Assembling a Pool Table is Difficult.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai Guy
My father bought a pool table for my brother and myself. That was about a month or so ago. We had gotten the legs and the base set up, but that was as far as we had gotten. Yesterday I came home from work and him and his girlfriend were in the attic working on it.

Sweet sassy molassy it is had to put a pool table together!

Each pool table is composed of several parts.

1) Legs
2) Base
3) Slates
4) Felt
5) Bumpers

Each slate (there is three in our case) weighs about 150 lbs. and needs to be levelled out. Since there are three parts, we had to use polyfill compound, which is like a cement, in order to keep it flush.

After that, we needed to staple the felt and make sure it was a tight as we could get it. This was a lengthy process....

Then, we fastened the bumpers and screwed the pockets into the base.

After about 7 hours (with breaks for Smallville and trips to stores for supplies) it was ready, and I beat him at a game of 9 ball.

And thats the way the cookie cumbled.

Linkalicious
Good god i would never try and put one of those together. I was looking into re-felting my table with Laker colors, and gave up before I ever started.

congratulations...

Samurai Guy
Felting is lengthy, but not hard.

trouble
have fun thats all im saying laughing out loud

Samurai Guy
Oh, it was a blast. The profainities that were flying back in forth between my brother and I... you would have guessed we were on a aircraft carrier. sailor

Chelsea23
well i bet that would have been a show to see stick out tongue

Samurai Guy
Well, we kept Melissa (his girlfriend) and Tabatha (our kitten) entertained.

Chelsea23
It would have done the same with me laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.