Deathstroke vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Who wins this battle of the bad boys?

Tron
Tough call, but I'm going with Slade. They're both pretty damn skilled, but Deathstroke's smarter, and and better tactician. And he's immortal, so that's a big help in this fight.

emraldguardian
Deathstroke hands down, he took out Flash, Atom, Hawk man , and Green lantern at the same, he is too well of a tactitian.

juggernaut74
Thats kinda what I was thinking

norrin radd
he took down captain atom? and green lantern? how?

Arsenal
I would also like to know

emraldguardian
First off it was atom man, and i dont feel like explaining it buy Idenitiy crisis volume 2 and 3.

juggernaut74
Believe it or not emeralguardian is right. But I dont feel like explaing it either. Read the issues he mentioned.

MERCILOUS
I like Deathstroke alot so i'm a little ashamed to ask this but, since when is he Immortal?

Abaddon
Didn't Deathstoke take out the X-men in a crossover comic? I think he did.

MERCILOUS
oh yeah that's right! the whole x-men in like half a page! it was rediculous.

emraldguardian
Yea i love the way he fights cause he is able to predict what everyone is going to do before the fight even starts so he knows what do to, has anyone read when Deathstroke slaped Batman around like he was a rag doll.

lifeisaglich
Don't forget batman slapped him back because or he would not have said
If it wasn't for my enhanced abilities I would not have stood a chance. He did not say it like this but you get the picture.

Wolverine is quited skilled when he doesn't have is healing powers.
But when he has his powers he throws the skill part out the window.
He is not out of the fight yet.

And how is deathstroke immortal I also want to know.

juggernaut74
He took out Colossus and Wolverine in a Teentitans/x-men cross over.

spyrokinesi35
how the hell did he take out collosus?

juggernaut74
well it wasnt reallly a fight Colossus was charging him and he just ducked out of the way and he fell off a cliff or something gay like that.

lifeisaglich
And wolverine ?

juggernaut74
I think he shot something in his chest and blew him up or something. I used to own the comic but I havnt read it since I lost it awhile ago. If you want to read it its New Teentitans #2 from 1980 or 81

Arsenal
Deathstroke definately. Wolverine has nothing on him.

MERCILOUS
Cool, but how's he immortal?

Tron
You'll find some Deathstroke info here:

http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/deathstroke.html

I didn't feel like going through the whole immortal thing, so knock yourselves out. It's in the Deathstroke: The Hunted section about a page down.

lifeisaglich
Slade Wilson is capable of using 90% of his brain capacity, making him a master tactician. He also has heightened strength, agility, stamina and reflexes. In addition, he has rapid-healing powers and is immortal, being able to return from the grave and regenerate himself. The right eye he lost has since been restored with an artificial eye, equipped with infrared vision. Slade also has years of combat training. He is above average in hand to hand combat and is skilled in use of all kinds of weaponry.

In addition, he has rapid-healing powers and is immortal, being able to return from the grave and regenerate himself.

If they call being able to come back from death and regenerate which wolverine has done to verrrry extreme heights. Face blown off by the punisher, and electrocuted and got fired to the bones by the punshier, hands, legs, fingers, taken off but the regrew. And the list goes on. And if slade is an immortal then wolverine is a god is these sense.

MERCILOUS
Umm yeah, they're about equal in this aspect. i don't see how immortality would win a fight. Wolvie has been dead before. In fact due to brain damage, he too has come back in a state of psychosis. Although his was some sort of raging primal cunning.

SnakeEyes
this isn't who would win and who would DIE, its who would win and who would be defeated...

Tron
Basically. Pretty much who kicks who's ass. And I still give it to Slade.

MERCILOUS
I don't think I or anyone else on this thread has argued that.

Tron
I know, I'm just sayin'.wink

MERCILOUS
Cool.

MERCILOUS
I just thought i'd bring this up to see what Derrick would say.

the Darkone
It can go 50/50 depending on the story line. Remember wolverine has fought beings that some would kill Deathstrokelike magneto, DP, hulk, apocalypse,thanos, cyber, deadpool. wolverine has unbreakable bones slade is strong but not that strong he would be in spiderman league of strength, slade does have advantage of perdicting other peoples move.

Deathstroke would have to end it quick if he doesn't wolverine goes into berserk rage which is very hard to beat him he becomes like an animal, I don't think slade wants to see those damn claws of logan ripping threw his flesh because slade healing factor is not as the same as logan.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm sure Deathstroke could fight Magneto, Phoenix, or Thanos but he'd get his canoe kicked just like Wolverine would.

long pig
Slade outclasses Wolvie in nearly every aspect, especially intelligence and fighting ability.

Who would argue for Wolvie against Deathstroke?

Good fight to see though.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by the Darkone
It can go 50/50 depending on the story line. Remember wolverine has fought beings that some would kill Deathstrokelike magneto, DP, hulk, apocalypse,thanos, cyber, deadpool. wolverine has unbreakable bones slade is strong but not that strong he would be in spiderman league of strength, slade does have advantage of perdicting other peoples move.

Deathstroke would have to end it quick if he doesn't wolverine goes into berserk rage which is very hard to beat him he becomes like an animal, I don't think slade wants to see those damn claws of logan ripping threw his flesh because slade healing factor is not as the same as logan.

Even though DS has taken the entire X-men in like a page? Wolvie was there, why didn't he do anything? Maybe cause he can't.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Even though DS has taken the entire X-men in like a page? Wolvie was there, why didn't he do anything? Maybe cause he can't.
You really love crossovers don't you.

long pig
MERC' always digs deep for some old but good threads....

I don't think DS could take Wolvie as easy as he did in the x-over, he basically swatted Wolvie across the room with a backhand, he was gone before Wolvie regained.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by long pig
he basically swatted Wolvie across the room with a backhand, he was gone before Wolvie regained.
That's exactly what Spiderman did to him in Secret Wars. Oh my what a double standard.

long pig
Hey, I was just being diplomatic, I fully believe DS could do it. big grin

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
You really love crossovers don't you.

Not really, but if he can take half the JLA this is withing his character, so what's your point?

Swanky-Tuna
Not really, but if he can take half the JLA this is withing his character, so what's your point?
The JLA are whores for getting taken out. Everybody takes out the JLA. I don't think it makes Deathstroke look better but makes the JLA look worse.

Regardless, I still think he'd bonk Wolverine good.

long pig
Have you read anything Deathstroke lately?
He's slowling getting Jericho's(his son) powers.
(Jericho can inhabit peoples mind/body and is.....inhabiting Slade at the moment, and basically controlling him)
I dunno, sounds weird.

MERCILOUS
Crazy, between him and his daughter it could get pretty ugly.

And the JLA are not whores, just cause you have a lesser opinion of there oppenents does not make them whores swanky.

jinzin
deathstroke......this should really end here...

long pig
I have a strong feeling, Derrek will disagree.
I like how he quoted the editor of a comic that doesn't even exist yet, as a reason Slade would lose. laughing out loud

jinzin
from the wolverine vs. the world wizard? I have at least 2 of those and nowhere do I read wolverine vs. deathstroke...he may have another I haven't read....and if he does....I'd like the scan of it....but as of yet.....wolvie getting his ass kicked by deadpool equates to him losing to deathstroke in my book.

MERCILOUS
I have a strong feeling, Derrek will disagree.
I like how he quoted the editor of a comic that doesn't even exist yet, as a reason Slade would lose. laughing out loud

Actually that's the onlly reason I brought it back, I was digging, and when I saw this I just couldn't resist.

long pig
I know what he was referring to, and this is about the jest of what the editor said:
"If these two met, I'd have Slade use his (unbreakable metal) sword. It would be a fight to remember."

How he got Slade would lose, i just fail to grasp.

MERCILOUS
HAHAHAHAHAHHhahahhahhaAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Swanky-Tuna
And the JLA are not whores, just cause you have a lesser opinion of there oppenents does not make them whores swanky.
They're always getting taken down as a group though. Some team!

MERCILOUS
I don't know about always.

leonidas
<<wolvie getting his ass kicked by deadpool equates to him losing to deathstroke in my book.>.

agreed. and you're right - this thread should be over.

Mainstream
it should

srankmissingnin
Nightwing has held his own with Deathstroke, Azrael has held his own against Deathstroke, Batgirl has held her own against Deathstroke, and Batman has beaten Deathstroke. A fight between the two could end with DS as the victor but with out prep I just to see it happen the majority of the time. DS healing wont be keeping up with the damage Wolverine is dishing out.

And the only time Wolverine lost to DP he didnt have a healing factor.

MERCILOUS
ummmm, what?

srankmissingnin
....what?

long pig
NW held his own? Hardly survived, had to pay his way out of the situation...then when they faught again, DS thought he owed NW a favor..so he didn't kill him, beat his ass, but didn't kill him.

Batman, it's currently at a 2-0....2-1 if you count kicking DS off the top of a roof while he's trying to snipe someone as a win.

Azreal? I dunno.

Gas and sonic grenades would take Wolvie down, DS has plenty of both.
He outclasses Wolvie in every department except the unbreakable bones, which is a biggy.
Still, DS is just too smart, fast, strong and skilled to have someone with knives stickin out of his hands to tag him.

srankmissingnin
NW held his own? Hardly survived, had to pay his way out of the situation...then when they faught again, DS thought he owed NW a favor..so he didn't kill him, beat his ass, but didn't kill him.

Batman, it's currently at a 2-0....2-1 if you count kicking DS off the top of a roof while he's trying to snipe someone as a win.

Azreal? I dunno.

Gas and sonic grenades would take Wolvie down, DS has plenty of both.
He outclasses Wolvie in every department except the unbreakable bones, which is a biggy.
Still, DS is just too smart, fast, strong and skilled to have someone with knives stickin out of his hands to tag him.

DS thought NW was down but he got caught of guard by NW and he paid for it, he didn't even managed to get a hit in Nightwing had him guard to whole time until he accomplished what he needed. Has DS kicked NW's ass? Hell yes, but NW has managed to hold his own against him.

DS is stronger then Wolverine, but not enough to compinsate for Wolverine's damage soak and healing factor. Speed? They are about the same but I give DS the slight edge in that area as well. While DS may be stronger and faster he is in no way too fast or strong. DS is an extremely skilled fighter but in hand to hand fighting skill Wolverine is his better but a fair bit. DS has greater skill with weaponry then he does in h2h.

Gas/sonic grenades won't be taking Wolverine down, they will do little more then disorient him, giving DS a temporary edge.

Swanky-Tuna
If it wasn't for Nightwing and Batman and Batgirl always standing a chance against Deathstroke, I'd find his stabbing of Flash more acceptable.

Matthew Cancel
Well I agree that Slade would probably win but I think it would be a lot closer then you guys are putting it. I have ready Identity crisis and I was amazed at how it wrecked everyone but that it because he has experience with each of them before. He was able to calcuate everything because he had knowledge of each of their powers. But it you think about it none of his techniques are working on Wolverine. He's not going to KO him like Zatanna because of how skilled Wolverine is in various styles and he's definitely not breaking his hand like Gl. He going to have to revert to savage force for the fight which is logans speciality. I give the edge to Slade but to me it's a close fight.

Scoobless
you always have to give Wolverine a chance against people who don't completely overpower him... DS is very good when he knows who he's up against (from the admittedly little i've read of him) but if they meet in a bar or an alley and fight it out without knowing anything of the other to begin with i'd give the edge to Wolverine..... he has a ton of experience against upgraded psychos.... of course the longer it lasts the more info DS would gather and the balance might change in his favour.... IF it lasts that long

Wanderer259
Even if Slade knows nothing about Wolverine, he still has every edge save Logan's unbreakable skeleton. Slade can outfight Wolverine (especially if he has all of his weaponry), outthink Logan on the fly, overpower and outmaneuver him, and he can also heal, provided the wounds aren't anything overly substantial. Not to mention that as the fight drags on, like Scoobless said, the more information Deathstroke would gather and the more predictable Wolverine would become. On paper, Slade should win this one.

long pig
I don't think people grasp Slade's mental power, he is 10-15 times smarter than the average human, probably one of the smartest human strategists on earth.
He's the orginal "midnighter", he did the whole "fight in his head 100's of times before it happens" thing years before Midnighter.

He's so far above batman's mental capacity, that Batman even admits it and says it's nearly impossible to fight someone who is always 12 steps ahead of you. Outsmarting Batman is a big deal to me.

Then we have the issues of "Nightwing, Batman, Batgirl give him a hard time yada yada", Slade treats everyone like kids, he never really goes hardcore on them, always testing them like he's training them.
When he faught Batgirl, she said to herself that he always holds back on her, like he wants to see what shes made of. And she still couldn't take him.
He's been that way with everyone he fights.

Slade does rely on weapons more than h2h, but only because his job is to assassinate, he doesn't do it for fun. Why risk getting hurt when you have no personal emotions invested in the fight?

He is Wolvie's equal in skill, but his superior in speed(faster than WW), reflex's(enough to catch a lightspeeder), strength(2 tons), durability(immortality) and far far far far far far far far superior in intelligence and battle tactics.
Slade even has enhanced senses on par with Wolvies.

Wolverine's bones and super healing would be enough to make this an awesome fight IMO.
If written correctly, this would seriously be one of the best fights ever.

DrDoom
It would be a long, brutal fight...but Slade would win.

Max Spidey 24
Slade eats wolverine

CorderaMitchell
Easily, wolverine doesn't touch touch him by any stretch of the imagination.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.