The Official New Adult Swim Anime Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
We seem to be having this discusstion on multiple threads,that being said...let is get to the point.

here you may talk about the folowing,and onlythe following
Ghost in the Shell~Stand Alone Complex(replacing Wolf's Rain)
The Super Milku Chan Show(replacing Trigun)
Full Metal Alchemist(Replacing Inuyasha^_^yey!)
Read Or Die TV(Replacing Cowboy Bebop)

Happy netting!!!!

Phoenix Aska
Ghost in the Shell replacing Wlf's Rain is a good idea but they still shouldn't get rid of Inuyasha...

TrAnCeDuO
they aernt. tehy are going to play it on weekdays.anyways i love Read or Die its the bizarre thing ive ever seen!smile

Phoenix Aska
yes...TranceDuo but I meant like new epiodes of Inuyasha...or maybe I'm just really confused now...

Well...I've heard good thins about Full Metal Alchemist....might as well check that out....

Darth Revan187
I watched 5 minutes of the read or die and i got scared, i didnt understand it

TrAnCeDuO
they are going to show new episodes of inuyasha except only on the weekdays so that it wont be too complicated.

Phoenix Aska
oOo....I see now

Thanx TrAnCeDuO

Do you know what time during the weekdays?

BlackHatDefect
They should rid me of Inuyasha for good,and make its stupid fans BUY THEIR ANIME!!!!

It would do us who actually have to spend 30$to finnish a series some justice^_-

Phoenix Aska
Hmmm....I don't really mind going out and spending money on anime.....they would just add to my collection...

I have some of ghost in the shell so att least half the episodes of cartoon network I'll already have seen....

BlackHatDefect
When did you buy Stand Alone Complex?

Hmmm..I had my chance because I saw the bexed set at a forign resale shop for 40$,but it wasn't really worth much to me personally..so...

Phoenix Aska
I bought the stand alone complex like...sometime during the beggining f summer....

Of course, I think the original ghost in the shell episodes are much better....

Kiyouhana
Yes Ghost in the Shell and Full Metal Alchemist are wonderfull anime!!!

soundtrack
i just cant wait until november 9th, so i can re-watch wolfs rain. i missed so many episodes b/c of work, i just stopped watching it until it would come on again erm .

Phoenix Aska
I wanna see the other half of the episodes of Ghost in the Shell that I haven't seen yet....

IDK if I wanna see read or die...I heard that was...interesting...

Jace_Rave
I LOVED R.O.D.!
But wasn't what AS played the movie? Will T.V. start this weekend?

TrAnCeDuO
another thing. whatever happened to blue gender? huh

soundtrack
dunno?

BlackHatDefect
Blue Gender's ratings were REALLY bad..so..

Phoenix Aska
I liked Blue Gender....

Darth Revan187
Didn't care for BG

Phoenix Aska
Yes...Inuyasha shall still be on Saturday nights...

It Lives!!!

fox

BlackHatDefect
Stop trying to increese my suicidal rate.

Phoenix Aska
Hahaha

I'm sorry...I'm just saying that Inuyasha will still be on Saturdays...

But you still get to watch FMA....

angel_not

rogue938
yeah i love inuyasha.
not sesshoumaru

sailormoon
Are you serious?! They're replacing all that?! OMG, I feel like having a heart attack! Why? Why are they doing that? I don't agree with this at all! Well, maybe a little, but mostly I don't!

Phoenix Aska
I agree completely that it's time for a change...as long as they don't replace Yuu Yuu hakusho.... ^.^

RaventheOnly
no more.................... Trigun? cry looks like i'm gonna have to buy it sad ................. and witch hunter robin sad

TrAnCeDuO
actually if you go on the website none of those are constant they rotate now and then.

BlackHatDefect
So who saw FMA?Now I can FINALLY talk to people about it...

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha...yes you can...I saw it.....

TrAnCeDuO
very nice show. better than i expected. the only weird thing was that in the trailers they make the main character alot bigger than he is and thats why i was some what surprised that hes just a little kid.

BlackHatDefect
REALLY?Thats actually the contant joke of FMA.....If you want to read the manga,I can link you ok?

Then you wont have to wait a whole week to finnish it^_-

Redei
Hi everyone. Ummm......Who besides me think it was a bad idea to switch the shows around and take some out, but still put in some good shows?

BlackHatDefect
Sorry?Could you reword that?

Phoenix Aska
I think Redei means who thinks that taking out some of the shows he likes like (cowboy beebop ) and replacing it with like FMA (which he also likes) is a good idea?

BlackHatDefect
LOve it!I hate when shows are on too long(Its Overkill)

miss_deep
So, I have a question. A firend of mine told me Read or die was gonna come on Adult Swim, but when I stayed up all nite saturday, it didn't come on. Does it come on during the weekdays?

Saber_Apricot
Well, I know that there is a second season to Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone complex. So maybe they'll eventually show 2ndGig on Adult Swim. I don't like Stand Alone Complex on Adult Swim, because the dubbed voices are bad. The Tachikoma sound horrible in English.

I wouldn't mind if they took InuYasha off Adult Swim. I thought Adult Swim is for adults... And InuYasha is a kid show. They need to start showing it on Saturday mornings of evenings after school (like they do in Japan).

Super Milk-chan is annoying as hell. I think they took a really crummy kid show and added profanity to it and slapped it onto Adult Swim.

I'm not a ROD or FMA fan... So no comment.

I don't like anime that's dubbed, because it doesn't serve any educational purposes to me, but I do enjoy Sealab 2020 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Harvey Birdman is okay too.

BlackHatDefect
GAH! i don't like anti dub people, AS I always say " whatever your DVD is set to works". Anime isn't really supposed to be about wether the lips of a character match the voice or "education"?
I suppose you could use it for that, but I think when people create anime, they are sort of doing it so that people will enjoy it for its story and whatever.

Ok..so anyway.

R.O.D is in movie form only on AS (as I understand) so it only plays when they need something to fill the block.

and about Milk chan..I had overrated that series before I had seen it, I saw an add in Newtype Japan and I thought it would be great..

I was wrong though T_T

So wrong...

Saber_Apricot
Yeah you're right... But I'm not a true anime fan... Because I only like anime because it's Japanese, not the other way around. I read manga and watch anime because I like the culture and love the language.

Also, I think that the original voice actors dialog is important because dubbing can ruin the tone of a situation. Also, seiyuu take their job seriously and crummy Japanese voice actors aren't rehired, unlike here in the United States. ...Er, that sounds like something an anime purest would say maybe? If so, I don't mean it that way. I could care less about lip-sync.

BlackHatDefect
It really depends..

Something like Gravitation *dies* That almost killed me. Dubbing that bad makes you want to beat yourself with steak knives, but alot of AS dubbing I have seen I have actually liked. I thought Wolf's Rain and Bebop were pretty fair, along with Hargaren,Ghost in the Shell, and Furi Kuri.
Hold on, is that sarcasum * I am either to serious or to stupid*
I mean that you only watch anime for the culture..

Phoenix Aska
Beebop and Yuu Yuu Hakusho were dubbed pretty good...

IN my opinion anyways...

lots of animes were dubbed fairly well...but there are a couple that are crap and you just know it's all wrong!

Saber_Apricot
Yeah... I like Beebop in Japanese because Ed and Faye's voices are done by really well known voice actresses. Faye's sounds a lot better too, because she sounds younger in the Japanese version.

Ghost in the Shell was alright... But you see that in Theaters they didn't even bother to dub Innocence over? I think that's going to be a new trend.

Personally, I think that Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (spirited away) was dubbed very well. It was a kid show and had to be dubbed, because too much of the storyline was foreign to American kids. The voices were really similar to the Japanese ones. Yubaba sounded just like you'd think she would in English.

houtsjc
I don't think Yuu Yuu Hakushois on

houtsjc
what about Big O

Wolfs'rainlover
Are they gonna bring back Wolfs'rain??????

inu_elric775
Originally posted by BlackHatDefect
We seem to be having this discusstion on multiple threads,that being said...let is get to the point.

here you may talk about the folowing,and onlythe following
Ghost in the Shell~Stand Alone Complex(replacing Wolf's Rain)
The Super Milku Chan Show(replacing Trigun)
Full Metal Alchemist(Replacing Inuyasha^_^yey!)
Read Or Die TV(Replacing Cowboy Bebop)

Happy netting!!!!

i dont think inuyasha should be replaced by fma cause i love fma and inuyasha cause my name is inu_elric775.

anjutacom
Originally posted by inu_elric775
i dont think inuyasha should be replaced by fma cause i love fma and inuyasha cause my name is inu_elric775.

Seriously... I personally don't care for Inuyasha that much, I think it's a kids' show, but it does have a cult following and so they should keep it rolling, the new episodes and all. I wish they had their own separate channel which we could view 24/7 and not just at night. *sigh*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.