Shaun Of The Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

<<Solo>>
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006A9FKA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DVD Release Date: December 21, 2004
Special Features: Not Yet Updated

Discuss.

Cinemaddiction
Pass.

<<Solo>>
I'm definately getting this, it's a must buy on my list.

MC Mike
** Not Passing Up **

big grin

BadKitty
yay!! thats great news!!

WindDancer
A perfect Holiday gift! I buying one for me and another copy as a gift!

Wolfie
Awesome movie, a must-have!

thegreatrudini
nanny nanny boo boo Ive got it already befor u lot na nah lol sorry u guys. I see the US release has a diff cover tho wander if the extras will be diff theres loads on mine

kanis
alien That movie was an absolute riot, and has most the characters out of spaced and black books like Simon pegg which is ironic that he is in that film because in a episode of spaced he actually dreams of shooting zombies.

*Danii*
I loved that movie! Just goes to show that British cinema still rocks!

MildPossession
I am looking forwards to seeing Peggs as a zombie in Land of the Dead, and also their new movie Hot Fuzz when they start making it.

It's been out for ageeees here in England, still yet to buy it on dvd though lol. Saw it at the cinemas though.

kiyana_ayame
I will always love this film (and not just because its a fab film) When me and my mates went to see it in the cinema for my best mates 17th bday. Theres this one part where some zombie kid kicks a football at Shaun, my mate actually screamed. Everyone in the cinema turned round and looked at her as if you say 'idiot' and the rest of our group sat there giggling through the rest of the film.

Unholy_Cheese
I didnt see it in cinemas though it sounds decent

Aleera1138
I saw the preview and it does look worth seeing atleast once and you have got to love British Humor big grinbig grin

Cinemaddiction
I'm going to murder the next mother****er that mentions "British Humor".

Seriously.

<<Solo>>
Interesting Development.

<<Solo>>
This was a great movie, the british humor was hilarious.

Morpheus
raver Happy Dance Happy Dance beer

Snipes
i think Cinemaddiction is full of empty threats

stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
Well, the mindset for murder is ever constant. Me actually carrying it out though is a different story.

I'll probably end up renting "Shaun" once more, not for the humor, but just do have a better basis on which to debate it.

Wolfie
You're stronger than any of us then, Cinemaddiction. When I hate a movie, I wouldn't ever consider seeing it again, especially paying for the rental (though I gave Final Destination 2 a second chance, liked it better).

WindDancer
No extras? I hope is not a skeleton dvd. confused

Darth_Big_Boy
Can't wait. I need to get the R2 version as well because it has a zombie commentary that supposedly isn't going to be on the US release.

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, but with "28 Days Later", "TCM" and "Monty Python", it took 3 viewings to really get into it. I ended up loving all 3. I didn't even hate "Shaun", I just went in expecting too much I think. I'm not a fan of romantic comedies, and that may have hurt it. Like I said, I'll rent it again, cuz after seeing the trailer a few times, and looking at pics, I was reminded of what I did actually like.

Where Amazon failed, Best Buy picked up.

*Missing Bits: Outrageous outtakes and all new deleted scenes not shown in theaters

*Raw Meat: Never-before-seen casting tapes, Simon Pegg's video diary and special effects comparisons

*TV Bits: Includes an interview with Coldplay

*Un-censored commentary with the cast and crew

*Zombie photo gallery

*Zomb-O-Meter (zombie trivia)

Mr Zero
Wow - you guys are getting screwed.... The region 2 extras are:

Audio commentary from actor/writer Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright
Audio commentary from actors Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Dylan Moran, Kate Ashfield and Lucy Davis
Audio commentary from actors Bill Nighy and Penelope Wilton
Audio commentary from the zombies!
Extended bits with audio commentary
Outtakes
'The Man Who Would Be Shaun': Simon Pegg and Nick Frost impersonate Sean Connery and Michael Caine
'Plotholes': comic strip sequences with voiceover from Lucy Davis, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost including What Happened To Shaun When He Ran Off? / What Happened To Diane When She Left The Winchester? / How Did Ed Get From The Cellar To The Shed?
Extended edits of the TV Shows within the movie: Coldplay on T4 / Fun Dead (full version of It's a Knockout Zombies) / Trisha - 'Your nine lives are up!' / Trisha - 'I married a monster'
'Remembering Z Day': an interview with Jeremy Thompson
'Electronic Press Kit' featurette
Vignettes: Simon's cam / Lucy's cam / Joe's diary
'Edgar Wright's and Simon Pegg's Flip Chart': a presentation of the first draft
SFX comparison from Double Negative
Make-up tests
Photo Gallery: photo's by Simon, Lucy and Charlotte
Poster Designs: from the original Oscar poster to the final official poster
2000AD Strip: 'There's Something About Mary'
TV spots
Official trailer
Official teaser trailer
'Fright Fest' exclusive trailer

I cannot even begin to tell you how great the zombie commentary is.

The Inkeeper
not sure if its in there, but the Airline version of shaun of the dead stick out tongue
where **** is replaced with Funk laughing out loud

Darth_Big_Boy
All the more reason I want the R2 disc.

Cinemaddiction
Extras have never been a real big deal to me, personally. It's got a commentary, so if I end up buying it, that's fine.

WindDancer
Bought myself a copy this morning. Prolly I'll spend Christmas day watching this DVD. big grin

Cinemaddiction
Just finished a viewing, with the cast commentary. About to go watch it again on the big screen, for free. cool

Cinemaddiction
There's a segment in the deleted scenes called "Funky Pete" where they show the entire aapartment sequence where he spouts off at Ed and Shaun. All "funking", all the time.

In the commentary, they ask what word was used for, how do I circumvent the filter..kuh-nt, like couch? lol.

dean7879
i always view films a couple of times if first time around im not to impressed

ist view of tenebrae i didnt like it
2nd viewing i enjoyed it more
and now its just a classic in my eyes

i now have to view 2001 a space oddyssey again...i definetly need a second opinion on that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.