Captain America vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrin radd

tkitna
Captain America is the better fighter, but its a tough call. I think it would be a rather long battle and caps shield sort of negates Wolverines claws. They're about the same strength. Healing factor and super soldier serum. If it was a fight to the death, per se, i'm picking Cap if for no other reason, I like him better. I'd gather that it would be possible for Cap to render logan unconscious long enough for him to hold his shield against Logans throat in order to suffocate him. Who knows? It could go either way.

Captain America
this would be a great fight, while they are both good fighters I think that cap being the smarter one would preveil.

LeAtHerRFace
Wolverine would just kick the crap out of him. Plain and simple. Period.

beavis46
they've fought.captain america realised that with the berserker rage,he could only really hold him back.they fought again with the ultimates against the xmen but all that happened was the caaptain sprayed him with bullets.id say a draw-wolvies tougher but captain america is smarter

Viper
Close fight, but I say Wolverine

JuggernautFan
i say good ol cap. not only is his shield unbreakable just like his claws. but it is a superior alloy. it is both adamantium and vibranium. it has impact absorbing abilities amongst being unbreakable. plus cap is faster, smarter, and is the better fighter. he can outmanuever, outfight, and outtag wolverine. the only thing that wolverine has going for him is his stamina, and ferocity. but i dunno if that would even the playing field in his favor. i guess the setting would play a role in the fight. in a wooded area i guess wolverine would be more at home, where in a city/urban setting cap might be favored. but this is amongst the more realistic fights for wolverine.

LeAtHerRFace
Heres a pic where Cap is losing.. evil face

LeAtHerRFace
Oh wait... Here..

JuggernautFan
doesn't really show cap losing. i think that would be a mistake on your part. looks like wolverine is just jumping in the air, and slashing the shield. i wouldn't call that losing.

LeAtHerRFace
He would just need to claw Caps face with his upcomming right hand.

JuggernautFan
well by your reckoning, all cap would have to do is hit wolvie with his left hand (which is already drawn back) and knock wolverine out. he he, it's easy to manipulate a picture one way or the other.

Irish Wolverine
Wolverine has taken punches from the Hulk and not been knocked out, at least not right away, so I doubt 1 punch from Captain America could knock him out. Wolverine would only really need to tag him once or twice with his claws, that would slow down Cap, if not kill him. Cap is an exceptional hand to hand fighter, but Wolverine would be too ferocious for him I think. Wolverine takes this one.

JuggernautFan
he has to get past his shield to tag him first of all. cap is faster, more skilled, plus has the control over his emotions. who say's losing control is a good thing............ cap would stay focused and keen, while wolverine would go into blind rage. i'd say focused and keen would win most every time. especially since it's the more skilled fighter.

LeAtHerRFace
Wolv wins

JuggernautFan
just because you say so?? what makes you think this. give reasons, something to support your theory. much more interesting that way.

Wynndar
Wolverine would make it a good fight, he would make it interesting, even appear to be winning...however, anyone who thinks captain america will ever lose to a drooling berserker rage mutant is lying to themselves...Cap is the far superior fighter...wolverine could theorhetically heal or out endure Cap...but it would never happen...berserk is the perfect way to describe him...he lacks the finess and technique of Cap...Cap will always be more experienced and skilled...and Stan Lee would never let him lose to wolvie...it has been demonstrated several times that the fighter with experience and skill will beat wolverine (Elektra, Black Panther, Lady deathstrike....and that blonde guy who kicked his ass in the wolverine comic not tooo long ago)

eleveninches
I go for wolverine, simply because he has had over 100 more years of fighting experience than cap has.

norrin radd

Irish Wolverine
Wolverine doesn't always go beserk, but when he does, he tends to win. I think the blond guy you're talking about is a mind reader. Wolverine went beserk and beat him.

Wynndar
the blonde guy kicked his ass in their first fight...it wasnt close either...the second time his big body guard ended it...he was a mind reader? u sure?

Irish Wolverine
Yeah, that's how he was able to beat him. He read his mind, so he knew what he was going to do. The second time they fought, he went beserk and was beating him before the bodyguard ended it and they escaped. Then a bunch of issues later they met in a fighting tournament where Wolverine realized that he was a mindreader, so he purpusly went beserk and was beating him when the bodyguard once again saved him.

Irish Wolverine
His name was Mr X or something I think

JuggernautFan
just because he saved his life means nothing. people have had to save wolverines life several times in the past. it's just circumstancial. so wolverine isn't simply better. like i already stated, cap is more tactical, smarter, know's all about wolverine, he's the better fighter, more disciplined, more focused, more agile, everything points to cap as the winner. unless the fight is drawn out. way out. because wolverines healing factor would afford him more stamina, and durability over long periods of time. setting i'm sure would also play a role. without being described in great detail i'm sure none of us could say who would win for sure or not. but i stick with my opinion that cap would win.

norrin radd
i agree with you, and i stick with my opinion that logan would win.

BarmyBrummie
It would be a tough fight but wolverine could take him out. He was trained to do shit like that.

Anyway, can't everyone just get along? laughing out loud

eleveninches
plus, wolvie has been fighting for 100 years more than cap

BarmyBrummie
well, not 100 years really. Wolverine has over 100 years of fighting experience to this date (i think its 120-130 years). Cap America was around in the War so it would be somethinglike 80 years of experience big grin

norrin radd

BarmyBrummie
good point, i forgot about that wink

eleveninches
/\Thats what I was thinking.

JuggernautFan
but for all wolverines training, caps still better...........

norrin radd
to you, not to me, and logan was a samurai, ehehe i love the samurai fighting style.

JuggernautFan
well cap is is still tactically better. he is faster, he is atleast as strong, he is still more skilled. so it's not just me, it's marvel comics also. they will tell you that captain america IS the better fighter. so besides wolverines healing affording him more stamina, and some durability, i can't see anything else that helps him. although if he did get a lucky shot in on caps, it could put him down. for good.

kal-el
In ultimate war(the ultimates V X-men) they came across eachother and Cap says:'James Howlett, you look as young as I do'. Wolvie:'who?what are you talking about?stop messing with my mind man'.Cap had earlier said to his team mates Iron man, Thor and the rest that he'd worked with Wolvie in WW2 and that no matter how many times 'Jim' got shot at, he was always ok and that 'we all used to call him 'lucky Jim', we never knew he was a mutant with an enhanced healing factor!'. so back to their fight: cap whips out an automatic rifle and says 'that healing factor of yours still work?'', then shoots the shit out of him! Very funny scene.So cap won that coz it would have kept Wolvie out of action for an hour or so I would guess

Never
LoL, I personally do not see Wolverine laying a hand on Captain America with that shield...

kal-el
EXACTLY!stalemate is a probability

JuggernautFan
i agree with a stalemate, both have abilities that the other doesn't possess. it's hard to argue one way or the other. nothing is sound, nothing is definate. too inconclusive to say.

norrin radd
yes true about that, but you said that marvel says that cap is a better fighter, well actually if you go to marvel official site they have put wolverine with 6.5 fighting skills and cap has only 5.9.

wolverine8888
wolverine is the better fight he also is enchanced human wich I must add is a whole lot stronger in every thing bye a big amount. also I must add healing factor survived a nuke.

wolverine8888
also might I add wolverine fought spider man and spiderman thought he might be faster then him

WWestFlashFan
cap would win b/c he smart and skilled

WWestFlashFan
eek!

u make everything up

DarkCrawler
Uh Wolverine is not faster than Spiderman. NEVER.
Oh, and Cap would win.

eleveninches
I hate spiders. THey are so sick and ugly and disgusting. So i have to go for logan. Kill that ugly spider

Maelstrom
I think Cap will kick his ass. I ll take the perfect man over some beast any day. raver goof

radioboy121
I could have sworn this battle was done before on this forum, but...

Captain America could probably take Wolverine, but I don't think it would be an easy fight. If Wolverine behaved strategically on a regular basis as he did with Hulk during his first encounter posing as Patch, then I'd give this to him, but Wolverine more often than not acts irrationally.

I remember one encounter when Wolverine and Captain America fought each other and Captain America was giving Wolverine a thrashing, but couldn't stop him. The fight ended when Wolverine gave him a head butt and another character gave him a knock out injection. But in that comic, Wolverine was put in a spell and wasn't himself.

who?-kid
They are very equal. Maybe Cap America is the better fighter (not so sure though) but Wolverine can certainly take much more than Cap can give him.

I can see Captain America win this fight, but I can also see Wolverine slicing up Captain America. Like most fights, it depends on the writer - again.

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, 'tis very close. But I'm going to go with Cap because of his no jobber aura and I want to see wolverine888888 argue the "24 tons" thing again.

Maelstrom
So this may be the Ultimate thread...cause, if Captain America can beat Wolverine then it's fair to say that HE can beat anyone else. Now the same rule doesn't apply to anyone who can beat Wolverine but I think Cap's the one. And what I really love about the Captain that is nearly never mentioned is the Impression of Calm he give when he is really quite the conversationalist. He could stand down any of the greats like Spidy or Deadpool and Iceman too. raver
They ought to make ethnic smilies!

deathclock
www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=291239&perpage=20

norrin radd
wolverine

JuggernautFan
captain america

MERCILOUS
The fighting ability on both fighters are equal, and ironically enough both are projects of the same supersoldier project (as revealed by Grant Morrison's X-men.) I think this fight is much closer than ya'll are saying and quite personally i don't know who to give it to at this time.

JuggernautFan
actually captain america is considered the best hand to hand combatant on the planet. so i'd say he has if nothing else....... a small lead over wolverine in fighting ability. i think it would be a very close fight, but i'm still leaning towards cap.

MERCILOUS
Have you considered that both the training and experience is simular. Both men have seen wars and are much older than they appear (cap due to his freezing though.) And everyone keeps saying that Wolvie's just some crazy berserker but this isn't true. His samurai training was specifically meant to help him control his rage and use it perfectly to his advantage. Yes cap is considered the absolute best at fighting but Wolvie is right on up there too. Any differences in my opinion would be too minute to matter (is that how you spell *mynoot*?.)

JuggernautFan
just because 30 people know karate doesnt mean they will stale-mate each other in a sparring match either. this is totally irrelavant. it still doesnt change the fact that cap is the best hand to hand combatant on the planet........

mynoot...... lol...... thats a good one. but i do think that fighting ability would be the factor considering almost everything else is equal between the 2. i think cap would outfight wolverine.

MERCILOUS
I think that would be the least determining factor. People can have the same training but few can be as promising as Wolvie. I seriously think you are underestimating Wolvie's fighting ability.

I think instead one should weigh, Cap's resourcefulness vs. Wolvie's controlled rage. After all, Cap has found himself somewhat cowering behind his sheild when the going gets tough (i hate to say cowering when talking about Cap but i couldn't think of another word.)

JuggernautFan
yes he does hide behind that shield quite a bit, but who wouldnt with wolverine or somebody else raging on the otherside smile

JuggernautFan
but that doesnt mean caps afraid......... and i'm not underestimating wolverines fighting abilities. i think you are overestimating. its just a matter of opinion is all.

cap to me is the better fighter, he has proven so against alot of people.

MERCILOUS
Like i said i didn't want to use the word "cowering" but Wolverine has had some of the best training and lifetimes of expierence. I think you should reevaluate his fighting ability. It is on par with Cap's.

eleveninches
Wolverine should actually be the better fighter, because he has hundreds of years of experience, whereas captain america only has a couple of decades of experience (he was frozen??? for most of his life).

JuggernautFan
but not as good....... caps is just better. the only other thing that i think might make me lean towards wolverine is his healing factor. it will keep him in the race alot longer.

JuggernautFan
theoretically he -should-, but cap is still the best hand to hand combatant there is.

MERCILOUS
Again i agree that Cap is the better fighter, but the difference should be too small to make a difference.

eleveninches
HOw can cap be good at hand to hand fighting if he always has his big heavy shield in front of him all of the time. Wouldnt it get in the way of a normal fight

JuggernautFan
so what do you think is going to be the deciding factor?? healing factor (no pun intended).

MERCILOUS
Cap has a healing factor too (i'm pretty sure,) obviously no where near as good as Wolvie's but the shield should even that out. No, not the healing factor, Wolvie's relentlessness is not something that Captain america cannot stand against. I think it comes down to resourcefulness. Wolvie finds himself under bulldozers and other stupid predicaments. Cap puts people under bulldozers and other stupid predicaments.

MERCILOUS
And no, there's no way that shield would get in the way, it is a perfect offensive/defensive weapon.

Havoc470
this is a hard one, i mean they both have good strategy and worked together alot

MERCILOUS
That's what i'm trying to say.

Havoc470
i dont know if cap has a healing factor, but if he does it would make sense because he looks younger than wolvie

either way it would'nt decide the match

norrin radd

norrin radd

emraldguardian
^exactly, I would have to say that this one would go to Wolverine they are both about equal in fighting, but i dont see Cap being able to put Wolverine down before Wolverine gets that one good hit on him.

norrin radd

Havoc470
i think it would be a really long drawn out fight, but ultimately wolverine would win but under certain circumstances cap could win too

i thought he was thawed out about 5 years after wwII when he was found by the avengers? meh his history is too jumbled for me

pr1983
seriously? laughing out loud

i think wolvie gets this one, all it takes is one stab

Havoc470
he isnt the best hand to hand combatant on the planet lol, he almost got taken out by she-hulk in avengers disassembled, although a few die-hard avenger readers tell me disassembled sucks badly

Tron
Well, I wouldn't call Cap the absolute best fighter, but he's in the top 5 or 10, no doubt. I don't think that would be his biggest advantage against Wolverine, cause he's at the top of the list too. Cap may be a little higher, but not that much though. And I would say Wolverine should have more hand-to-hand training; Japan, CIA, and any other styles he learned or government agencies that trained him. I think it could go either way though.

Tron
And Havok, it was a "Hulked-out" She-Hulk, even the normal version should be too much for any street-level character.

radioboy121
Its hard to classify Wolverine's age in appearance, since he's drawn differently so many times. And more often than not, there tends to be an anonymous character that would bring up a comment about Wolverine's "ugly mug."

As to Captain America, I thought I heard the serum used on him was wearing off?

Havoc470
good point, i forgot about her wiggin' out

and i think wolverine has always been referred to as an old man, his illustration has always made him look like a man between mid-30's to mid-40's (except in the ultimate universe)

Maelstrom
Everybody is underestimating Cap and his shield. That incredible thing there is no way to get past it. Dang-Damn. You are virtually completely safe behind it and Cap has mega experience with it. It's almost impossible for an idiot to make a mistake with it and Cap is perfect.
Now, the Wolverine i grew up on was nearly as good with his claws. If you came near him you got cut, no question about it. He could skewer a fly or swat it with his claws.
The edge comes in who has been more true to his self. Capitan seldom varies from his idea behavior or mode.
Wolverine has just gotten sloppy. He'd a been good in that pixar move the Incredibles.
Oh. Cap is stronger than Wolverine and why hasn't anyone shoved those claws up his ass yet? raver

deathclock
Cap is far superior in fighting ability...Wolverine is vastly over rated.

MERCILOUS
Why can no one agree on these two's fighting ability? It is for all intents and porpuses the same. Neither of the two would gain an advantage from fighting ability. I give it to cap based on strength and intellegence. Caps ability with his sheild would give him more than enough time to come up with something.

wolverine8888
many will argue capt a better fighter but every game ever made when showing stats wolverine the better fight and all of wolverine stats are above capt bye a whole level truth is kept can't win and had in the healing power he got no chance

MERCILOUS
Oh boy, here we go. Captain America is the Fighting Machine. I insist that there fighting prowess is equal but if one has to be named over the other it is Cap. Many sources which give characters statisitcs are vague and innaccurate. Many of them are also based on a variety of sources such as popular beleif, writer's suggestion, beleif of the writer of those sources and polls. They are highly subjectional and highly prone to inaccuracy.

Spiderninja008
.....K, Captain America has given trouble to the Avengers, Hulk, NEbody and Everybody pretty much. The Avengers couldn't lay a hand on him......not one. Captain America is like Batman and Spidey, but much weaker. The sheild.....He is a master physicist when it comes to perfect rebounding that thing off of walls and cronies' heads in fractions of a second. It is a leathal weapon when Cap doesn't have to hold back. .....sad enough to say, Wolvy has a super healing factor. Capn is smarter, and a better fighter, but wolvy is good enough to match him. Either capn would figure out a way to quickly kill wolvy fast, or he tires out (after like days) due to lack of strategy and dies at wolvy's claws....They are too evenly matched...without the healing factor, Wolvy goes down....but that's not the case.

FrothByte
cap should win after a long hard fight. wolvi has healing, but cap doesn't tire. and caps is stronger, and is considered one of the best hand to hand combatants in the MU. even dd admitted to this.

norrin radd
catain america is not stronger then wolverine they are have the same strenght

FrothByte
ok, well atleast after a few minutes he will be stronger because wolvi will get tired. smile

JuggernautFan
cap does tire also. just much slower than the average lazy american.

zhiguang
wolverine - strength, healing factor, indestructable skeleton and claws

cap - indestructable shield, capital 'A' on head(doesn't stand for France), intelligence(?)

i dont think cap is that intelligent, when u say intelligent i think of reed richards or batman..
what u mean by 'intelligence' is 'tactical'. or 'strategic'.

if thats the case, i think wolverine is better on this one. he has had so much experince over the years and has been in alot of 1 on 1 martial fights against the likes of elektra, silver samurai (skill) and hulk, sabretooth (brute force)

i feel that cap is only good in leading (thats where his 'intelligence' is) or fighting in a team. unlike wolverine, who is much more of a loner.

but if u took both of them alone and threw them in a room to duke it out, i think its wolverine whos gonna be the only one walking out the door.

Maelstrom
Wolverine is not superstrong. He has a mans strength and animal senses.
Cap has the pinical of human capability in everything he does. He really has no superpower other than this aritfically achieved state.
700 to 800 pounds in lifting.
At first glance Wolverine who can go for a half hour at a constant speed seems like the winner.
All he'll ever touch is the shield though.
Cap can lay into him all day long. Pinning Wolverine under the shield would stop wolverine. Killing him, i don't know how he could.

Havoc470
actually wolverine has a hightened strength but not above or at par with the captains, i think their fighting prowess is pretty close drawn, but cia tactics compared to war tactics are completely different, im choosing not to decide this fight, but let the conversation continue!!

wolverine8888
captain is peak human ever thing, wolverine is super human every thing also known as enchanced human. he is stronger, more agile, better reflexs, far far far more durable. that fought be for is wolverien vs marvel univers and he beat captain ass and falcon at same time in seconds though he sorta cought them bye surprize. also in captain 30th he fights wolverine who is being possesed and it little more then a moster with no fighting skills and is losing though wolverine snapp out of it in time and they work to gether to bring down the man who did it( wolverine with no fighting skill to so if it was real wolverine he hardly have a chance). also captain was saved bye wolverine in world war 1 bye wolverine from the hand and they surly would of killed them and wolverine just walked in and beat the hands ass. truth is captain good I think woverine a better fighter but capt might be equal in skill but add in wolverine having ever other advange pluss a healing factor make in inpossable for capt to win. oh and also when capt fought hulk he got his ass kicked I dotn know what ur smokign who ever said kept has ever given hulk a fight every time he fought hulk he had 3 other helping him and every time he got his ass kicked when ever he tryed to go one vs one for a little while with hulk. wolverien can handle the hulk he actauly even has more winns vs the hulk I own almost all there fights with wolverine vs the hulk so if any one would like info on it just ask.

wolverine8888
also I for got to add captain endurence is nuthign next to wolverine. wolverine can fight for days on end capt can't.

MERCILOUS
Wolverine is not stronger than Cap. Wolverine is not super human everything. Cap is, it's called the super-soldier serum. Wolvie vs. the MU is a joke and your reference to it makes your response laughable. No one said Cap has beaten Hulk, only that he gave him trouble, so much in fact that Hulk gave up and went away.
If you said that Wolverine was an equal fighter I'd listen to your argument, but to say that Wolvie is a better fighter is ludicrous.

FrothByte
his supersoldier serum doesn't allow his body to produce the toxins that results to fatigue, and thus he doesn't get tired for an extremely long time.

the super soldier serum also enhanced him physically to the peak of human perfection that no human would be able to reach by sheer training and practice alone. that's why i think he is stronger than wolvi. not that much to be a deciding factor, but still stronger and faster.

JuggernautFan
his body does produce muscle fatigueing poisons, just not on a level that you and i do. he does get tired, but much slower than the average person. by even saying he gets tired (even if it is after a long while) is contradictory to your first sentence saying his muscles dont produce the toxins.

i know what his powers are. but thanks for the reminder wink

Tron
No disrespect wolverine8888, but you need to try to use some better grammar in you're post, cause it's pretty difficult to understand what you're saying when you type out long paragraphs.

And, Wolverine is not stronger than Cap. His adamantium may help him support more weight than he normally would, but that doesn't mean he can lift heavy things regularly, kind of like what Havok said. Regardless, I still do think his fighting prowess could keep up with Cap's. Can't say who'd walk away in the end though.

Arsenal
Oh I'll help you then, Captain America

Havoc470
i think frothbyte meant that the toxins are secreted from cap's muscles but the serum subdues those toxins, in other words cancel it out, only after theres so much of it that it cant be subdued any longer, kind of like fighting the flu before you get it, and then getting the flu the next day

and as i think almost everyone would agree, wolverine is not stronger than captain america, i dont have the wolverine sig for nothing, i've read close to every damn comic he's ever appeared in, except the infamously stupid wolvie vs. MU, and a few others i still cant get my hands on

MERCILOUS
I like wolverine, but i get tired of people overestimating him because he says so. It's a cool part of his character but then people use it like it was some sort of law written in stone. I think these two are actually evenly matched, but Cap would take it in the end due to his superior tactics and resourcefulness.

eleveninches
But caps shield can be stolen and used against him, whereas logans claws/skeleton cannot be stolen or used against him in combat

MERCILOUS
Sure, and anyone who actually tried to use that shield against would have the same training with it as him? Of course not. Cap would make a fool of anyone who tried it.

JuggernautFan
i could beat them both up.

how much does caps shield weigh, anyway??? 2 lbs?

MatchesMalone
I think the majority agrees that Captain America and Wolverine are very close in categories such as fighting skills, strength, and speed. There are some disagreements on who is superior in those categories, however most agree they are amazingly similar. Thus, the significant variables are:
Captain America: Unbreakable Shield
Wolverine: Regenerative healing factor, unbreakable bones and claws

I think Wolverine should win. But, what do I know? My logic is usually fairly weak.

wolverine8888
there fighting skill about equal thou I personaly think wolverine better fighter. so there abotu equal in one thing right. thing is capt is peak human every thing wolverien is enchanced human or also called suphuman level 1. this is a big diffrence wolverine is good deal stronger more agil. and reflex. also he far far more durable and then u got his healing factor. capt over matched. also has capt ever been able to take on the hulk bye him self or even with people helping him he still getts destoryed. wlverien fights hulk all the time and has beaten him.

crazyspinz
um, cap is just as strong or stronger than wolverine, wolverine does not have superhuman strength. cap is aslo a better fighter, but wolverine would win because of his healing

wolverine8888
serouly wolverine has superhuman strenth or are u says the owners of marvel are lieing. look on wolverien page it has him on stat chart level 4 strenth, then look at the back of the book and it says level 4 is superhuman strength. level 3 is peak which is what captain is in the avengers hand book(the official handbook of the marvel universe x-men 2004).

Swanky-Tuna
That site chart is booty. Do I have to keep bringing up the Warmachine vs Mary Jane arm wrestling match being a tie according to the Marvel site?

MERCILOUS
Yes! Marvel lies! That's why forums like this exist.

I doesn't matter that Wolverine has a healing factor, Cap will get the job done. You think one of Marvel's most resourceful characters is going to sit around poking his nose thinking "well every time i hit him he heals so i'll just keep hitting him." While Wolverine on the other hand has done just that.

Abaddon
Alright man you asked for it....I'm a big Wolvie fan but he does not have super-human strength! Here is Wolvies strength according to Marvel Diectory:

Strength Level: While Wolverine may be of an advanced age, he possesses the normal human strength of a man in his prime with his height and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. While possessing the adamantium skeleton, Wolverine's strength was increased to the human maximum, making him capable of lifting (pressing) 800 lbs.

leonheartmm
um u know. even though cap is slightly better at fighting, he still has many disadvantages. fer starters they are both at peak level human strength, {approx. 800lbs} but cap is 6,3 or sumthin in height and wolverine is 5,3. eventhough u might think that this is an advanyage fer cap, it isnt, cause if they have the same strength then wolvie will have a lower centre of gravity{this was also true fer bruce lee} also, cap is knowledgable of judo, american style karate and boxing, while wolvie has been a samurai and also has numerous other skills, also, his senses have been made superhuman, so he can see, hear, taste smell and touch things better than any human. ok now cap has the adamantium vibranium shield which logans adamantium laced claws cant penetrate, but other then that, if wolvie even took one slice at him or even a hit, cap will be a goner, not to mention that cap cant break or dislocate any of wolvies bones cause they are laced with adamantium, more so, if cap took a punch at wolvies ribs or any other boines, hed probably break his knucles cauyse of the adamantium, not to mention that wolvie would hit awful hard with those adamantium covered bones too. hey last but not least, wpolvie has a very strong healing factor which would instantly take care of any wounds he might recieve in unprotective or errrrrr sensitive areas, the only other advantage that cap has is his ability ti wear wolvie down cause cap does not get fatigue easily, so there are the facts and id say that wolvie wins

Maelstrom
Here's the solution.

Maelstrom
Cap. kicks his ever loving ass. No doubt. Beats him up worse than Sabertooh could. Then he hold him down under his shield while he draws and mixs his blood with a poison then transfers it into Wolverine. The solider serium overpowers his healing factor, laying Wolverine to rest.
Under the Shield his claws are harmless even if he comes to during the process.
Cap. is the better fighter of the two. He is far stronger than Wolverine.
Wolvie can lift like 300 pounds. His body weight carries the other 500 pounds in the adamintum bones he has. That is his max.
Cap can lift the full 800 pounds.
Wolverine has no super strength. 'nuff said. Animal senses which are like enhanced human senses. Nother words hes got the guts, but that don't get the job done.

who?-kid
Wow, the soldier serum doesn't even come close to the healing factor.

Not so sure about that. I think they're about equal.

Far stronger ? Forget it. Maybe a little bit, but not much, so it wouldn't make one bit of difference

Eurhm, Wolverine can lift more than 300 pounds. Lol, my neighbour can lift 300 pounds wink

Sigh. Neither has Captain America (or very, very barely).

Havoc470
i agree, as for the actual battle, for now im going with the cap, the problem with these two characters is theres alot of different personality and combat changes in the course of the original MU, sometimes wolvie is shown less special op and more like a charging maniac, while lets say in jim lee's run with cap and wolvie in a team, they were both shown more strategic and gave justice to the history they both have

crazyspinz
first of all, last time i checked, with was like 3 min ago marvel did not operate in "levels" the uses classes, and those classes are 1-100, and wolverine is below class 1. each class means one ton, colossus for example is class 100, hulk is 100+, spiderman is class 10, wolverine is below class one, his max is about 700lbs, witch is the same as captain america

FrothByte
well caps height will give him a reach and leverage advantage...

wrathofachilles
Wolverine's class is nowhere near 700 lbs. and Cap's is at 800 lbs. He is stronger, plain and simple.

MERCILOUS
For some reason that skeleton is suppose to put him up to 800. I don't know if that's lifting holding or what but I've never understood it myself. I have always estimated Wolvie to be at about 650 bench though. It should be one of the side effects of his healing factor. Torn muscle is repaired faster so he should be about as strong as he can be.

who?-kid
Pfff, who gives a hoot about their strength ? Cap is, like a said, a bit stronger than Wolverine, but not enough to make a difference.

But I think that Wolverine has a harder punch than Cap. I mean, with all that metal in his hand and the fact he really can stand pain, and has a healing factor, he doesn't have to hold back. He can hit a brick wall with (almost) all he's got and still whistle while he does that.

Cap can't, because he probably would break his hand.

MERCILOUS
Actually he most assuredly could. Martial artist punch bricks all the time. Cap holding back? Not likely. Not against Wolverine. And Cap has survived many an onslaught the like of which Wolvie could never hope to behind that shield of his. I'm not saying Wolvie wouldn't make it interesting, just that in the end, intellegence (something that seems to be held with little reguard in these threads) takes it in the end for Cap.

Abaddon
to clarify the strength dispute, this is what ive found in my research: Cap and Wolvie are about the same strength. Cap is the strongest a human can possibly get. Wolvies adamantium adds approximatley 100 lbs to his total body weight. After this augmentation his body eventually got used to this and his strength was pushed to the maximum as well. The deciding factors are as follows: Cap-superior tactical knowledge, Wolvie-claws and healing factor. I think these guys know each other well enough that this fight would go either way.

who?-kid
Eurhm no, I wasn't talking about some (fake) bricks strategically placed on a thin piece of wood, I clearly said : a brick wall. The best martial artist ever breaks his hand when he punches a brick wall with all he's got. Same for Captain America.

NOT the same for Wolverine. That's why I think Wolverine punches even harder than Captain America.

norrin radd
off course adamantium bones count for something

Havoc470
wolvie has tactical knowledge also, but not at par with caps although they were in the same war together

MERCILOUS
Yes adamantium counts for something. It just seemed like who kid was making it seem like Cap doesn't know how to punch. Cap can punch what ever the heck he likes and will likely not injure his hand, it's called form. I am speaking from personal experience as some one who has both hit something while trained and untrained.

Fake bricks! I spit on that!

And I don't think anyone said that Wolvie didn't have tactical knowledge, It's just rather dwarfed by Caps.

leonheartmm
hey didnt i already clarify things enough, fer starters, they have almost exactly the same strength level, and if u dont believe that then ur ignorant{im talkin about wolverine with his adamantium skeleton}. shure cap has survived many onslaughts by powerful foes but so has wolvie, hes beaten hulk fer heaveans sake, not to mention demons, vampires and ofcourse mutants. also, cap might have beat many stronger opponents, but we are looking at their fighting skill and advantages, not their fame and luck in comic books{i mean the fanatastic four have beaten galactus many times but does that mean that they are stronger than him?} we are purely looking at fighting expirience, physical perfection and advantages one has over the other, so if u really look at those things and not think that, oh wolvie beat hulk or cap beat thor, then ull come to realize that LOGICALLY, it should go to wolvie, not referring to the possibility of any one being lucky. i mean it is quiete possible that the first punch that cap throws towards wolvie hits wolvie in a very weak pressure spot{u know, namor who had class90 strength was beaten unconcious by a near perfect humanoid who had great knowledge of pressure spots, but had only human strength!], fer all of wolvies adamantium and berserker strength, hed still be a goner, but whats the chance of that happenin, not to mention that it can happen the other way too. so just look at statistics . and statistically, wolvie wins

leonheartmm
hey an wolvie's tactical knowledge isnt DWARFED by cap, they have fought alongside each other an if the comic book art tells u one thing, its this, fer every man that went down at the hands of the honourable cap, another got his guts torn out of himself by the feral wolverine.
any way, wolverine is around 150 years old, and he has had extensive training in more martial arts then cap. also he has trained as a samurai and if i remember correctly, his senses and dicipline was so great that he has sparred using real katanas{sword} with multiple opponents, BLINFOLDED!
also the only real training cap has other than his real life battle expirience is the crash course of military tactics and hand to hand combat that was given to him just after he was given the super soldier serum.

Alpha Centauri
I'm just extremely tempted to say Wolverine coz I absolutely hate Captain America with all my vile and venom.

As people on this forum that know me, can attest to.

-AC

who?-kid
No I wasn't.

It's called bollocks. Again, when Captain America punches a brick wall with all he's got, he breaks his hand. Don't see what's there so hard to understand. And if I remember correctly, even Sabretooth broke his hand while punching Wolverine on his head.

If you spit, they'll probably break also.

Hm, maybe, but that's not going to help Captain America in a fistfight against Wolverine. Captain is a great leader, much better than Wolverine, but that's not going to save him. It depends on the writer, Cap can win and Wolverine can win.

leonheartmm
alpha centauria, y do hate cap? how can u hate cap? hes such a great guy. even though i favour wolvie on this{who i also lilke a lot} i still dont think that any one can truly hate cap. hes just too good of a guy

Tron
Well, you can clarify as much as you want on any thread, it doesn't matter though because this is a discussion forum. And don't take this the wrong way, but even if you think you've made a good clarification, it don't mean jack shit, cause there's someone else that has a clafication of their own. Agreeing to disagree, one of the things you gotta deal with on these threads. If it was that easy to make people see something, then these things wouldn't be fun to discuss.

Anyways, it doesn't matter how many fighting styles someone has learned, what matters is just how good they are with the styles they have. This fight's still too close for me to call, can go either way in my opinion. Depends on who's having the better day I guess.

Alpha Centauri
"alpha centauria, y do hate cap? how can u hate cap? hes such a great guy"

Exactly. Such a goody two shoes suck up.

Anyone see the Ultimates where Hulk battered him? When he changed back to Banner THAT'S when Capt decided to fight.

-AC

radioboy121
Captain America has hit Wolverine before without injuring his hand .

I do not hate Captain America myself, but sometimes he talks as if he's your father (or grandfather).

who?-kid
Of course he has, most characters in the Marvel universe have punched him. But a normal human, even Captain America, has a good chance of breaking some bones in his hand while hitting him real hard on his head.

I never said Wolverine definitely will win a fight between the two, because in my opinion, they're too equal. The tiny strength difference and tactical knowledge of Captain America is equaled by the durability, heightened senses and healing factor of Wolverine.

CosmicSurfer
Wolverine sucks and here's why,

He relies too much on his healing factor and he hardly shows any fighting skill. All he ever does is recklessly stab and slice.

The best version of Wolverine by far is the fallen samurai written by Claremont back in the 80's. When Claremont left, his character started to go downhill and I hated him ever since.

Cap is the *epitome* of raw fighting prowess. He hardly has any equal when it comes to hand to hand combat.

Nataku8188
How, exactly, is cap going to stop Wolverine? I mean, it's not like Wolverine is goign to AIM for his shield, and if he raises it to block one strike, he's leaving another part of his body open for the other hand. Captain America's only chance is to K.O. Wolvie.

Wolvie only has to land one blow with his claws to weaken C.A. enough to kill him.

What's all this hosh-posh about C.A. being the best fighter on the planet!?!? Anyone dumb enough to lose in Roshambo OBVIOUSLY isn't the best fighter on the planet. Whenever I see C.A. in any comic besides his own, he's usualy sitting back behind his shield barking orders, or landing one or two blows with his shield.

wrathofachilles
Captain America wears armor. I can't recall if the armor is adamantium, but he can easily obtain adamantium armor if necessary. The fact of the matter is that he doesn't need it. He's too quick for Wolverine to successfully land a blow. Cap isn't the best fighter on the planet, but he's a better fighter than Wolverine.

MERCILOUS
Ask a boxer or a serious martial artist if he'll break his hand when punching someone even in the hardest part of skull. You will get the same answer every time, NO!

Wolvie is fast but Cap isn't dumb enough to let Wolvie land a blow.

Cap does where an advanced mesh armor, but it is not adamantium. this does not matter cause he wouldn't let wolvie do more than scratch him.

Captain america is trained in more than 1 martial art. He's the master of many. Many more in fact than wolverine.

I'm calling it caps.

If it was a cage match I'd call it Wolvie, but no one specified any such thing. Cap is far more resourceful he'd take it time and time again on the streets or any situation out of a cage.

Tron
Master of many? Cap's trained in about 3 styles, 5 at the most. I don't know where the many styles thing came from, Wolverine would probably have more styles in that regard. But like I said, the number of styles you know don't mean a thing, it's how you use the styles you know, and they both use them damn well.

who?-kid
YES ! I'm talking about WOLVERINE, who has, for your information, an adamantium skull (sort of). Adamantium is extremely hard, much much harder than a brick wall.

All I ever said is that even the greatest martial artist breaks his hands (or at least seriously hurts his hand) while trying to punch Wolverine with all his strength. That is a fact, not an opinion. Ask Sabretooth if you don't believe me.

MERCILOUS
Come on now Tron, you read my other post, I've continuously said that neither character has an advantage when it comes to fighting prowess. I may have exaggerated a wee bit, 5 sounds like pretty close to many to me, but to say that all Cap has is a crash course in military fighting is bullocks (you didn't say that, that other guy did.)

leonheartmm
hey i didnt say thats ALL cap has, for ur information im a BIG fan of cap, and he has a lot of expirience because of all the fights that hes been through, but i already explained that logically and statistically, wolverine should win. but if u dont wanna believe that then its FINE!

MERCILOUS

Alpha Centauri
"Ask a boxer or a serious martial artist if he'll break his hand when punching someone even in the hardest part of skull. You will get the same answer every time, NO!"

Allow me to field this being that I have 5, 4th degree black belts in (obviously) 5 martial arts. You grow more conditioned mentally and physically, to deal with hitting hard objects. However, wood and stuff is very very different to brick and metal. I broke my wrist the first time I tried to break a 4 inch thich ice slab (which I can get through now), and that was at black belt level.

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>