Would you pick your career over having childen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
Or you can always have both.Like most american homes.But what if you had a choice.Which one would you pick and why?
As for me I would have a career then get married and have kids and stay at home.(yes it is a old fashion thought but it is mined!)
So any thoughts on this?Remember this is your thoughts and no answear is wrong!JM Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

lil bitchiness
First my career. After I have achieved something reguarding my career, then I will think about children and husband.

pr1983
children first, as long as i can afford it, kids come before job easily.

quotagirl
Having gone through it personally raising a son who is now 16, well.....
You can have both, but at a very heavy price.
As I crawled my way up the corporate ladder, an extremely able and loveable babysitter taught my son potty training.... not me.
Lord knows why that bothered me, but it did. She was a terrific woman to my son, but she got to see him grow up way more than I ever could. I worried too much about the mortgage and putting food on the table.
So....... with the economy being as it is (and it really hasn't changed that drastically in the last 20-30 years), it's pretty hard to have your cake and eat it too. If you have a child, forget luxuries for a long time if you want to be a "stay-at-home" mom. Or, find a fantastic baby sitter.

mc pee pants
well, if my (future) wife wants a job and kids, that's all good. but i'm not letting a strange lady look after my own flesh and blood. if she wants to work she can work part time and i'm willing to work two jobs. if she wants to climb the corporate ladder, fine... but i'm staying home and raise the kids. i have no problem with that. she can keep all the money she wants as long as she provides adequately. if i want some extra money, i'll just whore around.

yes, the whoring around part was a lame joke.

quotagirl
Hope it all works out for you Mcpee
smile

mc pee pants
thanks...

Ronny
no i want kids no expression not a job

ill just marry some rich dude

lil bitchiness
I seriously hope you're not being serious.

Id love to marry a rich ''dude''. Ideal he would be a photopgrapher or an artist - but rich one.

If i had to pick between photographer/artist or rich bastard - im picking photographer/artist

quotagirl
lil bitchiness........
98% of photographers/artists get rich....... when they're DEAD
Papperazi make a lot of cash, but they're scum.
Artists have to give most of their work away to be noticed.
You'll probably have to settle for a lawyer, doctor or stock broker.
Bummer, eh?

Silver Stardust
She said that she'd rather marry a photographer/artist than a rich bastard...

silver_tears
eek! me too exactly

I dont even wanna think about a husband till I've established myself, and kids are my last priority.

Silver Stardust
Same here! It's like, I'm only 18, getting married and having kids isn't quite at the top of my mind right now. What is is going to college and finishing my education so I can get a good job. And btw, I'm studying art in college happy

silver_tears
Yup, for me school comes first, before whoring around and getting pregnant in the back of a crappy car thumb uphappy

lil bitchiness
Exactly happy

quotagirl> he wont be o much use to me if hes dead. I wont need his money because i will have a creer and a great job of my own. Photographer/artists are people im attracted to because of their creativity (although they mess yu up like nothing else on earth)

lil bitchiness
Indeed!

Thats cos great minds think alike! happy

Mane
i hope i marry someone like Milla! eek!

Silver Stardust
Got that right...

Creativity and intelligence is a lot more important to me than money...of course, this is probably because I'm an artistic person myself. I don't think I could ever go out with, let alone marry, someone who couldn't appreciate my creativity (which can be completely off the wall sometimes, I mean, hell, I make costumes for a hobby and write stories about squirrels taking over the world) or that I couldn't have an intelligent conversation or debate with.

mc pee pants
are you kidding? i couldn't even go out with somebody who can't stand my music. some people are just so narrow minded. i mean, i had nothing in common with this girl. i tried to find something in common, but after five dates... nothing. so being the d!ck that i am, i stopped calling.

silver_tears
I agree with the conversation part yes right on Lana thumb up

carnival_junkie
I dont want kids.

Silver Stardust
Like Milla said, great minds think alike wink

silver_tears
flirt1

CandyKoRn
I would pick almost anything over having children..

ugh.. kids.. ughhhh

silver_tears
join the club sister diva

finti
kids are great.

Clovie
i don't know yet no expression

carnival_junkie
i concur.

lil bitchiness
How old are you now? 16? Id be worried if you actually agreed you wanted children at this point.

however, you might not be thinking that 10 years from now.

quotagirl
You've hit the nail on the head, lil bitchiness

ToMacco
I would give anything to have children.

My career. . . my family. . . my life would go onhold for a child. A little mini ToMacco. It's what I was put on this earth to do.

CherryPie
Yeah, Lil Bitcheness is on the right track in my book marry a rich dude and you'd be set for life, thats my plan, work to be a model find some hotTIE and have smart beautiful kids and after words stay home and be a full time mother and love the husband and keeping up with the important things like bills and all that retarded sh!t and whenthe kids grow up and lead their lives and live with your hot husband and travel the world........*wakes up* oh sorry; fantasy world roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.