Which Actor/Actress Should Have Never Appeared In A Comic Book Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Which actor or actress do you think should have never appeared in a comic book movie?

BadKitty
Edward Furlong was in a comic book movie?

TheFilmProphet
Yeah, The Crow:Wicked Prayer which is coming soon.

Edward Furlong .... Jimmy Cuervo
David Boreanaz .... Luc Crash/Death
Tara Reid .... Lola Byrne
Dennis Hopper .... El Nino

BadKitty
yikes! that sounds pretty lousy to me...it gets my vote

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I thought it would

Havoc470
as much as i'd hate ed furlong playing the crow i dont think it would beat my hatred for affleck lol

manjaro
i would say the chick who played jean in x-men. she is borderline ugly. i mean, she's hot for 'regular girl walking down the street" standards, but she's very ugly for a movie star with those gross bags under her eyes. also, she turned out to be some transexual pedophile in nip/tuck which turned me away even more

Havoc470
O_o so you'd prefer femmke jansen (i think i spelled that wrong) out of the picture than, ben affleck , alba, furlong, clooney, or oniel?

Linkalicious
obviously this is Shaq...because Steel was the worst movie ever.

But taking a close 2nd place. Michael. Clark. Duncan

Havoc470
heheh, good point

Paola
I hope Jennifer Lopez never makes it into a comic movie....

Mane
i hope Bill O'Reilly naver makes it into a comic movie.

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

Right on! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is their any chance we can substitute someone from the poll?

And also add someone if anyone has any requests?

Paola
just tell who you want me to change for who and you got it, Proph!

(I hadn't seen the poll embarrasment)

TheFilmProphet
Thats ok but at least you know its there now.

How about Michael Clark Duncan for Tobey Maguire?

Paola
done!

TheFilmProphet
Thanks http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/hug.gif

Paola
happy

Nataku8188
Tobey.

I hate him with all of my soul.

TheFilmProphet
Sorry, wink

I just had his spot on the poll traded with Michael Clark Duncan.

HarmonicFlo88
I didn't like Toby playing Peter Parker either.

J Lo would be great in a comic film, shes got tha ass for a psylocke. Jessica Alba is freaking hot too...in an interview she said "i kept thinking my butt looked too big while shooting"....HELL YEAH. shes invisible woman, in fantastic four.

I didn't like tha guy who played wolverine...damn i forgot his name. but yea he was totally way too tall. wolverine is supposed to be like 5'3'' where that guy was 6'2'' i think. cyclops seemed too pansy for his character who's a leader and of course rogue was too young...her WHOLE character was ruined. halle berry was perfect for storm though, as was prof. x, magneto and mystique.

I agree with whoever said jean grey was horrible, she was ugly period. not hot as a regular girl on tha street either. and ben affleck....i think daredevil fit him though...it was tha man who played kingpin that was off race.

Also, check this out peepz. they usually had your average x-men comic in tha movie...nothin too special. wut they need to do is make tha next movie with a storyline much like a crossover x-men comic. where you see a variety of mutants all fighting some really powerfull enemy, usually apocalypse...and tha powerfull guys' crew. i know this is off topic, but i'm just saying...tha storylines sucked.
I can wait for tha next x-men movie, cuz i hated tha whole phoenix thing...but i'd love to see how they **** up that character too.

Of course they're prolly startin out "small", as x-men was from tha start of its series. if thats truly tha case, i guess i have to wait a decade for wut i wana see in tha x-men movies.

And about tha cast...who chooses them? i think bob harras should choose...or chris claremont. not some dumbass director that knows next to nothing about tha characters.

TheFilmProphet
Just because they are attractive (excluding JLO sick ) that doesn't mean they should just start playing random comic book characters in movies that they don't even look like.

I had no problem with Tobey but maybe thats just me.

HarmonicFlo88
Just because they are attractive (excluding JLO ) that doesn't mean they should just start playing random comic book characters in movies that they don't even look like.

Well that is your opinion.....but anyone can dye their hair. comic art isn't really specific on facial features so actually anyone can be made to look like a comic character .

TheFilmProphet
She isn't what she used to be wink

Anyway if you don't cast the actors/actress according to the characters looks at least 80% then you will end up with movies like Catwoman, Daredevil, and Fantastc Four.

HarmonicFlo88
You forgot to mention X-Men.

I really think that hair and face dont matter. i mean artists all draw differently. but race/height/types of clothes they wear, that is wut should be looked at. take Jessica Alba for example, she has blonde hair in Fantastic Four. is it a wig? was it dyed? who cares its a blonde...and invisible woman was blonde. maybe her lips are a lil sexier but who said invisible woman didn't have sexy lips? white woman can have sexy lips.

See wut i mean? you really can't argue facial features. but EVERYONE can tell you that wolverine is not taller than cyclops. or that kingpin was not black...etc.

Havoc470
psylocke is british, not a puerto rican from the bronx...and her acting is friggin horrible...i dont think thats worth seeing her ass since you could just watch her music video's lol

sure hugh jackman was too tall for wolverine, but he hit the character perfectly, danzig sure as shit cant act and he is the closest to wolverine i could think of

Paola
NO!!! anyone but Psylocke!! no no no no no!!! sick

sorry, I just had to let that out...

HarmonicFlo88
Actually psylocke's body is oriental. and i made that comment about her being phylocke because i can't think of any actress finer to fit that character. prolly not perfect..lol paola..but when it comes to looks, they are both consistent in being tha finest in comics and hollywood.

Paola
you can't think of anyone?

what about this:

HarmonicFlo88
Angelina! yea i'll agree with you paola....she'd be awesome.

TheFilmProphet
Your making it seem like any woman in the world can just put on a blonde wig and play Sue Storm when it isn't like that. wink

Jessica Alba does not look like Sue Storm and beyond that she is a horrible actress.

Paola
OF COURSE!! happy

Havoc470
meh, i dont like her acting much, i thought kate bekinsale would be a good psylocke, and it wont be long till angelina is decided to play about 90% of the women in comics, i hear anyone suggest angelina for alot of female characters and alot of people agree

TheFilmProphet
How about her as Psylocke?

http://www.maximonline.de/images/ladies/natassia2.jpg

manjaro
im starting to think that Paola has an unhealthy infatuation with psylocke.Totally my kind o girl.
back on topic i hate tob as well. i dont likle te way he speaks;as if he's 2 secs away from passing out.

i dont like Halle Berry as Storm cuz she didnt look ethnic enuff, meaning i didnt buy her as an African(she can sit on my face anytime however)

i too hated tht Van helsing guy. Tom cruise would have been an excellent wolvie, he too is 5'3, and he has the facial structure as to how we are accustumed to him

that Jean Lady still makes my skin crawl though.

TheFilmProphet
No offense but I just can't hold it......... laughing

And just for the record he is a little taller than 5'3 stick out tongue

Elektra_lover
Angi would be an amazing Psylock

Asian Hulk
Eric Bana would played the role as Bruce Banner and Jennifer Connelly as Betty Ross in the Hulk movie.

MERCILOUS
So many good choices on that poll! I just closed my eyes and clicked. DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!

Mr Parker
Michael Keaton should be an option to choose from because its a close tie between him and George Clooney as the worst casting choice in comicbook history along with Halle Berry as catwoman..Casting Keaton as batman was the worst casting choice in comicbook history because he was so physically wrong for the role.Thank god they are remaking Batman with batman Begins and cast Bale for the role since he IS physically right for the role.Good bye pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt michael keaton,hello tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Chistian Bale/Bruce wayne. Clooney is a close second because Bruce wayne is suppose to be a handsome dude,Clooney is not at all good looking.

the worst casting choices would be
1.Michael Keaton as batman
2.Clooney as batman
3.Halle Berry as catwoman.

TheFilmProphet
I agree with number 2 and 3 (not in that order) but not with number 1. wink

laughing out loud

Nataku8188
I refuse to see catwoman, im waiting to get arrested and see that in lieu of jailtime. God knows its just as bad.

TheFilmProphet
Your right laughing out loud

manjaro
that movie was horrible! Sharon Stone was the worst thing that happened to the movie............then the plot. i mean it was like an episode of Josie and the Pussy Cats. The rag tag group(all encompassed by Berry) who tries to take down te big bad company that's looking to exploit people. horrible, just horrible.

TheFilmProphet
I could have written a better movie in my sleep. laughing out loud

Mr Parker
as I mentioned earlier,Michael Keaton should be on that list since he gets my number one vote but since he is not and my other choices of Clooney and Halle Berry are on the list, its a close call between Berry as Catwoman and Clooney as batman,I went with Berry but its a coin flop with those two.

TheFilmProphet
Well hopefully the new Batman film next year will make us forget a little about any bad casting choices made with Batman in the past.

Mr Parker
As I have said many times before,they seem to be pushing all the right buttons with this new Batman film and they seem to have a script writer and a director who understands the Batman mythos.Batman fans really need a really good kickass batman movie to forget the god awful nightmares of the past 4 Batman movies because they ALL really sucked.Hopefully this new Batman movie will please all Batman fans and erase the Burton/Schumacher nightmares.Nolan at least cared enough about the fans to cast somebody who physically fit the role and not just cast someone because he was friends with him and felt comfortable working with him.Because of that,I am optimistic and have faith in Nolan.Plus its called BATMAN BEGINS so the film will be all about Batman and mostly about him where the problem that many batman fans had with Burtons batman films was the casting choice of Keaton for the role because of his physical build and because the first two were all about the villains and Batman was just a supporting character in them so at least they wont be making those mistakes this time and BATMAN fans will FINALLY get an awesome BATMAN movie hopefully. smile

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I think your right about the new film Mr. Parker

So far Mr. Affleck seems to be leading the poll with 4 votes.

pr1983
1.ben affleck
2.halle berry (why, why, why, why, why?)
3.kilmer

as for keaton, maybe he didnt physically fit it, but i thought he played the role really well

TheFilmProphet
yeah I agree

Make that 5 votes

MERCILOUS
Keaton could act. Clooney could act like an ass.

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

Mr Parker
another option you forgot to include in there Film Prophet was Chris O'donnel as robin.The worst thing about batman forver being him.Not only was he wayyyyyy too old to be adopted,his acting sucked.

Paola
omg!!! and silverstone as batgirl!!
I totally forgot about her...

Alpha Centauri
Kevin Costner.

Oh wait.....I thought this was who should have never appeared in a movie.

As far as comic books, Halle Berry is hot. When she comes down the stairs in "X2", whooo. However, clothes no matter how tight and/or revealing, maketh not the movie. So, I will say her.

How about, who SHOULD appear in a comic movie?

Angelina Jolie as Psylocke. My vote.

*Drools*

-AC

MERCILOUS
I love Arnold, but damn him for playing Mister Freeze! Actually that "Batman and Robin" could very well be the worste movie ever made. BURN YOU BURN!

TheFilmProphet
Feel free to add her to the list Paola. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Paola
I would need to replace someone for that

TheFilmProphet
Well you can replace Michael Clark Duncan or Val Kilmer.

Paola
why don't I just vote for "other"?

TheFilmProphet
Well you can do that too, either choice is fine with me.

MERCILOUS
Clark Duncan didn't fit the role physically (yes he's big but I doubt hard-headed italians would allow a black man to rule the mob in NY.) but he's a good actor.

TheFilmProphet
yeah I agree.

crazyspinz
ben afleck should go to hell, i was looking at those higher detailed marvel classic action figures, because i colect marvel stuff, they all looked pretty sweet, then i saw dare devils and HE LOOKED LIKE BEN AFLECK! mad mad no this made me very angrey

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

I agree

pr1983
thats the eason i didnt buy it

crazyspinz
ya, i didnt buy it either, in fact i was so discusted i forgot to buy the juggernaut one right beside it. now i dont have any..... sad

all i have are those little 2 inch tall metal figures of marvel heros, they are cool

MERCILOUS
Ben Affleck does deserve hell. But higher crimes still are those of George Clooney, who turned the Dark Knight into a unfunny version of Quagmire.

crazyspinz
this is true, but Batman movies lost there respect long before that. if it was the first verson of him, i would have puked

MERCILOUS
Good point. The Batman sequels showed exponential decline.

Perhaps even worste than the sequal, the spin-off.

I refuse to watch it on principal, and would rather pluck my eyes than have to sit threw it.

TheFilmProphet
Very good points.

Below is a picture of Edward Furlong as the Crow in one of the most recent horrible cast decisions. sick

http://www.fredhayes.com/photogallery/Eddie%20Furlong.jpg

pr1983
f*ck me....

MERCILOUS
We are all doomed.

TheFilmProphet
Indeed sad

Darth Jello
Natassia Malthe. Only Fairuza Balk could play Typhoid

MERCILOUS
May I inquire to as your Avatar? I've seen one cartoon with that character in it, it was the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. Has that particular animator made any other cartoons or have related cartoons been made?

Darth Jello
don hertzfeldt, it's from Rejected. his other cartoons are ah, lamour, lilly and jim, billy's balloon, genre, and the animated trilogy.

Darth Jello
let me further my argument, this is Typhoid.

Darth Jello
now, who looks more like typhoid, Natassia Malthe-

MERCILOUS
Thank you.

And you're right about Typhoid. I don't usually read DD but I saw that cover and couldn't help picking it up.

Darth Jello
or fairuza balk

MERCILOUS
Lovely.

Darth Jello
don't get me started on the way they totally bullshitted her powers. they took a schizo mutant who had the potential to rival magneto as a global threat and turned her into a cheap ripoff of Pestilence.

MERCILOUS
I won't.

AMN Inc
Clooney. A jock playing Batman? Let's get Spike Dudley to play the Hulk while we're at it.

TheFilmProphet
true laughing out loud

Zee (R.I.P. Aal
i think jssica alba would be awsome in a comic movie like fathom and j.lo can be a good witchblade so could jennifer connally and jenn garner but george clooney was horrible so was any movie with ben affleck its good colin, jennifer and micheal saved Daredevil

Zee (R.I.P. Aal
quick question to darth jello are u a hard core typhoid mary fan? well if u are then you should at least be happy she is at least in a movie because there is probally gonna be no black widow movie

TheFilmProphet
Well so far the top 4 are,

Ben Affleck: 9 votes

George Clooney: 5 votes

Shaq: 4 votes

Halle Berry: 3 votes

Jennifer_Tilly
Ben Afleck he's hott but didnt really care to much for DD

TheFilmProphet
same here, except te hot part because I'm a guy. Ben now has 10 votes

Dazzler619
You guys are gonna disagree with me on this but I have to say Famke Janseen and Uma Thurman

TheFilmProphet
Maybe Uma but in my oppinion not Famke.

supremthor
Shaquille Oneil

TheFilmProphet
yeah laughing out loud

Joker1237
Weres the vote for Arnie??

Joker1237
Ok I skim though the whole thing, and I think Ben did not do a Bad job as DD. Agree it was not GREAT. But he was better Than Barry, Clonney and others.

Again a fair job, but not Great.

TheFilmProphet
I have 10 votes that disagree. big grin

Joker1237
Just saying I think he did a fair job, that is below Good or Great. But above Bad.

Bad goes to Barry, Clooney, Anie, Sliverstone, That guy who played Bane and Yor the Hunter. (Worse movie of all time imo. But Batman and Robin is not far behind.)

You start thinking whats Bad after you saw Batman and Robin, and DD was NOT Bad. But it was fair lol.

TheFilmProphet
Well I think its fair to say that DD was the worse Marvel film.

pr1983
true... but are we including the punisher (both versions) and the old ff movie?

Joker1237
DD was better than the old Punisher movie with Dolp Laundand or what ever his name is.

Maybe Ivon Drago sould have been added to the list.

TheFilmProphet
Actually The Punisher (2004) was a good film, it just wasn't a hit in the box office.

Technically the old FF film wasn't a Marvel film because it wasn't officially released. evil face

pr1983
punisher 2004 wasnt bad, but i was really disappointed with robbing mad max and what i thought was a poor ending

bakerboy
It depends in wich role we are talking about. I think that it no depends so much of the actor, its more an issue of he/she is well casted in that role. Michael keaton was a bad batman, halle berry was poor as storm and as catwoman, jessica alba is at first a bad choice as invisible woman , but we have to wait. ben afleck was a poor matt murdock and a right daredevil, kilmer and clooney were poor acting, althougth kilmer looked more as batman than the other two. Clarke duncan was good as kingping, kirsten dusnt was terrible as mary jane and shaq isnt an actor. I dont remember in which movie was furlong.

TheFilmProphet
He is in the upcoming straight to video Crow film, "Crow: Wicked Prayer" starring as the Crow.

TheFilmProphet
What do you mean robbing Mad Max?? Do you mean the car?

Didn't seem like a poor ending to me at all.

miahera
Halle Berry as catwoman? Blech! Jessica Alba isn't invisible woman material. she seems too young. not a Ben Affleck fan but the DD movie wasn't bad.

TheFilmProphet
I agree

Mr Parker
Originally posted by miahera
Halle Berry as catwoman? Blech!

glad to see someone else who agrees with me that Berry sucked as catwoman since catwoman is suppose to be sexy and hot looking when Berry is so ugly looking.Thats right up there with keaton and clooney as the worst casting choice in comicbook history.

pr1983
i meant the running over of his family (stolen so blatantly from mad max)...

the battle itself at the end disappointed me...

berry is good looking imo, but she was a disgrace as catwoman...

Beyonder
HarmonicFlo88, manjaro, you two think Famke Janssen is ugly?

You mean her?

http://zavarka.com/picture/famke-janssen/1.jpg

http://www.bashfulmonkey.com/Aesthete/0Actresses/Images/FamkeJanssen.jpg

Beyonder
smile

Beyonder
big grin

Beyonder
wink

TheFilmProphet
I felt differently about the film, but I guess we all have our own views. wink

Paola
aw Famke is beautiful! eek!

Beyonder
one eye Yeah, she is...

pr1983
i think famke is pretty good looking, and she wasn't a bad jean imo...

Joker1237
Barry is not ugly, I think she is hot, But she was a poor Catwoman.

And Keaton was a great Batman, if he was so bad, how come after all these years you still bringing him up as a bad Batman evey day of the week?

TheFilmProphet
yeah! smokin'

Lord Shadow Z
I'd say all of them except Val Kilmer. The rest are acting retards who never should have been considered, and I'm swiftly including Tobey Maguire in that category as well

Guinha
Barry was a horrible catwoman

Lord Shadow Z
Barry?

Guinha
sorry
I meant Berry - Halle Berry

Lord Shadow Z
I was actually a bit worried that a guy called barry played catwoman...Although considering what halle berry looks like thats probably an easy mistake to make.

TheFilmProphet
Regardless of whether you think she looks ugly or beaiutiful, she doesn't look like a man. wink

jenn624
please won't someone just make Ben Affleck go away??

please??

sick

followed closely by Halle Berry in any comic book heroine role

TheFilmProphet
With 11 votes for Ben alot of us are wishing for the same. sad

Lord Shadow Z
Well...thats debatable. I read an article where a man was Halle Berry's stunt double for Catwoman so the director obvoiusly thought that a masculine figure would pass for her.

Mr Parker
When Berrys hair is short like it was in the bond movie,when you just look at her in the face alone,damn she looks a lot like a man. eek! sick sick so yes its very debateable.glad to see another poster who agrees with me that Berry is ugly looking. Happy Dance

Lord Shadow Z
Well she is, it's nothing personal it's just her man-features are not attractive and I only like her in one movie and thats "The Last Boy Scout" an thats only because her character is in it for five minutes before she's machine-gunned by someone... christ she can't act to save her life and when I saw her recreating that famous walking out the ocean scene in a bikini in Die Another Day I almost threw up, the woman is repulsive. She should never have been Storm from X-Men, thats way to cool a character to soil with her presence.

TheFilmProphet
Sorry but that proves no point at all. wink

Angelina Jolie had a MALE do her stunts in Tomb Raider 2, so would you say she also looks like a man because her stunt double was a man???

If a stunt man has a feminine/skinny body then it is likely that he could be the one chosen to the female actress' stunts.

Lord Shadow Z
Angelina doesn't look like a man but at the same time she's not good looking, its probably her personality she gives off in the press thats attractive to most people. But still, I think it is kind of insulting to the actress if a male stunt guy is used for her and people find out about it, because its sending off the message that " hey, I can make a man pass as Halle Berry". So she obviously must bear some kind of resemblance to a guy as they wouldn't have used him. And don't go rushing off saying "ah, but he's not going to be on long enough to see him" because in this age of DVDs thats not much of a clever arguement.

pr1983
ok, first of all, maybe they couldnt find a female stunt double that fit...

and every guy has different ideas of whats attractive, i like halle berry, and i dont think jolie is too bad, but everyone is different...

clickclick
Angelina Jolie looks good to me. I think Halle Berry is attractive but im not really attracted to her. I really dont like haircuts that short anyway. To each their own I guess but its funny seeing how judgemental some guys can be despite their own flaws.

She doesnt have to resemble a guy to use a guy stunt double. That is just reaching.

Asian Hulk
------ CAST OF CHARACTERS------
TOBEY MAGUIRE ----------------------- Peter Parker/Spiderman
CHRISTIAN BALE ---------------------- Bruce Wayne/Batman
BRANDON ROUTH ------------------------ Clark Kent/Superman
ERIC BANA ------------------------- Bruce Banner/Hulk
MATT DAMON -------------------------- Wally West/Flash
BEN AFFLECK ------------------------- Matt Murdock/Daredevil
JOHN CUSACK --------------------- Lex Luthor
JOSH LUCAS --------------------------- Maj.Glenn Talbot
WILHEM DAFOE ---------------------------- Green Goblin
ALFRED MOLINA --------------------------- Doc Ock
MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN -------------- Kingpin
COLLIN FARRELL ------------------------ Bullseye

Lord Shadow Z
No you misunderstand, I think there were also female stunt doubles for her in the movie but they used a guy as well, why I don't know but it sends a message.

TheFilmProphet
I agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.