Best Stephen King Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
Is there anymore of these threads?.. oh well. I didnt see most of them... so just bare with me. I would go with Dream Catcher and The Green Mile.

leatherface12
I liked the children of the corn series.

eggmayo
Where is IT?
Where is The Shining?
You have ignored the two best ones.
Rather silly that.

botankus

Evil Dead
This poll it utterly ridiculous.............

The Shining
Carrie
Stand By Me
Misery
It

none were listed on the poll..........but Sleepwalkers, Dream Catcher, and the Dead Zone were.........what the hell?

Shmoo
Isn't Kingdom Hospital the new tv series by Stephen King??

roundisfunny
Definitely "Misery" and "Stand by Me". Rob Reiner really had a couple of winners there.

The worst? Hard to say...there have been plenty of let-downs. One mini-series I thought was okay was "The Stand", though that adaptation and "It" were depressingly far-removed from the books, mostly as a result of being tamed for TV.

Baylin
The green mile is one of my all time fav films though I dont really consider it to be horror.

I love Carrie but I think Christine is an excellent film.

I also loved The Stand and Tommy Knockers and It is certainly a good one.

Conclusion - Too many to name!

LeAtHerRFace
Calm down peepos. I aint perfect, and like I said I didnt really watch alot of SK movies. Sheesh.

Baylin
Calm down? CALM DOWN? I'm calm....

ARGH!

No I am calm! cool

LeAtHerRFace
lol.

andyF1
calm down, calm down (liverpool accent)

Ive gone for dead zone it was great film with a great actor C Walken

Green mile was a good movie, as is shawshank both with fine actors

a lot of stephen king movies where from short stories (graveyard shift) and are utter shite smile

Baylin
Dead Zone! I had forgotten about that one. Yes that is a good one!

Nice One (Mancunian accent....)

I also liked that cats eyes one with the little impy thing trying to kill the little girl and that cat that sends it splatting into the AC unit.

andyF1
Cats eyes, i liked the stop smoking story (electric shock)

Mad for it

Mr Parker
I voted other because you did not list THE SHINING.

Primitive Screwhead #1
You actually put Dreamcatcher on this list? What an abortion of a movie that was! It left probably 1/3 of the core material from the book out, and the ending is one of the worst in a Stephen King adaptation thus far.

You really can't count the Creepshow movies as a whole.. only portions were done by King.

botankus: You left Pet Sematary on your list. Not that this is bad, since it's just one more disappointment.
My vote goes to Green Mile. In my opinion, the movies that focus less on all-out horror end up much better than King's more graphic works. Not sure why that is... maybe because it takes everything away from what made the books so good by creating the images on one's own.

botankus
Oops, I left that off but still had Hearts in Atlantis. How embarrassing!

LeAtHerRFace
Green Mile had great acting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.