Day of the Dead remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
Yup, it appears they're making a remake to this. Well, I'm looking forward to it.

eggmayo
its not a remake. dawn of the dead:contagium is actually nothing to do with the old movie except for the name. it suggests that the zombies were caused by a soviet virus.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411269/
describes it as a prequel and sequel.

dean7879
day of the dead contagium looks crap..
and anyway..remaking day of the dead would be the stupidest thing to do eva

eggmayo
as stupid as remaking dawn of the dead?

dean7879
both stupid

Cinemaddiction
That was a bad idea? I thought the general consensus was that the "remake" was pretty damn good. I loved it, bet the Unrated DC will be even better.

BackFire
I saw the unrated dc the other day, wasn't much better.

The best thing on the dvd was this extra where we saw a little video that the gun shop owner made during the whole ordeal, similar to the Blair witch Project.

And the new Dawn of the Dead wasn't much of a remake. It has very little in common with the brilliant original film. The new one was a mindless action/zombie movie, while the original was more of a drama with a huge underlying social commentary. The only thing similar between the two is that they're in a mall for a while and their are zombies.

<<Solo>>
No, Supposively Romero is writing a script for Land Of The Dead.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418819/

eggmayo
i did like the 'remake' of dawn of the dead, but it would kinda have been better if it wasnt called dawn of the dead. as a standalone zombie movie, it was good, i believe they only used dawn of the dead as a way to get more people to see the movie.

BlackC@t
I liked the remake.

MornGlory
Dawn of the Dead??? or Shaun of the Dead??

I think Shaun of the Dead looks funny! Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.