Iceman vs. Sandman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
boatLET'S MAKE 'EM Iceman used to be my fav. now i like Sandman better. I love his costume. I got his statue at home.arabia
Sandman is 90 ton strength. Even if Bobby froze him solid he could blast through the ice with his sand. raver

ScarletSpider
Bobby could lower his temperature to near absolute zero, that would provide somewhat more trouble than just a usual freezing.

Arsenal
Iceman would win. I don't think sandman could break out doc ock froze him in return of the sinister six.

wrathofachilles
Iceman now has the ability to freeze a person's own cells inside their body. Sandman's not coming back from that.

Maelstrom
Well Sandman is man and/or sand and sand isn't composed of cells but atoms. You would essentially need to be able to destroy the atom to destroy sandman. I'm pretty sure that an atom cannot be destroyed, it just readjusts to a "smaller" size.
I think the only thing that can kill Sandman is age.

Maestro
Or if someone made a sand castle out of him

ScarletSpider
And we all know: castles made of sand fall in the sea, eventually.

Maestro
nuff' said.

norrin radd
iceman, easy, plus sandman is vulnerable to water.

HarmonicFlo88
Iceman, because he's cooler. hahaha

Because he can keep freezing sandman. it might not directly result in a win, but eventually will.

Swanky-Tuna
Is Sandman made completely out of sand?

mc pee pants
he is also made of man.

Swanky-Tuna
You just blew... my... mind...

Silver_Blaze
Iceman would make a ice hour glass out the guy o.o;

Swanky-Tuna
Hehe, wrong element.

Silver_Blaze
Oops oh well still Iccy would win ^_^;

ScarletSpider
Sand Man is made out of some sort of synthetic particles that resemble sand and yadda yadda. He can shift his body between a tangible human state, and a sentient sand like state.

wrathofachilles
What? You do realize cells are made up of atoms correct? Sandman not being made of cells would mean Sandman does not exist. Sandman can die, Venom nearly killed him and Sandman stated 'I'm going to die.' I think something saved him but I forgot what.

Swanky-Tuna
Nah, it'd mean Sandman isn't organic.

emraldguardian
What you mean when Venom bit him and and poisoned him, bunch of bs writing.

Havoc470
i wonder what kind of sand it is, theres beach sand which always contains even the smallest particles of water (in that case iceman wins without a doubt) then theres like desert sand, completely dry, but would expand with water, and even if sandman would break iceman, ther's most likely going to be moisture in the air which iceman could use to connect back together

but if you wanna get technical the friction of sand against sand alone would create moisture

wrathofachilles
Sandman is organic. He's still a human being. Thus for him to not have cells would mean he wouldn't exist because all humans have cells, even if they have the properties of sand. As for the Venom story, how is that BS writing?

wrathofachilles
Wouldn't matter the kind of sand because Sandman still has moisture in his body and Iceman can freeze this at will.

Maelstrom
I didn't mean to make an issue out of it. Just to state that this would be a blow out fist to fist fight where Iceman doesn't have the same strength that sandman does. Sandman is 90 - 95 tons.
It's a cool fight cause Iceman can't just win molecularly cause he's(sandman) inorganic. We have to presume that Sandman is a composite of man/sand and that he can be caught off guard in either form but with his consciousness can activate the transmutation.
Iceman still can't freeze consciousness and that is essentially what the Sandman is. So is Drake for that matter.
Unfortunately Bobby lost his human side to mutation. It can't be the greatest just being an ice cube. They oughta bring back the man part of him.
It appears Iceman is hurt when he loses parts of his ice in some fashion. Maybe it's like sweating to much or some. Anyway in the last issue of X he seemed to get his ass kicked and almost killed by the brotherhood.

Maelstrom
I guess it'd be a good fist fight in soild form but now that i think about it Iceman has far more to draw on that his foe. The only way to beat iceman might be to make him implode.

wrathofachilles
Sandman is not inorganic. He is capable of changing the properties of his body to sand, but he is still an organic being. There is always some semblance of humanitiy and he can thus be molecularly manipulated. And when the hell did he become 95 ton strength? He was never that strong.

Eternal Idol
I'd give the edge to Iceman, though only because of his ability to freeze from a distance. In a brawl, I think Sandman would smack Iceman around.

KingD19
Actually, he can lift about 80 tons under his own power, and more when he adds sand to his body.

And Iceman didn't lose his human side, he got a chest injury, and thought he was stuck like that, he just didn't have enough control. THey also thought he lost his powers on M-Day, but he was suppressing them out of fear, they were actually more powerful than before.

Iceman wins this fight, all he has to do is flash freeze Sandman, and once that happens, Sandman can do nothing else.

Mindset
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I'd give the edge to Iceman, though only because of his ability to freeze from a distance. In a brawl, I think Sandman would smack Iceman around. Bobby can add moisture to his body and increase his size like Sandman can.

Eternal Idol
I've seen scans of him doing so, but how great a strength amp has he been known to get?

Kris Blaze
I've seen scans of him doing so, but how great a strength amp has he been known to get?

Strong enough to beat China-dude.

The man with the combined strength of every chinese person in the world.

Mindset
I've seen scans of him doing so, but how great a strength amp has he been known to get? Probably about the same as any other 70ft tall person, idk, does it realy matter in this match?

It's not like either side is winning with brute force.

Eternal Idol
Point.

iceman24567
smile Indeed

horrorwolf
This is a massive stalemate.

iceman24567
Your insane no expression

complexbrother
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
Sandman is organic. He's still a human being. Thus for him to not have cells would mean he wouldn't exist because all humans have cells, even if they have the properties of sand. As for the Venom story, how is that BS writing?

because he doesn't have blood or any bodily fluids for poison to affect or flow through.

Sandman would win this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.