Dashboard Confessional

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
I really like thier music, my favourite songs are Saints and Sailors and Vindicated. Anyone know any other good songs of thiers?

IndieKid
I've seen them live. I shoot emo people for fun. They're crap.

Df02
well arent u a hero...
happen to think some emo is decent, but i dont like dashboard

IndieKid
what emo do you like?
I like Biffy Clyro - but that's only coz they were good live.

Df02
Coheed and Cambria, TBS and Funeral for a friend
mostly into screamo sorta stuff tho, like Alexisonfire, From autumn to ashes, Hondo maclean (the chasing angels EP is very screamo)

not bad for a non-emo fan... i just dont like it being badmouthed all the time

BlackC@t
Uh.....people, please stay on topic.

Df02
ok, on topic..... do i know any good songs by Dashboard confessional? no

TrAnCeDuO
ill say the same.i hate DC and being emo is retarded.

Df02
read above....emo isnt retarded, no genre of music is retarded....1 because it isnt alive, and 2 because its all down to opinion

TrAnCeDuO
i didnt say the genre of emo is retarded. i said BEING emo is retarded.

Deathblow
'emo' is short for emotion. 'Being emotion is retarded.'

Yeah, that makes sense.

Df02
lol, well either way.... calling it retarded is abit stupid and childish lol

EDIT: its short for emotional hardcore.... but yea, its still stupid to call it retarded

Darth Revan
I'll actually agree with that one, Tranceduo... I like some emo music but it really bugs me when I see people walking around with skateboards wearing hot pink foam trucker hats turned to the side. Don't know why, emo kids just... bother me...

TrAnCeDuO
well i see your not one for trendy sub culture

Df02
but at the end of the day thats their choice... dont particularly like it either but im not gonna call em retarded because of their style of dress

Morgoths_Wrath
i like emo, but i dont like dashboard. dashboard is bad emo

Darth Revan
True. I don't think "emo kids" are retarded, they just bother me. But you're right that it's their choice to dress like that...

TrAnCeDuO
i dont care about their crappy clothes either.what i hate about them is that they are annoying, fool everyone with false angst, threatens with suicide but never carries it out, etc. god if your life is that sad then end already! also what annoys me is that idiots like that listen to this pathetic excuse for music. i hate dashboard confessional. they should retitle thier album from"a mark a mission a brand a scar" to " i whine i ***** i cry i suck"

Deathblow
I get pissed off when people put down other cliques because of how they dress like that. Ok I may be a little hippocritical (I put down goths all the time), but I'm a mixed up dresser. I wear studded belts and sideways caps all emo-kid like quite often, but I have my hair spiked up punk style, and I wear three quarter length pants like skaters do sometimes. I even wear the big, torn jeans like the grunge types every so often, heck, I've even got a Lakers top that 50 Cent may or may not have worn in one of his videos.

My point is...I don't actually know what my point is. Sorry stick out tongue

Df02
my point is its more 'retarded' to slag off a genre because of ur personal opinion is about it, than to like i genre that other ppl may not like and keep quiet about ur opinions on others and especially not try portray it as fact

as for my image, i dont really have 1... dress in soo much different stuff, mostly a sorta mix between Indie and Emo... so does sorta piss me off when ppl run their mouth on other ppls dress and music tastes

btw goth's are an exception, they obviously just plain suck stick out tongue haha

Darth Revan
You're so indescribably cool Samantha droolio

Deathblow
I know it's so great droolio

CherryPie
They suck!

BlackC@t
What really anoys me is that you call people idiots simply because they like different music then you and choose different life-styles. The only idiots are the people that slag others because they like something different. Quit being so intolerant.

TrAnCeDuO
like something different? different life style? pfft! spare me your bs. wanna be sad and suicidal all the time? well i gotta a better idea!
kill yourself and get out of my way

TrAnCeDuO
http://users.adelphia.net/~edenparkstackums/Xanga_emo_sucks.jpg

Df02
if i knew what kinda lifestyle u led id start slagging that off aswell, but i dont know it....and tbh dont particularly care either... cant be that good if u have to waste typing time slagging off other people lifestyles

im not a depressed emo-kid but i hate people who go off on 1, telling people what they should and should do, and how they should or shouldnt act

TrAnCeDuO
shut it loser!stick out tongue

BlackC@t
Stop flaming and trolling others!

<<Solo>>
Yeah, Tranceduo shut the **** up. Even though DC sucks really bad (exception to Vindicated), I'm not going to be a stupid **** and going around and being an idiotic moron, and telling them what taste they should or should not have. But emo is still pretty awesome (thanks to Joy Division).

TrAnCeDuO
how about i offer you all a drink instead? big grin

BadKitty
it's one thing to not like this dashboard confessional but there no need to criticize those that do...you stated your opinion so stop being impertinent and condescending to everyone else.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

TrAnCeDuO
fine ill leave. besides ive already achieved what i wanted tostick out tongue

Maverick2364
Hands Down from A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar rules.

Alpha Centauri
No offence to the females here, well....take it how you want it.

But bands like Dashboard Confessional write songs about being vulnerable and sad and then all the female fans go "Awww makes you wanna hug him coz he's vulnerable and I like the way he looks."

That's how they sell records.

-AC

kronisk
Here's a puddle of thoughts which all of you encouraged in some way.

I'm for starters very open-minded when it comes to music. That puts me in a state where I say as long as the music isn't superficial (i.e. boybands, MOST pop etc.) it's listenable. If you payed attention to what I wrote before this I can say I stretch from the Classic Music to the darkest/heaviest metal.

Regarding Dashboard Confessional I acknowledge their existence and I do it without being borthered only because his feelings isn't (mostly, at least) superficial but deep and very intellectually expressed. When that is first out in the open I have to emphasize that I'm not really a fan nor a hater of them.. I had some unrequited feelings which led to despair and I found comfort in one particular Dashboard Confessional song which name I can't remember at the time being which says the most in my opinion.

Well guess what I'm trying to say is - if you're really all closed up at one genre of music, you're in my opinion boring because music of choice - for me of course - either is mood setting or making. Fx. if you can sit and listen to some of the core grunge bands out there when you're really in a somewhat destructive mood of something then I guess it's okay - put I can't, that's for sure! Grunge is for the stoned darkest hour, when imagination get's loose but WITH line of direction. (imagination totally loose I would prefer acid rock.)

Anyways I don't feel like I completed my thread completely but that would take too much of my precious time (uhm, that's right I'm freaking important)..anyways we can take this discussion up at some what alcohol drawn gathering! :P.. well see ya.

BlackC@t
I admit, I really only like 'Saints and Sailors' and 'Vindicated.'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.