AE's been here for a year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agent Elrond
One year ago, on Oct 25, 2003, I was looking for some info on the Matrix Revolutions. By fate or dumb luck, I stumbled across this site. I liked it, and decided to join. Jayvin was my name back then, a combo of my real name. All was good. Back then, The Matrix Forum was growing beyond belief. Omega was our beloved moderator. I joined in the middle of the biggest surge in members on KMC. I was a newbie, like so many others. I learned alot about the posters on the Matrix forum. I grew used to Korri's obsession with Neo, was impressed by Jedi's ability to explain the symbolism in the Matrix. It saddens me to see so many members leave the Matrix forum. I never really got to know them.

Back then, the forums here were simplier. There was no Kill Bill Forum, no Anime, Sports, Book, Philosophy or Computer Help forum. The OTF was a scary place for me. Slowly, I learned all about it and loved it. That's when I became more active. I was getting 20, 30, 40 posts a day, instead of 5. In December, I entered the LotR forum and never left. It was a great place. Everyone was so close.

Tragically, I have seen the deaths of 3 forums. The Matrix Forum is empty, The LotR forum is slowly dying; only the Tig Party gives it life, and I saw the rise and fall of Tired Hiker's Pad. Much has changed over the year. Members came and went. Some we loved, some we hated, and some we loved to hate. Who know's what the next year will bring, but I will be here as long as the server stays alive.

Thank you all for being so nice and friendly. Thank you Raz for keeping this forum running smoothly and enhancing my experience with many new feature. Thank you Omega for modding the Matrix forum and "bashing" those creationists in the Evolution thread. Thank you BadKitty for dubbing me "Sock Hunter". Thank you Kit and Storm for keeping order in the LotR forum. You will always be here in spirit. Thank you Jedi and Exa for teaching me explaining the Matrix and LotR/Sil to m. Thank you Sauron for entertain me. Thank you to all other not mentioned whom I met. You made my stay here joyful and exiciting.

Wow, what a long post! I've never been so emotional, lol. You guys are so great. I look foward to spending another year with you all.

lil bitchiness
Congrats! happy

Tired Thins
Dude, that was very sweet. cry And AE, we appreciate you and I too can never foresee the day where I will leave, even if I'm banned again, which I doubt will happen, I will find my way back here! happy

Nazgulinthedark
*salutes* all so true....cry

happy anniversery! happybday

we should copy your post for when there is a "remember 2004" thread eek!

§pearhead
congrats, AE smile

Captain REX
According to some crazy guy who thought he knew when the creation of the world began, it was the 6000th anniversary of the Earth 2 days before you were here a year...

That guy is nuts! stick out tongue

And moral of this story is...that...AE has been here a year?

Antoinette
Congratseek!

WE LOVE YOU AE!wink

Agent Elrond
lol, wierd. And I'm against all the young earth BS.

In one year, I made 13000+ posts, ~50 thread, 3 names, dozens of sigs, and made one of the biggest threads on the OTF. I have posted in the Welcome, GDF, OTF, Movie Discussion, Trivia, Matrix, LotR, Harry Potter, Artwork, Book Discussion, Fanfic, Anime, Star Wars ep III, RPG (once, lol) and Help Forum. I've been almost everywhere on KMC. By next year, I will post on every single forum.

shellie
happy so happy for you...congrats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.