ahem!!!! RED!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lucasfilm
this pic is a capture from webdoc 10

now before you say anything, i know that they use diff. colours during the filming of ROTS to contrast tremendously between the sabre and the blue/green screen.

most all of the shot are against green screen and when it is, the fake lightsabres have a blue stick.

why is this one RED????
why would they choose red of all colours???
hmmm...
i wonder if maybe the sabre WILL be red!

moonwalker741
blue blends in with the green screen.....its harder to catch a blue blur the na red one.....you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out why..

this thread is pointless imho

ctsketch
Ewan's stunt saber is often red in videos as well, it means nothing

and Green Is just Blue with yellow tossed in, they dont go well together with green screen

Cipher
It has been said by Pablo (or someone) that the color of the sabers during filming has nothing to do with the color of the blade in the movie.......

Anakin2Vader
We have been over this before havnt we..

PVS
you are wrong about one thing... "imho"
its not opinion, its fact. a fact which has been stated
time and time again.

Sith Master X
They use different colors to show up better in front of the green and blue screens. Red is much easier to pick up on a green screen.

Jedi Priestess
all I know is those of you that persist in this red vs blue thing are going to be eating a whole lot of humble pie.

Bespin Bart
Or some crap from my toilet...

Stunt sabers almost are never the same color in the finished shot, I hope you know...

hunchy
I am an independent filmmaker and I use blue/green screens. That is exactly what they are doing: using different colored ones, that contrast the backgrounds...the stunt sabers, like Bespin Bart said, are never they same color as they will be after post production.

Bespin Bart
Score one for the Bart-lovers! big grin

The Ones
ahem. 2 red sabers now y would a jedi have a siths saber ?

The Ones
a clearer shot

Ushgarak
Try reading the thread again, The Ones.

moonwalker741
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/chair.gif

PVS
no, actually, we should thank theones.
that pic should put this stupid issue to rest for good.
look real close at it lucasfilm, and please just accept
that its blue vs. blue.

Ushgarak
Oh, I see. Sorry then. Still, pays to be clear when you post.

JKozzy
It's to distingush the sabers apart... why would you want to have a melt of the same color on a rough copy? It'd be much harder to do the effects upon the poles, since they'd have to pause to see who's was who's. Since Hayden is "bad' he gets the red one. Doesn't mean that it's going to be red. Ob1's is green, and it'll be blue in the movie. That simple.

ctsketch
that theory doesn;t work as they both have red stunt sabers...

guiro72
ahem!!!!crap thread

Vympel
You know, you guys would be much better off figuring out what colour Anakin's sabre is by looking at the handle and seeing if it looks like Darth Vader's. Just a thought. If it looks like Luke's from ANH/TESB, then it will obviously be a blue on blue fight.

Personally, I'm hoping for red.

PVS
yeah, i must admit i was misled by the sarcasm as well....

...it WAS sarcasm...right theones? confused

Anakin2Vader
We already know it is Lukes ANH saber and that its blue.... some people just wont accept it

Bagels
Lucasfilm, why does this matter so much to you? Why should you care about something so minor as this, and make such a big deal about it?

EDIT: If you take a close look at the handle in the first picture that theones posted, it is clearly Luke's lightsaber from ANH. Argument closed. It's blue vs. blue.

JKozzy
No.. I see green and red. Perhaps one's reflecting off the other.

Morridini
How can u see green and red, just look at the Ones's pic.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2599210

NateDawgNT
definitely red and red, and even if u did see green and red - by your theory ObiWan would have green?

mephistodesigns
yeah, go watch the preview on the DVD bonus disc. Its red on red so it doesn't blend into the background. Its very clear.

LandoSpeeder
ht*p://www,freewebs,com/starwarsep3/animatic3.gif

Probably fan. I don't know.

Wait a Minuit for the page to load. it will start slow then speed up when the page is finished loading

Jedi Priestess
what is with the 4,000 links? are these all new pics? where did you find all these? inquiring minds want to know

LandoSpeeder
Hours of searching.

lucasfilm
its green on red and the red's just reflecting

PVS
lucasfilm, wtf has to happen for you to accept the truth.
do ewan and hayden have to go to your house with their red sabers
and explain CG animation to you and then procede to beat you over
the head with them?

what is it goint to take???

PVS
the green screen is bright, so it washes out the red of the blade. however, in front of ewans face you see the true color of the blade,
since the bright green does not drown it out.

now let me explain to you that the sky is actually blue, and the grass is green

Bagels
Yes, go on and ignore the handle that Hayden is holding, but please just give this thing up!

Anakin2Vader
Anakin has a red saber in the teaser poster... uh oh... looks like I was wrong on this one

Jedi Priestess
NO he had a red saber in the ATOC teaser poster as well.

Bagels
The red saber is just to give a sense of forboding.

Crow_T_Robot
Anakin having a red sabre in the poster does not mean he has one in the movie. He didn't have Vader's shadow in Episode I did he?

JKozzy
Whos theory, mine? No. Obi-wan would have blue, and Anakin would have blue. They're just stunt sabres, their color doesn't matter.

ESP07
The only issue I have with the blue on blue is that supposedly, by the time of the duel, Anakin has given himself to the dark side. If he has joined the Sith, why would he still have his blue sabre? I hope against hope that Lukas does something else and either has Anakin leave it in the temple after the raid as a way to denounce his aliance to the Jedi or have the duel start out blue on blue but end up blue on red.

captainmidnight
well i kinda hope its blue vs. green, just for the sake of an argument.....

vorphalack
Well I really doubt its one of those things where once you have turned to the dark side you drop everything you are doing and immediately run to the nearest lightsaber shop and get a red one. wink

Seriously, though.....he probably has to make his own saber, which would take a little time. Either that or Sidious has one lieing around somewhere that he'll give him at some point, but maybe thats after the duel when he is gettin suited, you know?

-V

tlbauerle
You're all wrong...Anakin has a puce colored saber.

PVS
i think it will be seafoam laughing out loud

jedijunky1138
fuchsia

PVS
hunter green

tlbauerle
Nope...its sephia

Darth_Decimator
i think it would be awesome if he used 2 sabers against obi-wan red and blue , then obiwan chops off anakins arm holding the blue saber , however anakin continues on with the red saber fuelled by the darkside , then after the duel obi wan finds the blue saber and takes it for luke , i know that itd never happen i just think it would be interesting and to also see anakin keep fighting after losing a limb but not only not giving up as he did against dooku , but fighting even harder and faster as i said before "fuelled by the darkside"

Anakin2Vader
in the AOTC teaser poster the whole poster was tinted red rather than it acctually being a red saber, where as this one is certainly a red saber

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2001/11/news20011112b.html
"The red-tinted image not only conveys a strong connection between the two young lovers, but also an indication that their destinies lie along separate, tragic paths."

I hate to say it but i think im starting to beleive we may see Anakin pre Vader with a red saber

tlbauerle
Okay...I am really trying not to flame here...

How can you say that this:

http://www.hollywood4you.com/images/736920.JPG

Is not a lightsaber.....?

That is just...just....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!

I mean..granted it looks like crap...but you can't deny what it is.

Anakin2Vader
^^^ read again please... yes its a lightsaber.... what I said was the whole picture is tinted red... so everything in the pic is red... read the link

NoMeN
yeah, it would have looked pretty strange if anakin had a blue lightsber

PVS
oh please.
tint has nothing to do with it.
its a red saber because it was meant to be a red sabre.
it was meant to be a red saber to forshadow anakin's fall.
the same as the new poster has a red sabre.

Anakin2Vader
"The red-tinted image not only conveys a strong connection between the two young lovers, but also an indication that their destinies lie along separate, tragic paths."

its very clear that the images in the EP 2 poster are red to foreshadow everything that will happen... but i dont think thats the case with the EP 3 poster... of course him having a red lightsaber in the EP 3 poster does not definitively mean he will have one in EP 3, and im sure he wont be wearing a cape that looks like Vaders helmet.., but it sure does lean towards anakin having a red saber IMO

PVS
he also wont be wearing a cape will he? he will have a jedi robe.
its not meant to be taken as part of the film.

Anakin2Vader
LOL....did you read my post?

"of course him having a red lightsaber in the EP 3 poster does not definitively mean he will have one in EP 3, and im sure he wont be wearing a cape that looks like Vaders helmet"

Im thinking we will see blue v blue and red v blue in the duel... but thats just my opinion from what im starting to see... we dont know anything for sure yet

PVS
you said "a cape that looks like vader's helmet" as opposed to just "a cape". i though you were just being funny.

tpaquin
to argue about the teaser postser's choice of lightsaber color, we might as well argue about Anakin's cloak actually being Darth VAder.

It's a poster. It's not necessarily movie canon.

My personal opinion is that to show the true anakin it would be impossible to show his true, blue lightsaber, because it would be inappropriate in the picture expressing his evil.

Anakin2Vader
LOL we just keep saying the same thing....Just Cause Its In The Poster Dosnt Mean Its Fact... we got it.

Jedi Priestess
does anyone have this in a larger size? And I mean the vertical version like it is here not the horizontal.

http://www.hollywood4you.com/images/736920.JPG

Darth_Decimator
hey JP i have an enourmous one its 1980-2970 , only problem is it doesnt have the text on it

Darth_Decimator
i also have the theatrical poster 2 , also without text unfortunately

Jedi Priestess
I want the text. Thanks for the offer tho. smile

Darth_Decimator
sorry bout that

Bagels
I'd still like to see how lucasfilm can explain away the evidence found in the ones pictures about Anakin's lightsaber handle. wink

Anakin2Vader
^^^I think we know now that Anakin will be using the Luke Ep 4,5 in the duel... now I think the question is will he at some point have the vader red saber like JGriffin reported

tlbauerle
Josh is prick...he is lying and making $#*! up like usual. He will not have the saber until after he is Vader.

Anakin2Vader
^^^ looks like thats one vote for JG being the next SS

BAILY
He can't have Vader's lightsaber yet. He will use his blue one, and if he even uses a red one during the duel. It will either be Palpy's or Dooku's, bc he could take it as a war trophy after killing him. I think the duel will start off blue vs. blue then Ani, to prove there is no turning back for him now will discard the blue one and pull out a red one, possibly Dooku's. After the duel, Obi escapes and comes across the blue lightsaber and picks it up. Or even better, Obi loses his and manages to get Ani's by knocking it out of his hand. Obi thinking Ani cant fight anymore is in for a surprise when the red saber comes out.

tpaquin
Here's an interesting point:

Who cares?

Does it really make that much of a difference?

BAILY
No it really doesn't make a difference. I agree with ya on that one bud. I dont care, never cared and even after I see the movie I still wont care.

tlbauerle
Yeah who cares, but fanboy wet dreams piss me off so I like to discard the dumb fantasies quickly.

Anakin2Vader
well you could say i care... id say im interested to see how this turns out

does it really make that much of a difference?.... well yes and no... I think that it would be really cool to see him really on the darkside and using a red saber vs Obi Wan... but if he dosnt, no big deal...-... but there are 4 pages on this and you yourself seem to keep finding your way in here so... yes people care

Darth Subjekt
BUT WAIT!!!! the all knowing "supershadow" said he has both, so if HE says it, it HAS to be true.....yeaaahh.....well maybe we should all just sit back, relax, and wait to see the film, or see if the trailor reveals something if you just cant seem to wait. personally i think blue vs red. Im sur Sidious would have him make one after joining the sith....but we'll see.

DarthVader
WhO CaReS!!!!!

Darth Subjekt
well if you dont care why are you looking at this? it seems like you do care or else you wouldnt even bother reading this whole conversation.

Crow_T_Robot
On one of the webdocs didn't it show Lucas looking at different lightsabers in the prop department in Sydney including Vader's OT saber? I think that is proof that it will be in the movie somewhere. Maybe it will just be on Vader's belt at the end or something, though.

Darth Subjekt
thats true, but it would be like an ultimate insult to Obi wan and the jedi, if when he's already cut up and obi wan pleads once more to join the light side, and all of a sudden he swipes at him with a red bladed sith saber. That and even in the footage on the bonus disc, hayden is holding a red stick, and i dont buy into all that blending with the green screen. blue is blue and green is green...NOT THE SAME COLOR!!! A COMPUTER CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE!!

Anakin2Vader
^^^ im not sure what you mean but if your saying that you think the colors of the sticks are the colors in the movie your wrong

kremzike
Now that the trailer has been seen, let us all see, and have absolutely no doubts, that the duel will be...

BLUE.... VERSUS... BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As we all should have realized and never questioned.

tlbauerle
Ha Ha...

We can lock this thread and throw it away now...

But first...let's get some servings of humble pie from all the red people.

AntniEllison
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahah i told u that i would laugh at the people that said it was going to be blue vs red n me n many others were right its blue vs blue how it should be

PVS
http://img121.exs.cx/img121/4941/DUEL.jpg

THERE!!!! now please close this thread

moonwalker741
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud

thats good! hahahaha

Boris
Blue v blue still sucks ass, Hopfully when obi nicks his blue one he will whip out the red

moonwalker741
blue and blue is alright,
red and blue SUCKS,
i would have liked green and blue

Crow_T_Robot
I think we've seen blue v. red enough. And wouldn't a red lightsaber on Mustafar have the same problem as Luke originally having a blue saber in ROTJ

Naredhel
Erm, *cough cough* TRAILER

PWNED

Darth Subjekt
well who was the hi-speed butt plug who said that blue vs blus COULDNT work cause they would cross through each other? gee, someone sure knows more than the PROFESSINALS who actually do it huh?

Anakin2Vader
^^^ this isnt the first time we have seen official blue vs blue pics... people seem to be missing the point that the rumor is that at soome point in the duel it will change... or at least that is the rumor started by JGriffin... who by the way posted a correct description of the trailer a while ago... he has been right about 95% of what he has said so sorry THIS THREAD IS FAR FROM DEAD

and just for the record I dont beleive Anakin will use a red saber

Im undecided

:.Space Opera.:
no red, at least not during the duel

JKozzy
Hm... I wonder if...

NOPE!!

lucasfilm
k well check this out!
these are scenes supposedly right after eachother but in his hand/ each shot, obi is holding a different lightsaber in the same hand

lucasfilm
check it

lucasfilm
go boris!!!!!!!

tlbauerle
Yeah...I mentioned that earlier but no one cared to comment. It's the ANH Luke saber in the other shot.

lucasfilm
yeah exactly and have you seen that old revenge of the jedi trailer?
luke is on the barge and stuff, and his saber is blue, not green like it is in the final! so ....

PVS
first thing you have to realise is that trailers are scenes chopped up and spliced back together.

in other words, alot could have happened between those two scenes.
those scenes very well may not be in the actual order as in the film.

anakin has NO saber in his hands, as he is strangling obi with one hand and gabbing obiwans arm with the other.
for all you know, ani could have thrown obis sabre aside and obi grabbed his saber.

but the fact remains....there is no red saber in anakin's hand in this trailer.

kremzike
I noticed that apparent continuity error ealy in my repeated viewings of the trailer. Obi-Wan has Anakin's saber in the first shot, then his own saber in the second. While it does appear that these shots flow together back to back, we doon't know for sure what happens between each of these shots. It's a short trailer, not an entire scene clip. But none of that matters.

Have you seen Anakin with a red saber anywhere in the trailer? No.

Have you seen Anakin with a blue saber anywhere in the trailer? Yes.

Have you seen Anakin using a blue saber in the duel against Obi-Wan Kenobi and his own blue lightsaber? Yes.

Blue vs. blue. Like all the sane people already knew.

I believe the entire duel will be blue vs. blue. Some people like to hope that he ditches the blue eventually and gets a red one from somewhere. That's fine for now because we certainly haven't seen all of the duel. But those who believe it will be strictly red vs. blue have already been proven to be 100% wrong. Furthermore, I don't know why anyone would've ever thought that knowing what we know from Episode IV and the Ep3 webdocs. Then again, I guess some people don't pay attention.

So, until you get to see some more official, finished shots, and until one of them shows Anakin attacking Obi-Wan with a red saber, it's time to put this baseless arguement to rest.

PVS
amen

JKozzy
Anyone supporting blue vs red... just give up already. You're making youselves look stupider with each new post in your defense.

Sith Master X
Yeah no kidding. Plus, the trailer already shows footage of the duel, and it's blue vs. blue, unless at some point Anakin pulls a red saber out, but that seems very doubtful.

lucasfilm
"but the fact remains....there is no red saber in anakin's hand in this trailer."
can anyone say surprise factor????

PVS
OK FINE!!!!
IT MAY BE A SURPRISE!!!!

but thats it then isnt it? nothing left to debate.
it MAY be a surprise, although there is absolutely zero proof.
this debate can go no further

please close

lucasfilm
yeah i agree... i think this has gone on long enough, im asking for a close. great discussion everyone! thanks

Anakin2Vader
^^^ no close... let this thread live forever evil face evil face ... it cant be killed until there is a official pic with red or until we see the whole movie with no red... and remember there is a base for the argument of red v blue at some point ... the JGriffin report

Darth Subjekt
no....its blue. the topic was about the ob1 and anii fight, not the whole flick.

tpaquin
"stupider" is not a word, and I disagreewith taht fact, and it's not fair to people who are placing valid arguments for Red vs. red, however unfounded, but the fact remains, the past can not be erased. Obi Wan takes Anakin's lightsaber at the end of the battle. That's all there is, folks.

Anakin2Vader
yeah thats what we are talking about red v blue during Obi v Ani

JKozzy
I don't know where you're getting that idea, but stupider is a word... and always was a word... last time I checked. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stupider

Sure, there could've been valid arguments before, but now that the official trailer has been released, there are no valid arguments, except the so-called "surprise factor," which is doubtful. When I saw the trailer, I saw two blue lightsabers. You can't bring "valid arguments" against fact. It's a blue vs. blue fight, and that's that. Like lucasfilm said, this thread should be closed, and will be, since there is nothing else to say.

Sith Master X
Agreed.

jedijunky1138
The proper usage is "more stupid" LOL stick out tongue

Captain REX
Wow, this thing is still alive?

It's blue versus blue, get over it. He's not going to whip out some random red lightsaber, and I'm pretty sure he probably won't have one till he's Vader (which is close to German for daddy! stick out tongue )

JKozzy
"LOL" No it's not.. why would it be in the dictionary? no expression

JKozzy
Spoken like someone with a brain. yes

Heh, daddy... never knew that stick out tongue

:.Space Opera.:
vader is like daddy? wow how do you really say daddy in german?

El Toro
Vater

Crow_T_Robot
Beat me to it.

Anakin2Vader
This thread will live to May 19 or people will keep making new threads.

Ushgarak
Ok ok.

There is no immediate reason to close because there is still a valid POV that says Anakin MIGHT produce a red sabre during the fight. This seems unlikely but we cannot prove it utterly wrong; it looks likely sabres are chaning in that fight, after all.

However, from now on, as opinions have been expressed as far as they can go, can people only add to this thread if they have some solid new evidence to present, thanks?

Deliberate attempts to post without doing that will not be looked kindly upon.

eXSBass
At least we now know it's blue on blue during the duel. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.