Has Tarkin been confirmed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedijunky1138
OK I ran a search and did not find any other threads on this topic.
I have yet to see where Tarkins appearance in ROTS has been confirmed.

any thoughts?

PVS
i dont think it was actually confirmed.
but i think its a given, right?

ctsketch
Theres a picture of tarkin in episode II out there already, so thats pretty damn confirmed

ctsketch
http://www.moviespoilers.net/files/tarkin1.jpg

http://episode3.swclub.ru/images/cast/tarkin.jpg

jedijunky1138
Can yo find the pic? Couldn't it be a fake?

jedijunky1138
lol you beat me to it. This could be a fake IMHO.

Whisper
I think the photo is real and the actor (can't remember his name) has been confirmed as playing him. Plus Lucas needs to explain how he's above Vader in the pecking order in ANH.

jedijunky1138
So is he in the cast of characters? I will check the OS to see if it is there.

Coley
Those pictures have been confirmed to be fake.

Master Kadub
Tarkin will be in EpIII........I cant see how he could not be.....

But then again, who knows with GL.....

mephistodesigns
They showed those pics on Supershadows sight, I just assumed they were fake. Besides, even make-up tests have back grounds. And Whisper, Vader's not in a "pecking order". He's second in command. He respects Tarkin's command of the Death Star enough to respect his space on not kill officers on his territory.

Lowbacca
Really? Well... Nevertheless we will get to see Tarkin, that's for sure! eek!

Coley
Duh!

dankstick
TFN story on Tarkin in ROTS. The pictures do not seem to be available anymore.

cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=22019

jedijunky1138
so it HAS NOT been confirmed then?

Xam
I OPPENED A THREAD WAY WAY WAY BACK SAYING "YES IT HAS" MY THREAD HAS THE PICS TO PROOVE IT MY FRIENDS!

PVS
but those pics are not confirmed xam.
although its not definate, i think it would be a foolish move for
GL to not have at least a short scene with tarken. after all,
he outranks vader in ep4 and seems to have more inside info
on the emporer than even vader. notice how tarkin was the
one to break the news of the dissolving of the senate to everyone
else, including vader. he HAS to show up in ep3 imho

NoMeN
if so, why did LF pull them down?

as u can see here: http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=22019
it had been put down because of LF request

PVS
^^^^

didnt know that...interesting

why would LFL have a fake pic taken down? not likely.
its probably genuine then

NoMeN
yep big grin

mephistodesigns
Tarkin doesn't neccessarily break the news to Vader. Vader enters WITH Tarkin in that scene. I was always under the impression that they found out together, and Tarkin told everyone because Vader isn't exactly the P.R. guy for the Empire. I kinda felt like Vader was on the same level as Tarkin, but there as an observer, like Maul when he actually went to Theed in Ep1. So Vader respects his space and let's him command his "ship" basically.

zutalurs
Until ESB, is Vader even considered to be part of the hierachy of the galaxy? That would explain why Tarkin is considered "higher" than Vader. Vader is Palps personal bad-ass. He's not in the Senate or a Governor. He is just henchmen to the man in charge.
Then when Palps disolves the Senate, Vader then assumes a role in the Empire with an official rank.
So, showing Tarkin isn't as important as we may think. He's a highly ranked officer in the Emporer's military. Nothin more. He's not Vice-Emporer and he doesn't outrank anyone. A simple "You will be my right hand" type line to Anakin/Vader explains that he has "unofficial" power. Can't pass laws, but he can choke anyone who pisses him off. Kind of like Hillary's role in the Clinton administration.

kingcoot
The darkside, to my knowledge, doesn't care what rank you are. There can only be one emperor. Vader and Tarkin serve the emperor. The rank any of them are given doesn't change the fact they will serve and be used by the emperor.

I my self would love to see Tarkin in ROTS. There has to be a nice bridge to walk across. Soon we will know.

Cowboyography
Tarkin sure acts like he runs the show in ANH. I understand Vader may just let Tarkin be the man on his own ship but you would think a Sith Lord wouldnt care where the hell they were and take tarkin out if he felt like it.

Jackie Malfoy
I mean if you think of it.Why would he be in star wars three?He is not until the fourth movie.
So why would he be in this one?I mean there would be no point.
Anyway I had not seen any pictures of the ones that you are talking about which is good because I don't think I do.Anyway JM Happy Dance

Cipher
Wasn't an actor in Ep. 3 suspected to be Tarkin? I remember a name coming up and when I compared a picture of him to the second "Tarkin" pic, it sure seemed to be that guy under make-up. He was a recurring character on Farscape, I think.

vanyoda
Hey check out this photo, found it on a Google
search.

Http://tinypic.com/dz3gh

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Very much does Vader let Tarkin be the man in charge on the Death Star! I think Vader more likely has a supervising role, in place of the Emp. A bit like in ROTJ, untill the old hazard himself pays an overseeing visit. Surely, Vader could open up a can of whoop-ass on Tarkin if he felt like it and say to his master that he didn't do a good paint job!!!
In episode 3, we will much likely see Vader, Tarkin and Palpatine do a good furniture job on the skeleton of the soon to be Death Star! (I hope...?!...!?)

Keep it going people, nice pictures

LandoSpeeder
ht*p://www,freewebs,com/starwarsep3/Star_Wars_Episode_3_III_Young_tarkn_1.jpg

Stunrun
I always thought Wilem Defoe would be a good part for the Tarkin role, mainly because of his prominent cheek bones, like Cushin had

cylob49
WHATS THAT????.........would lucas have the balls to do that?
A cg Cushing.

Personally old William the Bloody aka SPIKE aka James Masters wouldve been a good Tarkin
or our very own Christopher(DR WHO)Ecclestone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.