Missing Explosives Stash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Turbo-Cajun
Missing Explosives

Does this mean the US efforts to control the Iraqi "insurgency" are failing? 380 tons of high grade, weapons quality high explosives were stolen from a storage faccility that the US was in control of.

This isnt a mistake made locally, at the soldier level, I respect their bravery and their commitment to their country, but this was a mistake made higher up in the chain of command. Why did they not guard this building? Why do they still have stock piles of high explosives still in Iraq? wouldnt it make sense to remove those kinds of weapons stashes?I think that shows weak leadershipship and lack of intelligent strategic planning. I think when the US government messes up like that they compromise my safety here in the US. This was a compound that held 380 tons of high explosives that was not guarded. 380 tons of explosives is a lot of bombs... 760,000 pounds of it. That is a lot potential destruction.

Im not trying to make an election thread, but what do you guys think? Is America winning in Iraq?

I dont think so, but I want to hear from you.

finti
it is gonna say boom boom a lot, sorry to see this cause it will cost numerous of lifes

Linkalicious
totally agree.

incompetence at it's finest.

Mane
i sneezed. no expression

Turbo-Cajun
I think your right. A lot of people are going to die because of mistakes like this.

When you read stuff like:

"In the grand scheme -- and on a grand scale -- there are hundreds of tons of weapons, munitions, artillery, explosives that are unaccounted for in Iraq," the official said. "And like the Pentagon has said, there is really no way the U.S. military could safeguard all of these weapons depots or find all of these missing materials."

it makes you nervous.

Sounds pretty bleak. A lot bleaker than "Mission Accomplished!"

Vampy
read an article about this erm

seems like Bush's imcompetence (as stated by kerry) will get US in some deep shitte again. If he can't handle war (and it's so obvious) then why'd he take it in the first place? It seems that it's now The Whole Wide World With Minor Exceptions versus Iraq for Bush's sick ambitions. No specified aim, just random soldiers walking around, pretending to do anything, getting killed in stupid accidents and failed missions. And, of course, now this weapon issue.

Looks like the only purpose of US army in Iraq is to actually help them by providing free explosives stick out tongue Bugger.

Beyonder
It's a gamble or Bush logic I guess. His efforts in Afghanistan was easily accomplished so I guess he thought Iraq would be similar. So he rolled the dice, he came up short. What worked with Afghanistan didn't work with Iraq. Stupid tactical logic by an incompetent moron - you get what you paid for.

Turbo-Cajun
Afghanistan didn't really work all that well either... there are still tons of issues they havent worked out over there yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.