Does the Hockey Strike Leave You Depressed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quotagirl
I don't know about you folks out there, but I really miss Hockey. It's bad enough that every day gets colder and colder where I live, but to take away a fantastic sport all in the name of greed just burns my shorts. mad
Just wondering if there are others out there who feel the same way as I do? And if there are any suggestions on how to fix this problem ASAP since NEITHER side is even speaking to each other at the present?
Whaaaaaassssssup with that?
When the heck are they going to listen to the fans???? Fans fill seats.
Aaaaarrrrghhhh mad mad mad
quotagirl

Dr. Strangelove
I miss watching the Sharkssad. But I wouldn't say I'm depressed about no hockey season.

Turbo-Cajun
No.

TrAnCeDuO
its a great thing hockey is...but its nothing to get depressed about.

quotagirl
I guess I miss the opening music of a game (For us, it's a trumpet blare for the Ottawa Senators). I miss listening to Don Cherry after the 1st period.
If I took away your National Sport, you'd understand better.

TrAnCeDuO
yeah true...but it wouldnt matter in the end. detroit would still pwn you all!(jk)

Dr. Strangelove
Yeah I also miss the Jaws music during Sharks power plays.

Man I need to stop going posting in this thread, it's getting me depressed. embarrasment

MC Mike
Uh... care to inform me what happened? messed

TrAnCeDuO
nothing really it seems that all athletes want a bigger cut these days so they strike now...oh well...

quotagirl
The salaries are all screwed up. Did you know that Tai Domi of the Leafs makes 1.9 million? The guy's just an instigator and he makes this kind of money??????
He lands the occasional goal, but he's basically a goon on the ice.

Darth Surgent
The short answer is no.

Anth
Yes sad

quotagirl
Well Anth, now you have LOTS of time to figure out how they get all that jelly into those donuts. wink

Cipher
I'm disappointed not depressed. I have a feeling the league is going to be in dire straits for quite a while because Bettman doesn't know what he's doing....

quotagirl
Exactly Cipher. Neither side knows what they're doing anymore. They hate each other's ideas so much, that they've literally shut down their "brains" (?).
The time has come to add a MEDIATOR.
Dr. Phil, where are you??????????
laughing Happy Dance laughing

WindDancer
no

Linkalicious
NOT. IN. THE. LEAST.

Screw Hockey. This just leaves more room for basketball.

Samurai Guy
Yes, it does.

Now the only thing I watch on TV is Smallville. And screw Basketball.

Canadian Moose
It completely depresses me. Without hockey, there is little going on up here. Basketball doesn't really count as a sport, unless you want the over under on how many players will be arrested for some sort of crime.

Samurai Guy
I mean, how can I make fun of the Leafs now? evil face

botankus
They and the other major pro sports will never get the salary problem resolved as best as they can for both sides until they copy the collective bargaining agreement the NFL uses.

Canadian Moose
Man, you are quickly becoming my best friend.

*takes out a Leafs flag and burns it*
big grin

Canadian Moose
Absolutely correct. It may be the NO FUN LEAGUE, but at least they have their shit together.

Samurai Guy
I am sure if I was to tell you my favourite team, you would not say the same.

No need to fret, it is not the Sabre's.

Canadian Moose
Fire away, it can't be worse than Toronto.

quotagirl
"It completely depresses me. Without hockey, there is little going on up here. Basketball doesn't really count as a sport, unless you want the over under on how many players will be arrested for some sort of crime."

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And what's even more ironic is that a Canadian in Almonte, Ontario actually invented this sport (basketball).
We rejected it, and then I guess we gave it to the Yanks. They seem to enjoy it, so what the heck. laughing cool

Samurai Guy
Colorado.

Canadian Moose
Let them have it. 7 foot tall men jamming a ball into a hoop is exceedingly boring. why not just play 2 minute games? That is usually the only time the game matters anyhow. wink

Canadian Moose
Ooooohhh...*winces* Given that I am a Red Wing fan, that was as close to bad as you can come...

Still...you look good in those pants, so I'm gonna forgive you. wink

Samurai Guy
A Wings Fan? sick At least it isn't Buffalo or Toronto, I am happy.

James Naismith!! rock

At least we still have curling to watch!

Canadian Moose
No. NO chance for the Leafs. Buffalo is bad enough not to cross my radar screen.

LOL..curling...yay! I've never really watched it.

Samurai Guy
How DARE you call yourself Canadian!

Kidding, of course. I actually went curling once. My legs were soar for a week.

HockeyHorror
cry hockey

Samurai Guy
I feel your pain, HockeyHorror

*secret gangster handshake*

Canadian Moose
I know I know...it's just...sliding big round stones into a bullseye dot...there is something so....juvenile to me...I dunno..*shrugs*

quotagirl
Hey Canadian Moose
Where did you get that photo of that moose? It's super!
Every time I even look at one of your posts I bust a gut. laughing out loud

Samurai Guy
It could be an aquired taste? dontgetit

Yeah... no hockey = sad Samurai Guy

Samurai Guy
wink

Canadian Moose
Isn't is great? Samurai did it for me. It speaks to my true nature! LOL.
And just Moose is fine. smile

Linkalicious
and the funny part is...

there's no hockey season! happybday eh!

quotagirl
Ok Samurai Guy... I hope that you're going to go into Graphic Arts, coz you have the talent.
Moose is lucky to have you as a friend. Copyright that logo, bud cool

Samurai Guy
wink

Spanks.

quotagirl
Back to hockey now.
Daniel Alfredson, who's the captain of the Sens (hopefully you know that) and is a Swiss, can't even play in Sweden, because the taxes would kill him. He'd end up paying Sweden just to be on the ice by the end of it. Gotta love it.
So, he's stuck in "park"....... poor boobie eek!

Canadian Moose
Wow! I just read your Bio...pretty damn impressive. smile

quotagirl
Tenkew.

Now...... buy a book roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! cool eek!

Samurai Guy
Thats it. I am going to start my own hockey league.

eb2425
I too am feeling depressed about having no hockey. You are not alone!
After much thought... It's probably due to usually having hockey to think about all the time and keep the brain goin. Flames last game...Flames next game....Around the league action...highlights to watch every night before bed....Hockey analysts on every channel telling me what they think...
Now, nothing except sad looking players and grumpy looking owners.
I've been feeling...bored you might say, not having all that mental stimulation I have relied on for over 25 years of intense hockey following. Not to mention the extra income from working at games (my labor of love job)
When your passion is taken away, what have you got? Just an empty space....sigh...

Lord Lucien
Wow. Two hockey strikes in only 8 years. They're worse than teachers.

Mindset
Maybe we should have them switch professions.

It'll be like trading spouses.

Yurika
It's ok with me, as i am not a hockey fanatic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.