Anybody else just sick of hearing about Halo 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Shmedi
Okay, before you start cursing and throwing things, hear me out. I'm a sophomore in high school, and all of the kids I sit with at lunch are all excited about Halo 2 (saying how it's going to be the best game ever and all that). Now don't get me wrong, I'm just as excited about it as any Halo fan should be. But to ignore all of the true masterpieces being released this fall/winter, how can you just go about saying that Halo 2 will be the best thing ever? After hearing my friends say that, I asked them, "Well what about Prince of Persia 2 (which PSM gave a 10/10), or Metal Gear Solid 3, or Half-Life 2?" They looked at me like I was insane and all simultaniously said "No." Talk about being one-sided. What about you guys? Are you sick of hearing about how Halo 2 will be so great, and games such as PP2: Warrioir Within, and Half-Life 2 going farely unnoticed to the general public?

BackFire
Don't underestimate Half Life 2, for PC gamers it is the biggest release in years, and may very well end up being more important then Halo 2's release.

Eöl Moriedhel
No, I'm not.
But I brag about KotOR 2. stick out tongue

Robo-Chocobo
nope...not really.

Robo-Chocobo
I mean sure all those games are awsome, but Halo just has a universal appeal. it has something for everyone. Half life 2 will probably be just as good, if not better in alot of respects, but my comp nearly exploded the last time I even talked about how cool the graphics were...so I am outta luck there. Metal gear solid 3, in all respects, is an awsome game from a respected developer, but stealth action doesnt always rock the trigger happy ppl. and POP:2 looks awsome, and the original rocked, not many people really picked it up, (if you would look at it's sales chart. now POPmessedOT onl $20 BUY NOW) so their isnt as much interest. halo is THE flagship X-box title, so of course people are gonna be pumped about it.

Phoenix Aska
there are many good games coming out...Halo 2 is just the closest...

And all the above games mentioned are for the Xbox....

Go Xbox!!!!

cal31
No, Halo 2 is getting just as much hype as it should, no other console game has come even close to matching it before. And in no way is Half Life 2 getting overlooked, it will be most likely be the best selling FPS for PC, and on Prince of Persia 2, the first one, although it was a good game, was not that popular and didn't sell that well actually, so I'm not surprised that it isn't getting as much hype.

Phoenix Aska
how about KOTOR 2?

That's getting alot of hype!!!

Robo-Chocobo
hm...whats KOTOR2?...

*joking

HK-47 wishes he were named AK-47, because he would mow you down.

pitiful human meat bags.

Fallin Angel
i'm actually getting sick of the first halo , my friend plays it constently and downloads all kinds of halo crap onto my computer, if he starts doing that for halo 2 , then i'm going to get sick of that as well

ZomBiE_HunTER
It all depends if Halo 2 is a good game or not.If the game cums out and everybody loves it and get good ratings then it is worth all that hype.But if its an ok game then it wasnt worth all that hype.

General Kaliero
I just know I'm gonna get my head bitten off for this... -.-;;

I am sick of hearing about Halo 2. I was sick of hearing about the first Halo. I admit I have not played the original except for a tiny bit at a friends. Now, that tiny bit intrigued me, but I was not all begging to play the rest of the game. I find the story interesting, but the gameplay just didn't have that kind of "pull" that makes you want to "JUST get to the next area."

What I wanna know is, what about PoP 2? The first was a great game, the whole thing pulled, except for the repetitive battles. Well, now that's fixed! What can go wrong in Warrior Within?

What about Metroid Prime 2: Echoes? The first Prime was arguably the best game on the GCN at the time, and still is an awesome game. I know everyone tries to say that Halo is better than Prime, but they are entirely different styles of games. Prime, with a more integrated story, pulled.

What about the new Paper Mario? What about the next KotOR? What about the awesome new E3 2004 Zelda demo? That ROCKS! How come no one talks about that?!

So, all I'm saying is, there are great games outside of Halo. Just put down those clunky, XBox controllers and you may be surprised.

cal31
You can say what you want about Halo, but I hate it when people talk about the controllers being huge. It's called a S controller and they are about the same size as a PS2 or gamecube controller, it just proves no point when they complain the controllers are too big when the original big controllers aren't even sold with the console anymore.

dark1365
dude the singular reason why me and my friend is buying an Xbox is 'cause of Halo 2. Same with Xbox live.Screw you.

Linkalicious
I'm more excited about Half Life 2 than Halo 2 and I loved Halo more than the original Half Life.

I'm more about graphics and dynamics now than I ever was before. After Doom 3 I'm all about quality graphics. I just like seeing everyone's attempts at realism.

Revan X
Graphics don't really mean any thing to only the story line and how many levels when i first herd of Halo i was very intrigued till i saw a Demo but i like to see how much effort they put in the game to make the graphics perfect for the player.

Walfredo
The problem is that Halo is kinda stale. Everyone wants to talk about it but theres nothing new to say... just wanna play the thing already.

PoP2 has its demo out and it wasn't that good. It had a lot of cool things like the fighting but the music and the graphics were a bit in need of help. I expect the final product to be better, we'll see.

HL2 is defintley going to be fantastic, no doubt.

MGS3 is not going to get the hype equal to the fan base because of video game release saturation. I have been trying to tlak baout this and no one is into it that much.

I am also curious about the MMO games coming out...WoW, Ever Quest II, Matrix. These could be the awesome.

SaTsuJiN
Yep.. sick of hearing about halo 2.. I'd rather just play it instead of listening to n00bs yack about how cool its gonna be, like they're 12 years old.

WindDancer
I can relate to what you're saying. I personally sick of Mario and Final Fantasy being overpraise. For nearly a decade both franchises have been susceful thanks to help of their fans. What can I say? I'm sick of them!

General Kaliero
Erm... Actually, I've not heard anyone talk of Mario since Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. And as for Final Fantasy, well, they are great games, and people do talk about them. But all the talk I ever hear (or read) is about the girls in FF X-2. -_-;;

Cipher
Nope, not at all. I'm was sick of all the delays but it should be a fantastic game.

Robo-Chocobo
lol ditto.

some kids at my school in digital imaging were playing a video of images from the french leak, and all these cut scenes. nothing really coherent, but anyway, I looked at it for 5 seconds, then walked away. no chance in hell I'm ruining it for myself.

unknownrocker
yesyesyes im goin insane bitchez

Wolf Dog
HL2 is gonna rape us all so shutup.

Jedi Shmedi
Keep in mind I didn't post this thread to show how much I hate the Halo franchise, because I don't. I love it as much as any true fan would, but there is such a thing as TOO MUCH in the gaming world. Yes I'm sure it will be a great game and (quote) "Rape us all" but I'm starting to hear TO MUCH about it. Okay, we all know it's going to kick ass and will sell millions of copies, but now that Halo 2 has been hyped more than man first landing on the moon, I just think it's time to start putting other games in the lime-lite.

Robo-Chocobo
...nope

as far as I'm concerned it's telling all those PC fanboys to shove it....if only for the moment.

unknownrocker
wolf dont get ur panties all in ur a$$krack
its good but hearin bout it is annoying

RaventheOnly
eek! OMG that was so cool eek! Your my hero!!!!!! eek! laughing out loud i'm sick of Mario................................................................ and especially FF.

Robo-Chocobo
but....how can ANYONE hate mario...he's so ...well...HE'S MARIO!!

Phoenix Aska
Mario needs to die or get stuck in a pipe and never be heard from again...

The master chief owns Mario....

forumcrew
its funny that someone who is sick of hearing about H2 would start a discussion about it... makes tons of sense

Daedalus
This man speaks the truth. smokin'

dark1365
Master Chief would own Mario, yes, but Mario's so hilarious that I don't even want him to die.

Phoenix Aska
The master chief is the spartan of all spartans...

Just wait until halo 2 is released...there should be even more talk of how goo or bad it is....

forumcrew
Halo 2 has close to 2 million copies sold already and its not out, i dont think half life 2 will get near that

Jedi Shmedi
I really should have made this a pole >_<, you people are just getting the wrong idea. Well, SOME of you anyway. lol

Phoenix Aska
Guess what???

only 2 weeks now till halo 2 comes out!!

Hahaha

Halo 2 is one of the best 1st person shooters ever...can you name any other good first peerson shooting games that can compare?

Darth Revan187
Halo 2 is the most funky fresh game
it is sure to please to groovy souls of those who follow its story
come on everyone lets boogie on down to the store and buy halo 2 when it comes out

Robo-Chocobo
half life 2, doom 3, unreal 2.
battlefield 194? quake 3

golden eye/perfect dark

Halo 2's STORY in my opinion is unmatched in the gaming industry in general. It's an original concept for a game, and not only was the concept great, but the quality in which the storyline and the general gameplay revolved around the concept is what made it great. Not great graphics (at least the original), probably not the best gameplay for a first person shooter...but the STORY is unmatched, THAT is the essence of Halo, that's what makes it such an amazing game. It's an epic, and a great one. It basically something that should be a movie concept turned into a game. There is no game that i can think of that evokes such a feeling of wonderment other than Halo...So i think Halo 2 should keep being hyped up, and i think it will be the best game of the year (at least for me it will be...

but i also love many other titles coming out, and keep my mind open to other games.. Half Life 2 looks amazing, the best A.I. i've ever seen. Prince Of Persia 2 will be even better than the first(and the first one was one of the best games i've ever played). Quake 4 will come out probabaly 2005 or 2006 and that will be awesome. And no one should forget about Gran Turismo 4 (long overdue and a game i'm jsut as much excited for as Halo 2)... that's my 2 cents..later

dark1365
I know. I've heard people in magazines and etc. that say, "Suprisingly, one of the main elements to Halo 2 i'm looking forward to is the plot."
I'm one of them. Probably 'cause I've read the novels.

cal31
Just watching the new TV spot for Halo 2 just makes it seem like a movie even more to me. Just the way they present it and the story make it seem unlike any game before. Here's the link :http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_halo2_tv.html

SaTsuJiN
I have to agree.. I really like the cinematic presentation.. Im just hoping the gameplay has improved.. or feels drastically different enough to call this a sequel... Mainly the physics I'd like to see that they've changed

cal31
In terms of vehicle physics the game has improved a lot. Vehicles now show how much damage they've taken and how they ride depends on how damaged they are. So say if the panel on the front left wheel on a warthog is completely off and taken quite a bit of damage, the warthog is gonna pull to the left when driven.

Phoenix Aska
Yes...the warthog can now be damaged ladies and gentleman!!!

Robo-Chocobo
yes indeed, I was awed even by the e3 2003 opening cutscene to the halo 2 demo movie.

I'm sure the grenades will bounce better. I'm wondering about the destructive enviroments, thats what I really want to know about.

cal31
well on some of the gameplay footage they show you can blow up cars and bridges and some parts of buildings.

dark1365
lol...you guys notice that this is turning into another Halo 2 fan forum?

Phoenix Aska
And and and...I think everyone has talked about the cool things about halo 2 already.....

Anyways.....does anybody know if the master chief can knock any guy off the ghosts or is it just in that cutscene?

Havoc470
yeah, you could do it in game, at least thats what i read in an interview not too long ago

Phoenix Aska
oOo shit...

That's gonna be tight then....especially on multiplayer mode...

dark1365
You can board any vehicle, I heard. I saw the choreographical flashby pictures of boarding a Ghost (like in the gameplay movie) from in front, from behind, in a Warthog, tank, whatever. GameInformer magazine has already reserved the term "airjacking" if you can actually board Banshees. All they have to do is move slowly, you get anywhere close to it, and BAM! You're on board.

Jedi Shmedi
Is anybody here just sick of hearing about Halo 2? *cough*cough*

dark1365
No...it's turned into another FanForum.

Phoenix Aska
hahaha....if you're sick of hearing about Halo 2....keep it to yourself because I think there are too many people who like it....

Sorry but you're just outnumbered like 100000000 to 1

dark1365
Hell yah, Phoenix! Now there's two fan forums where i can post.

Phoenix Aska
I would like to be a golden color with a kick ass logo so my guy in halo will stick out and people can't complain about not seeing me....

Maybe I'll make my own clan...

DanZeke25
I'd take San Andreas over all of them... but that's just me

cal31
I think San Andreas is probably the best game out there for being able to do pretty much anything you want and just screwing around on it, but in terms of a actual story driven game, Halo 2 takes it all for me.

Robo-Chocobo
OMG!! HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW COMMERCIAL!!

IT..IS...SO...COOL!!

Jedi Shmedi
This was a horrible idea.

Official X-Box magazine gave it a 9.7 out of 10. The reason being was that the ending to the game blew chunks. So all of you who are pissed at me for posting this thread in the first place can shut up now.

As for those of you who supported me threw this mistake of a thread, I thank you.

Case closed people. Move on.

cal31
which one? the one I just posted a link to above?

cal31
close the thread then.

cal31
double post.

dark1365
Hell, just keep it on. Tis' just another fan-thread now.

Robo-Chocobo
what game are we talking about here? the original halo?

LESS THAN 2 WEEKS eek!

dark1365
You mean that one where it's like...
"We're not ready...
He is."
(master chief reloads battle rifle with a "cha-chick"wink
(trademark Halo menu music, except with a "passion"wink
(scene of the Chief crouching with SMG's, with Phantoms flying overhead. In other words, the cover of Halo 2, animated.)
(09:11:2004)

Phoenix Aska
Less than two weeks guys!!!

Party at my house!!

Jedi Shmedi
Oh, what the hell, it'll kick ass. Party on people! Party on!

Robo-Chocobo
no, this new one where it shows earth

and a female voice says
*earth appears in screen*
"we thought they would never find us...
*covenant ship drifts on screen*
we were wrong

(scenes with explosions and shit)

(cool spider tanks, warthogs,and guns)

*new scene with covenant prophet)

Prophet: "No one has ever withstood our might"
"There are those who said this day would never come...What are they to say now?"

*new scene*
MasterChief: I need a weapon

JKozzy
Actually, I was. There was no information about it out, but now with the recent commercials I've seen, it looks cool. But I reinforce my previous thoughts that it's just another FPS with a possibly-cool storyline.

ChickinMeat
jesus christ, is that one of the most close minded things ive ever read!

Half Life 1+2
Doom 3 and the Doom series
The Legendary Quake series
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadow of Chernobyl (sp?)
Tribes series
Unreal series
Dark forces
Deus Ex

to name just a few. halo is a very good game dont get me wrong, but no way in hell can you say its the best ever and that none others compare, because many are just as good and in the cases of some better, ie Deus Ex

dark1365
Screw you, man. Half-Life 2, and Doom 3 are good too, but the new sh** is HALO 2, ALL THE WAY!

dark1365
AWWWWWEEEESOOOOOOMMMMEE..........(fantasizes)
You know, Robo, you should meet my best friend. He's White Wolfy on this Forum. He'll say "HELL YAH!!"

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. my friend is all into jesus recently.. (yes.. jesus)..
and well he acts like he should spend more time worshipping instead of gaming.. and
he was ALL about halo 2 until just a month ago and then decided
that he wasnt gonna game anymore.. so
then I figure... if he's not getting it I probably wont... then all the sudden yesterday he goes.. "You're getting halo 2 right?"..
ugh... the power of christ almost compelled me to
give him a baby powdered pimp slap...

as for being sick of hearing about H2... Ive grown to
live with it.. Im sure its going to be a blast to play, as I
havent had as much fun with an FPS on a console since
goldeneye.. halo1 was really great and I hope 2 shatters
expectations (in a good way)

Phoenix Aska
When I saw the grudge they had a Halo 2 preview before it showed the movies....

that is one of the only video games I've seen advertised in the movie theaters....

Arachnoidfreak
AAAHHHH ONE MORE WEEK

dark1365
Heh....
The stupidest thing I saw today was a T-Shirt that says "Jesus is my HOMEBOY!"
Very, very, stupid. So cheer up, Satsujin.

Robo-Chocobo
EVERY ONE EVERYONE LOOK UNTO ME AND MY SIGNATURE. I will change it every day and add a new halo 2 image.

SaTsuJiN
Actually Warcraft III had an advertisement in the movie theatres last summer smile

ChickinMeat
oh god, fan boy alert

just shoot me now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.