Mastermind vs. Professor Xavier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
It seems that the only way to beat a telepath is through illusion or delusion. Mastermind destroyed the very first Phoenix...applause to him. He kicked prof.s ass in the movie. Could he push him down a flight of stairs in the book?
raver

radioboy121
The illusionist in the movie was a "Jason 143," credited as William Stryker's son. The Jason Wyngarde Mastermind is not related.

Mastermind has fooled the X-men before, but were more often able to figure out the illusion. Mastermind was only able to manipulate Phoenix only because his abilities were enhanced through a mind device created by White Queen to appeal through her feelings.

I think Professor Xavier could handle this minion with little problem. If Mastermind ever achieved the illusion degree shown through that comic of X-men - Heroes for Hope (I think that's what it's called) where an unknown character was raising the upmost fears of the then X-men...

Wolverine - beast vs. humanity
Shadowcat - weakness, anorexia?
Nightcrawler - religion, redemption?
Magneto - human retaliation

...THEN I would give this to Mastermind.

Abaddon
Read Age of Apocalypse and see what becomes of Mastermind. The person who destroys him is lesser than Xavier. Also, a strong mind can see thru illusions. Xavier's mind is among the strongest.

Maelstrom
A "real" illusion can render telepathy fake. That's why they made mastermind a coward. If his illusion got to powerfull, he could beat even franklin richards and his reality power.

radioboy121
A strong telepath can sense the mental probe. No doubt a good illusion will convince most people (I'm unsure if an illusion can illustrate falling), but its still not enough to fool someone like Charles Xavier, especially since he can make illusions as well.

Mr. BBBumper
The trolls are here. NOW!

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Wonder Man
It seems that the only way to beat a telepath is through illusion or delusion. Mastermind destroyed the very first Phoenix...applause to him. He kicked prof.s ass in the movie. Could he push him down a flight of stairs in the book?
raver

Jason Wyngardes powers worked best against very powerful minds so say the scenario was a sneak attack then I'd say Wyngarde has a chance.

However since this is a direct assault I'd give it to Xavier. I think Xavier already scared him off in X-Men - First Class (Volume 2)...can't remember which issue of the top of my head but it was a 2 issue arc.

wannabe
It could be an interesting fight even though Charles would eventually win. Jason and Emma once tied in a mental fight. yes

wannabe
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
However since this is a direct assault I'd give it to Xavier. I think Xavier already scared him off in X-Men - First Class (Volume 2)...can't remember which issue of the top of my head but it was a 2 issue arc.

It was a cool issue, but is First Class regarded as canon (not that it would matter much in this particular confrontation)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.