Grind-core

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nazgul lord
o.k kids here the music you should all be listenin to, the berzerker, birdflesh, goul, carnum, nasum, decapitated, fear factory, ****...iam...dead, not all this pussy ass punk crap!!!!!!!
capish!!!!!

Deathblow
I wouldn't call Fear Factory grindcore, I'd say they're more hardcore/industrial metal.

I'm not really into grindcore, give me gothencore anyday: Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage, In Flames, As I Lay Dying, The Agony Scene and Poison The Well. Top notch bands.

Mane
yess rock

i looove The Agony Scene.

lil bitchiness
I HATE Lamb Of God. Period.
Killswitch Engage i liked 3 years ago - now i cooled off - maybe for good.
In Flames last album sucked so bad...it was tragic. But they are an awesome band
Poison the Well - well there are no words to describe my feelings towards that bad. YUCK!
The Agony Scene is what every 16 year olds pretends to listen to be cool!

ARGH!

Ok, im done.

Mane
sad

Deathblow
Lamb Of God kick ass in my book cool
KSE will never be anything more than average now Jesse's gone, but Alive Or Just Breathing is without a doubt my second or third favorite album ever. I love em cos of that.

I agree about In Flames, but they've made 8 amazing albums, which makes up for the one crappy one.
Nothing wrong with PTW. Great live band!
as for The Agony Scene comment, thats a little rich coming from an emo-kid stick out tongue

Almost forgot! Anotherdeadsupermodel. Best band outta the lot.

Mane
Milla is not an emo-kid. no expression

lil bitchiness
Dont you mean post-hardcore kid - as some people call it.

People who use labeling are super lame.

Mane
erm i agree. theres a certain factor of lame that is included in "emo-kids" that ive noticed Milla is completely devoid of.

Deathblow
But of course smart

I'm not labelling anyone, it's just I remeber a certain someone admitting to how much of an emo kid they were becoming. No harm was intended.

Deathblow
Says you. I have a ton of friends who are as emo kiddish as it gets. Doesn't make them any more or less lame than me or you.

<<Solo>>
Sucks,Sucks,Sucks......Sucks.

Music People should be listening more of: Joy Division, The Killers, New Order, Depeche Mode, Crass, Cockey Rejects, The Business

Deathblow
Have you even heard any of those bands? stick out tongue

<<Solo>>
Yes, I've heard almost all of those bands.

<<Solo>>
The Bezerker is horrible, especially Dissemulate.
Listening to Birdflesh's Master Of Violence again would make me want to hurt myself.

Couldn't say I've heard of Goul. Neither Carnum.

Don't even wanna start with Nasum's Inhale & Exhale.

Decapitated is alright, just because of sensual sickness and calling.

And I don't think I need to prove that I know who Fear Factory is, they're actually kind of well known.

Deathblow
thumb up thats good to hear. it kinda annoys me when people put down bands they've never heard is all. I have a feeling that your reaction to Goul and Carnum wouldn't be all that different from you said about Birdflesh.

and yeah, they all suck apart from Fear Factory IMO. In fact, grindcore sucks in general.

mah
pretty much suckage in thag genre.
Pig Destroyer ain't half bad though..

tabby999
bah to you all, The Berzerker are rad. Australia has made some awsome grind-core/hard core/whatever core bands,: Blood Duster (the best of them), Ikilledthepromqueen, Mindsnare, The Killchoir Project, The Berzerker. not my fav type of music, but its pretty good

dean7879
i listen to napalm death, general surgery and gorerotted......they are quality grindcore bands

Df02
argh, the anti-labelling argument again!!!
i hate that... labelling is an easy way of describing music, so why get all bitchy when ppl label bands?!?!

KSE are crap now Jesse's gone... Poison the well are amazing... Lamb of God are ok aswell

<<Solo>>
Yeah,Maybe I'll find some of their songs.

loserib
napalmdeath are great thinking of going to see them with cannible corpse vader goatwhore and kataklism

Nazgul lord
listen up nerds i didnt say fear factory was grind core i said i liked them, there industrial metal!!!!!!!!!!!!! and lamb of god is gay

Krexo
Carcass's ' Reek of Putrefaction' and Napalm Deaths ' Scum' will always be my two fave grindcore albums.

SlipknoT
Lamb of God kicks an unbelivable amount of ass

moshtitan
lambs badass, yet overlistend to.

the agony scenes badass.

KSE still badass, and whats wrong with howard. he does badass in both blood has been shed and killswitch.

if you like grindcore check out....30 Called Arson(best band to ever come out of Tulsa) Machinist, Operator Dead: Post Abandoned, and Epochal...all local bands.

wicker_man
I adore Fear Factory to the extent i have all 12 of their albums (including rare b-sides) but frankly genre labelling bores me, and its usually used by 'elitests' who have nothing better to do then put down all music in a category whilst searching for their next category(s) to 'use then abuse'.

tabby999
12....thats alot more than i thought they had

wicker_man
Alot of it is really rare material (with some compilations consisting of three or four songs only) as i said i'm a very big fan.

Nazgul lord
dude lamb of god suck

Nazgul lord
and so do all you **** who listen to them

Deathblow
totally d00d rock listening to band you dont like makes us so GHEYthumb up

<<Solo>>
laughing Well put.

Nazgul Lord if you don't have anything intelligent to say, go be a ****ing gaywod elsewhere.

Deathblow
The only grindcore bands I really like are Godflesh, Repulsion and (my favorite) Bolt Thrower.

moshtitan
dude, bolt throwers not grindcore, theyre death metal.

Deathblow
How are they death metal? blink

tabby999
hahaha, boltthrower, dead god, they're priceless. i love it, singing about Warhammer 40k, geeks with guitars, gotta love it

moshtitan
How are they not death?!?! How are they grind-core??!! mad

Alpha Centauri
Don't argue with Deathblow, he has a Cristina Scabbia sig banner. She's extremely hot.

-AC

moshtitan
yes...maybe to hot for her own good. or my own good. or anyones good. *Becomes obssesed*

Alpha Centauri
Yes. We shall just watch.

On topic I don't listen to really any Grind-Core. I heard someone refer to Old Man Gloom as Grind-Core, which I believe is a Cave-In/Isis side project.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.