The Official Fushigi Yuugi thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jace_Rave
HEY! I finally found a use for the public library, besides fast internet. I found out that a library by me had an anime series. I special ordered it, and like it alot. The anime is Fushigi Yugi-The Mysterious Play. Anyone else seen it/liked it.

Kitoky
I thought the manga was much better, but I've only seen like 3 episodes of Fushigi Yuugi, and it was pretty good I guess. Kinda dark, which is interesting, Yu Watase must have a thing for celestial things. *coughAyashi no Cerescough*

BlackHatDefect
I definatly think the manga was beeter..i hated the dubbing of Fy...but as you can tell by my sig,its my fave anime.It also holds my husband of two years(lol)Tamahome.FY is a great anime for everyone,because its got everything in it.Romance,Humor,Horror(Mitskuake in a dress is pretty scary),Action,and a cast of caracters you totally fall in love with.HURRAY FOR FUSHIGI YUUGI)

Shinobiprincess
I read the mangas but didn't get to see the anime.. I like all the characters but the one that I liked the most was chichiri No Da!
http://ajaxbreaker.worldbreak.com/fy004.jpg

Kitoky
It's really uncanny because Miaka's character is like a EXACTLY like Usagi/Serena from Sailor Moon.

crazy_c
I've seen the first 5 episodes and yeah it's pretty good. I agree about Miaka being a lot like Usagi. yes

BlackHatDefect
I liked the manga a lot better.Miaka was cool untill the OAVs,where she became a totally evily annoying girl with a bad taste for guys SPOLIER FOR THE END**************I don't belive Taka/Tamahome are the same/i wrote a sympoium about it im so into that.Choosing Taka over my love was EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!

Kitoky
That's the same as the manga SM, Usa isn't that ditzy.....and mindless...and annoying.

BlackHatDefect
yes true,im just gernerallizing a time though....ohh yes,i have seen many simmilaritys..i think i like Usagi better though,but when it comes to their boys i hate Mamoru..Tamahome all the way!!

quiball
they just change it to make it funnier
i liked FY. it's really interesting and all the bishies are so hot!

BlackHatDefect
YES THEY ARE!!!(wow,old thread)

kanis
alien Is anyone scared of noriko Im mean she is a man but dresses like a woman and even fancies men I am told that he finally dresses like a man.

BlackHatDefect
Why should people be scared of*Nuriko*?Hes a really sweet guy!

ssj4goku
never seen it whats it about tell me and maybe i just might have to look for it

kurakitsune
I seen all the eps and that all have not read the manga i like that crossdersser and he does that cuz his sis is died if u guys have not seen all the seasons of it i like sajaku the Phoenix

ChinaNiki
I love this series. I have the box sets for Suzaku and Sayru (sp). I was exhausted that week because I just had to finish all the episodes. I bought my copies overseas so they were much cheaper and no annoying English dubbing. It just sounds so much better in Japanese.

BlackHatDefect
Seriyu*
anyway,the dub does the anime no justice,as the anime itself does the manga no justice....its really incky.HJowever,I *adore*Midorikawa's performance as Tamahome,so thats pretty cool.

and Tama's DBZ hair thing was EVIL!!!!

Goku-kun
its basicly Inuyasha with a deeper plot,more original characters,and has more romance.
http://www.viz.com

kanis
alien But me and my friends keep, calling her a woman by accident well until he ( she i did it again) cuts his hair and wears mans clothing

BlackHatDefect
Nuriko is a great guy though....

kanis
alien Yeah he is really funny, specially when he and the emperor pretend to be women and the guys are like saying how beautifull they are.

BlackHatDefect
Yesh...I don't like Horohori much though...hes to annoying...

kanis
alien Damn right he is the most vainest person that I have ever seen.

BlackHatDefect
Its not the vainity...hes just....sappy...and annoying..and a whiner

TrAnCeDuO
chichiiri would be awesome if they would just do away with his damn "micky-mouse" voice and went with his deep one!

BlackHatDefect
He kinda drops that when he goes serious,expecially in the OAVs(which are 3v1[)

am drunk
wat anime is fushigi yugi, wats it about

BlackHatDefect
www.viz.com

look there

or PM me

am drunk
thnx BlackHatDefect

BlackHatDefect
LOL!

Did you know theres a secon series with the priestess of Genbou..its really kool!

Jace_Rave
is it actually any good?

BlackHatDefect
Yes,I really think so...the characters are less naggy annoying

Jace_Rave
how long is it? (episode #)

BlackHatDefect
the manga..umm..I donno about the anime but the manga is 18 VLS

Jace_Rave
it's probably at least 12 discs!

BlackHatDefect
You can get the boxed set in a smallerversion

scoobytwo194
I just loved Fushigi Yugi it was the best anime I have seen and I love anime. I have almost seen everyone of them I have watched 53 episodes I wish they would make more!!!!!! : smile smile smile

BlackHatDefect
THey have Fushigi Yuugi Genbou Kaiden,which is the Genbou tale,however you'll need to read it in Japanese^_-

THey also have one Vl manga about the pasts of each Yuugi character

Jace_Rave
WOW! and it's not like there are few characters...the makers of the show must be really abicious
did you know that they're re-releasing the original anime on dvd

BlackHatDefect
Yes actually.Im really excited about that(although id rather buy the boxed set).

I can't wait to read Genbou...IM SO SO EXCITED!I gatta find a scanlation site besides shoujomagic that hosts it though...

hana_skywalker
I'm a HUGE fan of FY, it's one of my favourite anime series, together with Ayashi no Ceres. I've seen the whole series and I'm reading the manga right now. wink To those who have seen the OVAs, don't you think it's stupid they've made OVA series 1?? The story is absolutely nonsense!! lol They should've done it just like the manga.

eek! I didn't know they were going to release the anime series again!! Thanks for the info!! Does anybody know if they're going to re-animate some episodes??

For those who haven't seen it, you can ask me anything about it by PM, no problem. wink Maybe I can answer.

Jace_Rave
well, ur still a lot farther than me...I still have to watch the second season of the first series...w/miaka, and tamahome

BlackHatDefect
Iv been in the buisiness a long time(KYAH!My English is terrible)

Even though we'd be like,the only people there,wanna make an "official Fushigi Yuugi "thread?

Jace_Rave
where? Gaia?

BlackHatDefect
no,here.

hana_skywalker
Can anyone help me with this? smile I'm trying to find a translation (English or Spanish) for FY volume 12 of the manga. I would appreciate some links. Thank you very much!!

BlackHatDefect
It should be out in English pretty soon anyway

IcE-AnGel34
Hello! ummm...i sorta wanna just ask about the Fushigi Yugi DVDs. ok! For the "Fushigi Yugi OVA Box, Seiryu Box, and Suzaku Box set" are they all the same or just different stories?

I'm not really sure so can someone help me out before i buy them pwease?T_T

BlackHatDefect
The OAV set is more like the "secons season",and Suzaku is the "First Season".Eikoden isthe final chappie

Jace_Rave
well, this kinda already is...and we are really the only two constant posters... big grin

IcE-AnGel34
Ok thanks for the Help BlackHatDefect!^_^

BlackHatDefect
NP,now lets talk FY!

KowaiShoujo
I actually love both the manga AND the anime : ) I will NEVER watch dubbed anime... So I watched the Jap. verson of FY all the way. Dude, those seiyuus are awesome! The soundtracks are good also. I wonder where I could find those extra books after the seriers... Like Eikoden is from the extra novel. I read part of Nuriko's, Hotohori's and Tasuki's. All of them are great. Anyway.. I love FY. It rocks.

BlackHatDefect
I haven't read any of those yet(im a pathetic scanlator)

*cries*if theres any way you could help me with that Mrs.Kowai.....

I really hated the FY dub,its not worth it at all.The biggest let down was Tomo's voice(it was so hot in Japanese)

That and im a Midorikawa Hikaru buff>_<

I really wanna read the Tamahome one.Actually,the only one im not interested in is Tasuki's(I have this....thing with him...he and those fangirls will die oneday!!!)

Jace_Rave
So...I guess I'm gonna start saving up to buy the second season box set...how much ya think it'll cost? If you could find some sites (reliable ones pls., no credit card scamming and that shit) that I could order it from, and post a link on here...that would be great! thanx

BlackHatDefect
Well..Ebay would be my only though>_<How far are you anyway?

BlackHatDefect
Well,as failing as the regular thread is,I figure if Inuyasha(its younger clone)gets an official thread,FY should too.

Sad though..im pretty sure there won't be many on this one.

I shall try anyway>_<

songbirdforever
Fushigi yuugi is cool My sister has the entire series on vhs and the oav's she let me borrow them and I watched it as the least three times. the first time i didn't go to sleep untill i had watched it all

BlackHatDefect
Whos your favorite character ne?

songbirdforever
I liked the ending I was just sorry for all of the losses on the side of miaka's team.

BlackHatDefect
Yeh,but the "everyone coming back in spirtit thing"was just...stupid(ruined the drama)

Jace_Rave
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH soilers for me!!! I really have to finish the series! damn my poorness

BlackHatDefect
SOWWY!

songbirdforever
to b.h.d. from page three- yeah that was kinda dumb but The good points out did the bad

BlackHatDefect
I guess...have YOU read Genbou Kaiden yet?

songbirdforever
no, whats it about?
another stupid part of fushigi yuugi:
the way the two main characters keep calling eachother
- "Miaka........" "tamahome........" "miaka..........." "Tamahome.........."
"miaka........" "tamahome........" "Miaka.........." "tamahome........." and on and on and on. This thing must be repeated throught the whole series over 200 times. and i don't just mean them using eachothers names.
I mean where the name of their beloved is ripped out from them sending out a song-like overture of unreleased passion and longing.
My step sister and i make fun of it all the time by repeating it over dramatically over and over again.

BlackHatDefect
Ironically,that never happends in the manga.Everyone always complains about it,but when its not even in the REAL series,they should just ignore it.Most of it is the dub anyway.

tehOTAKU777

Jace_Rave
I finished the first season...actually, I went to the public library and searched any anime anything in wiscosin...tomahawk public library had this series on vhs...so i checked it out. It was only the first season though

BlackHatDefect
Ok.For the OAV,you'd HAVE to go Ebay Suncoast,Boarders,Sam Goody,FYE,Barns and Nobles,,its pretty dammed rare!I know a library in upper Illinois has it,but I donno if your willing to travel that far.

BlackHatDefect
I HATE IT!A place to get Fushigi Yuugi~Genbou Kaiden(now someone teach me how to use it...)

http://shoujomagic.org/update/index.php

grintgirl
ok i love fushigi yugi and all the characters are so different i think my favorite would be nuriko because of her/his hilarious "perversion" with crossdressing

i cried my eyes out when... well most of you know it was like losing somebody real if if you followed the story all the way

RIP
Nuriko...

Merged and Spoilers added.

grintgirl
who are you guys' favorite celestial warriors or preistess??(character)

BlackHatDefect
You should have put a spoiler warning>_<

Tamahome.I hate everything about him,but none of it is really his fault....Im just magically attracted to his lovely goodness.BTW,you should have used the official thread

grintgirl
sorry i was going to honestly but that subject kept popping up in my head

BlackHatDefect
LOL,go to official thread my lovely...you'll find other FY lovers there^_-

grintgirl
hey have you seen fushigi yugi eikoden??

BlackHatDefect
Yeh...there was no Tamahome..therefore it was EVIL!

grintgirl
i still dont get why his name is taka

grintgirl
i guess i could read the WHOLE series

BlackHatDefect
SPOILERS
Because Taka is not Tamahome.Same body,not the same person(Tamahome's memorys or his person was sealed away)
Tamahome was actually killed or "taken into"Taka....however,that was just his memorys...STILL MAKING HIM TAKA!!!

Taka was an incarnation of Tamahome in the real world,and a complete poof...NO ONE TAKES THE PLACE OF MY ONE AND ONLY AND LIVES*mashes Taka' brain's in*

Takiko_4ever
love fushigi yugi...but now i'm waiting for genbu gaiden!

mssharrow
I heard that there is already available downloadable manga for this genbu gaiden, is there anyone here read it?

what is this about, is miaka & others still here? or is it about susunal?
susunal is the maiden of genbu right?

Celestialgirl
Genbu Kaiden is about the first priestess of the Universe of four gods, Takiko Okuda. It's way darker than the one with Suzaku and Seiryu and you have an idea of what happens at the end but I really like it-so do all my friends! Takiko Okuda's father, Einosuke Okuda was the creator of the book. I bought the first one in September. It's really awesome!

mssharrow
bump*

I miss this anime, hope to see the genbu kaiden soon smile

Takiko_4ever
Hell yea!
Love Genbu!

Celestialgirl
That'd be awesome!

Takiko_4ever
Yes it would!

Takiko_4ever
Can't wait for a Byakko Kaiden to!
if there is going to be one...

mssharrow
is there really a biako kaiden? wow yeah if there is, I can't wait for this too, but first I have to go over with genbu kaiden first. embarrasment

Originally posted by Takiko_4ever
Hell yea!
Love Genbu!

have you seen all the series of genbu kaiden?

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.