Threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CandyKoRn
as in the Film..

anyone here ever see it?

It's quite horrifying.

I'd like to know if anyone else has seen it s'all.

Clovie
i haven't.

CandyKoRn
It's possibly (in my opinion) the most horrifying and grimmest movies ever made.. that I've seen.. and I've seen alot..

I'd recommend anyone who worries about nuclear war (inevitable) to watch it.

I almost crapped my pants lol.

Clovie
i don't like those kind of movies sad

CandyKoRn
yeah.. alot of people don't like the truth lol.

Clovie
the same is showed in news, why should i watch it again messed

Phoenix Aska
How old is that movie???

CandyKoRn
lol.. because it hasn't happened yet. stick out tongue

CandyKoRn
1984 Aska.

It's a British movie.. so it wouldn't suprise me if most people haven't heard of it.

considering you're all mainly american.. and they don't like you all to see movies like this.

Glad I'm not American.. no offence to any of ya though.

Clovie
i know...it didn't.. but som many horrible things ARE happening sad

btw i'm NOT american no expression

CandyKoRn
lol good for you.

Even so, it's even more of a reason to know about these things.

It's at times like these where you should take the time to care.

Phoenix Aska
I wanna see it!!!

Clovie
i do care, but i don't wanna. since i can't change anything about it anyway erm

CandyKoRn
If everyone thought like that past or present .. you would probably be leading a far worse life than you alrdy are.. no matter what quality of life you're at now.

Alot of people cared and did something about it, and consequently changed things that we today take for granted.

I'm just grateful that people in the past cared and actually did something about it.

Anyway, I'm ranting now.

Darth Revan187
Nuclear Holocaust eh?
Sounds like a good way to die to me.

CandyKoRn
yeah if you're lucky enough to have the bomb land on you.
lol

Darth Revan187
Actually, I would much rather survive the war, and see what all the radiation will do to me. Yes, that's much better.

CandyKoRn
ugh.. Watch the film.. you'll see..

trust me.. it's truly horrific.. it's like everyone goes back in time.. a 10 yr old girl gets raped.

it's a complete lack of morals.
truly scary.

Phoenix Aska
The cockroacher will be the dominate species....

Darth Revan187
A little girl gets raped?!?
There is no force on this earth that can stop me from watching this movie now.

CandyKoRn
Lol.. you are twisted.

It's horrible.. because of the radiation.. she ends up being pregnant form the rape.. (over a loaf of bread I might add.. lack of food etc.. due to nuclear winter)

BackFire
If you want to see some truley grim, disturbing movies beyond the caliber of any others, you should seek the following...

-I Stand Alone
-Irreversible
-Salo: 120 Days of Sodom
-Cannibal Holocaust
-Man Bites Dog
-Men Behind the Sun
-Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
-I Spit on Your Grave

More then likely most of these will put that "threads" movie to shame.

Phoenix Aska
Wow...she got raped over a loaf of bread.....

I want to see that happen....

Darth Revan187
I want to get raped over a loaf of bread, I could die a happy boy if I did.

CandyKoRn
if any of them are american I doubt it.

plus, you can't really presume, you of all people should know that.

seeing as you haven't seen the film. Watch it then come back and tell me how ineffective it is.

Darth Revan187
Watch "ROOTS", it will change your life for the better.

Phoenix Aska
I wonder where ya can go to see that movie....

I doubt that Hollywood video or blockbuster would have it....

CandyKoRn
blockbuster might... but I doubt it.. internet is your best bet.. it was a TV movie over here in the eighties.. so I doubt many americans have seen it.

CandyKoRn
I have that box set on DvD .. haven't watched it yet.. I might do now if you say it's worth it.

Darth Revan187
Uhh I'm not going to make any promises

BackFire
Uh, never said it was inefective. I'm simply saying that more then likely these movies I listed are on par, if not more effective, then this movie that I've never heard of. More then likely, if it's as horrific and disturbing as you claim, I would have heard of it, seeing as I specialize in these types of flicks. All the movies I listed are recognized by pretty much everyone who has seen them as the absolute sickest and disturbing movies ever made. Threads does sound interesting though, I'll attempt to track it down, if at all possible.

Most of them are not American, btw.

CandyKoRn
Anyone seen Spaced?

It's a T.V series over here.. if you like Shaun of the Dead.. it's from the same guy.

hehe hilarious.

CandyKoRn
just look up on IMDB ... it will have that (tv) beside it..

BackFire
Yeah, I saw that....I have trouble believing that a TV movie is more disturbing or grim then the films I listed, considering most of them have been banned from numerous countries at one point or another.

Unfortunately, living in the States doesn't grant me access to this movie, so looks like I'm shit out of luck.

CandyKoRn
lol.. It's only available on video as far as I know.. I didn't say it had alot of blood and guts.. It's just the fact that unlike other films.. there is no hope or anything.. there's just the truth of what would happen in a situation like that.

It just struck a nerve with me. It's filmed like a documentary, which I like.

Like I said.. it's not the Gore that gets me.

Darth Revan187
You wanna see a gruesome movie watch Warlock: The Armageddon
after you see the funny looking midget grandma get picked up and thrown into spikes you will have nightmares for weeks.
Not to mention what the bad acting will do to you.

CandyKoRn
that is what I mean..

all the horror you guys get are some fake guts and blood and all that crap.

lacks substance.

Darth Revan187
I was being sarcastic..

BackFire
Several of the films I listed have very littel gore. Simply a horrific atmosphere and some disgusting visuals and scenes....

Whatever the case, if you want extreme, disturbing films, the movies I listed are top notch in that area. Especially, Irreversible, Man Bites Dog, I Stand Alone, Henry:Portrait of a Serial Killer, and Salo:120 days of sodom. All extremely disgusting and horrific films, all with very little amount of gore. Several of witch are also filmed in a documentary style.

CandyKoRn
I know. but I'm talking about other films you all go on about.. how cool it was when some guy ate some other guy and bit off an arm and blood guts blah blah blah.

I find all that incredibly boring.

you don't even use your mind.. it's like talking to a brick wall.

CandyKoRn
I'll make sure I check them out.

BackFire
Actually, I don't know what you're talking about. Simple gore without effect does very little for me and pretty much everyone else around here. Some of the films I listed to have some gore and blood, but that's not what makes them disturbing. It's the atmosphere, the feel, and some other scenes where the happenings are far worse then just some guy getting killed.

Just check them out, especially the ones I narrowed down in my previous post. All with very little gore, but horrific, disturbing and grim as hell.

CandyKoRn
sorry for not coming across clearly.. lack of sleep.

that was the word I was looking for.. atmosphere.. fear/disgust etc..

yeah.

BackFire
thumb up I was reading some stuff on the IMDB message board for threads and it looks like alot of libraries have the film available...I think I'll check out my local library for it. That's where I originally found Last House ont eh Left when I couldn't find it anywhere else. Maybe I'll get lucky again.

CandyKoRn
Goodluck, I'm sure you'll find it interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.