tolkien was a funny guy lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron

PippinTook
laughing out loud Funny haha.

Exa

shadowy_blue
And what he said to CS Lewis when they were in the Inklings,

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge."

big grin

sauron
well apparently he doesnt stick out tongue he saved them big grin

i can remember when i fought shelob with sting (shelob being huge house spider and sting being a rather large needle) hard battle...but i won......just

PippinTook
Oh, that's funny, sauron stick out tongue

eezy45
laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

sauron
funny it was true! remember i told you all in the tig party

PippinTook
I haven't been to the tig party in a while, so no.

sauron
it was before it hit one hunred pages lol so it was a looong time ago

eezy45
laughing out loud then i am sure i did not read it stick out tongue

PippinTook
Oh well I don't remember it haha. Yeah, I stopped looking at the tig party thread after it hit 200 haha. Too many pages to read. I stop by some times though.

eezy45
yea its the biggest thread ever stick out tongue

PippinTook
Most definately. It's possibly the biggest thread on this forum stick out tongue How many pages is it now? 600? 700? haha.

Oops, sorry, we're getting way off topic.

sauron
it is 10054 last time i checked

shadowy_blue
Tolkien's witty humor could also be proven by the hilarious quotes in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books. big grin laughing

Some examples: These crack me up everytime I read them:

1) This is when Aragorn, Gimli, and Gandalf discover Merry and Pippin and start asking them lots of questions (in The Two Towers) "One thing you have not found in your hunting, and that's brighter wits"- that's Pippin.

2) "You don't know your danger, Theoden, These hobbits will sit on the dge of ruin and discuss the pleasures of the table, or the small doings of their fathers, grandfathers, and great-grandfathers and remoter cousins to the ninth degree, if you encourage them with undue patience."-Gandalf

3)"Are we riding far tonight, Gandalf? I don't know how you feel with a small rag-tag dangling behind you; but the rag-tag is tired and will be glad to stop dangling and lie down."- Merry

4)Merry: Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger
Pippin: But our whole life for months has been one long meddling in the affairs of Wizards!

5)Pippin: All right! . . . I know I can't have it, with old Gandalf sitting on it, like a hen on an egg. But it doesn't help much to get no more from you than a you-can't-have-it so go-to-sleep!
Merry: Well, what else could I say? I'm sorry, Pippin, but you really must wait until the morning. I'll be as curious as you like after breakfast, and I'll help in anyway I can at wizard-wheedling. But I can't keep awake any longer. If I yawn any more, I shall split at the ears. Good night!

6: Sam: Not a bird!
Gollum: No, no birds. Nice birds! No birds here. There are snakeses, wormses, things in the pools. Lots of things, lots of nasty things. No birds,

7) Sam: What's the need to sniff? The stink nearly knocks me down with my nose held. You stink, and the master stinks; the whole place stinks.
Gollum: Yes, yes, and Sam stinks!!

laughing Sam has a lot of hilarious one-liners in the book and his funny debates with Gollum never fail to crack me up everytime. laughing

Exa
laughing laughing laughing

LOL I absolutely cant remember the last quote... which chapter was that?

ash007
A true Brit sad

shaber
Sam stinks was in the BBC production too, when they were in the Dead Marshes or thereabouts.

Discos
I always thought of him to have a sense of humour, I mean checks all the "freaky deaky" characters he created....and all of the amusing quotes which are used by the characters

eezy45
LOL! laughing
"1163" says the count big grin

PippinTook
Dang!!! 1163!!! eek! WAY more than I expected! Haha. Shows how much I'm keeping up with it roll eyes (sarcastic)

PippinTook
I just looked and it has 23,281 posts, too!!!! eek! Dang, world record? haha. Wow.....1163 pages....23281 posts..... laughing out loud

shadowy_blue
It was in The Two Towers, "The Passage of the Marshes"..big grin

Discos
I was Tolkiens Jester, he learned his stuff from me...

Discos - instead of sueing him he said he would make creatures which resembles me...*wonder what creatures that could be* *waits for someone to say Gollum*

Exa
laughing out loud

you can also hear him speak gollum on I think this file (mp3 - tolkien reading Frodos and Gollums way to mt Doom) http://www.bag-end.de/sound/frodo.mp3

@S_b thx ^^ smile

BackFire
*cough*

Discos
what, this has something to do with LOTR, just cause Ush got the push dont start with the strictness please no

sauron
yeah i know...tolkien

Discos
he wrote das books!

BackFire
Oh, I wasn't coughing because there was something wrong with the thread or because I was going to close it, I'm well aware it has too do with LOTR, I was merely coughing because the jokes were so completely not funny. You know, like when a bad joke goes off in a film, and someone in the audience does an obscure cough.

Discos
oh, then that is ok,

luckily I dont think me or sauron posted so I doubt it would be amusing....boo to all you amateurs

sauron
lol no he is reffereing to tolkiiens jokes being unfunny sadsad

well, your opinion mate smile

i will just sit here alone...and chuckle at this mans jests while evryone else prods his corpse with sticks

sauron
im re-re-reading the fotr (yes re-re-reading...)

and i found my fave line ever so far

saruman: behold saruman the wise, behold saruman ring maker, behold saruman of many colours
gandalf: i liked white better

Fëanor
laughing ...good comeback... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.