Are there any rowers here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carnival_junkie
Is anyone a crew dork like me?

I was just wondering... because... I just got done with my 4000 meter erg test...

blarg.

Mane
blarg? sounds toxic...

SeptemberRain
I hate ergs, they are the devil's machine.
I rowed in highschool my school flip-flopped between 1st and 2nd place for the best rowing team in the Midwest for 5 years, or more id dont know. But we have a killer crew team.

Turbo-Cajun
and meters... the metric system sucks.

MC Mike
laughing out loud !!

You mean to tell me that bases of 12 and 5280 are better? laughing out loud !!

SeptemberRain
I would prefer the metric system. wtf does the US have be different than everyother country. It would be so much easier if we used it too

row476
look at my username- ;-)
Ouch- you guys have to do 4000 meters? Ours are only 2000 smile

Turbo-Cajun
I was kidding about the metric system... most of it is really easy to understand. The only part of it I dont find easier to use than the imperial system is the measurement sizes for like wrenches... and mph are easier for me, but like distance and length measurement are way better in metric.

SeptemberRain
well, 2000 meters is usually the length of a normal race. But you can of course practice for longer

row476
yeah I know- but off water the longest we do is 2000. I've met people who do 10,000... not fun...

Elektra_lover
My best friends are on crew

SeptemberRain
oh ok. yeah, my crew team had to do that. We also had to do something called the hour of power. We erged as hard as we could(sorta for an hour) I totally sucked

row476
yeah... crew's pretty intense. We've had people throw up after the 2000. Do you row in 8s or 4s?

Df02
i used to row for my high school... our crew werent nething special tbh lol
ive done the 2,000 and 4,000 erg tests..not done an hour of power tho...

ive got an erg downstairs in the gym tho, love em... best exercise machine i have - works all different types of muscles and isnt actually that boring either

carnival_junkie
we have to do 6000 eventually.

we do TONS of power hours...
they are the work of satan.

SeptemberRain
I personal rowed in 8s and 4s and singles

row476
Singles are so much fun! I went to camp this year and we did some stuff with them. They're called scullers, right?
-Did any of you watch the olympics this year (the rowing part of it?)

SeptemberRain
actually, sculling is when you row with both arms. It dosent have to be with just singles, it can also be with quads(4 ppl row both sides) or doubles(2 ppl row both sides)
No, I didnt watch any of the Olympics; I was at a gutair camp in Boston at the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.