Euphoria without drugs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HarmonicFlo88
I'm 18 years old and i get very depressed but also get very happy. this has been going on for years and i've become used to it...I tried to remember wut i'm thinking once i'm in an euphoric state and think of that kind of stuff while depressed - it all seems pointless. my whole life seems pointless and i get very irritable.

Does anyone kno of ways to achieve euphoria while in a state of depression? i'm tired of this "up and down".

Without any drugs, of course.

lil bitchiness
Ok, first this isnt a philosophy discussion, so moving to GDF.

Second of all, what you're feeling are hormones, doing their thing, most probably.

BackFire
All you can do is eat a good diet and get a proper amount of rest, oh and exercise releases chemicals in your body that makes you feel good.

Omegaman
yeah try running! Really it does give you a "high"! Also try getting involved in a service type organization! I get a high from helping others, like visiting a children's hospital ward with ballons and toys or visting a old folks home and reading to them. Putting a smile on someones face is always a good way to feel good about yourself!

silver_tears
endorphins are the chemicals big grin

Mane
you could have sex. no expression that always feels good.

Darth Revan
That's odd. Maybe you're bipolar (they used to call it "manic depressive" until that term was swapped for the more politically correct one).

Kosta
Mannic depressant (sp). You should see a doctor about that, its a pretty common dissorder, and as far as i know its pretty easy to treat.

Capt_Fantastic
What's wrong with drugs? Drugs...as in prescriptions? I agree with whom ever it was that said you should jus try to get laid! Drugs...non-over the counter-will kill you in the long run. But sex...thats always safe.

Or just smoke some pot....that always makes me happy

Turbo-Cajun
They will most likely try give you drugs though if they think its bipolar... not that I am against drug use, it just when a shrink tells you to it seems weird.

I say do the running exercise thing... or do like a martial art, or weight lifting, or boxing or something aggressive. It gets you confident as hell and you feel ripped.

Also how about meditation or something? gaining some mental clarity and establishing focus never hurt anyone... I used to do that to mellow me out a little bit, i think it helped quite a bit. I used to have some of that same shit going on in my life... still sometimes do, but you need to find something that speaks to you. When you find it you will know it... i havent found it yet either, still trying to figure out why I'm still here. Right now, I just find peace in the small things in life... experiencing life and the small things that make life beautiful. I dunno you got to find something to help you cope... life does suck, but you have to find your place in it before it starts getting fun.

Pot doesnt solve the problems... it makes you forget them. It doesnt make you happy either. Im a ****ing reefer head. I smoke it all the time, I know. Its a good time but its not the answer you are looking for. If you are in a depressive funk, getting retarded only ****s your head up even more...

Capt_Fantastic
LOL...I think this is called "reading between the lines".

Turbo is right. Pot will not solve your problems, but I still like it. Even my boyfriend say's I am happier when I smoke pot. And 9 out of 10 **** agree with him.

botankus
Go to the doctor for any BS reason. Usually they'll hook you up with some good legal prescriptions.

Turbo-Cajun
**** perscription drugs.... exercise yourself, its way better for you...

If your going to medicate yourself I would say smoke pot, dont take perscriptions. Prescripitions end up changing you too much. This is coming from someone who has done a number of different drugs... I would never take something a shrink ordered for me.

There are tons of stories out there on people who use exercise to help fight depression and gain confidence... I myself and going to start on an exercise program, soon... seriously though, look it up. It supposedly works for a bunch people.

ash007
go to the gym i always feel better afterwords smile

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

Well, what my mom says (she's a counselor) is that bipolar disorder/manic depression is being over-diagnosed these days, meaning that a lot of people will tell you you have it when you really don't. But if you do have it, she says medication is the only real way to help it... You can try just dealing with it, but it's not like chronic depression where counseling will help. Maybe now I'm going overboard. I actually doubt you have bipolar... Probably just "normal" depression with the occasional.. err... not.. depressed.. time...

Walfredo
I always find that music helps. It lets you go somewhere by yourself, and you pick the mood. Or you can just sit back and realize, hey, you're here, its what you got, might as well have fun...

silver_tears
I'm sorry but being depressed is the new hip thing these days roll eyes (sarcastic)

Everywhere you go you hear people complain about being depressed, most of the time they are just to lazy or incompetent to deal with their problems roll eyes (sarcastic)
People who truly are depresssed have a hormonal imbalance and drugs can clear that right up, if you think you don't need those drugs to feel better, then you're not really depressed and should just get off the band wagon!

Mane
Oxygen. breathe in pure oxygen and youll get high, with no side effects (that is only if you breathe in a little and not too much).

i learned that when i saw Fight Club big grin

Linkalicious
Euphoria without drugs? What the f**k?

No thanks....I'll pass...

HarmonicFlo88
It's nice to see you people give a ****. thanks.

About tha pot thing, i understand its only a temporary way to deal...and thas not enough for me to start smokin it. plus its a bite outa your wallet, too.

I doubt i'm bi-polar, at my depressed state i just can't stand people that ask me stupid questions...i flip out on my mom a lot lol. I get more mad at shit that i would normally ignore.

When i'm happy, life just feels right - everything feels like its where it should be and i feel indestructable. even some bad shit happening to me doesn't phase me, i just see an optimistic side of it. but then again when i'm depressed...I begin to ponder about tha point of life, how its so damn repititious, contradictory, unfair and especially when i plan something out and it fails...disappointment.

I haven't gotten good sleep in awhile, maybe that's it. and yea i definitelty need some booty....jessica alba :drool:..haha.

I think tha main thing i need is a reason to look forward to tommorow. something motivating, or someone sweet and loving. a reason to wake up and feel good about myself. maybe i need to accomplish a special task. some forward motion to forget this serious depressing shit.

I need a ****in car, too. that'd be tha shit!

Turbo-Cajun
Yeah, having to get from A to B via bicycle would be lame... almost enough for me to hate life too.

HarmonicFlo88
I lost tha keys to my bike...its chained up to my porch now. LOL.

Hmm maybe i need to be silly like some kids in my school. they act retarded...and have a good time with it.

Turbo-Cajun
sounds like a good plan...

\
not even a bicycle, lol....

Darth Revan
Heh, pointless misbehavior at school always cheers me up big grin

WITCH
nooooo......euphoria without drugs doesn't exist duh.

N btw...that girl does have bipolar disorder, altough she mentions 'ups and downs'...she's obviously depressed all the time. Bipolar takes place when you have extreme highs and lows and also hallucinations.
let's not romanticize mental illnesses and term everyone as having them...coz the real thing is close to hell.
she's obviously going thru that normal teenage rigmarole....sweetheart, for you...great angst-ridden music and good sex will really really help.
OH...if u can manage..then a hot looking bf. .life will suddenly look rosy..hehe

HarmonicFlo88
"DUDE", I'M A ****ING GUY LOL

Mane
thats the worst advice ive ever seen.

HarmonicFlo88
It was a pretty slutty one, in my opinion.

bleever
Ouija Breathing. Look it up. When practiced regularly it can put you into a euphoric state within less than fifteen minutes.

rudester
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
I'm 18 years old and i get very depressed but also get very happy. this has been going on for years and i've become used to it...I tried to remember wut i'm thinking once i'm in an euphoric state and think of that kind of stuff while depressed - it all seems pointless. my whole life seems pointless and i get very irritable.

Does anyone kno of ways to achieve euphoria while in a state of depression? i'm tired of this "up and down".

Without any drugs, of course.

when I was 18, I would volunteer alot. I worked everywhere and I met so many people and had different experiences without having to go party all night long or get high, but if you like that then go for it.

The summer time is the best time to sign up for projects in your city.. its normally before hand.. and you can do so much from arts to conferences for youth... to learning new skills...

I use to do airbrush when I was younger.. spray paint and make T-shirts..lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.