Venom vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacks username
I didn't see this one in here yet. If it's been done, I'm sorry. A friend and I have been arguing about this for months. What do you guys think?
Venom vs. Wolerine

Abaddon
These two fought in nightmare realm (Marvel Comics Presents, with excellent art by Sam Keith) but I forgot who won. There was also a 4 part crossover comic but they fought for like 3 pages and didn't finish (even tho the title of the comic was Wolverine vs. Venom). They also had a recent encounter in the new Venom series but it was not Eddie Brock. Anyone know the outcome of the first mentioned battle?

uQifg2WV
yeah i've seen this thread before but i don't think wolverine could hurt Venom, you know because of the symbiotes resistance to energy.

uQifg2WV
and was your user name inspired by fight club.

wrathofachilles
The symbiote would block the claws from hurting Brock's flesh, and the symbiote cannot be hurt by anything besides fire and sonics. Venom wins this hands down. They didn't really fight in the Venom series, Tooth and Claw, it was a cop-out.

Linkalicious
Tooth and Claw was a terrible comic series..

wrathofachilles
Most of the Venom series was terrible after the Lethal Protector. The new one out is one of the worst-illustrated comics I have ever seen. I cannot fathom how Marvel allowed the penciler into their company, it looks like a 6 year old drew it. That's one reason I don't read Marvel anymore, they hired a truckload of awful pencilers in the last few years.

Cosmic_Beings
Well, if you go to the Marvel Website, they are hosting a poll on who Wolverine should fight next in the Wolverine comic. Venom has the overwhelming vote, so it looks like the two of them will be tearing it up soon.

Linkalicious
voted! smile

Nataku8188
The symbiotes can take damage, Carnage sliced venom up real nice in MC... it just takes a lot of power. Wolvie's claws are plenty sharp to shred V, but V is stronger and can take quite a bit of abuse.

I go with Wolverine.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm going for Venom for his Spiderman-like skills. And I'd like to see if he regrows his tongue 'cause you know they'd have Wolverine cut it off.

jacks username
Yes it was...

Havoc470
i think wolverine would win this one, sure the symbiote wont let him kill brock easily but its only a matter of time before wolvie gets to brock, i think venom would mostly be on the defensive in this fight, especially with wolverines long experience and training compared to brocks strength.....and that's about it lol

wrathofachilles
No. Carnage sliced Venom up because HE is a symbiote as well. Besides, the torture was on Brock more than the symbiote. Symbiotes against symbiotes is completely different. Wolverine's claws are sharp, but the symbiote would just consume the claws and make it avoid Brock's flesh. This isn't really a fair match-up, Wolverine is not capable of beating Venom. The only reason the fight would be done is because people love Wolverine so much. He's cool and all, but you guys have to understand he is greatly overrated.

wrathofachilles
Venom on the defensive? lol, you don't know much about Venom do you? He is never on the defensive, even if he's outmatched. He would take down Wolverine much faster than Wolverine could get to Brock. Besides, you assume that if Wolverine managed to kill Brock, the symbiote wouldn't consume Wolverine and kill him?

Arsenal
Yeah Venom would go up against Juggernaut head 2 head if he had to. Which he has. (he got the crap beaten out of him)

wrathofachilles
Right, but he was never on the defensive. He went after Juggernaut and even Hulk, and it never occured to him that they were out of his league.

Arsenal
lol that's what makes venom so cool.

Evangel94
Well, wolverine took a nuclear explosion without getting hurt....

Wolvie wins!

Havoc470
i wouldnt go as far to say he is NEVER on the defensive, anyway even if the symbiote does take wolverine who's to say wolverine cant take it off of him, spiderman's done it before, not to mention the symbiote would only change wolvies appearance as wolvie technically already as lethal as venom is, and again his healing factor would have something to do against the symbiote, and his ability to block his mind from attacks

i agree with wolvie being real overrated, alot of wolvie fans think he could win against anyone but that's far from true

wrathofachilles
When the hell did he take a nuclear explosion? That is crap. He is not Hulk.

Spider-Man didn't 'take it off,' he had it taken off by Reed and managed to get it off via church bells. Wolverine would not be able to do that for the simple fact that the symbiote would be trying to kill him. The symbiote didn't want to kill Spider-Man, it wanted to bond with him. Wolvie's healing factor doesn't enter into the equation because the symbiote could and would suffocate him *that's usually the favored method of execution* and the healing factor doesn't protect against that.

Arsenal
The symbiote would be disgusted by Logan's smelly armpits and wouldn't want to be anywhere near him.

Havoc470
actually, the healing factor would protect against that, which would explain wolverine surviving space, and i doubt the symbiote would even try to kill someone so strong, as then it would have to wander around for someone like brock while it could just have wolverine...which i think is better than eddie brock

wrathofachilles
Wolverine is not that strong. He has the claws and the healing factor, but he's not particularly strong. Besides, the symbiote is stronger anyway. And that was incredibly poor writing if Wolverine survived a nuclear blast. He is not immortal. Just ridiculous.

Havoc470
wolverine is wayy better than any human like brock is what im trying to say, and im sure the symbiote would prefer a host with adamantium claws/adamantium-laced skeleton and a healing factor as opposed to any regular joe like brock, who's dying of cancer in marvel knights spiderman

Arsenal
Well I'm sure if Logan got a waxing and/or wore deodorant then the symbiote would have definately picked him over brock.

Swanky-Tuna
How would rapid healing help you when you're getting sufficated?

Kontraz
suffication is when oxygen cannot "feed" your various cells, and the cells basically start killing themselves. If they are healing as fast as they are being destroyed, nothing happens.

Swanky-Tuna
But he can't survive *that* long before his body functions cop out and at least craps his pants. I consider pants crapping a win.

Arsenal
Yeah Logan wouldn't be able to do too much fighting with crap in his pants.

Kontraz
especially with that sense of smell he has...

Arsenal
Yeah he'd probably have to seek out some toilet paper and/or new underwear before continuing the fight.

wrathofachilles
Ok, Wolverine's cells regenerating aren't going to work. They regenerate if injured, if oxygen cannot get to cells, they are going to die because it TAKES oxygen getting to the cells for them to regenerate. No oxygen=no regeneration. And the symbiote would not want Wolverine, it has already formed a strong bond with Brock. When it had the chance of bonding with Spider-Man again *who is stronger than Brock* it didn't know what to do, but that was Spider-Man, and that was not long after Venom was formed. Now the symbiote would never leave Brock unless he was dead.

Nataku8188
Or not. In MC carnage gets his symbitote beat to shit by a bunch of super heros. You are just plain wrong on that one.

As far as what you said about suffocation though, you are right. Wolverine does heal fast, but he still needs to have energy to feed the healing. He doesn't have infinite energy. Besides, he only heals faster then humans, not faster then god. I mean, originaly he could just heal days of injuries in hours, months in days, years in months. Not days in seconds, months in minutes, years in hours.

lightaxe
yea but recently he seems to heal alot faster than before. He got all the skin on his arm burned off with cassandra nova and regrew that before end of issue or 2 so i mean hes definatly healing faster now.

JuggernautFan
when did venom and hulk scrap......... er umm, when did hulk beat the piss outta him. i havnt read it but i assume hulk would smack him around pretty easy smile

JuggernautFan
what is MC??

Arsenal
They fought in The Incredible Hulk vs. Venom. Click on the attachment to see the full sized image of the cover.

Arsenal
Maximum Carnage

Havoc470
which is what we were talking about earlier, if wolverine actually killed brock then the symbiote would have to find another host, seeing as logan isnt as goody goody as spiderman is and has alot of amazing attributes its most likely that the symbiote would try to go for him

as for the suffocation thing, wolverine survived outer-space, i think thats a little harder than being suffocated, that would mean any shmuck with a decent strength level can find a way to entangle wolverine in seran wrap and that's the end of that lol

wrathofachilles
Carnage did not get his ass kicked by a bunch of super heroes. They really didn't have much impact on him. It was just a chaotic set of cameos by Captain America, Cloak and Dagger, Black Cat, Iron Fist, etc. The symbiote cannot be hurt by anything other than fire or sonics. That is a fact. Pure and simple.

wrathofachilles
The symbiote isn't going to allow Wolverine to kill Brock, that's my point. It's not going to just slough off Brock and let he and Wolvie go at it and bond with the victor.

Wolverine surviving outer space is not the same, you don't die by suffocation in outer space; you die much sooner by the heat of the atmosphere or by the vacuum exploding your lungs. Suffocation is prolonged lack of oxygen getting to your cells. Again, human cells cannot regenerate without oxygen. As for saran wrap, I think, I'm pretty sure, that Wolvie can cut through that.

Swanky-Tuna
I bet if you like wrap a whole roll of it around his arms so he can't cut at it, he'll be screwed.

wrathofachilles
I can't believe Magneto, Sabretooth, Apocalypse, or his other enemies haven't thought of that technique.

CorderaMitchell
Only carnage would be slicing venom's symbiote, wolverine just doesn't have the versatility to effectively beat venom.

badabing
Bump

Grimm22
Wolverine can't beat Venom no

Venom 10/10

Of course Marvel probobly makes up some PIS crap so that Wolverine can't lose like, oh adamantium counters magic or some bullcrap like that roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jyppe
Hmm, I'm more of a Venom fan than Wolverine, but.. but.. Venom still takes the majority.

When Venom fought with Kraven, Kraven was able to pierce the symbiote and strike through Brock's flesh. Venom stated that the symbiote startted the fix the wound as soon as it was inflicted. So Venom has a comparable healing factor as Wolverine (and his durability is extreme) but I doubt if Wolvie pierced his head he wouldnt be able to heal his brains. IF Wolvie gets to pierce his brains.

8/10 for Venom. (Pis victory "Oh, a sonic gun! Oh a flamethrower!" And the another one for getting a lethal strike in)

Grimm22
Originally posted by Jyppe
Hmm, I'm more of a Venom fan than Wolverine, but.. but.. Venom still takes the majority.

When Venom fought with Kraven, Kraven was able to pierce the symbiote and strike through Brock's flesh. Venom stated that the symbiote startted the fix the wound as soon as it was inflicted. So Venom has a comparable healing factor as Wolverine (and his durability is extreme) but I doubt if Wolvie pierced his head he wouldnt be able to heal his brains. IF Wolvie gets to pierce his brains.

8/10 for Venom. (Pis victory "Oh, a sonic gun! Oh a flamethrower!" And the another one for getting a lethal strike in)

Didnt Wolverine already pierce Venom's head and it didnt do crap no expression

jinzin
he did that to the self motivated venom clone hybrid which only used hosts to literally feed off them... aside from that.. the head of the venom symbiote didn't match up to the host bodies head anyhow.. if he did that to eddie venom that would have been an entirely different story.

Grimm22
Originally posted by jinzin
he did that to the self motivated venom clone hybrid which only used hosts to literally feed off them... aside from that.. the head of the venom symbiote didn't match up to the host bodies head anyhow.. if he did that to eddie venom that would have been an entirely different story.

Maybe erm

However, Venom could just go right inside Wolverine no expression

jinzin
yeah he could.. i've said it before already full potential venom 10/10 wins this fight everytime...

venom using eddie symbiote. probably like 6 or 5 because of his pension for going into brawl mode when it's not necessary.. but that's a matter of CIS more than anything.. but venom using everything at his disposal 10/10 no problem...

Metalmanx
Venom. And it should be rather easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.