The horrible TOAA mistake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic_Beings
Look, I don't know where people get the idea that The One Above All is accually the ultimate being in the Marvel Universe. The Living Tribunal is as far as it goes. The One Above All is merely a celestial.

If anyone can provide proof that there is a "The One Above All" that is mroe powerful than the LT, that would be great. But it isn't true, it is a celestial. I would post the link, but I am for some reason unable to at the moment.

Mane
ok noob. no expression

Cosmic_Beings
Great, I came here to talk seriously about something, and I get a idiot who calls me a noob. Thanks a lot.

ScarletSpider
Don't worry about it, Mane just hasn't had his horse tranquilizers today.

There is a Celestial called The One Above All. However I believe there is also a supreme being, referred to as The One Above All whom LT does serve. This has been discussed before, and that was the gist of the conclusion, I believe. I could be totally wrong. Whatever.

HarmonicFlo88
TOAO is tha most powerfull celestial who's powers are supposed to be above LT.

Example : Franklin Richards is a human KID but at full potential he's right under celestial power....but heee's humaaan

Get it?

TIP:
Also, post without tha "http://www". it wont be rejected since tha thread wont think it's a website. and whoever clicks it can just add a "www".

Cosmic_Beings
The Marvel Directory says the following about The One Above All:

"It is not known how many Celestials there are in existence. Even the number of Celestials on Earth in the Fourth Host is a mystery. Nine were known by name and function, others were glimpsed but not identified. The Fourth Host was led by the Celestial known only as The One Above All, who remained aboard the orbiting mother ship during the entire stay on Earth. The head of the landing party was Arishem."

Read it at marveldirectory.com/alienraces/celestials.htm

Also, I found a website revealing each appearance of The One Above All. Mainly, he has appeared in the Thor comics (4 times) and it has a picture of how he looks like, along with every other revealed celestial.

Go to geocities.com/brenni_au/BiosCelestials.html He is about halfway down.

Now, after reading from these sources, I think you will agree with me that it is total bullcrap that The One Above All is accually the completely omnipotent god of the Marvel universe, which even The Living Tribunal serves. In fact, there never were any signs at all that The One Above All was some omnipotent god. The name might have confused somebody, but it is clearly merely the leader of the celestials.

manjaro
a brief history from a source other than marveldirectory

History:
The Living Tribunal is above all other forces in the Universe. The Marvel Universe is really a multiverse, a limitless connection of alternate universes connected to the main one. He trancends EVERY SINGLE FORCE in EVERY SINGLE ONE, exists on EVERY dimension at the same time in each as well as actually existing in EVERY SINGLE UNIVERSE in the multiverse at the same time. That is he has no "alternate" selves like all other beings in the multiverse, THERE IS ONLY ONE. He is the only being that "actually" can destroy a universe if he judges it threatens the balance of the others.

Also he has stated his power comes from "on high" and also stated that he represented forces that dwarf the might of the Infinity Gauntlet, which he backed up by being totally uneffected by its power when it destroyed Eternity, Lord Chaos and Master Order away as if they where insects, not to mention he had the power to cancel the Gauntlets effects out with a single snap of the finger and ordered that they never work together again in this universe.

how the hell can a guy like this serve some damn Celestial are you freaking crazy? all the info you have amassed is of the celestial and just that. not the true TOAA

manjaro
in fact pic of celestials i believe the one at top left blure yellow is thier One Above All

manjaro
this is but a third TOAA of the Soul Survivors

The One Above All is of unknown origin (You can make up whatever you like. I'd guess he could be a Celestial, who got tired of all the judging, etc. and decided to settle down). It dwelled on Templeworld, and it was immensely powerful, and provided lifegiving energies to several planets for an unknown length of time. It eventually sacrificed its life to provide for long term defenses for Templeworld. While the One Above All gave his power willingly, all other "gods" of the Soul Survivors were captured and used against their wills.

this one is from temple world. A place where Their greatest treasure was an immensely powerful being known as the One Above All. They worshipped him as their god, and he willingly supplied the energy necessary to sustain their world's fragile biosphere in exchange for feeding off the psionic energy generated by the Deonists' worship.

Beyonder
manjaro is correct. I'll help clear this up. There's a Celestial called The One Above All. However, LT represents another being who's known or LT refers to as The One Above All. If you had read The Infinity Gauntlet series you'd know that was so. The Celestial with the flat face and appearing in the colors yellow and blue is the Celestial known as The One Above All. He and Ziran the Tester, along with other cosmic deities, fought Thanos w/ the Gauntlet. Furthermore, these two were also present when Warlock was on trial, overseen by LT. LT mentioned he represented a being above (TOAA) Warlock w/ the IG -WHILE THE ONE ABOVE ALL CELESTIALS AND ZIRAN THE TESTER WERE PRESENT.

HERE'S A PIC OF THANOS KICKING BOTH CELESTIALS' ASS.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2009582

Cosmic_Beings
Ok, so if he sacrificed himself to supply long term energy to something, he OBVIOUSLY is NOT more powerful than the Living Tribunal, who can do whatever the hell he wants, he can destroy a universe, he can supply all sorts of energy. This loser had to sacrifice himself just to supply some energy to something. People are saying that TOAA is more powerful than the LT, which ins't true.

And Manjaro, the reason I made this thread is to prove that the LT does NOT serve anything, and that TOAA is NOT more powerful than LT.

Obviously.

Where did you find that pic, by the way?

Beyonder
He said this was but a THIRD TOAA. It happens in comics sometimes, just a reflection of life. Hell, there are a bunch of people in the world running around the the same first, middle, and last name - it doesn't mean they're the same person and you know that.

Here's proof:
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/n/nimrodi.htm
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/n/nimrodii.htm

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/mentori.htm
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/mentorii.htm

manjaro
yes, the Celestial TOAA is clearly seen getting his ass handed to him with the infinty guantlet. sooo........if this is the one and only TOAA how the f*ck can he get his ass kicked with the IG that LT later canceled out, with power he was imbued with by,(gasp!)TOAA.

Cosmic_Beings
So what you are saying, Beyonder, is that there are two seperate TOAAs, that one is a celestial, and the other is what LT likes to refer as his superior?

And that pic was interesting, but it proved nothing. Can you provide a pic of LT saying that there is something mroe powerful than him? Also, can you provide more pics of Thanos handing Cosmic ass? I wanna see him kill LT, Eternity, Galactus, and whatever else he killed!

Beyonder
Thanos kicked everybodies ass except LT in Infinity Gauntlet series.

He beat everyone else including LT in The End.

As for pics of LT refering to TOAA, I don't have a scanner and am to lazy. But this happened in Infinity Watch #1.

Here's pics of Thanos (scroll down to fight):
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300696&highlight=Thanos+pics

Cosmic_Beings
For some reason, Infinity, Oblivion and Veritus never appeared. But now I know what happened.

I'd like to see Thanos ripping a new one in the Living Tribunal in The End. I read about the The End storyline, and it is kind of stupid. I mean, the Heart of the Universe is in a spaceship gaurded by some aliens. Thanos, Hulk, and Dr. Strange break in, and go undetected until Hulk thinks a robot is attacking him, which it isn't, so he attacks it. Then all the aliens are alerted, and Thanos punches through them until he gets to the Heart Of The Universe, which gives you omnipotent power, and he jumps into it. What the freaking hell is that? Becoming the all powerful god that can go anything, even kill the Living Tribunal, from an artifact THAT IS BARELY GAURDED BY A COUPLE OF ALIENS? What the hell is that? No one was guarding it, and then he becomes more powerful than anything!

I want to see Thanos owning the Living Tribunal.

Katt
You want proof?
How is this then?

Katt
And here's Thanos owning LT

Cosmic_Beings
When the Living Tribunal said that he represents forces that dwarfs Adam Warlocks might, he was obviously just talking about himself. Its not like he had to threaten Adam Warlock with something that is more powerful than the Living Tribunal itself. No, he was only refering to itself when it said that.
And then he says "My authority comes from on high", he was also just talking about himself. He is the highest power there is. And nowhere there does it mention "The One Above All". TOAA is a Celestial, and over the course of time, someone, somewhere, made the mistake of thinking that 'TOAA' is something higher than The Living Tribunal. There is nothing higher than the Living Tribunal, except the Heart of the Universe, which is only an artifact. Which, from what I read online, was EXTREMELY easy to get, because it was being guarded by lazy, lackluster aliens in a spaceship. I mean, power greater than the all powerful one and only LT who exists in the entire multiverse, THAT easily? Give me a break!

Well, I think I have proven my point on The One Above All matter. LT is the highest, TOAA is only a celestial, and LT never said that he serves TOAA, ever. It was just a mistake, there is no third TOAA. People just started saying it, and it spread.

Katt
laughing out loud

OK dude. Whatever you have to say to yourself as long as your satisfied and happy.
I see there's no changing your mind about this, so I'll just drop it and we can get on with our lives wink

Katt
Oh and btw check this out. http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Living%20Tribunal

Cosmic_Beings
"Living Tribunal is the most powerful being in the whole Marvel Universe, he is more powerful than combined Marvel Universe."

See? You proved yourself wrong. HE IS THE MOST POWERFUL BEING IN THE WHOLE MARVEL UNIVERSE, which meand that there is no one above him at all.

Someone please get Stan lee or Jack Kirby in here

leonheartmm
uhhhh, actually, living tribunal is not the most powerful being, he couldnt lay a hand on thanos when he had the heart of the iniverse, and neway, living tribunal's judgement was thwarted by korvak once, and lets not forget that LT says that he REPRESENTS forces that dwarf the might of the infinity gauntlet, surely, REPRESENTS means that he is not talking about himself. and neway, didnt THE END, aknowledge of the power of the one above all after thanos used the heart of the universe to destroy all existance and time, including the living tribunal.

Katt
Point taken. But you were trying to prove that there was only a Celestial called TOAA.

"The Living Tribunal is an omnipotent entity that is empowered by an unknown force, the "One Above All = God ", to pass judgment on beings capable of changing the universe"

That was my point. That LT represents a higher being.
I still belive that there is a more powerful being in marvel universe. That being is "One Above All = God". Not the damn Celestial.

Okej?!

leonheartmm
ur right on the spot KATT

Cosmic_Beings
But never in Marvel history has a higher being been mentioned! He says he represents a higher power aka his own power (and you know that it's probably the way it is). In all of Marvel's discriptions of LT, it says HE IS THE MOST POWERFUL THERE IS, PERIOD. They never say there is a higher power, EVER. Only the LT. The LT says he represents a higher power, but I think that he is jsut talking about how his power is higher than Adam Warlock's, who he was talking to at the time.
Just think about it. Marvel says LT is at the top, nothing further. Marvel never said there was anything higher.

SOMEONE GET STAN FREAKING LEE IN HERE SO HE CAN CLEAR THIS UP LOL

FeceMan
If I was the Living Tribunal, I would throw a party and post spam.

JuggernautFan
i dont think "the one above all" is LT's masters name. i just think he is refered to as that. since he is....... above all else.

the celestials name is TOAA (refering to other celestials i suppose).

LT does serve a higher power. and thanos was given his power (The heart of the universe). which did usurp LT.

if you would like READ it (instead of on the internet) i can sell you a copy of "The End" in book format Cosmic_Beings.

Cosmic_Beings
I don't have a credit card yet, so I can't buy it.
But if t is true, that the defenders and thanos just went on some ship and he umped into the heart of the universe, if it was that easy to get power beyond the Living Tribunal, all I have to say is LOL

crazy
yea i found that kind of easy and really made no sense

Cosmic_Beings
I'd like a pic of when Thanos gets THOTU

JuggernautFan
it did kinda happen that way. but thanos was given the power. it was set up ( a behind the scenes deal ) by TOAA (Not the celestial, but LT's master) so that thanos could destroy then recreate everything in existance.

JuggernautFan

Katt
Thats not when he got THOTU. Thats when is absorbs everything.
And it's not actually called The Heart of The Universe.
It was just Thanos that give it that name. It's what HE called it.

If you can't afford to buy the comic and just wanna read it i suggest you download it on DC++ or elsewhere.

manjaro
dude LT is the most powerful being in the marvel universe with a physical body, as for the the Third TOAA i was merely showing you that it was just a title that ppl throw around all willy nilly. im starting to suspect that the whole time you were just being sarcastic, cuz there's is absolutley no way you could still deny the existence of the True TOAA when there has been so much irrefutable evidence. i mean, ive been hearing about TOAA since i was in 7th grade man! it doesnt make any sense to me that everyone, including the internet would pull something out of thier ass like this. someone even posted pics of LT saying he represents forces tha dwarf the might of the IG.

definition for the word REPRESENT.
"To serve as the offical and authorized delegate;to be an agent for"
if LT was talking about his own power why wouldnt just say im am "god" and i empowered myself?

leonheartmm
very true manjaro, and since LT was destroyed by the THOTU, we can assume that there is a higher being then LT.

eleveninches
THere is a higher being than the LT. He is called the 'comic book writer' and he lives in the alternate universe of 'the real world'

He is able to dictate the fates of all other comic book creations

leonheartmm
LOL

Evangel94
laughing laughing laughing

eleveninches
I always used to think that the one above all was a celestial before i came onto this forum. Probably because of the way that 'Universe x/earth x/paradise x' treats the celestials.

Wynndar
wow...this is awful...I want cosmic being and manjoro to read this really slow...honetly I wasnt aware of the TOAA celestial until pretty recent. However, there is a being who represents a God like presence in the marvel universe...LT is almost the top guy,,,,however, he has no dominion over the beyonders, and he has repeatedly mentioned that he serves the one above all...again, there are two characters refered to The One Above All..one is a celestial and one is basically God...even after Thanos aquired THOTU he was not worth recieving the attention of this character...TOAA celestial is strong, but honestly i dont think he would beat Galactus one on one...certainly not Eternity since he is the one who created him.

Wynndar
oh and what did u mean by " the horrible TOAA all mistake" were u refering to this thread?

manjaro
umm why do I have to read it slow when we both agree on the same thing

Wynndar
u were both confused about the same thing...but i can understand how someone on this forum, not aware of who the higher TOAA would read comments about him being higher than eternity and be like WTF...TOAA celestial was created and is not even close to Eternity and certainly not LT, u guys were right about that.

Mider
The one above all is really confusing in marvel comics : / in marvel universe: the end Thanos supposidly revieced the powers of the one above all and the LT was unable to do anything against him but i dont know what thats about : / supposidly the infinity gems were also one single entity who killed himself out of lonlyness so i guess there are two the one above alls cause for sure i know that there is a celestial named that but the celestials are weird exitar is supposed to be more powerful then most yet he takes orders from that judge dude : / do i dont know

Alpha Centauri
Maybe T.O.A.A is just like a God of God's. Not necessarily seen or appeared but acknowledged by the higher order beings in the Marvel Universe (L.T, Et and Inf etc).

Who knows? I can't possibly solve this mystery......can youuuuu?

*Points to screen*

-AC

leonheartmm
the being that killed itself out of loneliness was the infinite being, it was a being created by the one above all, when it dies, it created the whole universe and all the abstracts in it, but that wasnt the one above all.

eleveninches
Well, Thanos was able to obtain the HOTU, and gain the power of the one above all, so why couldnt the celestial TOAA have done the same thing. Maybe the celestial TOAA got the HOTU long before Thanos did, and thats how he became the godlike TOAA, and then forced the LT to be his servent.

manjaro
uuummmm...........how 'bout no?

leonheartmm
i agree, the celestial and the true TOAA, are different

eleveninches
I dont see why they have to be. Thanos obtained the power to become a god, so why couldn't the one above all have done the same thing

leonheartmm
hmmm, maybe because TOAA{celestial} has never really displayed that kind of strength, secondly because he is officially and was officially always rated below the dreaming celestial{and the other giant celestial guy}, thirdly because he wouldnt really be a celestial anymore if he had that kind of power, and finally, this type of thing would have made a big impact in the comic world and there would be lotsa people inspectin about it, but it hasnt happened yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.