Madelyne Pryor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Paptimus
Really this is more an opportunity for me to showcase the fruits of my obsession with Madelyne Pryor than anything else. If anyone has any other pics they'd like to post, by all means. The net needs more Maddie.

Paptimus
Someone's fanart.

Abbita
thats one ugly baby messed

Madelene Pryor? who is she? Educate me big grin

Sage Tessa
Cover of X-Men: The End #5
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/previews/xmenend1_5.jpg

Paptimus
Mutant X Maddie.

Paptimus
Maddie with Jean Grey's dad, demonized.

Paptimus
Goblin Queen Heroclix. I have three. happy

Paptimus
Madelyne Pryor's Bio, for the uninitiated. Credit goes to the ComicX-Forums.

Former Aliases: Black Rook II, Goblin Queen, Mutate #9818, Anodyne
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men #168
Last Appearance: X-Man #52
Cause of Death: Re-created form dispersed by Nate Grey
Known Relatives: Nathaniel Essex (Mr. Sinister, creator), Scott Summers (Cyclops, ex-husband), Nathan Christopher Summers (Cable, son), Stryfe (clone son, deceased), Alexander Summers (Havok, brother-in-law, believed deceased), Christopher Summers (Corsair, father-in-law), Philip Summers (grandfather-in-law), Deborah Summers (grandmother-in-law)
Group Affiliation: Formerly Hellfire Club Inner Circle (New York)
Known Allies: Formerly X-Man, N'astirh, X-Men, Mister Sinister
Major Enemies: Jean Grey, X-Men, formerly X-Factor I, Marauders
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 110 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red

The enigmatic mastermind known as Mister Sinister cloned Madelyne Pryor from a cell sample obtained from the X-Man named Jean Grey. Through advanced scientific means, Sinister caused the clone to grow into an adult double of Grey far more quickly than a normal human being would reach adulthood.

After the sacrifice of the Phoenix Force's human form, it sent the portion of the original Jean Grey's personality that it had possessed back to Earth, keyed to return to a body within Grey's genetic code. This portion of Grey's consciousness made contact with Grey's original body, which still lay in suspended animation in a coccoon at the bottom of Jamaica Bay. Appalled on receiving the memories of the destruction wreaked by the Phoenix Force, the part of Jean Grey's consciousness in her original body rejected this other portion. The latter portion then infused itself into the body of the clone of Grey that Sinister had created, giving the clone consciousness for the first time.

The clone awoke, her mind filled with the memory of the phoenix Force's "suicide", and called out the name "Scott", the name of Grey's lover, Scott Summers. The clone did not have all of Grey's memories, and many of those the clone did have were only vague. Sinister then programmed the clone with a set of false memories and named her "Madelyne Pryor", since she had a "prior" existence as Jean Grey. To explain away her memories of the Phoenix Force's last moments in Jean's form, Sinister gave Pryor the false memory of being an airplane pilot who had been the sole survivor of a fiery plane crash.

Sinister also programmed Pryor to meet and fall in love with Scott Summers. However, since Pryor had part of Jean Grey's consciousness, she was already predisposed to do so. Sinister's plan was that Pryor would bear Scott Summers a child who would possess the superhuman genetic potential of both Jean Grey and Scott Summers - something Sinister had long sought for his own personal gain. Sinister would then kidnap the child and take it under his control.

Sinister sent Pryor to Alaska and placed her in a job as a pilot for North Star Airways, the air freight company run by Scott Summers' grandparents, Philip and Deborah Summers. It was in Alaska that Scott Summers first mer Pryor, and was immediately struck by her exact resemblance to Jean Grey, who was believed dead at the time.

Summers and Pryor began falling in love with each other, but Summers was haunted by suspicions that Pryor was indeed Grey, returned from the dead. He told Pryor about Grey, unaware at this point of her true relationship to Grey. Pryor began worrying that Summers was still really in love with Grey, not herself.

Subsequently, the X-Men's foe Mastermind used his psionic powers to make the X-Men believe that Pryor really was Grey, turned back into the mad Dark Phoenix. Mastermind planned to manipulate the X-Men into killing Pryor so that their spirits would be crushed on discovering they had actually murdered an innocent woman. Mastermind, too, was unaware of what Pryor really was. However, Cyclops realized that they were being manipulated by Mastermind, whom the X-Men then easily defeated. Shortly afterwards, convinced that Pryor was not Grey, Summers married her.

Paptimus
Maddie Bio continued:

Sometime later, Pryor was flying a Canadian-American environmental survey team over the Arctic Circle, with Scott aboard, when the plane encountered a mysterious storm and crashed. Pryor and the other passengers discovered a mystical "firefountain" that bestowed superhuman abilities upon them. Pryor gained the power to heal any mental or physical injury or deformity, and took the name Anodyne. However, the firefountain proved to be the creation of the Asgardian god Loki, and had the side effects of depriving the recipients of these new powers of their imaginations and draining the life energies of beings with magical powers. Loki withdrew the powers the firefountain bestowed, and Pryor lost her healing abilities.

By this time Pryor was pregnant, and months later she gave birth to her son, Nathan Christopher Summers. Shortly after the infant was born, Cyclops and his fellow X-Man Storm held a contest to determine who would lead the X-Men. As yet, Pryor was unaware of her own latent mutant powers, but she did not want Scott to divide his time between her and the X-Men. She experienced a vision in which she saw the combat between Storm and Cyclops, and subconciously used her own awakening powers to influence the outcome. As a result, Scott lost, and he accompanied Pryor and the baby to Anchorage, Alaska.

Strains continued to grow between Scott and Pryor, whose fears that Scott loved Jean Grey and not her continued to mount. When Jean Grey finally emerged from suspended animation, Scott went to meet her in New York City, even though Pryor warned him that if he left, their marriage was over. Scott remained in New York City where he, Jean, and three of the other original X-Men formed a new organization called X-Factor.

Learning that the original Jean Grey was still alive, Mister Sinister decided to eliminate Pryor, lest the truth about her origin be exposed. Sinister bought North Star Airways and hired Pryor to fly a cargo plane to San Francisco, mentally influencing her to bring her son along. Sinister then sent his team of mutant assassins, the Marauders, to kill Pryor and capture her son. Pryor used her own newfound powers to defend herself, although baby Nathan was kidnapped. Pryor was found by the X-Men who took her into their protection. Sinister placed baby Nathan into the orphanage he controlled.

Meanwhile, Sinister had eliminated virtually all evidence of Pryor's existence. Thus Scott could find no trace of her until he saw her in a telecast from Dallas, Texas, of the X-Men's battle against the forces of the mystical entity known as the Adversary. Pryor and the X-Men seemingly perished during the counter, and neither Summers nor the world at large learned that the sorceress Roma restored Pryor and the X-Men to life, and that they took up residence in an abandoned town in outback Australia.

Pryor now passionately hated Scott for leaving her. She volunteered to take charge of the X-Men's newfound computer system, and then manipulated the computers to censor the news they received about X-Factor so as to turn the X-Men against Summers' new team.

Pryor then began experiencing dreams sent her by the demons N'astirh and S'ym that exploited her deep insecurities and tempted her with offers of power. The dreams further awakened Pryor's latent powers and strengthened the darker side of her personality.

Pryor was then abducted to the mutant-enslaving island nation of Genosha by the Genoshan Press Gang who had found Pryor with a mutant who had escaped their country. The vengeful side of Pryor's personality grew much stronger during her captivity, and her latent powers continued to emerge.

Finally, Pryor's powers fully emerged, and due to her demonic corruption she took on the identity of the Goblin Queen. Although both N'astirh and Mister Sinister attempted to control Pryor, neither proved able to make Pryor their pawn. N'astirh launched an invasion of Earth from the other-dimensional realm known as Limbo, but the invasion was repelled by the combined forces of the X-Men and X-Factor, and both N'astirh and Sinister were defeated.

However, Pryor had managed to recover her son and planned to sacrifice him atop the Empire State Building in an occult ritual that would permanently link Limbo and Earth. By killing the baby, she would also take revenge on Scott Summers. The X-Men and X-Factor opposed Pryor, but she surrounded herself and Jean Grey in a force bubble of extraordinary strength whilst they fought each other. Grey held her own against her far more powerful opponent, and the X-Men and X-Factor finally succeeded in breaking through the force bubble. Pryor then unleashed a massive amount of force in order to destroy both herself and her opponents, but the mutant heroes succeeded in shielding themselves and baby Nathan from the effects of the blast.

Dying, Pryor linked her mind to Grey's, intending to take Grey into death with her. Pryor died, but Grey survived, taking back into herself the portion of her personality that Pryor had gained from the Phoenix Force.

Scott Summers and Jean Grey together raised Scott and Madelyne's son, Nathan, until they were forced to send him into the future to save his life from a techno-organic virus. Nathan returned to the X-Men's time as the adult mutant soldier known as Cable.

The genetic counterpart of Cable in the alternate timeline known as the Age of Apocalypse was Nate Grey, the mutant also known as X-Man. When Nate Grey first arrived in the X-Men's reality, he subconsciously sought to find his friend, the Jean Grey of his own reality. Nate Grey's psionic powers are so enormous that he thus subconsciously re-created Jean Grey's duplicate, Madelyne Pryor. Hence, Pryor became a "psionic shell" that duplicated her personality, powers, and memories.

At first the re-created Pryor befriended Nate, but as her powers re-emerged, so did her memories and her sinister personality. Lured away from Nate by the energy-draining mutant Selene, Pryor gained admission to the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club as it's new Black Rook, and became the lover of Sebastian Shaw. In time, and with the unintended assistance of Shaw's aide Tessa, Pryor regained her full mutant potential.

Pryor found Nate once more, and he revealed to her how he had re-created her. Pryor then attacked Nate, but she was repelled by Nate and Jean Grey.

It was later revealed that Nate was subconciously keeping Pryor's re-created form intact with his own incredible powers. Upon realizing this, Nate reclaimed his energies and thus Pryor ceased to be.

As the Goblin Queen, Pryor possessed enormous psionic abilities which allowed her to manipulate and generate energy to utilize for flight, to create powerful concussive force blasts, and to shield herself within force fields, among other feats.

APPEARANCES:
Avengers (1st series) #300
Cable #7, 44, 50, 63, 76
Excalibur #6
Marvel Comics Presents #16
Uncanny X-Men #168, 170-171, 173-176, 181, 185, 197, 200-201, 206, 215, 221-227, 229-243
Uncanny X-Men Annual #9, 12
X-Factor (1st series) #1, 27, 37-39
X-Man #5-7, 13-17, 20-25, 28, 30, 38-39, 41-47, 49-52
X-Man '96 Annual
X-Men and Alpha Flight #1-2

Paptimus
Maddie takes on Threnody. No contest, really. I love that quote.

Paptimus
Maddie in the X-Man era. ::sigh:: They were doing so well... and then they brought in ::shudder:: Queen Jean...

Paptimus
Yes, it's a certified obsession.

Paptimus
Madelyne and Jean at the end of Inferno.

Paptimus
Maddie has a chat with her time-displaced son.

Jury
Madelyne Pryor, the Goblin Queen

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/6663/pryor1.jpg

Jury
and another one. smile

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/5253/pryor2.jpg

Paptimus
Thanks Jury! Great scans! Here's another.

Paola
I loved her in Mutant X

Paptimus
Mutant X Maddie was much more well adjusted as a person, had the family we'd always wanted her to have, and above all... has her own action figure. geek

Paptimus
My apologies, I forgot the post. Here's a shot of the Mutant X Maddie figure.

Paola
wow! you really like her!

great Mutant X figure!

Paptimus
Maddie always seemed to be one of the most sympathetic characters of her day because of her status as, in her words, a "brood mare." Even during her darkest moments as the Goblin Queen, I felt sorry for her for what Scott had done to her. That was totally unforgivable.

That's why the Mutant X Maddie was such a breath of fresh air: 616 Maddie had gotten to the point where she was dominated, obsessed I daresay, with Jean Grey, believing that because of Jean she was doomed to be betrayed by any man she got close to. Mutant X Maddie didn't have that problem, and conversely came off as a much more rational, balanced look at Jean Grey's "better half."

I just wish she would have been able to get a rematch with Sinister before she was retconned out of existence. Sinister, bless his black, withered soul, is one of my favorite villains, but I would have greatly enjoyed seeing Maddie pull a Nate Grey (see X-Man #4) for what he did to her during Inferno.

RoguePw25
Madelyne the clone .. . . .when I first saw her, I thought she was Jean too. (seeing as I skipped a few Comic Issues)

I thought it was a really interesting storyline but I always wondered why Scott married her? It seemed to me like the only reason was that she looked like Jean.

Paptimus
You are correct. Direct quote from Scott himself:

"I married her (Madelyne) because she looked, felt, smelled like you. My senses told me she was you... even as my mind told me it couldn't be." - Cyclops, to Jean Grey, X-Factoe #38

Madelyne knew this even before Cyclops admitted it, as it was revealed to her in dreams sent by the demons N'astirh and S'ym, both of whom wanted to corrupt her for their own ambitions. Unfortunately for them, Madelyne proved rather... difficult to manipulate, much less control.

Personally, I was always waiting for Madelyne and Alex to get back together, or at least meet, when she was reincarnated. A relationship was definetely there, but by time the writers were too busy whoring Havok as the leader of the 'New Brotherhood' to give the old couple anything more than a passing mention (see X-Man #25). A disappointment, but one of many.

Paptimus
Alex and Maddie dancing the night away.

Paola
when did poor Maddie find out she was Jean's clone?

Paptimus
Well, there's two answers to that: Maddie first found out that she was Scott's replacement for Jean Grey in Uncanny X-Men #232, when she first saw Scott with the resurrected Jean Grey (who of course bore a starting resemblance to her) and put two and two together. Pretty soon afterwards S'ym and N'astirh began tormenting Maddie with dreams hinting at her origins. But Maddie remained ignorant of her status as a literal clone of Jean until Uncanny X-Men #241 where Mr. Sinister informed her none too gently of her origins. Maddie, understandably, didn't take it too well (and Sinister trying to kill her didn't help matters either) which prompted her to decide to kill young baby Nathan: not just to power her spell, but to deprive Sinister of the treasure he wanted most. Twisted? Certainly, but there's a logic to it. At least, if you're a woman who just found out your entire life has been a lie created by a scientist intent on using you as a brood mare and then trying to kill you.

Emtrexx
Hi!

I'm a big Madelyne fan too and it's nice to see there are others smile I agree, Paptimus, Madelyne was a sympathetic character even from the first place. I always liked characters who had painful and mysterious past, and Madelyne's absolutely one of them.
I liked this whole INFERNO-thing much, not even talking about the role Maddie played in it (poor her, she was only victim...)
I loved when she reappeared in the X-Man series (which is my all-time favourit big grin). It was fan too see them together.
I even have a fanart of her and him, I will try to post them here somewhere.

Paola
thanx a lot Paptimus! I didn't know about it.

Welcome Emtrexx! have fun in here...

Paptimus
It's no trouble. If you have any other Maddie queries, feel free to ask. Just think of me as the Madelyne Pryor encyclopedia. smartass wink

Paptimus
A pleasure to meet you, Emtrexx. There are few things in this world more pleasurable than meeting an individual who shares your passions. For me, Madelyne's appeal was largely because she seemed so much more human than Jean Grey. Maddie was brave, noble, loyal, vengeful, bitter, and paranoid. In short, she had both good points and bad, unlike Jean Grey. I agree, she was at her happiest in the X-Man series, and it was good to see her happy again after so long, even if for a short time. I'd love to see your fanart, Nate & Maddie make such a cute couple.

Paola
laughing out loud you certainly are!

notworthy

Paptimus
And to make my point, an image of Nate & Maddie dancing the night away to complement my earlier post of Maddie and Alex. Which brings to mind a question: which pairing fit more, Maddie X Nate or Maddie X Alex?

Paptimus
big grin

Emtrexx
Truer words were never spoken yes

Well, this picture has only Madelyne in it, fighting against Jean Grey during the Inferno.
And the other has X-Man (I'll show it later), so they aren't together in the picture.
These images were made with Photoshop, using some real photos, so they aren't the traditional fanarts.
How do you like it?

Well, Nate is my second favourit character (next to Madelyne, of course smile), but I think they don't fit together. Madelyne is genetically a mother to Nate! It was a little bit wierd to see them together... kissing each other

Emtrexx
Oh man, how in the hell can I attach image?
Perhaps now:

Paola
nice!

crazyspinz
madelyne pryor is hot wink

Spiderman_RJ
liked her alread, like a bad mj

Spiderman_RJ
paperbag3

Paptimus
eek! In a word: Wow. Upon seeing your Maddie art, I had to go check out your website, and I must say you are truly talented. clapping I certainly look forward to seeing more of your work in the future, especially of Nate. Words alone can't describe him.

Remember, AoA Mr. Sinister used Jean Grey's DNA to create Nate, unlike Cable who was Maddie's biological son. Granted that the two women share identical genetic templates, but the similiarities end there. Nate admitted to Jean Grey in X-Man #25 that he looked to her as a mother figure, or at least wanted to, while Madelyne was more a companion and friend. I can't see them ever having children or anything of that nature, but Nate really helped Madelyne recover from the pain she felt over Scott's betrayal and taught her that not every man saw her as just a cheap replacement for Jean Grey. In turn, Maddie helped Nate recover from his pain over Forge's death and the 'stranger in a strange land' syndrome he was suffering from, especially early on. Quote from X-Man #7:

Nate: Madelyne, I... I'm not real good with sayin' stuff... but ever since... I don't know... you make me... smile.

Madelyne: I know. There's something... special... between us, isn't there?

Paptimus
blink

Paptimus
More Madelyne for all.

Emtrexx
Thanks! Thank you very much smile Well, how did you manage to find your way with all these Hungarian stuff over there, on my website? alien1
So I guess you found my X-Man picture, too. There are some Hungarian words in it, too - soon I will change them to English.

Yeah, I know all about these. But a person who has almost the same genetic make-up as you, well that person is generally called a relative, at least, even if not mother exactly.

I agree. They were a lovely couple for sure. It's a shame both of them died (those Marvel guys killed all my favorit characters...sad) That's why I don't want to read the X-Man's last couple of issues. This way I still feel like they're just fine smile

(Huh, my English sucks... I'd rather just make more pictures and stop talking whip)

Paola
your english is just perfect! thumbsup

and marvel killed my Psylocke too... so let's all bash Marvel! tomato

Paptimus
Well, I'm no stranger to foreign-language websites. It's largely a matter of trial and error, and the fact that your art was conveniently linked as the top link to the left helped matters too. wink

Madelyne referred to Jean as her sister on occasion. Following that train of thought, that would make Maddie Nate's aunt, if I am not mistaken.

There are certain things that I refuse to acknowledge, and that's one of them. It's not that she died in and of itself. It was how she died. Perhaps the single worst piece of writing I've read in a Marvel comic, with the possible exception of the Mojoworld writeoff and the concept of Onslaught.

I can guarantee you your English is better than my Hungarian. wink Although truth be told, your English is superior to many Americans who grew up speaking English alone. Of course, I've learned this is something of a trend. Eh, don't mind me, just one of my tangents.

Paptimus
It's an interesting query as to which character received worse treatment, Madelyne or Psylocke. On the one hand, Psylocke survived a duel with the likes of the Shadow King and being gutted by Sabertooth, only to be killed by Vargas, in what was a rather blatant attempt to make Vargas look more impressive by killing off a classic character, much like they tried to make Holocaust look like more than a blithering idiot by massacring Avalon. thumbdown

Madelyne, on the other hand, was retconned right out of existence. After ripping continuity to shreds by writing her as dependent on Nate's energy after all, they add insult to injury with... Queen Jean. pissed Compared to this witch of poor writing, even blunders such as ignoring Longshot's existence for a decade looks tame (another rant entirely).

It's really hard to hate the people who create the characters you love so, but when they take the good names, dignity, and lives of said characters in one bold stroke of poor judgment, something inside you wonders. Oh well, that's what alternate-reality fanfiction and the like is for. thumbup

Paptimus
I couldn't resist

Emtrexx
What a relief! beer

Not even talking about that half of the links doesn't work yet smile

Yeah. It wasn't enough for them killing her once, they made her die once again, in a lot worse handled way...
About the INFERNO: quite a lame ending! They laid all the blame on Sinister for messing up with Maddie's life, and they let Cyclops live on neglectfully. Like it wasn't him who betrayed Madelyne - which drove her to the hands of S'ym and N'astirh. I hated that ending. Maybe it was made this way because the story was written by not only Claremont but other writers as well. I'm sure Claremont would came up with something ...umm.. more complex finishing. I wonder if Scott ever thought about Madelyne after she died.
(I haven't read the whole X-Factor series, but I heard there was an issue in which they cremated Madelyne, so he might have)
Was her second death even worse then this? fear
I'm picking up the X-Man backissues right now, so I don't really know what happened to her in the second half of the series. But it seems like I won't be happy reading them embarrasment

Spiderman_RJ
so nate is gay and he like forge???????????they killed psylock,for good? i though was one of those i died but :ʹll BE BACK! deaths..........
comon join me paola i already have 5 friends for a rampage on marvel office, someone discontent with spiderman future, gwens past, psilock death, avenger dissolution, let get to the guns and VIVE LA LIBERTEE!!!

Paptimus
Inferno was more or less a hastily-cobbled together attempt to get Maddie out of the way. The decision to resurrect Jean Grey has been a much-maligned one, and not without reason. Unfortunately, no matter how marketable the decision may have been, the writers had Madelyne in the way of Jean's return. Hence, Inferno. I totally agree that Sinister was used as the scapegoat of the story. Blame on the guy with the red diamond on his forehead. In fact, in X-Factor #39, Archangel even comes out and accuses Sinister of 'corrupting Scott'. Personally, I agreed with Alex's view on the matter - another reason why I was so disappointed when Havok never met up with Madelyne again during the X-Man era.

I can only speak from the issues I have read, and maybe I missed one where he pours his heart out in grief, but from what I have seen every indication would point to Scott more than happily burying Madelyne and forgetting she ever was after a few tears shed at the end of Inferno. In X-Man #25, Jean Grey even has the audacity to say of the matter: "Scott's finally put that... demon to rest." I don't care how they try to shift the blame to poor Sinister, Scott is and was the sole reason why Madelyne was driven nearly to madness during Inferno - and why when she returned in the pages of X-Man she was paranoid, hasty, and vengeful. It can all be traced back to one phone call in the pages of X-Factor #1. Hell, he didn't even show up for the birth of his own son!

You could say that. In X-Man #25 Madelyne clearly reveals that she is no longer dependent on Nate Grey for life. This could not be made any more clear through the actions of everyone in this issue. However, in X-Man #52, Nate was attacked by the Strikesquad Gauntlet, and during the battle Madelyne was buried alive by one of them. She managed to escape by teleporting but emerged withered and spent, ostenistibly because the battle had taken so much out of Nate, despite the earlier revelation. She decided her current state derailed any plans she might have had, and she left.

Alas, if only it could have ended on such an ambiguous note. However, in X-Man #67, we are introduced to "Queen Jean." Anyone who has ready any of my posts knows of my fervent hatred for Queen Jean. She is quite simply the worst plotline device ever conceived in a long line of bad plotline devices. What's Queen Jean's deal? Well, supposedly she's an evil Jean Grey from an alternate universe, and she was stalking Nate to use his power for her own ends or something of that nature. Fine and dandy. However, for completely unknown reasons, the writers decided to undo everything in previous issues. In the words of "the Queen" herself: "I replaced your Maddie several moths ago." In other words, none of the former issues of Madelyne slowly recovering from her trauma and blossoming once more mattered, because it was just some crazy broad from an alternate dimension pretending to be Maddie. And it gets better. Writer Stephen Grant has been quoted on some message boards with Madelyne having been impersonated by "Queen" Jean ever since X-Man #5, meaning that Madelyne's entire X-Man appearance was just a lie.

mad furious blowup

Okay, I'm fine. Really. wink Sorry if I get a little long-winded, it's just intensely frustrating to see characters with such potential written off in such absurd ways while mainstay bores like Cyclops and Wolverine bask in the joys of being included in every game, movie, and toy package. Feh. I apologize if my revelations shattered any hopes, although I suppose it's possible that Marvel might do something brilliant like undo everything from X-Man #45 on up.

Paptimus
Some Madelyne goodness to reward everyone for putting up with my long-winded posts.

Emtrexx
Hey, yours is a fine way to hide spoilers in a reply. I've never ever seen the like
Altough I can't read them right now because I'll get the mentioned issues in a couple of weeks now beer

Are you joking? They are fun to read!

Yeah, but it was built up so precisely, with resolving all the mysteries step by step... and Madelyne was sooo cool all the way, I liked it much. Except the ending. That just sucks...

Hmmm... That's how I thought it was, too. It's so sad

Well, she will reappear in 'X-Men: The End' so I doubt there would be a chance to bring her back somewhere else permanently.
The cover to 'X-Men: The End' #5 is quite a fine work otherwise thumbup
But X-Man were killed off permanently, and never ever had reappeared since then, so they could bring him back somewhere in the future... (unfortunately I can't see any chance to it either)
That little Maddie-image you posted earlier, it's sooooo cute lol

Groovetronic
Paptimus,

Thanks for all the Madelyne images. I too am fond of Madelyne, especially of X-Man era Madelyne. While I am glad to see Madelyne (or a facsimile thereof) back in X-Men: The End, she's not the tragic, haunting figure from X-Man, but instead (from what I saw at the end of the issue) the big haired cackler from Inferno.

Also, you show great taste in mecha shows via your Icon. I desperately await my Zeta Gundam DVD boxed set, on Pre-order!

Anodyne

ayjay
hellO! ummm....ah k...i have close to no idea about madelyn pryor....so i WILL read all these posts eventually to get educated...BUT....i wanna know...where did she find the goblins?

Anodyne
Originally posted by ayjay
hellO! ummm....ah k...i have close to no idea about madelyn pryor....so i WILL read all these posts eventually to get educated...BUT....i wanna know...where did she find the goblins?
They found her. S'ym approached Madelyne in what she *thought* was a dream. By playing on her anger towards the husband who'd left her for Jean Grey, he tricked her into binding herself to his version of reality.

N'Astirh contacted her via a computer, with an offer to recover her kidnapped baby for her. Madelyne accepted: she'd vowed to get her son back "no matter how long it takes or what it costs."

Most of the other demons/goblins came from a dimension called Limbo. S'ym and/or N'astirh tricked a mutant sorceress called Magick into opening a path from Limbo to Earth.

Emtrexx
Hello Anodyne!

Nice choice of name smile The X-Men & Alpha Flight (The Gift) story is one of my favorits wink Madelyne had some fun in that story at last.

She wanted to help people so much. She could do that when she turned into Anodyne, and later she joined that flying doctors-thing or what. It's sad there wasn't anyone who wanted to help HER sad Only Havok, maybe, that's why he is my second favorit character right next to Nate Grey smile

Thanks for the infos otherwise! eek!

One question: do you know what happened to Madelyne in X-Men The End #6? I haven't got that issue yet and I can't wait to see it smile

(sorry for my bad English )

DarkCrawler
Madelyne's lifestory:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=65

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/madelyne21.jpg

stormfront13
i also love madelyne pryor!!! imo she is so much better than jean grey

eleveninches
she's a nuttjob!

RoguePw25
Madelyn Pryor was a really interesting character for me! I loved reading about her!

Anodyne
Originally posted by Emtrexx
...One question: do you know what happened to Madelyne in X-Men The End #6? I haven't got that issue yet and I can't wait to see it smile

Fans are still arguing over whether that was the real Madelyne or a Warskrull disguised as her. She threw a tantrum that told uninformed readers everything they needed to know about who Madelyne Pryor is.

Now fans are debating whether a woman in X-Men: The End Book 2 #1 is Dust, Maddie posing as Dust, or a Warskrull posing as Maddie posing as Dust. confused

Sage Tessa
laughing

Perfectly stated... swank

Fla$hFreeZe
Hey, does anyone have a picture of this Kid Colossus? I don't have X-Men: The End #6 and I'm dying to see him.

Oh, and of Dust also? big grin

blaise
i feel for her ...about that whole situation...poor gurllll...

Groovetronic
So, what is the status of Madelyne in "The End"? I dropped it when I found out that the Stryfe and Madelyne in "The End" were clones. What a waste!

Remember, Nate Grey and Madelyne Pryor died for your sins!

CB

ScarletPheonix
If u go on the offical site 4 the x-men 3 movie the picture of jean grey looks like my 7th fave character Madelyne

bitca730
Can anyone tell me what her personality was like? Was she like a Jean Grey clone in every way? Or more of an Emma Frost type person?
She certainly beat Jean in the hotness factor as Goblin Queen, in that one pic (i think everyone knows which one im refering to) shes rivaling Emma...

ScarletPheonix
she was pretty much i psycho path in my piont of view but i still love her and go to http://www.uncannyxmen.net and then go to spot lights and look 4 maddys

Anodyne
Before you dismiss Madelyne as nothing more than a psychopath, consider Scott's observation in the first X-men/Alpha Flight mini. Ordinary humans, including Maddie, have acquired super-powers. Madelyne has become a healer, Anodyne. Scott tells his wife, "Interesting, the way these new powers seem to reflect primal aspects of your lives and personalities." "YOUR", not "THEIR". IOW, Scott recognizes healing as an expression of Maddie's fundamental nature. Anodyne was at least as much a part of Madelyne's true self as the Goblin Queen.

Later in the mini, they're hurrying to depart ahead of a blizzard when Scott leaves the plane in search of Rachel. Someone asks if they should go after him. Madelyne, as the pilot, responsibly decides, "NO! No-one else leaves the plane! We'll wait as long as we can, but I won't--I can't--sacrifice your lives, even for my husband." This woman--who has only recently learned she's pregnant--is putting her passengers' safety above her own personal desires. This is not the act of a psychopath.

Madelyne was a gutsy, loving woman. In UNX #215, we saw her brought back to consciousness by the thought of "something terribly, infinitely, irreplaceably precious--MY BABY!!?" For love of her child, she pitted ordinary human skill and courage against mutant powers and high-tech weaponry. She had a chance to escape: she could have waited till Arclight and Scalphunter had passed her hiding place, then run the other way. Instead, she attacked them--with a trashcan. "They grabbed me and my son. They won't keep either of us." She doesn't quit till she's shot dpwn and left comatose.

She also had a lively sense of humor. If you can find it, read the letter column in which Maddie responds to readers' comments about UNX #176--the honeymoon issue. It is totally hilarious, and I'll be grateful to anyone who is willing and able to put it online.

F_doomed
Hey dose any one have the pic where Maddie starts to demonize Rachel?

helios-sun-god
Originally posted by Paptimus
Madelyne and Jean at the end of Inferno.

I actually redrew this exact same image a while back.

helios-sun-god
Phoenix burning maddie away (A flash back shot in on of my fan fics)

helios-sun-god
This is the cover of one of my issues of my Fan Fic

helios-sun-god
Originally posted by Anodyne
Before you dismiss Madelyne as nothing more than a psychopath, consider Scott's observation in the first X-men/Alpha Flight mini. Ordinary humans, including Maddie, have acquired super-powers. Madelyne has become a healer, Anodyne. Scott tells his wife, "Interesting, the way these new powers seem to reflect primal aspects of your lives and personalities." "YOUR", not "THEIR". IOW, Scott recognizes healing as an expression of Maddie's fundamental nature. Anodyne was at least as much a part of Madelyne's true self as the Goblin Queen.

Later in the mini, they're hurrying to depart ahead of a blizzard when Scott leaves the plane in search of Rachel. Someone asks if they should go after him. Madelyne, as the pilot, responsibly decides, "NO! No-one else leaves the plane! We'll wait as long as we can, but I won't--I can't--sacrifice your lives, even for my husband." This woman--who has only recently learned she's pregnant--is putting her passengers' safety above her own personal desires. This is not the act of a psychopath.

Madelyne was a gutsy, loving woman. In UNX #215, we saw her brought back to consciousness by the thought of "something terribly, infinitely, irreplaceably precious--MY BABY!!?" For love of her child, she pitted ordinary human skill and courage against mutant powers and high-tech weaponry. She had a chance to escape: she could have waited till Arclight and Scalphunter had passed her hiding place, then run the other way. Instead, she attacked them--with a trashcan. "They grabbed me and my son. They won't keep either of us." She doesn't quit till she's shot dpwn and left comatose.

She also had a lively sense of humor. If you can find it, read the letter column in which Maddie responds to readers' comments about UNX #176--the honeymoon issue. It is totally hilarious, and I'll be grateful to anyone who is willing and able to put it online.

You're my hero lol. I loved every point you made.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.