Dead and Breakfast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crackerman
Has anyone else seen this film?

I saw it earlier today and was very impressed. It's not a scary horror movie and doesn't take itself remotely seriously but it has some good gore scenes and has some great comic scenes especially the country music interludes. If you have a chance to see it you should definately go.

I've heard it compared to Evil Dead and Braindead, I wouldn't say it's as good as them, not Evil Dead anyway, but it's very entertaining.

Two other good horror films I saw today were Club Dread and Monster Man, I hadn't heard anything about Monster Man before but I would highly recommend it if you like a bit of cheesy horror although I don't think it will get a general release.

I love this time of the year, it's the only time cinemas can show films like these.

dean7879
ive heard its meant to be good.......i'll check it out

Cinemaddiction
Bumping this. I caught the trailer on a DVD I rented recently, and the theatrical release info seems to be VERY scarce. I'm uber-excited to see it.

Anyone got info..?

papabeard
Monster Man is not bad , but Club Dread is of course............Dreadful.

papabeard
Watch the Dead and Breakfast trailer here :

www.dandbfilm.com/dnbpop/trailer.html

New York Times Review :

http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/movie.html?v_id=307588

papabeard
This is released on DVD today, June 14th.

Cinemaddiction
I was just in limited release in New York 2 months ago? How is this possible?

papabeard
ha!, put it on the wrong thread, meant to put it on the Dead Meat thread

Cinemaddiction
Alrighty then, "Dead and Breakfast" is getting a DVD release on September 6th!

Deano
i'll be sure to get it

papabeard

Cinemaddiction
Wow, even a UMD release? They must be pretty confident in it! I had planned to blind buy it, anyway. The trailer was great, IMO.

BackFire
They had a little discussion on this movie during the Anchor Bay pannel at the Comic Con last month, looked pretty neat.

papabeard
6 or 7 Trailer Links :

www.creature-corner.com

Impediment
I just bought the "Dead and Beakfast" DVD last night, and I have to say that this is a great movie!! I laughed my ass off at the campiness and the sometimes downright silliness of the movie, not to mention the gore-tastic scenes with the redneck dead. See this movie, y'all. Definitely worth it. My name is neither Ebert nor Roeper so I'm not going to attemp to write a review here, but I will say that though it isn't phenomenally fantastic, it definitley doesn't suck. Totally worth my money.

romper_stomper
a friend reccomended this to me the other day,he said it was funny as hell,he told me one scene invovled a zombie cow,hell yeah i`ll be checking this one out as soon as it is readily available down under

Deano
just watched this earlier. Supposedly the US answer to shaun of the dead.
its entertaining for sure, kinda reminded me of braindead. i didnt laugh very much, just mildly chuckled. but still it a cool flick and lots of gore!!

7/10

WindDancer
haha!! This movie started really slow for me. But it sure pick up. This film had quite a few homeages (although not acknowledge by the guys who made it) There were chainsaws, boarding houses, young people lost, walking dead, head explosions, drunken rednecks, and of course David Carridine. And there is always one scene that makes you say WTF? It was half way the movie when the zombies do the Michael Jackson Thriller dance. Unbeliveable cheesy, but comical.

Rent it or owned is worth seeing. Great gore! And some good comic moments. A score of 4 out of 5.

Deano
lol yeh that scene was strange.

Cinemaddiction
I watched my purchased copy this afternoon, and I'm totally regretting it. It was incredibly slow to pick up, then it led right into a generic "NOTLD" survival story. The musical interludes got boring real fast, the characters were all bland, and it just wasn't funny to me..like..ever. There some pretty effective gore scenes, but aside from that, it fell really flat for me, and I'll be sellin' my copy.

Deano
yeh i agree. but still worthy in anyones collection

WindDancer
That is why I prefer to rent them Deano. When Bubba Ho Tep was released I didn't rush to buy a copy. I just walk to my near video store and rented it. I like it and bought it . I might do the same with Dead and Breakfast. It had it's comical moments.

Cinemaddiction
I won't want to watch it again, that's why I'm selling it. There are plenty of other movies I'd like to own, that I will watch again, that come before this one.

WindDancer
Maybe you should consider this one as a Cinema second chance?

papabeard
Watched it yesterday, it was ok, nice effects and funny in places, but didnt have any atmosphere, best bit was the undead line dance.

Wolfie
It was a mess of a movie, started as a slasher flick, ended as a zombie film. I thought that added to the comic value. I enjoyed it and may buy it in the future, though I'm in no rush.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.