Slugfest Showdown Day 3! Frothbyte vs Norrin Radd [Everyone in forum can vote!]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Crazyspinz wins in a 4 to 3 vote against ScarletSpider in a very close battle. I am now stating this, you are NOT allowed to change your vote from here on. Once you vote, you cannot change. I had a big problem last round with people changing their votes. I will have none of that.

The reason I don't want a poll I because I want the people to vote to also make a comment. I don't want any anonymous votes.

This battle takes place in antartica.

Frothbyte

Morg
http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/morg.html

Iron Man
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/i/ironman.htm

Cable with Techno Organic Virus
http://marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/cable.htm

Ghostrider
http://classicmarvel.com/cast/ghostrider_ketch.htm

Nightcrawler
http://marveldirectory.com/individuals/n/nightcrawler.htm

Lady Shiva
http://www.unstable.com/whoswho/ladyshiva.htm

Captain America
http://marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainamerica.htm

vs

Norrin Radd

Silver Surfer
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/silversurfer.htm

Invisible Woman
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/invisiblewoman.htm

Spawn
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/spawn.htm

Sunfire
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/sunfire.htm

Iceman (Robert Drake)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/iceman.htm

Batman (Bruce Wayne)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/batman.htm

Black Panther (T'Challa)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/blackpanther.htm

Invisible Woman cannot create force bubbles, fields, or anything inside her opponent. Nightcrawler cannot teleport body parts off. Iceman cannot control a person directly with his powers (ie turning their blood into ice)

Link to rules:
As always a link to the rules.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ugfest+showdown

crazyspinz
wow this will be sooo frikin close

scarlet spider, good battle, it could have gone either way dude.

norrin radd

crazyspinz
can they both loose, i dont want to face either of them

Arsenal
Anyone with Spawn AND Silver Surfer on the same team will always win except if they're up against Aunt May

norrin radd

Krissy Von Doom
I think either these teams could give your team a run for their money, crazyspinz.

norrin radd

Evangel94
I said REPEATEDLY, sue cannot create force bubbles, fields, or anything inside another person. If you don't read the rules or the my rulings then you will be removed from the tournament. The link that you used is also the version of spawn your using. Remember once spawn uses up all his energy he gets sent back to hell. I usually don't comment, but I must comment when a strategy is flat out wrong.

norrin radd
calm down, i have noticed that, if you read, i already said i was sorry.

norrin radd

crazyspinz
haha, i have defence against sue. but as for this fight, norrin has a kick ass strategy, and GH will be useless, his hellfire will be stoped by ice man and his stare will do nothing to those guys.

but morg is so strong, and ironman is no pushover, that one will be tuff.

ScarletSpider
Sure was fun, and good luck with the rest of the tourny. smile

God, this is a tough match-up, I'll need more time to formulate a response.

crazyspinz
is spawn vonerable to telepaths?

FrothByte
when i first picked my characters, i picked them for strategic purposes.
if i had inteded to fight in 1 on 1 vs. battle, i would have picked stronger characters...
but since i plan to fight with a strategic game plan, i hope you guys don't mind if i don't
follow the 1 on 1 vs. type of matches that the first two rounds followed.

morg vs. surfer
these two have beaten the other before, so it could go either way. but i will ofcourse defend my man.
both have the power cosmic, and even though surfer has the power to rearrange molecules
i don't think he will be able to utilize this because morg will be able to blast surfer in the
few moments he would need to start manipulating molecules. with that being said, i think their
power cosmics cancel each other out... and morg is definitely the better hand to hand fighter.
perhaps the best fighter among the heralds.

cable vs. ivisible woman
i believe cable will be able to scramble sue's brains before she is able to create a bubble
inside cable. and even if cable doesn't scramble her brains, he would be able to launch unnending
psionic blasts into her and pummel her into submission. and cable does have guns. and from what
i've seen in the past, he can keep on fighting while simultaneously launching psionic attacks.

ghostrider vs. spawn
like i said, strategy. i could have pitted ironman against spawn, but i believe gr would be more
effective. his penance stare would work wonders with spawn. i believe the spawn we are talking
about here isn't the god-like spawn but the spawn who is at the middle of his powers. if so,
then he will be powerful enuf to take down gr after sometime, but i think gr could put on a penance
stare on spawn before he is able to finish off gr.

ironman & nightcrawler vs. sunfire & iceman
again, the strategy. i picked nightcrawler for only 1 reason, teleportation. he would keep iceman busy... not sure if iceman can freeze his blood if nightcrawler doesn't stay in one place and keeps on teleporting. ironman will kick sunfire's butt.

lady shiva & capt. america vs. batman & black panther
lady shiva has beaten batman before, she could do it again. i admit that capt. america will have a very
hard time with black panther, and may even end up the loser (damn that vibranium suit). but i believe cap. a
is good enuf a fighter to give black panther one hell of a fight. hopefully another one of my fighters will
finish off their fights fast enuf to help out cap. america.

even if one of my fighters do fail (especially in the last two paragraphs that i stated), i am confident that
both cable and morg would survive and finish off all remaining opponents. (maybe morg and surfer would kill each
other out). i am aware that spawn is also able to teleport, but his teleportation hurts him greatly. leaving him
weak and vulnerable (as seen in his first fight with redeemer).

FrothByte
remember that i have cable. even if sue makes a force field around your team and around morg, it doesn't shield her from telepaths. she wouldn't be able to hold the force fields if cable starts hitting her with psionic bolts. he may even kill her. and even if cable wasn't on my team, nightcrawler could just teleport in and stick sue with his sword.

norrin radd

FrothByte
ghostrider doesn't have blood so iceman cannot freeze his blood. and besides, im sending gr against spawn. spawn has been a mercenary and i really do think that the penance stare would work wonders for him.

also, remember that i have cable... and norrin's strategy won't mean a thing if cable dissable's sue.

norrin radd

Nataku8188
Big problem... Spawn wouldn't be affected by the pennance stare because he doesn't feel remorse about those hes killed.

FrothByte
really? how come? how is sue protected from telepthic attacks? and even if she is shielded telepathically (which i doubt), i already stated that nightcrawler would be able to teleport right behind her and stick his sword through her. besides, the spawn we are referring to here is the spawn that gets terribly weak and agonized every after teleportation. and i do hope the spawn here is the spawn before he beat malebolgia... coz if its after then that makes him too powerful to be in this category.

FrothByte
agreed. good fight. smile anyway about that comment about me fighting who i want, i think that i have faster fighters. gr is faster than spawn when he's in motorcycle. ironman is faster than iceman and nightcrawler is faster than sunfire because of teleportation. that would mean that they would be able to approach their intended opponents before your characters get to close in on their chosen opponents. and besides, if cable can eliminate sue, that would bring a lot of trouble for your other guys.

but hey, no matter the outcome, no hard feelings k? good battle.

Nataku8188
I wish evangel would post her team, and im voting for Norrin Radd based on the fact that...

Sue can turn invisble AND create bubbles around people, Spawn is immune to everything GR has, SS can beat Morg, Iceman can create walls of ice and such randomly around himself or above opponents and rop them on them.

FrothByte
really? i never knew sue could protect herself from telepaths. how does she do this? sure messed up my game plan. if that's the case maybe cable can just attack silver surfer instead. telapathically i mean. and morg will set up a force field around sue (i think he can do it). smile

FrothByte
gr has used his penance stare on alot of people who didn't feel remorse for their victims. it would work on spawn. not sure about the symbiote though. and don't forget cable, he is a psionic. and even encased in a bubble, he can randomly attack the other players in the field. pummeling them and maybe even killing them. if he does get trapped in a bubble, and finds out that he can't harm sue telepathically, then he could attack spawn psionically, making him vulnerable. then after he is done, attack iceman, then sunfire, then all the rest... maybe even silver surfer, making morg's victory alot easier.

norrin radd

ScarletSpider
Panther and Bats present a big problem here, probably Panther more so, as he's always got a dozen plans up his sleeve, whereas Batman's most famous defense is "if I had a week of prep time". In theory, T'Challa's claws should be able to damage Cap's shield, imagine the big crybaby response if that happens!

Without doubt Lady Shiva will lay the smack down, but Panther's best weapon has always been his mind and guile, he has, and would destabilizie the world economy just for an edge on his opponent. If he was fighting a nun, he would light a monastary full of lepers on fire just to gain a 5 second advantage. This quality along with martial arts mastery, herbal enhancements and Wakandan tech get him a win, in my book. Bats just rides his coattails, or gurgles blood after his Lady Shiva beating.

Nightcrawler's teleporting does present a challenge but it greatly taxes his endurance, Iceman could just turn himself into a puddle and wait it out or something.

Overall, I vote Norrin Radd's team, but only after a long hard fight. Great battles here, imo.

norrin radd

FrothByte
but is surfer shielded from telepathic attacks. coz if he's not, that will present a big problem. even if cable cannot kill him telepathically, he will distract him enuf for morg to kill him.

norrin radd
hey nakatu great pick with your team

FrothByte
sh!t. why did eva have to do this in antartica? you have iceman.

Krissy Von Doom
Morg vs Surfer = Morg, probably....not sure yet. This one will be really close but because both are equal in terms of power, I'd say the executioner tops the scientist. I think Surfer can beat Morg is if he's fighting for something, like when Morg killed Nova or smashed his board, but what else can Morg do to instigate Norrin in this battle? I think Surfer will be fighting as he regularly does. In addition, I think having Sue on Surfer's team will be a distraction for Norrin. Surfer knows the kind of power Morg brings to the table and, with all the cosmic bolts flying around, he will be concerned because Sue's practically family. Now, if a stray cosmic bolt kills the Invisible Woman? Morg gets destroyed with the rest of the combatants and much of Earth's northern hemisphere.

norrin radd

FrothByte
i tried to confirm my theory, and it turned out that morg can create force fields around himself and around others, same goes for cable. if this is the case, then they could just use the same strategy that sue uses.

norrin radd

norrin radd

FrothByte
i have a new battle plan, copied it a bit from yours. morg puts up a force field around the entire team... and cable eliminates those he can telepathically within the force field. taking out maybe iceman first, then spawn or the others. i don't need him to take out too many, just enuf to tip the scale of the fight. but i have to admit, norrin's team was the only team i feared in the tournament. how ironic it seems that i should go against him in the first bout.

norrin radd

FrothByte
its ok, i don't need him to go against sue's force field, just long enuf for cable to do damage to the others then he releases his force field and its a free for all melee. i don't think morg can hold up his force field for long either, not with surfer and spawn blasting at it, but just long enuf for cable's psionics to come into play.

FrothByte
damn force fields. its starting to make my head hurt. i initially came into this fight with alot of spark thinking that cable could telepathically take down sue... but then you say she can't, and it just forced me think a lot harder. lolol

norrin radd

Evangel94
Currently the votes are 2 to 0 in favor of Norrin Radd

norrin radd

FrothByte
ei guys, i've got to go already. got work in an hour. il probably log in later to check the results (although it seems to me from the few votes cast that im in the losing end). but like norrin said, bad luck. smile wish i could have just been matched with you in the last rounds. either way if you do beat me, then im rooting for your team for the rest of the tourny. touche.

norrin radd

FrothByte
last post last post. im agreed that if sue is shielded from telepaths then im a gonner. can someone please confirm this. coz if she is vulnerable to telepaths, then i think i have a very good chance of winning. i need this confirmed. see you guys later.

norrin radd
i have it here it was written by wynndar:

"Sue's field blocks telepathy, she has demonstrated this against Psi-Lord...the only telepath able to get through is Galactus...yes Galactus is a telepath, and on a whole different order than an earthly x-woman....She doesnt seem to have problems with telepaths..or TK...her power comes from Hyperspace and is totally different"

"IW force field can block just about anything, and mental attacks r nothing, she has fought psi-lord to a standstill...Jean would be no different....Sue has more experience and fought a more impressive list, she is also a better leader and strategist...I think she would simply overload Jean...I am refering to regular Jean Grey, no dark Phoenix stuff"

FrothByte
ok fine, i won't use telepathy on sue then. i have another idea, i just had to post it before i leave.

nightcrawler is afraid to teleport into places he hasn't seen because of the risk that he might teleport into
a solid object. with this in mind, then he will be able to teleport himself directly into sue's occupied space,
killing them both instantly. two bodies occupying the same space will explode. with the sue gone, my team will
be free to fight and will tip the scales in my favor especially with cable's telepathy and morg's force fields.
nightcrawler's sacrifice will be worth it.

Nataku8188
They wont explode, they will fuse. I refer you to Cable/deadpool 7 for this information.

FrothByte
well, if taken from the physics point of view, they SHOULD explode. but then this is a comic book world. either way, they should both be incapacitated for a while. whose mind takes control anyway when they fuse? i only need to stop sue for a little while. if they fight over mind control then it should keep them busy for a while.

Nataku8188
not fused as one, fused as in the parts that are together merge together... like if you press two pieces of play-dough together. Or more, like conjoined twins...

FrothByte
so what happens if nightcrawler teleports exactly into sue, say like fusing 95% of their body parts together?

FrothByte
it still gives me a bit of hope in taking down sue.

Nataku8188
its like overlaping two images, the smaller ones inside of the bigger ones wont be visible, but anywhere kurt's body doesn't fit inside of IW's body it will be sticking out. Gimme a minute and ill show you an image of DP/Cable

Nataku8188
here ya go;

Evangel94
The thread and voting will last about 10-12 hours. Short this time but we gotta keep moving

Nataku8188
Evangel, what is your team ?

Evangel94
It seems like you guys like to over-exaggerate Sue and are just making speculations. She only has normal human durablity. Black Panther made easy work of her.

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/5405/ff4.jpg

Sue can't be invisible and use her forcefield. Keep in mind every character has an overexaggerated high end feat. Sue withstanding galactus. Wolverine withstanding a nuke. Hulk smashing a planet.. It doesn't mean that character can always do that.

Nataku8188
Evangel, I'll ask ONE LAST TIME, please post your team.

FrothByte
so if sue's shield holding against galactus was a bit exaggerated like wolverine taking a nuke (which was ridiculus), then morg should be able to break out of IW's shield bubble in minimal time.

Nataku8188
Not minimal, but eventually. Morg isn't 1/10th of galactus's power.

SnakeEyes
my vote goes to norrin rad

Nataku8188
I said it once ill say it again, Norrin rad.

Wynndar
umm....Sue didnt just protect herself from Galactus once, she has done it about four times at least. She has also defended the attacks of plenty of his heralds. Almost successfully defended against Doom with the power of a watcher enhanced by his own technology...Occulus, Hyperstorm, Annihilus, Terminus...all capable of releasing more destructive power than a herald....turning invisible and using her field at the same time?...that was a limitation back in the day...presently she can do it, but it causes her great strain.

Evangel94
Votes is 3 to 0 in favor of Norrin Radd. Also, Wynndar if you could also vote, that would be appreciated.

Wynndar
um i vote for NR...is there an official method or do i jus say it?

FrothByte
if that's the case then sue is too powerful to be in meta... her powers elevate her beyond enhanced meta into herald level (since she can hold her own against heralds). i can't see how any other team in this tourny will be able to stand much of a chance against norrin's. she's even shielded against telepaths...

norrin radd
lolol, that comic is so old, the F4 powers have been improved, since when human torch could do a nova blast, and hulk in the beginning only had the force of ten men, look at him now.
you may not like it, but there are comics proving that sue at the present time, can held against galactus, breake a celestial armor, and can protect herself about anything, including telepathy.

norrin radd

Nataku8188
Sue's forcefield is pretty much there so she doesn't die, because if she uses it on someone else she's gotta be careful she doesn't get wailed on and die... and if she uses it on herself shes just not contributing anything to her team's side except... not dieing. Since she can't create bubbles inside of people, she's got little offensive capabilities at this point.

norrin radd
exactly, i choose sue because i needed a good defense, and that she can provide very well.

norrin radd

Evangel94
The link you gave is sue richards just after Onslaught was defeated. Anything else occuring afterwards cannot be taken into account.

Evangel94
Sue Richards is enhanced meta. Therefore she cannot go past the enhanced meta limit. Iron Man is the upper limit in enhanced meta. Can Normal enhanced metas block galactus and destroy celestials? No. Not in my tournament. She's e.meta and thats her limit.

Wynndar
Just because I changed the sig doesn't mean I stopped hating you wolverine8888
Ive got more sigs then Joan Collins, *****.
- Nataku 188
HAHAHAHA I didnt read that until just now

norrin radd

norrin radd

crazyspinz
im acualy going to vote for frothebyte. herse why

sue would be renderd usless because both cable and morg and do what she can do, and more.

morg would beat surfer, because he starts off giving his all, and surfer only beat morg after he killed nova (correct me if im wrong). so morg would be able to take out surfer before he had the chance to get real mad.

spawn would be a close fight for iron man, it could go either way, but cable could be fighting sue, and mentaly striking the whole other team at once, so that would give everyone an upperhand. GH hellfire would melt iceman. and the artic terrain. the street level one would be close, i dont know who would win there, but with both bats and cap would have awsome stratagies, but it would be to close

i say eventualy frothbyte via cable

norrin radd

crazyspinz
realy. when i said he would melt him i meant he coud melt his attackes. sunfire is something i forgot about, but i still stand by my vote, Gr also has those chains, mutch like spawn

norrin radd

norrin radd

Evangel94
No vote changes are allowed.

norrin radd
no one changed, i think.

crazyspinz
i know he is not as hot as torches flame, but he is still pretty frikin hot. i know he isnt invonerable to cold, but iceman being in antartica would change mutch for him, its not like he has control over all ice.

crazyspinz
ps who am i up against next round, is it krissy von doom, the winner of this or soem one else

Krissy Von Doom
Umm....I'd rather it wasn't my team, crazyspinz. rolling on floor laughing

Evangel94
No More votes accepted! Team Norrin Radd wins!

Vote count 3 to 1

No more posts or comments please!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.