Here it is, Hulk vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wynndar
I never knew the two had fought but i found some pics of the fight online...I guess it happened in Hulk annual back 97

Wynndar

Wynndar
...he tried the outerspace thing actually....what a dirty fighter...gets what he deserves

Wynndar
there's more

Wynndar
i will show the rest later, when it lets me

JuggernautFan
i just pm'd you to to ask you about this issue...

you are a god. not THE god. but A god. thanks alot

Wynndar
there is more...it wont let me post it yet....it was pretty good though

Wynndar
...heat vision

Wynndar
...how did Hulk know radiation was Gladiator's weakness...oh well, lucky guess

Wynndar

Wynndar
...thats all i got

Wynndar
i dont think Gladiator ever got his ass kicked like that

JuggernautFan
eric masterson thor beat him into unconscioussness pretty bad. he could have killed him if people (i cant remember who was present) hadnt stopped him.

Wynndar
yea i have that...but this is just aweful

spyrokinesi35
well there you go. hulk wins. also don't post so many times in a row man

Tron
Ummm, he posted so many times in a row to get all the pics in.no expression

If there's a way to do it in one post, you should probably let him know.

ScarletSpider
Hulk boxed his ears! Badass!

Arsenal
Will you marry me Wynndar?

Arsenal
Would anyone happen to know which comic those images are from?

Maestro
That isn't the only comic, Hulk has fought with Gladiator.

Cosmo Kramer
Gladiator fought heroes very inferior to the Hulk and always gets his ass kicked. There is no way he will ever win because he is too cocky to hold up a good fight.

Swanky-Tuna
There's remote linking with the dealie.

wrathofachilles
I'm telling you, Gladiator is the poor-man's Superman. Hulk and Thor have made him feel about as strong as his haircut is fashionable.

JuggernautFan
what others is there??

can anybody also tell me where hulk vs. the destroyer (asgardian) happened???

Tron
He fought the Destroyer too? I did not know this.

Maestro
There were special edition annuals that came out which you got with mcdonalds or something, they all feature gladiator fighting spiderman,fantastic four(i think) and Hulk (in a red gym suit if you wanna try and find it).

Beyonder
confused

laughing

C'mon Wynndar, this fight was rigged so that Hulk would win.
1] Didn't this story happen AFTER the Marvel vs. DC crossover? Where Superman beat Hulk's ass? Marvel basically used Gladiator (Superman clone) to save face for Hulk in this fight you posted.

2] How did Hulk even KNOW that Gladiator was vulnerable to SOME KINDS OF RADIANT ENERGY? Where the hell did he get THAT from? His ASS? It's the equalant of Hulk fighting Superman then going, "oh, so you're weak to Kryptonite aren't you?," without Kryptonite being around or anyone telling him of Supes' weakness.

3] Gladiator didn't even use much of his superspeed. From a lot of portrays I've seen of him, Kallark utilizes his superspeed quite efficiently in his fights.

The fight was rigged. Hulk pulled out of his ass a weakness Gladiator never had. Glad's was portrayed as an idiot.

As for JuggernautFan's comment, Eric did win. HOWEVER, HE USED LIVING LIGHTNING TO GIVE HIM AN EDGE IN THAT FIGHT.

Hell even before their fight, Masterson was AFFRAID to face Kallark. Wonder Man came out to face Kallark and got his ASS kicked in. When Masterson Thor and Kallark fought, Gladiator was clearly dominant in that fight; he used his super speed to bust Masterson around like a tennis ball. Kallark was beating his ass badly. The only time Masterson had a chance was when he saw Living Lightning flying over head and used Mjlonir to control Living Lightning as a weapon to stun Gladiator with enough force to stagger him. Then Masterson QUICKLY and repeatedly busted Gladiator's head with Mjlonir until Kallark was unconscious. Then was going to beat him to death (cowardly move - since Masterson only won with LL's help) but was stopped by the other Avengers. LATER ON BOARD THE QUINJET, the Avengers were afraid Gladiator was going to wake 'cause he was stirring a bit. Masterson Thor used Mjlnor to blow a hole throw another dimension and threw Kallark through before he woke up.

Conclusion: Masterson cheated by using Living Lightning (willingly or unwillingly) to assist him against Gladiator. Gladiator would've beaten his ass.

If this thread is to defame Gladiator, nobody has given proof, except for some skewed versions of fights. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MatchesMalone
Excuse me for commenting. I know very very little amount about comics, that's why I haven't only started stupid threads like Catwoman mudwrestling. But, you know, its funny you wrote that beyonder. I was just thinking that if this fight took place at 97, its pretty obvious it was an answer to Hulk getting defeating by Superman. And holy crap, thanks to the links, I saw Gladiator for the first time. You've got to be kidding, is it legal for marvel to rip off Superman that blatently? Marvel was my favorite company when I used to read comics. I lost some respect for them.

MatchesMalone
Excuse me for commenting. I know very very little amount about comics, that's why I haven't only started stupid threads like Catwoman mudwrestling. But, you know, its funny you wrote that beyonder. I was just thinking that if this fight took place at 97, its pretty obvious it was an answer to Hulk getting defeating by Superman. And holy crap, thanks t

MatchesMalone
Why in the world is my message posted twice?

Beyonder
No. It's not both Marvel and DC have copied one another. All companies do that.

DC Marvel
Superman <= Gladiator
Aquman <= Namor
Flash <= Quick Silver
Darkseid <= Thanos
Imperiex => Galactus & Celestials
Doomsday => Hulk

MatchesMalone
If I may ask, does Doomsday keep getting stronger the madder he gets? And I know why two of my messages were posted. Marvel saw my message, so they made a second, not quite as good message.

Beyonder
Doomsday evolves. Kill him once with something, he dies but then his body evolves and he's resurrected and becomes more powerful and immuned to what killed him.

Wynndar
Im not trying to bring down Gladiator...the two comics where he fought the FF are some of my favorites..I didnt write the comic with Hulk crushing him...I was just excited cuz i didnt know it happened.

About the Destroyer...Hulk fought him at least once...while maestro was recovering from being blown up by a gamma bomb, he possessed the armor of the Destroyer and fought the Hulk...it was pretty much back and forth..but i would have given the Hulk the slight advantage cuz he never really got angry in the fight...he was pretty pissed in that fight with Gladiator...Hulk won against destroyer because when the Destroyer was standing in some of Hulk's blood, Hulk made a link with the armor and took partial control of it...when destroyer fired his disintigrating eye beams Hulk closed his visor and the beams fried the inside of the destroyer armor...although Hulk is way bigger than the destroyer, Destroyer seemed almost as strong as the Hulk...the regular Maestro was certainly more of a match considering he is stronger

ScarletSpider
Namor actually debuted before Aquaman.
Thin Man debuted before any other stretching characters too, giving Marvel the edge with that archetype.

The original Golden Age Vision came before Martian Manhunter, and as aliens with weird powers who've come to earth, you might be able to put them together.

SnakeEyes
i did not know some of that stuff
interesting....

MatchesMalone
Excuse my stupidity, but I actually don't think any of those characters are as bad as superman/gladiator. I mean, your bound to get characters with similar powers when they have few powers. For instance only super speed, elastic body, or a being water based. Superman has so many friggen powers. Gladiator copies them and he's a alien name Kallark? Has the one weakness? I mean, they should have given him a reporting job and glasses.

ScarletSpider
His human disguise does sport the black hair, square jawed, and glasses look that Clark is famous for.

MatchesMalone
In your opinion.

FrothByte
that comics doesn't give kallark due credit. im not saying that he could beat hulk, but he should have given hulk a whole lot of ass beating before going down (that is, if he does go down). i do think gladiator should win in a fight against hulk.

Wynndar
hulk destroyer

JuggernautFan
i agree totally with the above couple sentences, and yes it did come out after (very shortly after) superman beat hulk in the crossover.

so would it have been any different if it were his own lightning?? no. would it have stopped him from beating him unconsciouss in less than a page ??? no............ he only got angry also, and then decided to beat him senseless. he also made some rookie mistakes. Living lightning was a turning point in the fight, but it wouldnt have been the deciding factor ....... IMO. but the point is thor whipped him, and badly at that.

mortal thoughts in an immortal body. i'd be afraid to face an alien superman too if i were in thors body. but i bet thor wouldnt be that way.

wonderman also doesnt like fighting.

yes until he got angry/ used his other talents. this is also a less experience thor.

not really....... thor was taking it and making rookie mistakes. happens all the time.

yes, but it still does nothing to show gladiators durability was quite limited. cause he got knocked out in about a page of fighting.

which could have happened without living lightning.

i wouldnt say ONLY. he was also getting mad at gladiator. and he also thought of the people back home. he could have turned the fight around with 1 good shot from mjolnir to gladiators head, but it might have taken longer. but he still could have dropped gladiator without the lightning. if anything the force he hit gladiator with before that should have hurt more than lightning itself.

but it still doesnt change the fact his durability is all but unlimited. he couldnt even stand up to a page of shots from eric masterson. the fight could have gone a billion different ways. but it didnt. thor beat him into unconscioussness. simple as that. quite easily (after the turning point) at that.

well it isnt cheating. lightning is one of his abilities to control. i dont think gladiator would have beaten him regardless.

its not a skewed version of anything. gladiator got beaten to a pulp when that version of thor got angry. he could have did it without lightning which is actually less effective vs. his other attacks he has at his disposal.

Beyonder
JuggernautFan
so would it have been any different if it were his own lightning?? no. would it have stopped him from beating him unconsciouss in less than a page ??? no............ he only got angry also, and then decided to beat him senseless. he also made some rookie mistakes. Living lightning was a turning point in the fight, but it wouldnt have been the deciding factor ....... IMO. but the point is thor whipped him, and badly at that.

Masterson was getting kicked around. He used Living Lightning, who's sole power is lightning, and used him to save his butt. And just 'cause Thor can call on lightning as well, it doesn't mean that lightning from the sky is the equivalent of someone who is a walking lightning storage. There's a difference; Gladiator was hit in ONE SHOT with a lightning container. I doubt shots of lightning from Thor would've weakened Gladiator like throwing LL at him did. It was A DECIDING FACTOR, since Masterson was on the ground as Kallark was about to beat him senseless. If not for LL, Masterson would've not got a footing and taken those free shots. He never laid his hammer on Kallark throughout most of the fight 'cause he wasn't fast enough. It was after throwing LL at Kallark was he able to get to his feet and ACTUALLY LANDED some good blows to the head.

yes until he got angry/ used his other talents. this is also a less experience thor.

What other talents? You mean using throwing LL at Gladiator and using Mjlornir as a wacking tool?

not really....... thor was taking it and making rookie mistakes. happens all the time.

That's all he could do...take it. He wasn't fast enough to lay his hands on Kallark.

yes, but it still does nothing to show gladiators durability was quite limited. cause he got knocked out in about a page of fighting.

...and you think Thor, Hulk, Beta Ray Bill, or Superman can take shots repeated to the head by hammer carried by a nut with Class 100? Getting hit by shots like those after taking one shit load attack directly, I doubt any of these guys would be standing after that either or last more than a page.

which could have happened without living lightning.

...like he did during the first part of the fights? He couldn't even lay his hands on Kallark. He only did that after he got his footing and Gladiator was daze and couldn't react. Anyone with Class 100 and an enchanted hammer could - with quick repeated blows to the head - beat down someone like Thor, Hulk, or Superman if they were too dazed to react.

i wouldnt say ONLY. he was also getting mad at gladiator. and he also thought of the people back home. he could have turned the fight around with 1 good shot from mjolnir to gladiators head, but it might have taken longer. but he still could have dropped gladiator without the lightning. if anything the force he hit gladiator with before that should have hurt more than lightning itself.

So getting mad makes you a better fight? Increases your speed to that of Gladiator's? One good shot won't have turned it around. It would hurt Gladiator's head, but Living Lightning AFFECTED Kallark's ENTIRE BODY (INSIDE & OUT). It wasn't just some blow to some particular part of the body. And again, he was only able to land good direct shots to the head 'cause Kallark was dazed and wasn't able to react. Otherwise, circles would be runned around Masterson.

well it isnt cheating. lightning is one of his abilities to control. i dont think gladiator would have beaten him regardless.

Just 'cause it's one of his abilities doesn't mean it's not a cheat. He grabbed someone and used him as a weapon against his foe. Then was able to get up from the ground and land hits to an opponent who was unable to react 'cause of LL.

its not a skewed version of anything. gladiator got beaten to a pulp when that version of thor got angry. he could have did it without lightning which is actually less effective vs. his other attacks he has at his disposal.

So getting angry means you can win a fight? What attacks? He never landed when Gladiator was fine. The few shots he landed didn't do much. He won only after he'd use outside interference to give him leverage, then contiously wacking his hammer with all his might on his opponent's head while his foe was dazed from that cheap attack.

Furthermore, in Across All Worlds, an Gladiator from the future fought Thor and was beating his ass. Lightning was used and did hurt Kallark but not to the degree that LL did. Thor would've died if not for outside help, who united Blake with Mjlornir after Gladiator had kicked it a mile or so away. In their second bout, Thor did better be even then wasn't winning anything. He only won after Tarene (Thor-girl) assisted him, blasting Kallark with the full blast of her hammer to end the fight. Moments after that, Odin appeared and Gladiator was on his knees informing him of his mission to kill Thor.

manjaro
the way kallark brought him into outerspace like that totally validates the hulk vs magneto thread where mags could do the same. howeevr, i dont think magneto would be ableto survive that soul clap hulk put on gladiator

picoico
Two words:HULK SMASH.

crazyspinz
hulk is way stronger, but gladiator is smarter, unless its prof hulk. but yes hulk smash

MatchesMalone
Manjaro, I was thinking the same. I know almost nothing about the characters you guys are talking about, but thanks to the links Wynndar gave, I know that tossing Hulk into space will kill him. What is to stop Magneto from wrapping Hulk in metal and throwing him into space? I'm sorry I didn't post this in the Hulk/Mag thread, but I was just responding to Manjaro's comment.

Wynndar
Juggernautfan: have u read the Gladiator appearances in FF...u know he and classic Thor fought in FF right?...in the same story when the Dreaming Celestial was manipulating Galactus...if u read the FF appearances of Gladiator u would know that both the Thor and Hulk fights seriously downplayed Gladiator's durability...in his first FF appearance, Gladiator was chasing some skrulls on a mission to destroy the FF...they were just outside the solar system...leaving hyperspace...then they started a cosmic reaction, technology of the Skrull's meant ot create a sun...Gladiator was caught right in the middle of it...the reaction was contained to a limited space by the technology....however, Reed stated the explosion would have consumed and destroyed our entire solar system if it weren't contained...however, Gladiator managed to survive in the center of it...originally, Gladiator was more durable and overall powerful than Hulk, Silver Surfer, Juggernaut, and easily would have trashed Thor...Gladiator punched Thing once and Thing went flying through about 100 cars and could not even stand up..."I...dont think...Ive ever been punched that hard"-Thing, after fighting Juggernaut, Thor, and Hulk about 10 times...under the circumstances, I dont think Thor really has any business fighting classic gladiator...I think classic Gladiator was more powerful than superman...oh and Gladiator also destroyed a planet in 2 or three punches once...he was pissed and it just shattered

Wynndar

wrathofachilles
Thor is still superior to Gladiator, Thing is not to be compared to any of them. Gladiator is extremely powerful, but he's not as good a fighter. And I agree, using lightning is not cheating in any aspect. That's like saying Juggernaut cheats by using the Gem of Cyttorak to be unstoppable.

picoico
Dude, when the heck has Thor EVER smashed a planet? No, given recent evidence I think we all have a bit of rethinking to do.

Of course, stupid planet not hit back. Hulk still smash gladiator. :-)

Oh yeah...I recall an issue of a recent Thor where a time traveling Gladiator almost kills Thor in his human form...he manages to punt away his hammer. I mean, that was perhaps the closest to a definitive finish any fight has come between Thor and anyone else I can recall...no?

Wynndar
those are simply opinions WOA...what do they have to do with the comic events?...Just saying Thor is superior to Gladiator doesnt mean anything...do u have any evidence to back this up?...U made that conclusion but u didnt mention if u have even read the Thor Gladiator fight?....Gladiator survived the birth of a Star and shattered a planet...Thor could do neither...regardless of how strong the Thing is, he has been able to engage both Thor and Hulk, and in terms of a strong hand to hand fighter he is on the same page as them both in the MU...what do u have to say about my statements from the classic Gladiator appearances? You've told me a couple times that your a mythologist, are you being biasly in favor of Thor?...here is the Thing looking just as capable in a fight as Thor...any picture with these three together is going to kick ass!jawdrop

wrathofachilles
Thor is probably capable of smashing a planet. Just because he hasn't doesn't mean he couldn't. And again, he's vastly more powerful. Yeah I would say I'm biased towards Thor, but that doesn't mean I think he's unbeatable. I say he's superior to Gladiator because he beat Gladiator. We've already discussed Masterson beating the hell out of Gladiator *and it's not cheating.* Thor is superior to Eric the Thor. Yes Gladiator can survive a star and accomplish things Thor cannot, but that doesn't mean he would beat Thor.

wrathofachilles
Thing is on the same level in fighting ability, but he's not nearly as powerful as Thor and though his strength is comparable, it's not quite their tier. I mean Thing cannot be compared to Gladiator or Thor because he does not have any of the powers they have exhibited and can exhibit.

wrathofachilles
By the way, what happened in that three-way fight?

Wynndar
Hulk got away...its so funny u keep on mentioning Masterson Thor...r u aware Gladiator and Classic Thor fought?

wrathofachilles
Yes, they fought a couple times didn't they? Didn't they split the battles?

wrathofachilles
Actually I think one was a draw.

Wynndar
? so if ur aware they fought isnt it pointless to bring up masterson?...Gladiator<Masterson<Thor...most people have accepted this is not a rational way to decide who would win in a fight...Thing beat Hulk but Thing>Hulk>Destroyer>Thor>Gladiator is not acceptable.
-Thor cannot shatter a planet in 3 blows...he cant do it in general...equally relevant as u saying he can...its just my opinion, your statement was your opinion too, except u dont know comics as well as i do
-Thor cannot survive the creation of a star...that blast easily dwarfed the power unleashed on Thor by any number of individuals who have beaten him...Thor was killed when he tried to contain the energies of Onslaught and got blasted by a dozen mutants...Thor was KO'd by Thanos in 2 punches...Thor was rendered unconscious by Mangog

finally, my main point is that classic Thor never beat Gladiator...the only way he was even able to keep up with Thor was by using Reed Richard's technology...he couldnt even phase Gladiator anyway...Gladiator in his original battle with the FF was vastly more powerful than Thor..."I dont think I've never encountered anyone so powerful, so human looking" -Human Torch...Human torch has encountered Thor, Hulk, Hercules, Silver Surfer, etc on a regular basis. Thing cannot be considered with Thor and Gladiator because he has not demonstrated the powers of those two?...Hulk has never demonstrated their powers either yet he has wiped the floor with them. Thing has wiped the floor with Hulk in FF#320, does that mean he can beat THor and Gladiator? no...why was Thor even mentioned in the same sentence as Gladiator? he hasnt demonstrated any of his powers either. Produce eyebeams capable of burning a hole in Hulk? no. Move planets? no. Fly through stars? no. Shatter a planet in three blows? no. and i repeat, Thor cannot destroy a planet. Why would we assume he can? He couldnt shatter Ego, he was a planet. He can't even shatter that troll Ulik in three blows. So what Im really trying to say is...classic Gladiator can beat Thor....

Oh and here is that comic book that u obviously havent read

picoico
Vastly more powerful? According to what? Thor has never demonstrated the strength to shatter a planet.

Maelstrom
Hulk may keep getting stronger but Gladiator is simply "All strong" Hulks increases would be like a poke to him. I think Gladiator can take down Hulk by himself with all his powers.

Beyonder
Did you even read what I wrote? Or did you skim it? Masterson used Living Lightning, AN AVENGER'S MEMBER - as a weapon to give him the edge. Gladiator was stunned and dazed with that ONE BLOW. I doubt the everyday lightning bolt from Thor would put stun Gladiator as this one blast. Masterson clearly used outside interference to assist him. Claim it as his power all you want, but Living Lightning is a person - using him to assist in a fight is basically cheating. Hell, Living Lightning himself questioned whether or not Avengers were aloud to use one another for a "CHEAP SHOT" like that. If Masterson had used his own lightning or lightning from the sky - their wouldn't be a problem. Clearly he didn't; he essentially threw a member of his own team - with all their power - at Kallark to get the edge in a fight.

Wynndar
i dont think he realized LL was a person...

wrathofachilles
Gladiator got his ass handed to him by Hulk. Thus that argument was already decided by the writers themselves.

wrathofachilles
Masterson is not greater than Thor in any way. He fights different, he fights dirty lol, but he is not superior to Thor. I didn't say he could shatter a planet in 3 blows, but that doesn't mean he can't shatter a planet. He has exhibited enormous feats of strength and is capable of lifting islands. I know Thor comics as well as you do, maybe more. I don't know Fantastic Four virtually at all. I know Thor can't survive a star, as for Thanos knocking him out in two punches, that doesn't mean Thanos would do it every time they fought. Besides, Thanos is superior to Gladiator. You and your 'Thing' obsession. Thing has beaten Hulk a fraction of the amount that Hulk has beaten Thing. Hulk has exhibited strength that surpasses everyone, Thing has not, thus Hulk is more easily compared to Gladiator and Thor. I SAID that Thing was comparable in strength, but he is the weakest of the group, plain and simple. Ego is a completely different kind of planet, and again, I didn't say he could destroy a planet in 3 blows. I didn't even say he would shatter a planet, only that he MAY be capable of such a thing. He doesn't shatter Ulik because it's Thor. He doesn't fight like that. It's like saying Spider-man doesn't kill Green Goblin in 3 blows so he couldn't.

You're right, Gladiator could beat Classic Thor. But vice versa applies as well.

wrathofachilles
No, I knew Living Lightning was a person, I have the comic, but I misread what was said. Sorry. Yeah that might be construed as cheating. But it happens in fights all the time. Hell, the X-Men and Avengers 'cheat' all the time.

Wynndar
Thing is my favorite character....but believe me i know his limits...when i refer to hi beating Hulk I am refering to after his second mutation where he was actually stronger than Hulk...Thing's powers eventually evolve to an unimaginable height...however, I know present Thing is not as strong as Hulk, Gladiator, or even Thor...strength isnt everything and as far as straight up fighting is concerned Thing is one of the most formidable in the MU..thanks for agreeing about Gladiator

wrathofachilles
I agree Thing is a formidable fighter, but he'll never be stronger than Hulk because you can't be stronger than someone who has no limits of strength. Since I don't know FF comics well enough, is Thing immortal? Can his powers evolve forever? It will take decades for him to be capable of putting a serious hurt on Hulk, and again, as always, if Hulk gets mad enough, he'll shatter a planet or something.

who?-kid
For a short while... stronger than the weakest Hulk... and still was beaten by him in the end wink

Strength isn't everything, my friend.

Beyonder
So 'cause everyone else does the WRONG thing, does that justify it? If others are cheating, they are cheating; it's not a justification for you to do so as well. Clearly, Masterson cheated to win, thus it doesn't prove his skills nor that he won that fight FAIRLY. Therefore, please don't say Masterson beat Gladiator and so would Thor. Thor would win too if he cheated.

wrathofachilles
Thor doesn't cheat, that's my point. I hate when people say Masterson is better than Thor. Masterson fights dirty, he fights like a modern American, that doesn't mean he's a superior fighter. Thor could beat Gladiator fairly, especially now. It wouldn't be much of a contest now.

Beyonder
Of course it wouldn't now. If Gladiator had Odin's power, Thor wouldn't be much of a contest either. Nor would Thanos. It still doesn't prove Thor would beat Gladiator in a fight. They've fought before. Thor hasn't won any fairly. Thor has always stalemated or had assistance in beating Gladiator.

Spiderninja008
Hulk wins after 3 day destruction of most of North America from battling with Gladiator.....I must agree that the writers did go a little overboard when they had Gladiator getting his ass handed to him.....it makes me wonder, cuz classic Collosus (GO COLLOSUS!!) didn't do to bad against classic Gladiator in the Pheonix saga, but Gladiator's strength limit has never been shown either. He just chooses to overcome something, and does it. His abilities seem to mimic the Hulk's where the harder the struggle, the harder the push, without a second thought. But Hulk doesn't get weaker if you make him mad. I'm pretty sure that that planet was kinda small and that Hulk cudve done the same thing.....now before you GLad fans try to lynch me know that Hulk's strength has no bounds, cuz his anger hs no bounds. niether does his healing factor. When Hulk isn't angry and he just tries to get the hell out to get some space and peace and quiet, there is no need for him to become stronger, cuz he isn't any angrier just annoyed. I think the comic with Gladiator played out well, until the whole "I C, your weak to radiation =p" bit. Hulk was seriously pissed about some dame and monster in the past, so yeah, Big Strength increase from not wanting same stuff to happen again since past and present blended together, cuz....hulk's crazy....or maybe not fully mentally stable......or he has a half man half ape brain. Hulk smashes, but he doesnt always want to fight. He gets bored of ppl always after him, so he just jumps miles away to some waterfall to chill w/ the squirrels and chipmonks.......but Gladiator....that is a fight to see. I think Glads would eventually piss off the hulk to no end with his condescending and stuck up attitude (Glads is always like that). Hulk doesn't like bn called stupid, or lumux, or nething else mentally degrading, he reeeeeaaaaalllly hates that, and returns with a knuckle sandwhich that will smash your face in.

But in all seriousness, I believe that they would have an awesome fight that would start off with Gladiator having the upper hand and maybe eventually hand Hulk his ass, but then I think, Hulk would reach a breaking point and cut loose. There after both reach equal levels of strength, therefore makeing the fight last a long time destroying any environment around. Finally, Hulk decides Glads is really pissing him off

Spiderninja008
and then decides that Glads must go at all costs, thus bringing unequaled strength into the fight and eventually handing Glads his hiny wrapped up in his cape like a Christmas present. Leaving everything within fifteen miles of the fight completely destroyed. ........Hulk smash

picoico
Gladitator's strength is in part based in his self confidence. As a result, it's possible to make Hulk the victor by continuing his assault no matter what Gladiator does to him. This will lower his self confidence, and as a result he'll get weaker.

That's how I'd write it. :-)

Spiderninja008
hmmmm, you know, I like that. Also Hulk's hits would only get harder, thus further lowering confidence.

Spiderninja008
Hulk smash

ScarletSpider
But it's not like his self confidence is immediatly shattered. As Praetor for the Shi'Ar empire for a number of years, he's seen some weird stuff most likely, and has faced some grave threats.

Spiderninja008
Like I said, the fight would last a few days, just as long as no other super hero gets involed and takes the story for another corny team-up spin off, (actually I like those, but I'd like to see one of hte fights among heroes finish first.)

Hulk is not a grave threat, he is a threat to the universe.

Beyonder
Hulk ain't winning nothing against Gladiator. Hulk gets stronger, so what? Gladiator's much faster with an array of abilities at his dispossal. Supes beat Hulk with the same power set, so can Gladiator. And as for the confidence issue, your blowing it way out of proportion. Gladiator's beaten guys throughout the cosmos. Fought Thor, Masterson Thor, Colossus, Thing, etc., his confidence rarely shakes. There wasn't any hint of this during his fight against Thor or fighting Masterson Thor. The only time I've seen Gladiator's confidence drop is when characters pull power and knowledge OUT OF THEIR ASS DURING A FIGHT. Cannonball pulled out some move never before seen from his ass and take Gladiator by surprise and still didn't do much to Kallark. Hulk pulled out of his own ass a weakness Gladiator never and beat him with that, not to mention the fight was rigged so Hulk can save face after Superman in Marvel Vs. DC.

How funny in that fight between Hulk and Gladiator where Kallark only used his heat vision and flight to fight. He didn't even slug it out with Hulk, nor used super cold breath, nor super speed. It's rigged; he grabbed Hulk and flew him up into space WITHOUT gripping Hulk's hands in that bearhug, essentially letting Hulk punch his face? He could've easily thrown Hulk into outer space. Rigged fight. Hulk would get his ass beaten down like a whore honestly.

Spiderninja008
lol like a whore, thats funny, didn't know u pimped that way. newhose, first of all, that fight between supes and hulk was rigged, cuz it was voted on (I think it was astablished earlier that the cross over battles between Marvel and DC no longer held in these debates? That's probably y the comic was made, to show how hulk would really handle things. Yes the comic was rigged, but that fight between him and supes was rigged as well.

1. Hulk is not slow.
2. The angrier Hulk gets, the more able he becomes to overcome any obstacle. He becomes stronger, faster, more durable, and has a stronger healing factor as well.
3. Someone like Gladiator would easily piss Hulk off.
4. Hulk has been known to pull power out of his ass, if you read the comics (Abomination {who always starts off stronger than the Hulk}, Silver Surfer, Astroid that was large and powerful enough to destry the world, Imitation hulk who started off stronger than the hulk, etc.) that's what he does for a living......what's your point?
5. Hulk's confidence never shakes.
6. Gladiator did hit Hulk and thought him dead like most mortals.
7. Hulk's un ending and ever increasing rage is more than cannonball can pull out of his ass, cannonball got lucky, but Luck has nothing to do with the Hulk, except staying out of his way.
8. The whole bear hug thing never worked against Hulk, Supes tried it and got ***** smacked by hulk's strength back in the day.

Spiderninja008
Don't get me wrong, I love Gladiator.

Beyonder
So you admit that the fight was rigged in favor of Hulk, yet you also mentioned that the writters wrote it to show how Hulk would really handle things. Fight was rigged, ment to show how Hulk would REALLY handle things...against Superman or a Superman clone in this case. Gladiator never had a chance in this book did he? It's not about being fair and accurate; it's about how the fight between Hulk and Superman should have gone, that is with Hulk the victor.

Hulk didn't pull powers out of his ass, he pulled knowledge of a weakness Gladiator never had out of his ass and used it to beat Gladiator. As for Superman Vs. Hulk, you're right. However, Superman still would've beaten him. Has Hulk ever won in a crossover with Superman? Furthermore, Gladiator was written to fight like an idiot. Hulk gets faster but in no way is he on par with Gladiator or Superman. Superman moves at light speed or faster and Gladiator is much faster than light.

You love Gladiator? Or so you say. You, nevertheless, seem to love Hulk even more.

Spiderninja008
Beyonder: "You love Gladiator? Or so you say. You, nevertheless, seem to love Hulk even more."

....no, I just think Hluk is a potential supreme force in the MU. It's like an old saying,

"The victory does not always go to the fastest or strongest, but to the one who believes he can win."

Hulk doesn't give up, and nothing sways his opinion on winning a match, NOTHING AND NOBODY. Know Y??........cuz Hulk get angry, HULK Smash!!!!!!!!!!!....period, end of story. That's my argument. Not that Gladiator can't win, but Ultimately, Hulk Smash. Hulk has turned over more loosing fights than George Bush has had stupid things come out of his mouth (But what about Poland?!?!"wink.....LOL

Beyonder
Riiiiiight, Hulk Smash!!! That is until Gladiator grabs him and throws him out into space. Wonder how his anger is going to save his butt when he runs out of air.

Hulk Smash!!! You mean like when Ultron blasted him and broke his leg during Secret Wars I. Hulk never gives up, but he couldn't do anything after Ultron messed him up, so much for Hulk's anger helping him.

Hulk Smash!!! You mean like when Juggy tricked him and nearly drowned him?

Hulk Smash!!!...his head into that of Thing's during Infinity Crusade when both bricks - along with a few others - tried to take on Thanos.

Hulk Smash!!! Like he did when Surfer punked his ass by draining him of his gamma radiation?

Hulk Smash!!! Like when Black Bolt whispered into his ears, knocking him out?

How can Hulk get angrier and exceed Gladiator if Kallark beats him before he surpasses Kallark? Sure Hulk doesn't have a limit, but Kallark can still finish him off before he gets too strong. Hulk ain't that Incredible.

Spiderninja008
Ok, first the outer space thing is stupid and far fetched. Hulk isn't gonna just let you toss him into space (that argument was suposed to be trashed in these forums weeks ago). Secret Wars, honestly you may be on to something here, because I never got a chance to read them even though I always wanted to.
In cases of Hulk getting too hurt to fight back, I'll say again, that his healing factor is incredible. U try having all of your skin ripped off and still survive.....he grew it back in a matter of seconds....all of it.....as good as new.....And also Hulk has been speared in his back, through the heart, and out his chest, and quickly dealt with the back stabber permanently. You try standing let alone getting revenge after getting an extremely sharp and dense finger shoved through your body at a high speed. Hulk survive, Hulk brushed it off, and again, Hulk Smash!!!

So the secret wars may have been a bit bias, in order to make the story interesting.
I haven't read much of Juggy's battles with hulk (thou again I have been looking for them) but according to the Ultimate Marvle Guide to the Hulk which I have read, Juggy never beat hulk, and it was always a stand still. (you can get that at borders or waldens) Thanos could crush Gladiator, Thanos could crush anyone, that's why he's Thanos, mute point. And Even Thanos FEARS the Hulk, and openly admits to earlier steering clear of the Hulk due to his ever increasing rage and power. With some of the other infinity gems already in his possesion he was reminded of the Hulk while he faced Champion (with power gem on his forehead making him just like the hulk) and said that he has avoided facing the hulk in the past for fear of his ever increasing power. Thanos would make himself loose by subconciously pissing off the Hulk on purpose.
Silver Surfer is Silver Surfer. Much more powerful than Gladiator, and much smarter than him. I don't know Black bolt's powers or even who he is, so u may be on to something there as well. Gladiator fought Collosus, and didn't wipe him out so easily, Hulk is stronger than collosus and would last longer, and get pissed doin it cuz arragant pricks really piss Hulk off.

Beyonder
Champion is much stronger than Hulk. Champion with the Power Gem would kill Hulk so fast it ain't funny.

As your argument goes for SW I, Colossus lasting long against Gladiator could have been in order to make The Phoenix Saga more interesting and give the X-Men some chances against The Imperial Guards.

Their fight wouldn't last as long as you claim. Three days? So Hulk can get strong enough to beat Gladiator? Most fights don't even last longer then probably 2 hours. They're fight ain't going to last three days. Gladiator would only have to finish him off before Hulk surpasses to a level dwarfing Gladiator. Hulk's fast but he ain't light speed fast. As for intelligence, Gladiator is a skilled and strategical fighter. He ain't stupid. This guy moves asteroids out of the way to clear the space lanes, smashed a planet to pieces, moves faster than light, and is the Shi'Ar empires top soldier. As for throwing Hulk into space, Kallark moves faster than light and has fought at light speed before. He can easily rush Hulk, grip Hulk's hand, and fling him into outer space if he wanted to, unless you're going to argument to Hulk can react at light speed.

juggernaut74
Well I never thought I would say this but in my opinion Gladiator will beat the hulk with realitive ease much like Superman did. The better fight would be Superman vs. Gladiator. And it may be hard to believe but the teenage Colossus did hold his own against Gladiator rather well. If they fought today it would be an interesting battle. Colossus is back with some "rage" as he states it and he would be a handful for anybody to handle. But that would be another story.

juggernaut74
Spiderninja008 in Hulk #402 Juggernaut does indeed knock the Hulk out with some punches to the head. Luckily Red Skull showed up to make him stop or he might have killed him. Who knows.

Spiderninja008
...when did he ever fight at light speed???

Collosus ain't no punk and he fought his hardest ever then to save jean, had Hulk been in his posission he would've gotten stronger with each blow and more resistant to Gladiator's. and the buildng colapsing on them wudn't have stopped the hulk. Glads would be faced with getting his ass handed to him in a red box with yellow ribbons or doing the gay thing and throwing him into outer space. (plz no more rhetoric)

supremthor
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/hulk.htm
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/gladiator.htm

wrathofachilles
Uh, Gladiator TRIED to throw Hulk into space, Hulk stopped him just in time. Gladiator is immensely powerful no doubt, but Hulk manhandled him plain and simple. As to who's stronger, that's not even up for debate. When someone has no limits of strength, there can't be anyone stronger.

Alpha Centauri
The old "Hulk needs time" thing never ever gets old does it?

The sooner people realise that he doesn't need time, the sooner we can acknowledge that he'd whoop Gladiator and his momma. Plus most people...

-AC

Beyonder
Gladiator's fought at light speed plenty of times. He's used numerous times against Thor.

Wrath, you didn't even read any of the arguments did you? You just blab and blab. That fight was rigged. Grabbing and throwing some into space is different from grabbing hold of their body and flying out into space. The fight was rigged so Hulk could win.

Alpha Centauri
Regardless, Hulk would win. Gladiator's power decreases if his self-esteem is lowered. Seeing that he can do jack shit to Hulk would hurt his feelings, then Hulk'd hurt the rest of him.

-AC

Beyonder
Gladiator does jack shit? You mean like how Thor, Abomination, Juggernaut, etc. bricks have mustard up enough strength to give Hulk a fight and at times win. You're saying Gladiator isn't going to do jack shit? A flying brick like Gladiator isn't going to do jack shit when Abomination or Juggernaut can? C'mon! And these guys are slow moving compared to Kallark, who's basically a brick that moves at superspeed. Hulk's ability his anger increases his strength, but that doesn't mean he's never been stopped before.

And please give me instances of when Gladiator's self-esteem has greatly affected his power? It rarely does. Gladiator fought Tyrant and his esteem never dropped during that fight even though Tyrant was taking everything Gladiator got, along with SS, Terrax, etc. Even his fights with Thor, his esteem isn't much of a factor. As for his fight with Cannonball, his esteem didn't drop. It was more like Cannonball pulled a never before seen move out of his BUTT and was able to absorb/redirect and survive that punch Gladiator intended to knock the kid out. After a few more hits Cannonball managed to dish out following that surprise, Gladiator got up and was fine.

Wynndar
he doubted himself for a moment and invisible woman knocked him out with ease.

Beyonder
And how many times has this happened? And why was he doubting himself?

Wynndar
ummm...are you saying you havent even read the FF issues with Gladiator

Beyonder
Which one are you talking about. I only have the one where Gladiator battles the FF and skrulls impersonating as the X-Men.

wrathofachilles
Rigged? Lol, how pathetic. Yes I read the 'arguments,' but the fact of the matter is there is no argument of it being 'rigged.' It's a comic book. Comic books are not 'rigged' genius. You don't like how it ended up, that's your problem. Fact of the matter is, Hulk won, plain and simple. There is always someone who disagrees with how battles end, that doesn't make them 'rigged.'

Beyonder
What are you talking about? Gladiator clearly fought like an idiot in this fight compared to most other fights he's fought. The guy is a more competant fighter than this comic or you give him for. Him grabbing Hulk and trying to fly him out into outerspace, with Hulk's hands free to attack, is either dumb writting or it was rigged for Hulk to win. Glad's didn't even bust him up and he's going to try and fly Hulk, who's in better condition then Glad's at the time, into space?

And if you didn't like the "rigged" - how's about BIAS. As for the ending, Hulk (near the end of that battle) pulled out of his ass a weakness Gladiator never had. Weakness to certain radiant energies? Tell me how the HELL DID HULK EVEN KNOW of such a weakness? Was their ever proof before this fight that Gladiator was "weak to certain radiations?" The guy travels through space and fly through stars that contain different kinds of radiations. All of a sudden he's weak to certain kinds of radiation? It's Bull$hit! And you know Wrath!

wrathofachilles
I never said Gladiator wasn't a competent figher. He is a better fighter than Hulk, but he is not as strong as Hulk, that is why he lost. He was simply overpowered. Most comic battles are 'dumb writing,' that argument doesn't work. Have you not ever been in a fight where you've let the opponent's hands free? As far as radiation, that doesn't matter, Hulk was winning before he put him in the radition chamber. He could have smashed his skull in at several points in the fight.

All comic fights are biased. The writer chooses to let the character he favors *whether personal taste or personal opinion to power* win the fight. That's how it works.

Beyonder
Writters pick and choose who wins, but a beat down like this? Hulk manhandled him; this isn't just pick and choose. Of course they decide on the winner, but that doesn't mean they'd write it as a curbstomping like this one.

Hell, Gladiator lost to Thor but it wasn't a curbstomping like this. Gladiator actually displays a range of his abilities (speed, flight, strength, intelligence, skills, heat vision, etc.) in his fight with Thor, and also in his fight with Masterson Thor. And came out loosing but looking capable of winning during the fight. He came out of those fights loosing but loosing with RESPECT. He's also fight others the same way in other appearance, displaying his range of abilities. In this one with Hulk, all he did was use heat vision, flight, and a bit of strength; the rest was him getting slaughtered by Hulk. He didn't even slug it out with Hulk, somehting he's capable of. This fight made him look like an arrogant noob and made the Hulk out to be a Superman pimper.

Spiderninja008
i agree with beyonder, but I still think Hulk would win. I read a comic where thing faced the Gladiator, and THing didn't last too long, but Hulk is tougher and it wudn't take three days for hulk's strength to increase and at least double, it never has before actually
(cept in gay crossover where pl voted winners....Namor losing to a punk and a whale......pssshhh) Gladiator would set the strength level, and hulk woulld be angered by his assault and arrogance (thinking he could take on Hulk so easily) and smash gladiator, similar to the comic, but not as easily.and not as nonbelievalbe.

Cosmo Kramer
The Gladiator has been beaten far too much to be taken serious.

Spiderninja008
But jugding on Gladiator's past abilities and fieghts of strength, I feel certain writers wanted to make their favorite characters look better by having them defeat Glads.

And oh yeah, Thor also has super speed. And Hulk has never been slow, in fact he's always been too fast for his size, and always faster than his oponents. go to http://photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/?action=view&current=Hulk_avengers_6.jpg

wrathofachilles
Gladiator IS arrogant, that fight had nothing to do with his unbridled arrogance. That's part of his character. I agree he was humiliated, but Thor humiliated him as well. He's a knock-off of Superman, he's rarely ever taken seriously except when he's flying through stars and shattering planets. When he actually fights though, he's often portrayed as arrogant and not fighting with much discipline. In truth, Gladiator is extremely powerful and an excellent fighter, but his character is not really supposed to be respected that much. Hulk is just a superior force and the writers chose to show it a bit more clearly than other times.

Wynndar
U said u read the issue of FF where Gladiator fought the skrulls but u didnt know what I was talking about when I said Invisible Woman knocked him out with one invisible battering ram? Then you made me more suspicious when u said Gladiator never had the weakness to radiation?...this was also observed in the fight with the FF and the skrulls. Are you saying you have read it or that you are just aware it happened?...they r two really important issues if you want to make arguments for or against Gladiator...no other comics define Gladiators powers better...Gladiator was knocked out by a not so impressive attack by IW when his confidence was broken. And he is very vulnerable to radiation. Both observed in FF#250.

Wynndar
Thor never humiliated him to my knowledge. Their only fight, Thor was only able to keep up due to Reed Richards tech...otherwise Gladiator would have knocked Thor out in a microsecond

who?-kid
Maybe, but the fact remains that Gladiator is everybodies favorite punching ball (and Hulk also has been beaten).

(uninspired comic writer) Pff, I'm bored, don't know against who my hero will fight next. Hm, let's see, hey let's pick Gladiator, he's really powerful, defeating him will impress my readers and nobody can stand him anyway. Gosh, I'm a freaking genius !

When you look at the powers of both characters, Gladiator is more than capable of defeating Hulk, but he will walk away with a few broken arms and legs, and probably without the mohawk.

And the Hulk fight against Gladiator wasn't too bad, it's not like Hulk had no problem defeating him, he had to give everything he had, he was surprised that Gladiator was so durable and was even bleeding at the end.

Conclusion: they both can win.

Beyonder
First off, I'm not an expert on the FF or read that many issues. However, I did read that issue. If you want proof, I'll post some quotes from that fight and comment on what took place in that fight when I get home. If that radiant energy weakness is in that issue I have - I'll have to look. From what I remembered of that fight, Gladiator lift the entire Baxter tower easily, which Reed used to conclude that Kallarks power is a kind of telekenetic and is beemed from the Shi'Ar empire. And since it was a sort of telekenetic or was, he was able to lift Baxter tower without it crumbling. I'll go back and read it and comment further.

wrathofachilles
Masterson Thor humiliated him, and Gladiator in no way would beat Thor in a microsecond. Thor has taken on Silver Surfer and Galactus and won, Gladiator is not superior to them. I don't care what Reed Richards did for him, Thor's not going to manhandle Gladiator, but he is certainly more powerful. He just fights too damn 'noble' to win quickly against a hard-ass like Gladiator.

Wynndar
ok son, I never mentioned Masterson....I mentioned Thor...Thor has never humiliated him...the only time they fought (Gladiator and Classic Thor) Thor would not have been able to keep up if it werent for Richard's tech. Some how Gladiator's tech or powers (no one knows) allows him to increase his speed into the level of hyperspeed whenever he wants. With this ability, yes he could beat Thor before Thor even realizes he was beat. It would not take a microsecond, that was an exageration. When the FF were in Shi'ar territory gathering weapons to fight Galactus, they were moving so fast that they could accomplish a years work in less than a sec. Gladiator moving at his regular hyperspeed could barely see them as blurs, they were moving so fast...then he increased his speed to their's and went at it with Thor. This is the fight I always refer to when im talking about Thor and Gladiator. If i refer to masterson I will refer to him as Masterson. Im not making subjective statements of opinion like your usual fanboyism of Thor...opinions dont prove anything...Im stating facts from comic events.

crazyspinz
surfer and galactus? shwa????

galactus would own thor. and i will not say anything about surfer here.

Beyonder
You're right Wynndar, there are two issues of this I dug up, FF #249 "Man & Super-Man and #250 "X-Factor" Special 250th Issue!

In #250, the skrulls, who Gladiator was pursuing, used morphed into the X-Men and used their radiation weapons to hurt Gladiator badly (especially Storm). Kallark did manage to avoid the attack later into the fight. However, Reed used his machine to trick Kallark into thinking he was attacking Reed when in reality he was attack Captain America's shield. Don't know how Steve was able to hold his ground against Kallark's punches even if the shield is indestructable. Then again Captain America has done some uncanny feat before.

Anyhow, Sue was able to easily knock Kallark out when his confidence in his powers dropped. Kallark's power - according to Reed - is psionic in nature, consisting of telekenesis, pyrokenesis, & levitation. And my bad for mixing Super Skrull's power origins with Kallark, as they didn't know where Gladiator's power comes from. Also, if Gladiator's power is psionic like Reed said - which explains most of his power, except faster than light movement - then his doubt causes a lack in concentration of his powers - thus weakening himself to an opponents attack. However, this isn't evidence for all you Gladiator haters to say soon as Gladiator's confidence drops, he'll get a beating. Most fights, Gladiator kick people the hell around easily and his confidence doesn't drop immediately. He's stomped guys around the galaxy & is the Shi'Ar empires number one guy - he's got a lot of confidence to go around.

Beyonder
smile

Beyonder
sad

Beyonder
big grin

Beyonder
wink

Beyonder
stick out tongue

Beyonder
cool

Beyonder
eek!

Beyonder
confused

Beyonder
sad

Beyonder
confused

Beyonder
eek!

Beyonder
embarrasment

Beyonder
mad

Beyonder
sick

wrathofachilles
Galactus' power level varies from year to year, but this took place in the late 60s or early 70s. Thor injured Galactus with Mjolnir, used his godblast, and sent him running. And you're full aware of the Warrior Madness story, even if you don't like it. Also they fought in Surfer #4 and Thor was holding back greatly in that match-up plus he was fighting a Loki-enhanced Surfer.

K3VIL
In a Thor Issue, Gladiator was send from the future of Zarko to defeat the Thunder God, and after a first confrontation where Kallark throw Mjolnir away from Thor that transformed into Jake Olson form.After the Tarene save Olson from being destroyed, the Enchantress arrived and take Olson where Mjolnir was, here he transform into Thor but during the process Kallark arrived flying at superspeed hitting him in the back, but Olson was now Thor, who fire a blast of magic energy with Mjolnir at the Gladiator, sending him out the hole in the ground they make thanks to superfast crash Kallark do on Thor.After they saved a plane from crash on the Airport, Thor fire 1more magic blast, and with 3 heavy blows of Mjolnir of Gladiator's face, he win.This was a short fight, but shows that if Gladiator don't trust too much in his powers, he's bye bye.

Alpha Centauri
Goddamit. Why does Captain America have to get his little red, white and blue idiot self involved in every battle?

I wish Gladiator killed him.

-AC

Beyonder
In those issues, Thor would've been killed if he'd not have outside help. Gladiator also beat Tarene who saved Thor's life. This gave Enchantress time to get Thor to Mjlonir and give him a second chance to battle Gladiator. Tarene also landed the finishing blow.

Wynndar
Beyonder, the reason Cap can do that is the nature of his shield...it absorbs any true physical/concussive force...anyone can bang on it..as long as it is regular force then Cap wont feel it...the Skrull masquerading as Colossus had technology that allowed him to get through the shield...I totally agree with you about Gladiator and i think he has been downplayed lately...the way he was portrayed in that issue of FF he would have wasted Thor...survive an explosion that would destroy half the solar system? Thor wouldnt come close...They fought another time where Thor was assisted by Reed Richards' tech...FF#339, you should read that one too.

Beyonder
I'll have to search for that one. Thanks Wynndar.

K3VIL
Forgetting that Kallark was anyway KO before Taren shot a cosmic enery blast at him.And Thor losing Mjolnir so easy was bad writing, not Thor being weak.

Beyonder
How is it bad writting? Are you saying Thor has light speed reaction? Gladiator moves faster than lightspeed and has always used his speed in his fights. Gladiator speedblitzed Thor and kicked his hammer out of his hand. That's bad writting? Unless you think Thor would've been able to react in less than a second.

He wasn't KOed before Tarene, that was after. And secondly, Thor wouldn't have had that second chance if not for Tarene & Enchantress's interferce; he would've been dead. Thor didn't win anything. Their fight was interupted, and Thor was assisted. It was a three on one fight. Did you see anyone else helping Gladiator?

K3VIL
Thor is fast as the lightining he controls, i've read it before and was mentioned in the Superman VS Thor topic, so he's able to react at Kallark attacks.And Thor losing his hammer so easy is bad writing.

Beyonder
Right. 'Cause I said Gladiator moved AS fast as light. roll eyes (sarcastic) I said Gladiator moves faster than light. Additionally, you're getting this from a Superman Vs. Thor topic? From another poster right? That's just an opinion right now unless you can prove that he does move as fast as his lightning, which I doubt.

wrathofachilles
Gladiator is faster than Thor, that is pretty obvious. And Thor loses his hammer all the time, it's not really bad writing. He's capable of taking Gladiator out if he really cuts loose, no question, but back when Stan Lee used to write Thor, he lost his hammer nearly every issue. That's just part of the suspense of the character.

SarKastic_OJ
I feel Gladiator just has "two many" advantages when it comes to this match. For one his strengh(base level) is either equal too or greater than the Hulk..I doubt Gladiator would give the Hulk a chance to get pissed off enough to where he would beat him.

Now don't get me wrong I know the hulk's "Unlimited strength" advantage but trust me you cannot use that argument because the so-called "Unlimited strength" didn't aid him against those foes who gave him a ripe ole' spankin..They either 1) Beat him before he gets that angry, 2) Outsmart him(which is easy because the hulk is pretty stupid

Now Superman and the hulk fought in two crossover comics, one being a Marvel/DC crossover in which ended in a "stalemate" after alot of back and forth bashing(and corny hero talk) it ended in a draw as Superman teams with hulk to toss him into Luthor's gamma cannon..NO, the Hulk DID NOT WIN, I REPEAT THE HULK DID NOT WIN...The fight DID NOT end with The hulk standing over Superman's limp body..IT WAS A S-T-A-L-E-M-A-T-E .The second being the fan-voted comic in which the authors wanted to get rid of favoratism of both sides by gathering the nuetral(fan) vote...Superman won..which was the only fair way to have one hero beat the other without extreme discrimination...And it is official, both Marvel and DC condoned the results...Besides Superman has a "MIND" not only does he have EXTREME intelligence, ice breathe, heat vision, x-ray vision..The thing that makes Superman #1 is even when overpowered he always resloves to using his "mind" to overcome any foe, even smart ones such as Brainiac2000..I'm sure the hulk is no smarter than your average ogre let alone brainiac, Superman would easily outsmart the hulk as would Gladiator..(Have anyone seen the JLA ep where Superman labodomizes doomsday?...he uses his heat vision to fry Doomsdays brain.....he could easily do that on hulk..whos just as dumb)

Gladiator has intelligence, The Hulk is dumb and rash when angry leaving him vulnerable, in close combat Hulk is HELL...but Gladiator is quicker with more powers at his disposal, the only true edge I'd give the hulk is the lame ole'.........he has unlimited strength..which helps him "half" the time...Using that unlimited strength agrument is "extremely shallow" because if that's the case who's not to say the hulk could beat Galactus..hell as long as you fall back on that unlimited strength factor....The point is HE STILL loses with the unlimited strength factor...
So, Superman=>Gladiator, Gladiator>The Hulk

Wynndar
Did you seriously refer to a cartoon for evidence? first off, Supes couldnt stop Doomsday with labotamy in a real comic anyway. If he tried it on Hulk it would only stun him considering Hulk regenerates almost intantly. Hulk stupid? his present form does not exhibit stupidity, he kinda jus goes back and forth from a Grey Hulk, Banner, Professor Hulk, series of personalities. Neither Supes or Gladiator can contend with Professor Hulk in terms of intelligence, not by a long shot.

There is no point in bringing up Superman, classic Gladiator proved to be vastly tougher than Supes, I honestly think he would have a huge edge over the Hulk, for a while at least.

supremthor
NO any way u look at it superman man will always have a much greater edge aganst hulk. because hulk main factor is strength and a really fast healing factor. that it because no matter wat you say or think hulk wont be able to touch superman if superman wanted. hulk is fast but not that fast. Shite but it will never go that way because writters never use a comic book true power in any battel whats so ever its always who they like more. If i was a comic writer i would do a batman vs Silver surfer,ION,parallax,spectre,superma,and goku. the real twist is batman will win because nothing is ever far in comics. mad mad

SarKastic_OJ
That's all I hear when comparing Superman to The Hulk, Doomsday this Doomsday that!! You guys use that so friggin much it hurts...What about the hulk and Abomination? Why didn't he "get angrier" and whoop him? or onslaught? I've seen the hulk get his ass handed to him plenty of times so don't give me that "He just wasn't pissed enough" excuse..

Well how about those times when the hulk was beaten badly by Abomination or those alien invader guys...You "hulk fanboys" act like the hulk is a green god...he isn't..

That regeneration factor didn't help him much in those battles he "lost", so what's to say it would help him here against Gladiator...

And for your information if you say the comics are so "reliable" then as far as I can tell the Superman vs Hulk amalgamation comic resulting in Superman kicking the hulk's ass, healing factor and unlimited strength included...Yeah, it was fan-voted but that was the only way that the writers would get a seemingly "fair" decision..But even "some" fans find fault in that(hulk fanboys), using the good old it wasn't official...IT WAS OFFICIAL?! Marvel and DC came up with the ultimatum of letting the fans decide who was stronger instead of putting their own biased opinions into play...If it was Marvel's decision, then of course the hulk would have won, if DC's then they would have gave it to Superman, but noooo they let the fans decide because it was the only way for a straight down the line decision...Case in point...I don't care what any hulk fan or someone who's anti-superman says....Superman "BEAT" hulk into a friggin pulp...Hulk didn't beat Superman, the other fight was a stalemate, so don't let hulk fanboys(Alpha Centauri) tell you otherwise...

Gladiator may or may not be stronger than Superman...we don't know...they never fought...but we DO know that Superman beat the hulk into a pulp in the amalgam comics..So if Superman did that then Gladiator stands a chance of doing the same...

And as far as intelligence goes, the last time I checked Brainiac 2000 was one of the most intelligent beings in the universe, 10x's stronger than this Prof. Hulk you speak of, and Superman beat him...it's Superman's deciphering of a plan and using his "mindset" that gives....no "gave" him the edge in the hulk/superman battles...Face it Superman -can-beat-the-hulk....

One(I'm out)...........

Wynndar
and here we go again with the Marvel vs DC crossover...yea his healing ability wasnt a factor because if it were, he would have had to win...since the fight was based on a fan vote the writers had no choice but to write it that way...Why did u bring up Abomination or Onslaught, r u trying to give me more ammunition? A savage, but not mindless, Hulk was the onlyone able to go toe to toe with Onslaught...Thor and the rest of the heroes couldnt do anything, but Savage Hulk had the strength to go. Hulk shattered Onslaught's armor, and you call it a loss...the resulting backlash split the Hulk from Banner...this result cannot be attributed to physical trauma, but to psionic...Abomination? the last two times they fought, Abom mentioned Betty and Hulk went off and destroyed him...litterally broke his face two fights ago! Superman beat braniac so Superman can beat Hulk? You tried to say Hulk was too stupid to beat Hulk earlier so i mentioned how ur point was invalid seeing Hulk is smarter in some instances and intelligence would not be an advantage for supes...

this is a Hulk Gladiator thread, if u want to argue about supes go find the right thread...dont call me a fanboy, only a fanboy would bring up his favorite hero in a thread about two totally different characters.

wrathofachilles
Nobody says Hulk is a god, but neither is Superman or Gladiator. Superman is not as strong as Hulk anymore, this is his Post-Crisis persona which is much inferior to his original status. Hulk has gotten his ass handed to him because he's not that crafty a fighter. His strength is still unmatched, angry or not. He doesn't start out as a weakling, and his anger is sparked at the drop of a hat. Some people act as though Hulk has to take awhile to get stronger, he doesn't. He gets angry just by being there, thus his strength increases just by being there. If he's hit one time, his anger magnifies greatly, thus his strength magnifies greatly. The Superman/Hulk battle was a fan-based fight, and holds as much water as the Storm vs. Wonder Woman or Lobo vs. Wolverine fights: both asinine. Superman may in fact win against Hulk, just as Gladiator may in fact win, but Hulk may in fact win too. Plus he did, he beat the holy hell out of Gladiator. People seem to forget that this fight happened and Hulk won.

SarKastic_OJ
First off the "only" reason I brought Superman into this conversation is because of his equality to Gladiator...Siiiiiiince I never saw Gladiator fight the hulk I had "no basis" to work with BUT since Gladiator=Superman that's the closest result I could match for my points..so ha!!

Da phuck you mean Superman is not strong as The Hulk NOW, get the hell outta here, last time I checked Superman was as strong as he ever was, no "Post-Crisis" persona, sounds to me like you're pulling facts out of the ass...

My point "invalid"?......This is a thread titled "Hulk vs Gladiator" not "Savage Hulk vs Gladiator", not "Prof Hulk vs Gladiator, but "HULK vs Gladiator", I assumed the out of control, original mindless troll-faced hulk, so what's your point...

You say that the amalgams were unofficial just because your favorite hero got his ass handed to him, majority of the fans just like you and me saw fit that Superman can beat the hulk and thats why the "fan-vote" went in his favor....I'm not a Superman fanboy but in my case Superman=Gladiator...Yeah it was fan-voted...hell in a way this message board is a fanvote of combining opinions to see how many people think the hulk is stronger...so this "fanvote" that you speak of is basically a gathered opinion of comic geeks like you and I in which "MAJORITY" felt superman was stronger....You can't conceive or comprehend that the cheasy and cliche'd "Superman" won...and the hulk ended up laying under a pile of rubble with his hand sticking out...LOL

*sigh* back to the point in hand, I feel Gladiator beat the juggernaut "way to easily" in the cartoon..Even though it was on a show the writers still were from Marvel and they condoned it...I feel Hulk would have a struggle with juggernaut as in plenty of comics I seen both slug it out resulting in no winner..The Gladiator flicked away juggernaut like a flee off a dog....

You claim that the Hulk "would have won" if not for a fan-vote....WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? The writers(Marvel and DC) condoned it, THAT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO GET A W-I-N-N-E-R...If DC would have let superman win then marvel fans would get pissed and call foulplay and VICE VERSA....THUS the "N-U-E-T-R-A-L" vote was that of the fans where it came down to the opinions of their consumers....Only Hulk fanboys say lame excuses like "This wasn't official" or "The Hulk didn't get mad enough"...I mean what did would you have liked to happen, how would YOU have decided a winner if you had two big name franchises!?

wrathof achilles: So you're saying basically "what if" Gladiator managed by some twist of fate to instantly tick off the hulk!? well "what if" Gladiator flew into outer space and moved planet earth(ala Superman) into a nearby passing star or a flaming sun!? That's all gladiator has to do...shit why should he care about earth..he's an alien..the fight would cease there..That's all Gladiator would have to do really but the writers feel that wouldn't sell as much so they'll duke it out i.e Gladiator would have to "come down" to hulks level and slug it out in close range battle..

You said yourself hulk is not a crafty fighter, his mentality is just Bash, Bash, Bash, he never strategizes or even "thinks" during a battle..Just all out getting pissed and fighting to his max..Gladiator is more "conscious" of the fight and looks for weak points to find...trust me the hulk isn't the type to "see that he's losing, stop and plans out a battle plan" its all about clobbering to him...

Wynndar
brush up on ur comic knowledge...if u dont know what we mean by post crisis superman then no, ur points r certainly not valid....and u havent even read the fight with Hulk and Gladiator?...why dont u go back to the 1st page of the thread where I conveniently posted the entire fight...Its not even fair for u to argue, ur clearly a fanboy and clearly ignorant since you haent even seen the fight....guess what Gladiator did try sending Hulk into space but still got his ass kicked...Hulk is not just bash bash..maybe in 1963...but not today...u should have respectable knowledge of both the characters before you try to make an argument...especially being as offensive as u have been.

Tron
You can believe your point, but remember, in that fan-based vote, Wolverine beat Lobo, who's beaten the snot out of Superman more than once. Do you still wanna call those fan-votes completely valid?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>