Galactus Vs The Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
Most people think that the celestials are maybe the most powerful beings alive or at least equal to Galactus witch is not true. Galactus would consume celestial eggs witch were planets witch stoped the Celestial population from spreading over the universe. Later The Dreaming Celestial was going to use him to kill the other celestials......but the dreaming celestial got eaten himself by Galactus.....the Dreaming Celestial is said to be the most powerful maybe only in exception to Exitar.... but durning the war between the Watchers and the Celestials Exitar battled HE WHO SUMMONS the leader of the Watchers he was just a little stronger i think, keep in mind one watcher is enough to fend off The Stranger and the Watchers have always Feared Galactus and spoken of him as the most powerful being ever and since they personally have fought the celestials and still say that Galactus is the most powerful being alive.......they probably are right since this was said after the war.....so you decide who would win.

JuggernautFan
i think the celestials are more powerful. when battleing -like- opponents the celestials have a much easier time wink

galactus has been repelled by odin, yet a single celestial humbled odin and zues combined. they are higher up on the heirarchy than galactus is.

where did you read that about celestials being consumed by galactus??? and the celestials/watchers battle???

Krissy Von Doom
Against ALL the Celestials, Galactus would be overpowered. 1 on 1 or probably even 2 on 1, Galactus could hold his own.

I never really saw the Watchers being on the same power level as the Celestials so the war between the two has always been a little lopsided to me. I saw the Watchers and Celestials assembled for a fight in an FF comic but I'm not sure which comic the war actually took place in.

picoico
Again, marvel is not clear on the matter.

In Marvel Universe: The End, Galactus expresses awe as an omnipotent Thanos destroys a Celestial, implying that's something he couldn't do. I dunno, my bets on Galactus...just cuz.

As for Galactus being repelled by odin...uh, things have changed a bit in the MU since then. How would Asgard fair against Galactus? I think no better than Mephisto...who trapped Galactus in his realm, and so SS gave the big guy an idear: hey, why not start feasting. So as Galactus started to feed, Mephisto pretty much gave up....anyhow, the 'Gods' are only one step above human super heroes..and haven't really been able to demonstrate power that can be applied across the cosmos (like say the cosmic cubes or the Big G can).

wrathofachilles
The gods are only one step above human super hereos?? What an incredibly wrong statement. The gods are significantly above every human hero except for the Hulk. Odin and Zeus are above cosmic level beings like the Silver Surfer and all the other heralds. Galactus is right at the top of the cosmic hierarchy *though some of you are forgetting Eternity and Living Tribunal, who are above Galactus.* Galactus could repel a single Celestial, whether he could destroy it or not, but he probably wouldn't be able to take on the entire race. Then again, that's not a fair match-up, as Galactus has difficulty taking on the entire human race. Nevertheless, the gods are vastly above human super heroes, and HAVE demonstrated power that is applied across the cosmos.

radioboy121
I think the scene you are referring to is when the Dreaming Celestial manipulated Galactus' structure and made his hunger even more vast that he needed to consume the entire universe. Galactus made a device to assist him in consuming more, but it was the Dreaming Celestial that was tricked (I think it was by the Fantastic Four) into being consumed too. Galactus' sanity was restored by the heroes and he committed suicide. This was alernate universe though.

I think Galactus is more powerful than a single celestial or two, but he doesn't have the "battery life" to take on a whole onslaught of them.

As to Asgardians injuring Galactus, the definition of Galactus' power has changed since then. During his battle with Ego, Thor was even able to hurt him. That feat would not happen with the current Galactus.

Maelstrom
Celestials to me are like Ego the living planet. A strong second but, second just doesn't touch first. I think Galactus can stand well on his own. I believe what the starter said about their encounters. I see the Celests as citys compared to Galactus as the world. He could just quake and reduce them. raver
The God's, they are a part of the Universe. I see their power as One who rules his own "World" No small feat to be sure but not really in the big league.
I know they had to create their own "Universe" for their world to exist but that doesn't put them on par with the "Universe" anymore than giving birth to a child makes Man God.

who?-kid
Strictly speaking, Galactus is not a living being, he's a Force of Nature (sort of), so it's hard to compare him with Celestials and Watchers and Who?-Kids and other omnipotent cosmic beings.

Mider
I still say Galactus is stronger since the Dreaming Celestial was supposed to be the most powerful and as i said before even the Watchers were ALMOST match for the Celestials. And ask for Odin, Zues and the others that doesnt count, they derived there powers from worship back in there own era thats diffrent now. Thanos can hold his own against Odin. Galactus never had a problem consumming the human race if it was not for Utau who warned the Fantastic Four and told them about the ultimate nullifier they would have been consumed. There is also supposidly an isue were Galactus does finally consume the earth.

Mider
Another thing is that it may or may not be true but it is sometimes said that Zues, and Odin were actually created by the Celestials through evolution of course so of course the Celestials would defeat them.

picoico
The heralds of BigG are pretty much humanoids endowed with power from a celestial being. Silver Surfer fairs poorly against other cosmic powers (in betweener, kubik, korvac, etc). Surfer, Warlock, Mar-vell have similar 'powers' or are at least in the same family of powers. Galactus, Celestials, Watchers, etc. are far above them.

As for the Gods being far above humans, (with exception of hulk?!?!), I don't know. Never seen anything to suggest otherwise...meaning to say that the Gods are right above Humans and FAR below Galactus, Celestials, etc. When did they demonstrate otherwise? (Just curious, not really a challenge) I mean, fine, Thor took on one-half of the inbetweener in a really, really bad avengers story. But hey, the IB really wasn't himself ;-)

As for Galactus vs. the Dreaming Celestial, something was strange about Galactus....I think he was HUGE and pretty much sucking up the whole universe...can't remember how he go that way.

Krissy Von Doom
I thought Exitar was the most powerful Celestial, he's like twice or thrice the size of a normal one.

Wynndar
yea the dreaming celestial made Galactus manifest the properties he is supposed to in the distant future...on that level he would easily crush the Celestials...Galactus' power is variable...if he consumed enough planets, and maybe celestials, he would be ready to take on their whole race...by the way Galactus is one of the only beings older than the celestials and he also has more advanced technology and intelligence. He is a force of nature and the celestials are just a race of really advanced beings...created by Eternity...however, eternity and Galactus refered to each other as "brother" during the Shi'ar's trial of Reed Richards. Dreaming Celestial increased Galactus in FF...an issue in the late 300's...Glactus destroyed Earth when FF had no UN in the last issue of FF in the "nobody gets out alive" saga...watchers and celestials have always been battling apparently, but they showed it in FF #400.

wrathofachilles
The gods are below Galactus and the Celestials and Eternity as well. But that does not mean they are not cosmic level. Zeus and Odin are far above Silver Surfer and any other herald. They have demonstrated powers capable of repelling Galactus, that is sufficient evidence. Current Thor is vastly more powerful than old Thor, so it wouldn't work to say that couldn't happen with current Galactus. They don't derive their powers from humans worshipping them, they don't need humans to have their power. Again, no mortal hero other than Hulk is even close to the gods. Galactus is above them, but not FAR above them. That's obvious to anyone who knows about the gods.

picoico
I dunno about that. Wasn't this back in the day when Thing was manhandling galactus in the streets of new york? I think we should keep up to date. The Big G has seen serious power increases, while the Gods have stayed the same or have even been depowered a bit.

Or vice versa I suppose...Thor's powers haven't been really compared to others yet. It's still open to a writers whim...heck they could make Thor the new LT if they like.

Wasn't Desak a mortal given God-energy absorbing powers? He's somwhat like SS in that manner. What about Drax? Dr. Strange fights with Doramammu (or whatever the heck his name is), and he's supposidly on par with the Gods. Jugs. beat up the God from which his powers came from (pfft...whatever...but it happened)...and he survived an odin force blast...in fact it didn't really stop him either.

Given Glactus's actions in Mephisto's own realm (who IS on par with the Gods, if not above), I still fail to see how an updated Galactus will find any meaningful resistance in Asgard or Olympus.

wrathofachilles
I don't know when it was, but Thor and Odin have repelled Galactus on separate occasions. The gods have not been depowered. Thor has been greatly increased in power. I know he hasn't been compared to others, but you can compare old Thor to others and new Thor to old Thor. Of course he's not going to be Living Tribunal, that would make things a bit out of wack. I don't know Desak. Drax is not on the gods level, he's not even on Silver Surfer's level. Nor is Dr. Strange. Loki is superior to him in magic. Juggernaut is a villain, I was talking about heroes. There are plenty of villains that are on the gods level: Jugs, Mephisto, Thanos, Apocalypse, etc. The godforce blast did stop Juggernaut though. It pushed him back actually.

Wynndar
i know lots of people have heard of Thor repelling Galactus with the Odinforce...but i dont think anyone has read it from the looks of these ambiguous responses...but it was a desparately weakened galactus...Odin has said that Galactus is on a higher level than himself and he was the first person to refer to Galactus as a force of nature during the trial of Reed Richards

wrathofachilles
I don't think I've actually read where Thor DID it, but I've read Thor mention it several times. He's not going to lie about it. I know Galactus is above the gods, I said that.

Mider
Dont the Celestials have a law about killing there kids or something? im just wondering if its true why havent they retaliated since Galactus has eaten there "eggs" you could say.

JuggernautFan
i'm still in firm belief that even a single celestial is more powerful. i'm going to quote somebody, i didnt say this, but we were discussing this very issue.

"Well,going by their performances against like opponents I think the Celestial would be an easy pick. A single Celestial has shown it has power enough to defeat peers of Galactus and do so with a single gesture. "

: who are some of thier "like"
: opponents. just as a basis for comparison.
:

"Galactus has been overwhelmed and forced to retreat by Ego the living planet,a Celestial can play with planets like marbles. Galactus battles Earth's heroes,the best efforts of Earth's heroes can barely get any kind of reaction from a Celestial at all and they could eliminate the heroes with a thought. Galactus tried to attack Odin and Asgard and was repelled. A single Celestial not only decimated Asgard,but Asgard,Nirvana,and Olympus all at the same time with one flex of it's power while Odin,Vishnu,and Zeus stood powerless to stop him. Their power combined had no effect on the Celestial whatsoever.

And those are just the lower Celestials... "

": it could
: have also been galactus in a weakened state.
: also wasnt galactus and ego galactus weakened
: also???

They've fought more than once. Once Galactus was trying to eat him,so you could argue Galactus was weak there. On another Galactus was at normal levels and still was forced to retreat. "

"A Celestial humbling Odin,Vishnu,and Zeus all at once was in Thor #300. That's the only one who's issue number I can cite offhand"

http://www.geocities.com/pic_housing/Celestial_note1.txt

Wynndar
considering invisible woman made Exitar appear to have been destroyed, I dont think its fair to say celestials deal with human adversaries any better.

Evangel94
Invisible Womans powers were discovered to also be derived from the same energy as the armor around the celestials, enabling her to penetrate through celestial armor.

Sue Richards is an exception, and therefore isn't a valid example.

picoico
Let's stop with this Odin and Thor causing Big G to high tail it...those wore both very old....like I said, if you think that's valid, then thing CAN manhandle Galactus as well.

I mean, Reed Richards has also stopped Galactus before too...so did Age of Apoc. Thunderbird(?) in Exiles (punched a hole through his armor, caused galactus to retreat). Galactus at full power is something else entirely...

Mider
How can you compare celestials and Galactus Heralds for one, Galactus heralds are all below Odin, Zues, and other gods and other of you say the celestials play with planets like marbles umm eating them is kind of the same thing, by the way Ego didnt defeat Galactus they were pretty much equal and anyway you cant compare Ego to normal planets Ego is a planet that has a brain and powers of its own powers on pare with Galactus he is one of the elders of the universe

Mider
It took the ultimate nullifier to beat Galactus not just the fantastic four alone.....and anyway when hyperstorm was kicking there ass they needed galactus help to beat him.

JuggernautFan
actually it took a "shell" of the ultimate nullifier with the interference of a watcher and a little luck.

the watcher psionically shielded reed richards so galactus wouldnt know he was bluffing with a fake of the ultimate nullifier. had the watcher not interfered galctus would have consumed earth and the fantastic 4 with it

but is ego present during a universal threat??? no....... hes not. galactus stale-mated him, but a celestial would have no trouble. odin (by himself) repelled galactus yet 3 sky fathers could do NOTHING to a celestial.

the celestials werent even trying. they could have easily decimated them. they even melted the indestructable destroyer to slag. a feat i think is beyond galactus' capability.

JuggernautFan
didnt she also do something similar to galactus?

leonheartmm
lol, did u know that franklin richard's powers are nearly at a celestial level potentially, does that mean however that he is stronger than galactus, of course not. it has been assumed that the sole purpose of galactus is to keep the number of celestials under check, it is said that in the core of every planet is a celestial and the healthier the infant celestial is, the more LIFE, the planet has, until the baby celestial grows powerful enough and leaves the planet, it is said that it is this energy of the infant celestial that galactus consumes when he seemingly decoures a planet.

Mider
would you people stop with Odin and Zues already they were on diffrent power levels back then they had power derived from worship and i know some of you dont think thats true but if there so freaking power why didnt they keep earth under there controll and yes Galactus had distroyed seemingly indistructable things like the stone that the Spinxy wore on its head Odin has trouble handeling Thanos and one more then if the Celestials are so powerful why havent they payed Galactus back for eating so many of there eggs or whatever.

citannah17
alright this is my problem with the writers in marvel okay they say the CELESTIALS were created by ETERNITY. so if thats true we all can understand that he's more powerful than them so why is it that if GALACTUS and ETERNITY have been called equals in terms of power and importance you'd think that GALACTUS would be FAR FAR MORE powerful than all of them combined.

guy222
Originally posted by citannah17
alright this is my problem with the writers in marvel okay they say the CELESTIALS were created by ETERNITY. so if thats true we all can understand that he's more powerful than them so why is it that if GALACTUS and ETERNITY have been called equals in terms of power and importance you'd think that GALACTUS would be FAR FAR MORE powerful than all of them combined.

I like both characters smile

Tenebrous

equal in status, importance, significance, etc.
equal in power....depends.

Galactus is a combination of the Eternity from the previous universe and a mortal man, Galan of Taa, also from that same universe. So it's definitely in his capacity to equal current eternity in power, but generally that comes with the stipulation that he's fully fed....which we've never seen.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tenebrous

Galactus is a combination of the Eternity from the previous universe and a mortal man, Galan of Taa, also from that same universe. So it's definitely in his capacity to equal current eternity in power, but generally that comes with the stipulation that he's fully fed....which we've never seen.

Although we don't even really know what Eternity is capable of either so Galactus has yet to reach an undefined level of power that so far is held by one of the biggest losers in the cosmic game.

citannah17
Originally posted by Tenebrous

yeah i know i just you know thought that since galactus is possibly somewhere in eternity's league that the celestials shouldn't be almost on par with HIM.

quanchi112
i side with the celstials. although im not 100 percent sure. i think the celestials are extreme badasses. when odin amped him self up with all that crazy power to defend asgard they couldnt do shi-. thats power. i think the celestials would have crushed tenebrous and aegis. i know they make galactus lose alot to being s that have no right winning. but the celestials rarely ever lose.

Utrigita
The celestials as the entire Race would win against Galactus, because of his greatest weakness in battle he loses his energy while fighting, a problem the celestials wouldn't have to face.

(to Quanchi112): You realize he lost to them because he was weak and unprepared for there attack right, the celestials are never unprepared, they know that the world they visit ain't gonna take lightly to there presence there.

(To Citannah): it is believed that when Galactus absorbed Taa II in the secret wars I then he was close to reach full capacity, I don''t think he did, but thats the general idea. Also in my openion it depends on how many celestials and which one, normal celestials I would say a place between 5-10 but are we beginning to take in exitar and so on then it drops to a place about 1-5 so it depends.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Mider
Most people think that the celestials are maybe the most powerful beings alive or at least equal to Galactus witch is not true. Galactus would consume celestial eggs witch were planets witch stoped the Celestial population from spreading over the universe. Later The Dreaming Celestial was going to use him to kill the other celestials......but the dreaming celestial got eaten himself by Galactus.....the Dreaming Celestial is said to be the most powerful maybe only in exception to Exitar.... but durning the war between the Watchers and the Celestials Exitar battled HE WHO SUMMONS the leader of the Watchers he was just a little stronger i think, keep in mind one watcher is enough to fend off The Stranger and the Watchers have always Feared Galactus and spoken of him as the most powerful being ever and since they personally have fought the celestials and still say that Galactus is the most powerful being alive.......they probably are right since this was said after the war.....so you decide who would win.

Based solely on showings Galactus would get ****ed up, now going by sayings and assumptions Galactus might be able to hold his own perhaps even win against one celestial. Now if we are talking about the whole race Galactus is finished.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Supreme being
Based solely on showings Galactus would get ****ed up, now going by sayings and assumptions Galactus might be able to hold his own perhaps even win against one celestial. Now if we are talking about the whole race Galactus is finished.

And going by showing odin would win against the celestials but did he no he got punked into oblivion

golem370
Putting Galactus in the same list as Eternity is a little silly since he got swatted like a fly by Lord Chaos & Master Order.

golem370
Did the Celestials face Uni-Mind & Asgardian Destroyer at the same time?
All of the Cosmics are being belown back even Galactus everybody but the Celestial

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/ltrulesig10cf.jpg

Celestials facing the Uni-Mind & Asgardian Destroyer
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/CelestialsGrims50.jpg

Do you think Thanos could have done this to a Celestial
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/thThanos-05-Entry-0405-1.jpg

quanchi112
celstials as a race if ur counting them all they beat galactus's head in. he loses to tenebrous and aegis and i dont see them as being anywhere near as powerful as the celestials. the celestials are just bad ass. i dont see thanos showing up to save one celestial from the fallen one like he did for galactus.

starlock
One celestial vs galactus debatable-i will go with a celestial for the win

More than one celestial and galactus has no chance

Of course this is only my opinion

golem370
Showings seem to support you opinion though right?

Juntai
Originally posted by starlock
One celestial vs galactus debatable-i will go with a celestial for the win

More than one celestial and galactus has no chance

Of course this is only my opinion I agree.

citannah17
you guys i'm not trying to start anything but is it me or does it seem like celestials are a little too powerful considering most ppl on here thinks one celestial could probably beat galactus and seeing as galactus has been compared to their creator ETERNITY you'd think his brother (galactus) would be able to just wave his hand and be rid of them but oh well. anyway anybody think that DEATH, OBLIVION, or INFINITY can destory all the celestials or a couple i mean individual each abstract would have a go at it.

starlock
you guys i'm not trying to start anything but is it me or does it seem like celestials are a little too powerful considering most ppl on here thinks one celestial could probably beat galactus and seeing as galactus has been compared to their creator ETERNITY you'd think his brother (galactus) would be able to just wave his hand and be rid of them but oh well. anyway anybody think that DEATH, OBLIVION, or INFINITY can destory all the celestials or a couple i mean individual each abstract would have a go at it.

My honest answer is.. i am 36 and i have read comics since i was able to read, when celestials first came to my notice there was know doubt there presence or feats,but alot has happened over the years they were a great mystery untill revealed they were created by eternity...galactus is important,but he is still a finite being

Abstacts hmmmmm depends but i would give majority to them

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by starlock
My honest answer is.. i am 36 and i have read comics since i was able to read, when celestials first came to my notice there was know doubt there presence or feats,but alot has happened over the years they were a great mystery untill revealed they were created by eternity...galactus is important,but he is still a finite being

Abstacts hmmmmm depends but i would give majority to them Is the Big Bang infinite?

Utrigita
Originally posted by golem370
Showings seem to support you opinion though right?

Actually if we are going by showings there are only two things that would actually speak for the celestials being more powerful then Odin

1. Arishem withstood a blast from Odin Zeus and Vishnu and near cut off there realms existence with the world.
2. The Destroyer losing against them.

The feats apart from this preformed by the celestials are little compared to what odin have done.

Colossus-Big C
celestials stomp

Omega Vision
Celestials win

Though I'd give Galactus the win over a no name Celestial any day.

TheTyrant
Galactus wins against any celestial. Proven on panel.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Celestials win

Though I'd give Galactus the win over a no name Celestial any day. This.

He can possibly even take 2 or 3 if well fed.

But against the whole race?He gets stomped.

King Kandy
I think he could take on even a dozen well-fed, sort of like seen in Earth-X. Of course, if the entire race declared war on Galactus he wouldn't really have a prayer.

guy222
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Galactus wins against any celestial. Proven on panel.

which one

tiamut

scathan

arishem

exitar

he's never faught a celestial. they finally teamed up in the recent thanos imperative

i posted a scan in the ownage thread about galactus feared...check it out

he needs to talk to reed about his son

yes....frankie richards...remember him.....vast omega lvl being

someone bumped this thread before me

stick out tongue

zopzop
Yeah that look of shock on Big G's face when Thanos with HotI wasted a Celestial was telling.

Also telling was, in the most recent Eternals limited series, the fact that Galactus "knew fear" when Tiamut awoke. It's worth noting that Galactus was "many light years away" and still felt horror.

Utrigita
Celestials win

Though I'd give Galactus the win over a single no and named Celestial any day (scathan obviously discounted).

basilisk
The most powerful of the Celestials would win. Against the the race of Celestials? G has no chance. But Galactus could no doubt beat some of the individual lesser no-name Celestials.

zom1967
Originally posted by basilisk
The most powerful of the Celestials would win. Against the the race of Celestials? G has no chance. But Galactus could no doubt beat .look I know this is an old thread,but back in 2012 Galactus(fed on 4 planets)one shotted and killed a mad celestial.Three more Celestials combined into a giant one using their brothers corpse,then they one shot Galactus to the planet below.Adult Franklin Richards shows up kills a Celestial himself,then revives G.Then they tag team the final 2 celestials,killing one each.

zopzop
Originally posted by zom1967
Originally posted by basilisk
The most powerful of the Celestials would win. Against the the race of Celestials? G has no chance. But Galactus could no doubt beat .look I know this is an old thread,but back in 2012 Galactus(fed on 4 planets)one shotted and killed a mad celestial.Three more Celestials combined into a giant one using their brothers corpse,then they one shot Galactus to the planet below.Adult Franklin Richards shows up kills a Celestial himself,then revives G.Then they tag team the final 2 celestials,killing one each.
Not to nitpick but it was more than that. This is what it took to take down 4 Celestials :
1) A 4 planet fed Galactus
2) Sol's Hammer
3) Adult Franklin Richards
4) All the power of 616 Franklin Richards (to revive Galactus)

Looking back, Hickman did show the Celestials more respect than I gave him credit for.

Time Immemorial
Celestials utterly wreck him.

zom1967
Originally posted by zopzop
Not to nitpick but it was more than that. This is what it took to take down 4 Celestials :
1) A 4 planet fed Galactus
2) Sol's Hammer
3) Adult Franklin Richards
4) All the power of 616 Franklin Richards (to revive Galactus)

Looking back, Hickman did show the Celestials more respect than I ga e him credit for. Your right my friend,I didn`t go into much detail.it did take sol`s anvil to seperate the exitar sized celestial.and little F.R did save his energy in a ball to help revive Galactus.And by the way Hickman considers a 4 planet Big-G on the same power level as adult Franklin!but what impresses me is,only Thanos with T.H.O.T.U ever killed a Celestial before this!

zom1967
Your right my friend,I didn`t go into much detail.it did take sol`s anvil to seperate the exitar sized celestial.and little F.R did save his energy in a ball to help revive Galactus.And by the way Hickman considers a 4 planet Big-G on the same power level as adult Franklin!but what impresses me is,only Thanos with T.H.O.T.U ever killed a Celestial before this! You are right my friend,big G fed on 4 planets one shot killed a mad Celestial.The rest where so concerned they combined to form an exitar size Celestial,as G gave all 4 of them a good fight before hand.Galactus power is variable that makes him a very interesting character.In a weakened state the heros of earth can find ways to beat him,but if fed enough he can take on almost any cosmic.And I am not even including the ultimate nullifire!

zom1967
You are right my friend,big G fed on 4 planets one shot killed a mad Celestial.The rest where so concerned they combined to form an exitar size Celestial,as G gave all 4 of them a good fight before hand.Galactus power is variable that makes him a very interesting character.In a weakened state the heros of earth can find ways to beat him,but if fed enough he can take on almost any cosmic.And I am not even including the ultimate nullifire! I know it might look like I replied to my own post ,but I was trying to tell zopsop more info.

TheLordofMurder
but what impresses me is,only Thanos with T.H.O.T.U ever killed a Celestial before this!

True, but not true...

Michael Korvac effortlessly killed several during that famous What If...

Doctor Doom eliminated the entire Celestial Race the power of Classic Beyonder and the Infinity Gauntlet (again in a What If however)...

Magnon
Celestials were originally intended to be on a higher level than Galactus. They could humble skyfathers and frog-ify thundergods in a way Galactus never could.

The more recent stories have blurred their power difference somewhat but even today Galactus usually needs to be supercharged in order to match a single Celestial. So, at an average power level, a single Celestial is generally more powerful than Galactus.

Mindset
Galactus phucks the Celestials up.

zom1967
I have that what if lord of murder,And the ironic thing is Cap uses the nullifier to kill G and his power is deniid to Korvack.But he already has absorbed 6 or 7 of the mightiest cosmics in the galaxy.The tribunal makes earth`s sun go nova,but Korvac protects the earth.And grows as large as the planet while absorbing the whole 4rth hosts energy.The watcher begs him to set up abase on the other side of the universe,but Korvac with murder in his heart destroys the whole universe with the nullifier.So that there would be an infinity of universes minus one!

Anadrol1
Lol at Thor repelling anything but a very weak Galactus

Reflassshh
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
True, but not true...

Michael Korvac effortlessly killed several during that famous What If...

Doctor Doom eliminated the entire Celestial Race the power of Classic Beyonder and the Infinity Gauntlet (again in a What If however)... Then again the council of reeds with a IG each was defenseless against some celestials.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Mindset
Galactus phucks the Celestials up.

Tar-Antado
Originally posted by Magnon
Celestials were originally intended to be on a higher level than Galactus. They could humble skyfathers and frog-ify thundergods in a way Galactus never could.

The more recent stories have blurred their power difference somewhat but even today Galactus usually needs to be supercharged in order to match a single Celestial. So, at an average power level, a single Celestial is generally more powerful than Galactus.

Yeah, no. Galactus is more powerful than a single Celestial.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Then again the council of reeds with a IG each was defenseless against some celestials.

Well that means that the Classic Beyonders power did the heavy lifting when it came to eliminating the Celestial Race then... smile

Genii96
galactus smashes a single celestial,bar scathan who seems to be lt level

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Then again the council of reeds with a IG each was defenseless against some celestials. The IG was only activated once for a couple seconds and it one shot like 4 Celestials.

Genii96
could the un wipe out an entire celestial race?,seeing as a human like reed used it to reset the multiverse?,i mea galactus' level of awareness and concentration shouild shit on reed right/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.