who do we hate more Vodie or umbridge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tigress
hmm heres a question ive been musing on for a while, who do we hat more Voldie or umbridge I for one cant decide help please cool

row476
I hate Voldie more- because he killed Harry's parents, and because he's killed lots more people than Umbridge, and because he's more evil (i think at least) grrrr

CoolWizard
Yeah defintely Voldermort, as he is the archenemy of the HP series. Umbridge was only in there for one book. She was annoying and somewhat adistic but Voldermort is by far more worthy of our hate.

Elondra
I absolutely love Voldy.

you-know-who
i think that voldie is nucken futs! but id have to say that out of the 2 voldie is worse although him and umbridge have almost the same points of view (voldie about mudbloods and umbie about half breeds) voldie is worse because he's the one that took more action of his hatred. where Umbie doesnt get n e followers and just uses her powers in the minestry to do what she wants... so all in all i think i'd hate voldie more if i diddnt think he was so cool... :P:P(lol):P:P

pretty angel
yeah voldie is the worst but umbridge is pretty evil too

tigress
still cant decide I hate them both

Jackie Malfoy
I guess Umbrige!I do dislike she gets me so mad when I am reading the book that I start screaming at the book!
Sure the darklord did some awful things but on my list Umbrige has to be the worst of both of them!
I sure hope seh is not in any of the other books!DIE UMBRIDGE DIE!(Laughs wickly!)jm Happy Dance mad

CabaZ
I dont think u can compare them!! Its like who do u hate more pevees or Quirrel?! O_O
They r different..both r the oposite-character... but 4ex. Umbie is sooo unbearable!!! makes u insane!!! mad
N Voldie is evil n cruel n has real real dark daaark thoughts. confused Though...Umbie has them 2... but in a smaller dimension.o.O

I hate voldie n i cant take Umbie...!!!!!! >.<

"naie sabe mas q el otro d esta vida... naa es seguro"

willysp
Umbridge, cuz she has had more book time to make everyone mad mad

~DaPirateFreak~
Umbridge....at least Voldie goes around letting every1 know he is evil....unlike Umbridge who bides her time then turns in2 a horrid beast when u least expect it 2....Acting all sweet & innocent sick

BlackHatDefect
Neither,I never hate villians..I hate stus/sues

Phoenix
I hate Umbridge, because she pretends that what shes doing is good, and for the benefit of wizards. Voldi knows he's evil and doesn't care - he enjoys it, revels in being despised. When voldie tortures someone its because he hates them - Umbridge says she is helping them become a better person!

~DaPirateFreak~
Exactly yes

shaber
Umbridge is more loathesome (picking my adjective carefully)

tigress
I agree cool thanx indeed I agree that umbridge is more worthy of being hated though voldie comes in a very close secondon a parr with the dursleys of course

~Air Angel~
I couldn't have said it better Phoe...totally agree! yes

dark1365
At least umbridge didn't kill Harry's parents.

~Air Angel~
true.................. but she's so evil....and she thinks she's good... she reminds me of the dursleys ... kinda

Red X
Umbridge, shes annoying and mean, While Voldie is an all in all cool dark lord.

MY FIRST STATEMENTS IN TO DO LIST:

Beat the crap out of Umbridge
Beat the living crap out of Umbtidge
Beat the living crap out of UMbridge some more.

ladygrim
Voldie is minted ...umbridge is just an arsehole that needs to sort out her priortys and get her attitude problems

dark1365
very well put!

ladygrim
by the way i missed sorted out on the end of my previous post...

ada
You took the words right out of my mouth Ladygrim!

ladygrim
big grin

RoguePw25
it's kind of hard to say. I can't stand voldy for everything's that he's done, but umbridge .. . .eeee.. . can't stand her either.

ada
Voldemort is way important, but Umbridge? Dunbledore should of left her to the Centaurs!

dark1365
Yes I agree wholeheartedly.

Shonk-Da-'Onk
Voldie is Evil....& isn't afraid to show it big grin

Umbridge is an Evil with witch a B & is so sly and evil and and and...Just GRRRRRR mad

ada
I REALLY hope Voldemort gets a hold of Umbridge and tortures her forever!

ladygrim
god that wud be great wink

dgeniu
I absolutely hate Umbridge! Sure, Volders is the main bad guy, he`s supposed to be psychtic etc etc, but Umbridge?! What`s her problem?? Why is she being such a ... to Harry and the others?? She`s just sick!

ladygrim
shes needs shooting in the foot

dark1365
Or the kneecaps. Which is why mankind invented the BR55 Rifle.

ladygrim
big grin kewl ...

dark1365
The BR55, my weapon of choice.

TheSun
I think Dolores is very misunderstood, and we should look at her point of view before killing her.

ladygrim
piont of view..blink

theres nothing to look at shes a complete and utter biatch for no reasoon

Joscail
I agree with what has been said about not being able to compare the two.

But the reader is put in a position to hate Umbridge more then they do Voldermort because of the first person view of Umbridge the reader gets through Harry. When Umbridge is being put forward it's directly from Harry's (the hero's) point of view: "She did this", "She said that", "Harry felt...because Umbridge". where as with Voldermort it's more second hand information, with Harry 'dreaming', articles in the news, over-heard information from adults, it isn't directly affecting Harry at the specific point in which the reader is responding to.
To give it a identifiable connection to us ask, who do you dis-like more, teachers or the government. The teachers are there, in your face, drumming shit that you don't want to know into your head. But the system wouldn't be what it is if the government wasn't the way it is, but the teachers are there, they effect the here-&-now. The imediate, direct affect is the one most people will take a disliking to most....as it is with Umbridge & Voldermort in the Order of the Phoenix.

TheSun
Umbridge is doing what she believes is right, and she was right as well! If the whole wizarding community knew that Voldemort is abck, there'd be panic and chaos, and Dumbledore and the Order would have a right old time attempting to contain the madness. She had to be a strict disciplinarian inside Hogwarts for if Harry had expounded his theories any more, he may have gottn his message out, and chaos would reign, thus making Voldemorts job of genocide much easier. Plus, as a teacher, she deserves a little respect, and she was right to introduce those Educational Decrees if they brought her that deserved respect.

Joscail
Umbridge had the right idea, trying to bring a more ordered education system to Hogwarts, but the way she went about it & the character was portrayed in an awfulway to provoke the dis-like in readers.

<<<This is as bad as asking what character concept is worse, Agent Smith or the machines from Marix! It's impossible to get any type of one-way-or-the-other answer!>>>

ladygrim
indeed she was try to bring some strict order to the school but i think it was a bit OTT ...thats why people think shes a pompus git

Joscail
& besides, it is clearly the way JK wanted Umbridge to be seen, if JK wanted ppl to sympathise with her she would have written it so u COULDE sympathise with her.

ladygrim
very true...

Joscail
I swear people like us look too far into entertainment media!!!

ladygrim
big grin hmm probley ..heehee (i cnt spell )

Joscail
Don't worry, neither can I, i just looked up a couple of post, & realised I spelt could wrong!

ladygrim
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.