Robo Cop vs. The Terminator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
Both are super-strong robotic warrior men. Who wins?

Linkalicious
I think the terminator is a lot cooler, but I'd go with Robocop because he's got some human in him, and that's the potential to outsmart any machine.

norrin radd
robocop moves so slow, i choose the terminator.

Arsenal
Yes he does I think the Terminator would win

Gilgamesh
Terminator, no contest there.

Arachnoidfreak
Read the comics. Yes, Robocop vs Terminator. And play the video games.

Evangel94
Putting the comics aside, I believe the humanity inside robocop is what will allow him to win in the end.

MERCILOUS
I really like those comics but i think Frank Miller was a little byased towards Robocop. He didn't bother to show the resourcefullness of the Termis. I see this one ending when both have completely run out of ammo and take it into a slugfest. Termi's programs are highly efficient and can adapt quickly, but human ingeniuty has proven more than enough for termis in the end. Oh and by the way, Robocop's only that slow in the movie cause they couldn't get the guy who played him to move any faster in that suit.

eleveninches
Terminator is more advanced and futuristic, so I have to go 4 him.

MERCILOUS
Maybe in the movies, but not in the comics.

Havoc470
i go with robocop, cool ass gun, they both talk similar though lol (save the austrian accent heheh)

Kontraz
i take it you never saw T2, nor the majority of the robocop movies. They are equal as far as humanity goes. The terminator can become VERY human, given the oportunity. "I know understand why you cry"-termi as he wipes a tear from conner's face. Meanwhile robocop has lost the vast majority of his humanity and his programming often intereferes with him TRYING to even be a little human.

Havoc470
robocop is partly human with robot parts, terminator is just a robot ready to do anything its programmed to do, maybe you didnt watch the last terminator movie (sadly, i did) but he turned on connor, although terminator was telling him to run, the program didnt take full effect since he was battered senseless by that robo-*****

FrothByte
robocop gets damaged to easily. he got hit ba a launcher in robocop 3 and he was limping so badly it was funny. he was even talking funny. teminator got blown in half (terminator 1) and he still kept going. robocop needs too much tinkering and repairing. terminator would just mow him down. robocop was never shown to take punches from other machines and act like it was nothing (im basing from the movies). terminator has had some bad ass hand to hand fights from t-1000 and that lady terminatrix and he just kept on going. robocop would have been annihilated by those two.

Havoc470
well of course teminator would win in a fight between these two, i just think robocop is way cooler lol

SnakeEyes
i think the terminator would win, expecially the emotionally sensitive version. wink

Evangel94
What is with people and making assumption? roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm not even going to respond.

JuggernautFan
if it were movie versions, i'd have to pick terminator also. when i was a kid, and had a kids way of thinking robocop was bigger so he won. but now i think i understand and can interpret the movies to make a more accurate "assumption" or "interpretation" of the situation.

the 3rd Terminator movie is what swayed my opinion. in that movie arnold (term) exhibited great strength. he beat down the front end of a truck/car/vehicle (cant remember what it was). on top of that his battle with the terminatrix was just brutal. then at the end, he held up a HUGE bomb sheleter door which ='s weight + force bearing down on him with one arm i believe. after the ammo is gone (which will happen as it wont do anything to either) a hand to hand combat session is in order. to which the terminator is faster, Stronger (IMO), and has detailed files on the human anatomy. even though ROBO isnt human, he looks and acts and walks very human like.

MERCILOUS
Has everyone forgotten Robocop 2? That guy was huge!

If you go solely by the movies than yeah, a guy whereing a little bit of metal make up is way faster than a guy in a full suit. That's not a very fair comparison if you ask me. Many other factors would come into this like budget and directing. We should use the comic versions for comparison.

JuggernautFan
sounds fair, except i've only seen the movies. i wouldnt buy a robo-cop or a terminator comic book.......

MERCILOUS
What sounds fair?

You're missing out man, Frank Miller rules!

JuggernautFan
smile

MERCILOUS
Oh, i gotcha.

MERCILOUS
Ok so last I got people to agree not to use movie versions of these characters, but it was never really said who won, I think Murphy takes it.

grey fox
Which terminator are we talking about t-1000 t-800 or how about t-100 to be fair

jrodslam
Robocop wins. H'is aim is better, and Terminator cant take the damage Robocop can.

Compare movies..... Robocop 2 opens up with Murphy getting blown up 3 times in the car(2 missile launchers and bullets hitting the fuel tank) He got out with ease. Robocop 1, the guy git blow up while in the gas station. Robocop 2 while fighting Cain, they both fell from a skyscraper over 200 ft in the air.

In Terminator 1, Terminator got blown up in the gas truck, and walked out limping. Terminator 2, when he jumped off the truck and rolled into the metal factory, he got up limping again.

Robocop is waay more durable than the Terminator. Robocop's aim is also better than Terminator's. Robocop too slow is bull. Like someone stated before, it was hard for them to get someone to run or be that mobile in the suit. In the comics, Robocop is able to run.

Eventhough Robocop 3 sucks ass, I only watch the first 15 minutes of that movie. Robocop also has better reflexes and sensors better than Terminator. At the beginning of Robocop 3, he caught a sniper bullet in mid air. A sniper bullet that was directed at Lois. If that aint speed, I dont know what is.

And if you wanna go by the comics, when it came down to hand to hand combat, Robocop beat him again. One of the Terminators did rip off one of Murphy's arms though(ouch). In the end Robocop is victorious.

http://robocoparchive.com/comics/rvst/rvst2-31.JPG

MERCILOUS
Pretty much everything you said is right jrodslam, except for Robocop 3 sucking, If you read the original script, Frank Miller intended the movie to be a comedy. In the second movie you see more aspects of this show, but Robocop 3 is the closest one to his original vision. Watch it again but take into account that it's suppose to be funny and maybe you'll like it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.