Firewall/Browser Problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agent Elrond
I used to be using Mozilla, but then randomly it stopped working. It gave me the error: no connection could be found. Well, IE works fine. So, I tried another browser (Avant) and still couldn't connect. I think it has something to do w/ my firewall. Now for the fun part. I use Nortan's Firewall, and for some reseaon, it's not working right. It says the firewall is disabled. I can't modify anything, since I get the message that I have a restrictive account. How's that happen, I don't know. Now I don't know what's wrong.

I think it has something to do with the Windows Service Park

yerssot
reinstall?

Clovie
WinSP is evil erm

Jedi Priestess
THats my opinion as well. Caused my original hard drive to crash and burn in flames it did. Needless to say its not going on this one.

dave123
ok, get your admin account to open norton firewall, then on the options setting, tell it to allow mozilla access to the net

TOH
SP2 made an update in your Xp firewall. If you want to use another firewall, disable XP's one first. (or forget SP2 - better way IMO!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.