no halloween in seattle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mc pee pants
the elementary schools of seattle would not be observing halloween this year. the superintendent said that halloween is offensive to the wiccan religion.

WHAT THE F*CK?!? what is this country become of when our children can't even be children. i mean, yeah it's only in school and they can still be doing it outside, but come on... the kids were probably looking forward to halloween since the beginning of school. they probably don't even know what the f*ck wiccan means, moreover it's practices.

BackFire
**** the wiccan religion, let those kids have candy and get over it. Fascists.

lil bitchiness
I think this would be better in GDF.

What exactly is 'stopping children in school' do? They're only children, haloween is still gonna go on...pointless forbiding them not having one in school.

§pearhead
...wow.

i hate political correctness...

mc pee pants
my point is they're just kids. what the hell do they have to do with offending the wiccans? this is the only time of the year when they can binge on candies and dress up like they wanna be (and they probably wannabe a super ranger all year round). stopping them in school probably won't do sh!t, but it's just assinine... 'casue it won't do sh!t. and if somebody gets offended by halloween, they'll protest for sure. i haven't seen a million witches march lately...

lil bitchiness
Yeah, that was pretty much my point too.

BackFire
I have a theory that anyone who gets offended by Halloween is clinically retarded.

mc pee pants
i'm with you on that.

KidRock
Ill drink to that smokin'

WindDancer
I think that superintendent should concentrate more on putting a better education on kids than to create controversy over a dress up like a clown holiday.

mc pee pants
the superintendent could be wiccan and she's just stirring sh!t up to be noticed... ATTENTION WHORE alert!!!

attentionwhore

Myth
Damn Wiccans. I say we start burning them at the stake. Who's with me?

BackFire
That's a bit extreme, not all wiccans are going to be offended by halloween. I think we should just burn the ones who ARE offended by a holidy where kids dress up like batman and get free candy. Retards.

mc pee pants
exactly... let the little sh!t demons go into sugar stupor... they only do it once a year.

Afro Cheese
Yeah.. people are touchy these days. Here in Florida we have Haitians who don't believe in Halloween because their religion denounces any existence of Satan or something like that. Thats what my Haitian friend said so don't go by me as a valid source. But I think it's funny how they denounce Halloween but have no problem practicing voodoo.

mc pee pants
well, basically, the practice of voo-doo is based on belief. if you belive in voo-doo enough, only then it will work.

i heard that from dogma... not really a reliable source, but... yeah...

silver_tears
thumb up

Myth
I have an idea. Lets start a holiday were we dress as somebody or something from a religion other than our own just to make everything equally offensive so everything balances out. I'll be an orthodox jew.

BackFire
I'll dress up as an aborted fetus.

mc pee pants
either buddy christ or disco jesus.

The Omega
I second that.
(See my sig)

Mr Parker
yeah really.how stupid,I hear you,whats this world coming to not allowing kids to be kids anymore? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Agent Elrond
1. What the hell are wiccans? I've never heard of them.
2. Halloween has NOTHING to do with Satan. Most of the ppl who go out are kids, young kids who dress up as Batman or a fairy. Where's the evil in that?
3. What ever happened to Seperation of Church and State? Letting religion influence school policy is wrong
4. That includes ruining Halloween because someone swallowed a Bible Right on

ragesRemorse
Why do we yeild to fake religouns?

I mean if you want to get technical. Christmas is more of a peganistic holiday than halloween. Christ wasnt born on christmas day. He was bron in the spring. Christmas was chosen to celebrate Christs birth to cover up a peganistic day of ritual and celebration. As outlandish as that sounds, it is true.

mc pee pants
people who believe ion witch craft are considered wiccans.

because we're becoming wussies... always thinking that someone will get offended. have we ever thought about that they're not right in the head to begin with?

ragesRemorse
yeah, this country is to concerned with hurting peoples feelings.

Reborn Again
Religion is just an excuse to explain political unrighteousness. Halloween is a tradition that goes back for hundreds of years. It falls in the realm of witchcraft. A dimensional portal opens up in the space time continnum allowing the dead to return to the living. Dressing up as ghosts and goblins frightens the dead into returning back through the portal. Candy is merely a reward for your deeds. SO GIVE OUR HEROES SOME CANDY, GAWD DAMN IT! Allow Halloween to be in your schools, or the dead will rise and eat you!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.