New Dirty Harry Film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheDudeAbides
RUMOR has it that a new "modern day" Dirty Harry film might be in the planning.
Rumor has it that Clint Eastwood wants Alec Baldwin to fill the role as the new Dirty Harry Callahan possibly.
I was wondering what others think about this?
Is Alec Baldwin right for the role?
Could he pull it off if Clint Eastwood directs?
Anybody else that you have in mind or you think would make the best new Dirty Harry?
The thought of Alec Baldwin at first doesn't sound too good but he is about the same height as Dirty Harry, sorta has the same appearance with his age and could possibly pull off the attitude.
Last time I seen him he needed to maybe lose about 20-30lbs. though.
Anyways, what do you think about it?

Orlando Bloom03
???

Evil Dead
I think they should leave Dirty Harry alone. If they want to make a new "Dirty Harry type" movie, by all means.....go for it. I don't believe they should actually use the character, I fear it will lead to a big let down. They should shoot the same movie and name the character something different.

Alec Baldwin? No......I do not see him playing the role. He is just too different from Clint Eastwood. Clint is a tough guy/man's man who doesn't take crap from anybody. Alec Baldwin is a baby faced pretty boy.............I just can't imagine it.

BackFire
I think Micheal Madsen would be a good Dirty Harry. Just look at him in your sig Evil Dead....he's a total badass.

Evil Dead
I agree.........Madsen can play anything, he is just especially good at playing tough guys. Not only that......he's ultra cool.

BackFire
And he has that same, gruff, low key voice that Clint Eastwood is famous for.

Evil Dead
you've sold me........

Madsen for Dirty Harry!

TheDudeAbides
I agree. Madsen would probably fit the shoes better than Baldwin. Although Baldwin has (or had) a higher star status, Madsen has more of the STYLE.

Evil Dead
star status shmar status............whoever is better at playing the character should have the role.

Brad Pitt is a much bigger star than Michael Madsen.......I sure couldn't see him playing Mr. Blonde.

ANGELIQUE
WHO WOULD YOU PICK TO BE THE NEW DIRTY HARRY?
I WOULD PICK HUGH JACKMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

burlyman
no expression

roundisfunny
Hugh Jackman? OMG OMG how 'bout Orlando Bloom OMG

burlyman
laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Cinemaddiction
Nononono! That drummer kid from "School of Rock", or John Amedori! They are like so dreamy!!!

Kes
Hugh Jackman can actually act. And he can play badass.

WindDancer
I don't care which actor is chosen for a remake!!!! Whoever touches the character of Dirty Harry will ruin it!!!! No matter how mean, rough, or whatever! I say "NO" to a remake of Dirty Harry! miffed

Clint Eastwood= Dirty Harry!

glenn
no one can beat Clint as Harry.

Kes
Now that's a different story.
I really do not want a remake of this either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.