to me shows it's a fantastic film

i think joaquin pheonix should have got the oscar, he was brilliant, he was even slightly sexy which i'd never considered him to be before

harppie brother
Who will win in a fight out of all the heros ever made? cool

harppie brother
for me its got to be my favorite hero Trunks from dragon ballz

Morning_Glory
blink what does that have to do with Walk the Line

harppie brother
I don't know but I don't know what you guys talking about confused

shugie99
I am still really excited that Reese Witherspoon won the Oscar. She's a great actress and it's a long time coming for her!

Dusty
FINALLY got around to watching it.

And I absolutley loved it. This calls for a new sig.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.