Quenya or Sindarin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Telperaca
Take your pick!

*cough*QuenyaRules*cough*

angel

Flying High
i have to admit....i cant tell the difference no expression

Exabyte
laughing

When I first heard the two languages, I didn't really like Quenya... its sounded so ... prissy to me blink and way too proud, kinda unnatural, why Sindarin sounds like the growth of trees or the waters of a small well happy and is a lot more... fitting, more natural to speak than Quenya, which is totally a language for books and writing etc.

Now I kinda prefer Quenya, mainly because the grammatical structure with all the suffixes is imo a lot more interesting than the Sindarin-one where the interesting details are rather found in the phonology smile

Telperaca

Exabyte
laughing kinda true big grin I sometimes talk a few words to my friends in Sindarin, but hardly more than greeting and asking how they are laughing out loud i only use it for What the f**k? animals What the f**k?

Telperaca
Lol.

I've not really qrogressed much with Quenya.
I usually seem to be thinking about it im ny mind, but never alout. I'd hate to know how my pronounciation is like! laughing out loud
If I see a star, i'm usually thinking "varnyar eleni" or "mori talan". Just simple phrases.

eezy45
SINDARIN Jumpy

Flying High
i saw it on a news programme schools for elvish and things opened cause of the lord of the rings movies...that was disturbing no expression

Telperaca
EEzy > D'oh

Exabyte
laughing Lol, the same happens to me sometimes... especially when Im walking through a forest or so messed

Nienna
I like both....if I'm feeling social, Quenya. And if I want to just walk with trees or sit in a puddle of water, then Sindarin.

But as I'm more people-orientated, Quenya it is eek!

Though currently I'm in part Sindarin mode no expression

bag Don't kill me Telpy cry

Telperaca
Lol
You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how EVIL it may be!
laughing

Sindarin = Evil
Evil = Wrong
Wrong = Sindarin

Quenya = Good
Good = I like
Quenya = I like

(Don't ask how that works)

*has been practicing more Quenya today*

eezy45
laughing out loud

I prefer Quenya actually though stick out tongue

Elondra
What's the difference?

Exabyte

Thorondor
Traitor stick out tongue

Exabyte
What blink

Thorondor
you heard me lol

Exabyte
Hear is not understand huh

Thorondor
You read me then lol

Exabyte
I still dont know what you mean cry bag

offtopic

Elondra
If someone spoke one of them I still wouldn't notice the difference.

But thanks for explaining Exasmile

Telpy
Quenya's winning!!

WooooT!

Draugwen
I don't prefer either... Sindarin seems easier to learn though wink It doesn't have cases as Quenya does, and the sentence structure is much easier... but I'm trying to learn both anyway yes

Telpy
:: Whispers... ::

QUENYA!! lol!
Where are you learning the languages from?

Draugwen
I've got books big grinbig grinbig grin (And they are pretty good smile *hugs books*)

Telpy
Oh wow!
I just have print outs from the internet!
*blushes*
Come to think of it, I've never seen any books on LotR languages in the bookshops.

it_wasn't_me
Originally posted by Thorondor
You read me then lol
sindarin= elves of middle earth
Quenya= highelves

just if anybody wants to know

it_wasn't_me

Telpy
Feanor, or Feanaro is Quenya, is not evil. He's just ambicious, and that is not evil. Presonally, I think he was powerful and creative, and although his actions did cause really bad things to happen, they allowed for a very good book to be written.

So, no Feanor, no Silmaril, no wars, no interesting stories, no Silmarillion. And if the Silmarillion didn't exist, now would my character. wink

it_wasn't_me
Originally posted by Telpy
Feanor, or Feanaro is Quenya, is not evil. He's just ambicious, and that is not evil. Presonally, I think he was powerful and creative, and although his actions did cause really bad things to happen, they allowed for a very good book to be written.

So, no Feanor, no Silmaril, no wars, no interesting stories, no Silmarillion. And if the Silmarillion didn't exist, now would my character. wink

no feanor no book i agree but still feanor is evil because the murders on the house of olwes cant be undon

vanice

it_wasn't_me

silmarilon is much about feanor and noldors but its about many other things. but the noldor story wouldnt exist if feanor never did as he did.

feanor wanted to listen to morgoths lies. feanor still EVIL.

Draugwen
No, Feanor is not evil. He may have chosen the wrong path, but he was not truly evil. He's on the edge though.
(It's a reason why I like him so much... I have a weak spot for these good/evil-edge persons stick out tongue)

Draugwen
Oh wow!
I just have print outs from the internet!
*blushes*
Come to think of it, I've never seen any books on LotR languages in the bookshops.

I can imagine stick out tongue
*is glad to live in a country where these exist*
I don't think there are many of them. And as I said; they're pretty good. From the internet doesn't have to be less good though wink (As long as it's not the Grey Company site...)

rolling on floor laughing

it_wasn't_me
Originally posted by Draugwen
No, Feanor is not evil. He may have chosen the wrong path, but he was not truly evil. He's on the edge though.
(It's a reason why I like him so much... I have a weak spot for these good/evil-edge persons stick out tongue)

it seems to me that feanor doesn't regret the blodbath (im maybe wrong confused ). thats why i think feanor is evil.

Draugwen
Yeah, you're maybe wrong wink The Silm wasn't all too specific about it, but then, it wasn't very often where feelings were concerned it seems to me... stick out tongue And no one really knows about it I think, but then I haven't read a lot off additional book material where it could possibly have been stated, and my memories of the Silm are a bit dim... so I think my perception is a personal one as well as yours wink
It's one of these uncertain things that so much inspire fanfiction stick out tongue

it_wasn't_me
i dont think its writen clearly if he regret it or not. i just got a feeling about that he dont regret it because i think he didnt just chosed one wrong path. i think he chosed many wrong path.

Draugwen

vanice

it_wasn't_me
ok back to the thread.

vanice
quenya is probably the best language because it contains more words. but moast of the elves speaked sindarin, maby it's better because so many liked it. my vote goes to sindarin.

it_wasn't_me
sindarin elves are the best singers. my vote goes to sindarin.

Draugwen

LadyOfMirkwood9
I love sindarin(still trying to learn it.)

Draugwen
Trying to learn both big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.