This girl i really like.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

reid
Ive known this girl for about a month and shes alot like me. In class I feel really comfortable around her and I feel she is very comfortable around me because shes smiling around me when before I didnt sit by her she was shy. I asked her for her phone number but she seemed like she didnt want to give it to me and she didnt ask for mine... I called her up when she got to the phone i told her who it was and she said "Who?" I took that as a very bad sign because she didnt remember my name, but thing is I dont remember even giving her my name.. after that the call seemed to go pretty good, and I called her again a few days later and she knew it was me this time and we talked about video games because we both like video games, but there were a few silent spots that felt awkward and at the end she seemed to have something on her mind because I had to repeat what i said a few times when finaly I said "If youre busy, then Ill talk to you tomorrow at school, OK?" and she said "OK, bye." She also has NEVER called me (she has my # now) which kinda sucks cause i think that she might not be very interested in me. I know this seems really bad but read on.

This week was great we talked alot and she laughed at ever stupid thing i said even though i knew it wasnt that funny and she was smiling at me alot and looking at me. When i wouldnt talk to her 1st she would talk to me 1st, I was like whoa, does she like me now?" When i was working on something she would look over at me alot to see if i was still doing something then wait till I was done to talk almost like she really wanted to talk to me. She wanted me to draw her a master cheif becuase she likes Halo ( How cool is that!) but it turned out bad and we both laughed at it. Also shes been touching me lately like when my arm was in the way she didnt tell me to move my arm, she accually grabbed me and moved it away so she could see her paper. (we were correcting eachothers assignment) I took that as a good sign. Also when we talk to eachother she looks like shes blushing and she looks in my eyes then looks away once it has been to long. When she leaves the class she seems to take longer then she used to kind like shes waiting for me but I take to long and she will leave while looking at me. I have also walked her to her next class a few times and we will talk and laugh, but when I say bye she doesnt look at me and just walks into her class... Over all we have been getting along pretty damn good lately.

Heres a problem though, my friend keeps saying "Hey your girl friend is here." and I tell him shes not my girlfriend and also tell him "Do you like her?" because he was wondering what her name was. He was asking me what her name was and I told him to ask her himself and he didnt want to because he got embarrassed when finaly he asked her name. Now when she and I 1st met it was kinda hard to talk to eachother but since im friends with both of them it seems like they have an easier time talking to eachother even though they just met and kinda makes me think she thinks "hey this guys alot easier to talk to then him." (Him being me) But i dont think they could talk to eachother that well if I werent there. She also laughed at a stupid thing that he said which makes me think she laughs easy. She and my friend only talked for 1 day though but she talks to me everyday so that made me feel better. I also think my friend likes her cause when im done talking to her he will whisper "nice." wink at me then ask me if I like her.

Ive decided i wont call her this weekend and see if she calls me but i dont think she has time cause she works. Is that a good idea or not? Please tell me if she likes me in just a friend way or maybe a boyfriend way or even if she doesnt like me period because she is giving me a crap load of mixed signals. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING BEFORE YOU REPLY!THANKS! Oh yea btw She is 16 and Im 18, is that too much an age gap? Its hard for me to make friends my own age cause i was held back in the 7th grade so..

Mane
no way am i reading that!

umm...wine her, dine her, 69 her...

pr1983
laughing out loud mane, good idea

seriously, i read it, only one way to find out dude, ask her

§pearhead
wow, you could at least pretend to care...confused

about the age gap thing, not a problem...and call her, I'd say erm

Captain REX
Asking is always the best way.

You'd think I would make a thread like this...but I actually got a girlfriend that I'm happy with...what are the chances of that happening?

<<Solo>>
Yeah the age gap is nothing.

EmSixTeEn
well, i had a long enough attention span to read the first paragraph...

now, it doesnt seem that you two are connecting too much over teh phone, and it doesnt seem she wants to talk to u on the phone, so what i advise you to do when u talk to her next time, plan out what u gonna talk about.... ask her how her day was, then when she says something, try to think of something that has to do with that take this for an example:

hey! how are you?

im so happy! i just got a dog!

really? what kind of dog is it?

its a poodle, and its sooo cute!

i know someone who had a poodle before, very up beat dogs... never really liked me though, it kept biting me whenever i came over

ahh, that sucks

never had that much luck with animals, i got attacked by a cat when i was young...

ha! what happened?

(keep talking, changing the subject to what was said, but kinda different)

pr1983
age is only a number, as long as u both legal u ok

EmSixTeEn
lol, you mean over the minor age?

reid
Emsixteen, thats a good idea but ive tried planning out what i would say like talk what she said in school but i always end up talking about something else. Anyone think I got a chance with her? btw I would take her giving me her number as a good sign but I sit right next to her so I dont think she would give me a fake #. I really think we have been getting along very well lately but I dont wanna straight up ask her if she likes me cause we were talking on the phone and she said this guy she knew for 2 months told her he loved her and she said she didnt wanna hear from him again.....She also said he was ugly though heheheh.

EmSixTeEn
ask for her number tehn, if she says no or gives you a fake one, she only likes u as a friend, a school friend

Chelsea23
A girl's point of view....call her this weekend. Some girls are scared to call guys. I think she likes you though. It's kinda obvious. IMO

And no, 16 and 18 is not an age gap...so thats totally coolwink

Captain REX
Not me is it? stick out tongue

Chelsea23
What do you mean? stick out tongue

BackFire
Give her booze and lots of it.

Captain REX
Nothing of course, you think I have meaning?

Chelsea23
Have to every once in a while

reid
another problem though, I was talking to her on the phone and I said so you really like games? She said "what you dont believe me cause im a girl?" and i said " I dont know many girls who like video games." especially girls who are really into games (like she is) then she said "well, that probably why i get along with guys more." I never see her walk with any other guys at school though so im guessing she doesnt have many guy friends at the school atleast. Also she doesnt really talk to anyone else in our class (everone surrounding her our girls though so I assume thats why) She was also asking if I thought this 6' tall girl was cute and said "You cant tell me you think that shirt is attractive." it was a real short black shirt. Like 2 weeks ago she asked me if i was going to homecoming and I screwed it up by saying " ______ keeps asking me to go with HIM." hes only joking obviously, she laughed pretty good but what if she was asking me to go with her.... I called her up and asked if she had a date (1 day before the dance, what an idiot i am) and she said she does have a date but she just said " im going with this guy named_____" and didnt say anything else about him. She hasnt talked about him ever since so I assume she isnt seeing him. wow that was long too.

Captain REX
Nope! stick out tongue

Well, reid, just ask her. Duh. stick out tongue

mailedbypostman
Unfortunately, i have no clue on what to do in your present situation, maybe you should just go for it.

Chelsea23
Get on AOL! stick out tongue

And for once, I agree with Rex on this one...talk to her, ask her out or something. Make some kind of action! But not a big dramatic actionwink

Darth Revan187
I don't care about you or your stupid girl problems

mailedbypostman
Then why are you here?!

Darth Revan187
I am here for the sake of argument

Chelsea23
reid, if you need anymore advice, just ask smile

reid
thanks guys. I want to ask her to play basketball with me over at my house ( I know she loves basketball) but I know she has to work so I dont know when to ask her! I think she has day offs on tuesdays and wednesdays so how should I got about asking her? I was thinking like "hey did you try out for the basketball team yet?" ( I know she wants to) then when she tells me yes or no then I ask her if she wants to play some basketball over at my house after school. What do you think? BTW im asking all this cause i dont wanna screw this up with her. geez i probably sound desperate.....

vaya_the_elf
Did you ask her yet?

Nienna
You could at least be polite, or not post at all.....no expression

reid, I think she likes you, just ask her yes yes

And I somewhat like a guy who's 15 and I'm 13, it's not that big of an age gap. stick out tongue

And also, basketball is the best sport ever eek! I made the team at my school happy

*cough cough* Anyway....back to your life ninja ninja

reid
bump

PippinTook
Uhm...Well, I read the first paragraph...Then my short attention spam problem kicked in and I gave up reading the rest. blink

Uhmmm...so yeah, I'll just agree with everyone else....ask her....I'm not sure what they're telling you to ask, but whatever. confused

Spicy_Mchaggis
.....and chicks say there not confusing. i have this problem alot. ill meet the perfect girl at skool then one day she will be flirting with me then the next day just completely ignore me. the age gap doesnt really matter. just say my famous line..... do you have a boyfriend? do you want one? then she will probably laugh then ask her out. its better to be rejected then never know what it could have been.

Mane
id take rejection over regret anyday.

reid
You really need to read the whole thing.... some more advice anyone?

Spicy_Mchaggis
dude i did read the whole thing. and got a headache from all the confusion of it. if you feel comfortable around her and you feel confused, that my friend is the start of a beautiful relationship. love

steely balls
haha oh man i know exactly how you feel, i'm going through the same thing right now, mixed signals, she likes me and another guy, lots of mixed signals, i'm a junior shes a freshmen, we have a shit load in common, and wow shes amazing, anyway i just wanted to tell you your not a lone

reid
I was talking about pippntook not reading the whole thing. Anyone know for things that I should look out for, like body language, or how she talks to me?

Antoinette
Yeah...just ask her out...grls expect the guys to call..so call her when ever you feel like you need someone to talk to...jsut be confident and if she says no then maybe theres hope in the future...good luckbig grin

eleveninches
That would work
cool Happy Dance cool

Londonboy7
At least you gat up the nerve to call her, and talk about more then politics whitch is my case

reid
Yesterday she wanted me to pick her up and take her to the library to use the computer but I suggested she come to my house and use mine and she agreed =) Problem was before I went to pick her up I got locked out of my car.............. I was cussing so loud the whole neighborhood could hear me. Anyways i tried to push the window down with a screw driver and i broke my window. I took my moms car ( im insured on this car too) and went to pick her up even though my hand was bleeding like crazy and I rapped a sock around my hand. Yea that was a horrible day but we ended up talking alot and we played halo too so I guess it kinda evened out. I hope girls like guys who dont give in to pain, hehehe.

Mr Wiggles
ahh... nice, also, girls like guys in pain you should see all the girls that hang around this kid with a broken leg.... although, you shoulda been all 2f2f like and break the window by wrapping your shirt around your hand..... but still, good enough

girl that likes halo? thumbsup

shellie
ive been reading your post since the beging and this is so cute...you really have it bad for this girl . im sure she is very special . it reminds me of when my husband and i was you're age .

just keep being you.....but try to relax . ask her out . this was a great start really...invite her over to play Halo again...or like you said ...some basketball...she may be waiting for you to make the first move....as in asking her over or to go out...some girls are like that .

as far as the age..thats fine too . things will work out for the better no matter what happens . if she isnt interested in something more...then sounds like you have a real good friend.....i think she may be though...go for it...take a chance .

dude just make a move on her already...i hate to burst your bubble but you sound like a 12 year old boy with a crush. You're not in junior high anymore, take her out to a party or something, go to her house, get alone with her and just make your move. If you keep thinking about making a move, and keep analyzing every little thing she does you're jsut a) gonna get paranoid b) gonna dig yourself deeper into the friendship hole and c) waste your time ....make a move so that way you'll at least know where you stand...and do it soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.