Who is Better? I must know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Waggy the Dog
Who is better?

Godspeed you Black Emperor
Mogwai
Explosions in the Sky

I need to score a play, and I can't choose between them.

SeptemberRain
Ive heard Mogwai and Godspeed you Black Emperor and out of thsoe two I prefer Mogwai. I also saw Mogwai in concert with The Cure they were sweet.

MildPossession
Use Godspeed you Black Emperor, got some nice pieces! I like all three, so hard to decide. But I would go with GYBE.

Darth Revan
Godspeed You Black Emperor is better yes

Waggy the Dog
you know what, I think so too.

I am able to form an opinion now:

1. GYBE
2. Explosions in the Sky
3. Mogwai

{Note: even though, now I know, GYBE is better, what happens after 4 minutes into "Have You Passed Through This Night?" by Explosions in the Sky is so good, that I am having trouble again. If you haven't heard it, I suggest you do so.}

Deathblow
I don't like any of them. That whole genre is too far up it's own ass to ever be enjoyable.

Waggy the Dog
what kind of music do you like?

Deathblow
Metalcore, post-hardcore, punk, prog rock, industrial, death metal, thrash metal, nu metal, emo, goth rock, grunge, hip-hop, electronica, ska, funk rock...tons of different stuff.

I really don't get the GYBE kind of things though.

Mr Zero
The terrifying thing is you actually think all those things you list are different. I see "retarded cock-rock guitar bands" with "hip-hop" thrown in there to prove your down wit it.

You want to see up its own ass... there you have it.

Mr Zero
PS: either GSYB or ExS who are both brilliant - mogwai are totally up there own arse.

Drumdude1167
IM guessing that this is stupid anime crap so im leaving this thread alone, but it sucks

Deathblow
Actually, they are all different. The differences may be more subtle between some, but they're still there. Clearly you have no clue what half of those genres are.

As for your comment about hip-hop, congratulations, that is the most stereotypical, uninformed piece of bullshit I've heard all day.

btw, by using the phrase 'retarded cock-rock guitar bands', you have automatically rendered that entire post completely and utterly useless. Anyone who thinks 'retarded' is a good critiscim of music doesn't deserve my attention.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.