"remaking" episodes 4-6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snuckleman
I finally baought the ep4-6 DVDs, and after seeing ep1-2, ep4-6 are boring visually, I've always thought so, but now it's pretty drastic. It's like a Ray Harryhausen movie, only 20 minutes of an hour and a half is watchable. I haven't watched ep4-6 all the way through in years, now I got DVDs, so skipping around to the cool scenes is easy.
Anyway, I have a feeling that Lucas is gonna do a major overhaul of ep4-6 in a few years to make them more compatable with ep1-3. I'm sure in a few years it'll be possible to rotoscope around all the actors and replace backgrounds and move characters around and maybe add shots with CG versions of luke and everyone else. Personally, I hope he does, cause it'll make them watchable from beginning to end and greatest of all it'll piss off everyone. But, I think after Lucas does that he'll release the theatrical versions, you know he will someday, maybe for the 30th anniversary or something, if he's still alive then. rolling on floor laughing

jedijunky1138
Dude, Lucas has said that he is finished with Star Wars. There will be no more remakes or touch ups.

DirectorFitz
He stated that these are the final versions of episodes 4-6. After Episode III, the saga is complete. Anyt other additions to 4-6 would be frowned upon by countless fans of both the originals and the special editions.

mephistodesigns
then there's gonna be a lot of frowning when they all six get released together...

cylob49
If you think thats the last bit of fiddling were going to see done to the original trilogy.......then you are gravely mistaken.

mephistodesigns
Seriously, you know he's gonna come up with something else before the final box set. Hopefull THAT will be the end of it. But who knows...

General Kaliero
Numba 1: Since pretty much everyone knows about the scenes with Biggs on Tattooine in ANH, and the StormTroopers getting attacked by Wampas in ESB, of course Lucas will keep such scenes for as long as he can, to make more money.

Numba 2: I can't believe, Mister "Snuckle" (If that IS your real name *suspicious*) that you would suggest that they ROTOSCOPE entirely new visuals around the original actors! The hand-crafted models and sets in the OT are quite possibly the best part of seeing the OT! I, for one, think the model used for the Death Star trench run was far better looking than any CG counterpart could be. The physical models create a tie to the real world that makes the movies all the more believable.

waynerobsonuk
sounds quite 'supershadow'-ish to me.....................

Wayne...

Red Superfly
No no no no.

It should be the other way round. Take the CGI out of the Prequels to tie them into the original films. CGI SUCKS BALLS!

General Kaliero
Though not quite so obscenely (wink), I agree with Superfly.

cylob49
Hopefully
as i get older i would like what they call "closure" from Lucas.

Shadow_King
ok i have one question. in the catina part in star wars a new hope is thier suppose to be blood i thought lightsabers cauoterized (sp??) Wounds. how come he never took out the blood???

waynerobsonuk
probably either couldn't be arsed or leaving it till a 'final' edition some years down the line once Lucas runs out of Dosh.

Wayne...

Xam
it would be fun to remake the classic trilogy but i rather leave it like that!

eXSBass
Lucas will not "re-make" the original Star Wars. It'll ruin it and he'll lose more fans than he gained. He'll also loose his rep. on the Star Wars saga. I mean, how else can you see the "No, I am your father!" scene eh? Imagine this.

- (Schwarchneggar as Vader)(Austrian voice): Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father.

- (Stalone as Luke)(That Italion voice): He told me enough. He told me you killed him.

- (Schwarchneggar as Vader)(Austrian voice): No, I am your daddy!

I don't think I can see that happening. Can you?

Red Superfly
How can these "GL should re-make the OT" people sleep at night?

I can only hope that God is a Star Wars fan, and smites GL before he has the chance.

The Ones
thats a bit harsh. i would like to see it remade aswell

Red Superfly
For crying out loud.

NoMeN
hahahahaha! biggest B-u-l-l-s-h-i-t ever!!

Gangularis
this is ridiculous.. what a noob thing to say..

that it would be more watchable with more CGI stuff..... you've gotta be kidding me...

Red Superfly
Yes, n00bish. It's the only word for it.

mephistodesigns
I know, now that its all cleaned and restored, I think it holds up nicely. My only complaint is the whole death star screens from ANH. But that's so minor, I don't really care if it ever gets updated. They look great on DVD, and totally hold up to the visual (picture) quality of the prequels. No remake is neccessary, unless you really do want to see Hugh Jackman as Han, Kiera Knightly as Leia and Orlando Bloom as Luke...and I don't think anyone wants that....

Red Superfly
Dear God no.

Red Superfly
I just wish they'd simplify the HUDs.

Why did they go all Star Trek and update the screens they use? Spinning 3D mip-mapping holocron uber screen 5000 in a Naboo Starfighter compared to Han's cheap-as-chips Amstrad targetting computer? WTF?

It would have been a brilliant touch in the prequels if they kept things retro. Lucas keeps using the excuse of "it shows the deterioration of the galaxy under the Empire's reign". Just admit it Lucas, the real excuse is "I was hoping you wouldn't notice, I want my Star Trek technology dammit!"

It would have been a really nice touch to see the naboo starfighters have old-school targeting computers. That's what made the OT realistic TO THIS VERY DAY. They had functional technology. There was no need for "updating" and any excuse they have isn't good enough, they just want to show off.

I loved it in AOTC when they visted Lars homestead and we saw Lukes computer thingamajig in the garage, still the same as always, and it didn't look out of place, it proved the redundacy of "updated technology".

The computers should have had big, clunky flashing lights, with old school tape-based computer whirring noises and clicks like on the Death Star. They should have tried to tie it in and stylise it. Fans and retro freaks would love it, and it would have much more continuity.

mephistodesigns
C'mon, todays audience wouldn't buy that anymore though. I agree with updating them. Episode 3 is gonna be more retro like the OT. Then the tech will work in the continuity and fit Lucas' reasons for updating it for I and II.

NoMeN
**** GL AND ALL HIS SPECIAL EDITIONS!!!! big grin

Sith Master X
What a huge mistake it would be to remake the OT. Thank god that is not gonna happen.

Reborn Again
Well, in a way, GL did by screwing around with Boba Fett's voice and adding Hayden. But that was only a ploy to promote the last chapter, as if it needed to done...

baracustastic
they should sort out the ridiculous hairy dude in jabba's palace in Jedi; the bit when Han steps on Jabba's tail in ANH; and they should sort the bit in Jedi when we see Vader's face. Now that they've put Hayden in as a ghost they should age him with prosthetics and replace the old Vader (He looks like a wimp rather than the hardest dude in the galaxy).

Darth_Decimator
i dont mind hayden in jedi but they shouldve put him in there all old 2 instead of just takin off shaws eyebrows , i detest the adding of temuerra morrisons voice to empire that would have to be the worst change of all for mine , he didnt even try to copy the way it was before , im surprised he didnt throw a "fella" or "bloke" in the ffs , and on the remake front havent you all heard about the ULTRA editions where they will remake the entire movies with photo realistic animation ? no ???? head on over to supershadow and he'll tell you all about it big grin , while youre there you could even bid on the role of ben skywalker in episodes VII-IX big grin big grin big grin

Red Superfly
Blasphemous swine.

Flying Ferret
Episode 3 is gonna be more retro like the OT.

In time, it will be seen that the OT is the forever classic---warts and all---just like the older King Kong movies or Metropolis and others are classics---and the PT will be the abandoned red-headed stepchild.

drbobsevilweb
A few friends and i have setup a website, basically as if the films were to be released in chronilogical order. It will have fake spy reports and actors being considered.

there will even be a section where we are getting fans to vote on actors etc.. who they would like to appear in a different alternate trilogy.

i can put down the sites name - as it will look like spamming, so maybe this post was pointless....

Red Superfly
Man, these new Star Wars fans don't know what they are doing....

Darth Subjekt
amen brother.

shadow225588
Do you guys really want to buy another set of star wars movies? i mean comon leave the OT the way it is.

Sith Master X
I agree.

Dirty Vader
The 1997 Special Edition is crap and hence everything after that.
The only good re-make is the THX digitaly remastered version of 1995.

MornGlory
NoMen - I love your sig!!!

EyeOfApocalypse
One does not know which leg to stand on in a situation like this. I was born in 87, 4 years after the release of ROTJ; by the time I was about 5 years old I owned the THX Remakes of the OT. When The Phantom Menace came out I was probably...11 or 12 years old, some parts of the movie bugged me, but the duels were fantastic.

I am all for the notion that the Originals are timeless, I once thought as you newcomers do, after seeing TPM I was all "Man the special effects sucked in the OT" therefore I laid it down for awhile. Then a vision came to me, sort of like a Force Revelation; my childhood, my idolizing of Luke Skywalker and my fear of the very scary Darth Vader (the breathing noises freaked me out as a kid).

You must come to realize that not everything is about being brought up to today's special effects standards, unlike most I do enjoy the changes that have been made in the OT (save for the whole Greedo shot first thing, but thats for another topic), and since that one dude who played Vader (not the voice, JEJ) wasn't a very well-known actor it doesn't matter to me that Hayden replaced him in the final scene of ROTJ. The circuitboards on the Death Stars, not to mention the sets and everything else should be left alone, the only changes that need to be made now are as followed: fix that dude's arm that bled after Obi-Wan hacked it off in ANH; revert the scene in the Cantina with Han and Greedo to where Han shot first; add Hayden Christiansen in the Vader costume at the end of ROTJ (let's get real here people, Hayden is no scary guy, but hell he can look tougher than the dude in the Vader suit from the OT).

The point I'm trying to make here is that Star Wars isn't about what changes are made, it's not about plot inconsistensies, it's about imagination! It's about enjoying yourself and expanding your mind to lengths you never thought it could be stretched. Try to enjoy the movies, OT and PT. Star Wars is Star Wars to me, I'll always love Star Wars, and I'll always remember being the little kid who'd rather sit in his bedroom watching Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader duel on the Death Star rather than go out and "play".

DarkYoda
I think ROTJ should have one thing completely removed and thrown into the sun for all eternity...

the stupid, extremely retarded dance sequence in Jabba's Palace which was redone for the special edition. It's a friggin music video in a Star Wars film!!!

puke

EyeOfApocalypse
Yeah...I usually fast forward through that part myself

Sith Master X
lol. That part doesn't bother me much.

OB1-adobe
I am still trying to figure out why people hate ROTJ. All it basically is, is a final battle.

Even pre SE people hated it.

Its boring, the story is lop sided, nothing new introduced, blah blah blah

There wasn't anything else to tell.

Antillies
there is noo need to destroy a fine peace of film with new versions and as ppl say he is done the saga is now complete but i still wonder did ep 1-3come on book also before ep4-6 or is it the same as the films?doing a remake would destroy the entire nostalgy with star wars

phlizmo
Okay am I taking crazy pills?!! Are there actually people who are happy with ANYTHING Lucas has done with the trilogy since the original releases? Star Wars and the other two original films should NEVER EVER have been touched in the first place let alone be re-made .. ARE YOU PEOPLE INSANE?!!! How old are you? Were you there with the originals? OMG people! and in hind sight there never should have been a trilogy of prequels! BAD IDEA!!!!!!!! Okay, good idea, but SUPER BAD implementation.

Raven80
its not remake dude. no pt remaking them.
GL made eipsode 1-3 bcoz of episode 4-6 and not the other way round.
without episode 4-6 do u think he will have done 1-3?
man just take it that episode 1-3 comes after 4-6 but telling how StarWars's characters begin their journey.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.