Hellboy vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MERCILOUS
I don't know exactly where Hellboy stands on the food chain, I was wondering if this is a reasonable fight.

JuggernautFan
movie versions??? if so hulk wins

comic versions??? if so hulk wins.

MERCILOUS
Really, what's all this raging stuff about turning into the beast of the apocalypse and stuff, Hellboy still doesn't compare?

JuggernautFan
to tell you the truth i dont know anything about hellboy's comics. only thing i know about him is what i seen in the movie.

if it were movie versions hulk would pound him into the dirt. hellboy was strong, but lets face it, he wasnt hurling 70 ton tanks around.

MERCILOUS
No, for sure not the movie version. but he seems to be his own's comic line's strongest creature. At least to my understanding. I was hoping to gain some information on and see if this was a thread even worth posting in.

Havoc470
theres alot in the hellboy movie that was'nt shown (simply because of the budget, but del toro mentioned that the movie and comic book hellboy are the exact same character in every way)

now the right hand of doom is virtually unbreakable (which is why its the key to hell heheh)but i dont know of any magic incantations that would help hellboy here very well, but it would'nt be an easy fight although hulk would ultimately win

this is a sort of un-even match up, now something like thing vs. hellboy is just a little more reasonable, but imo a person at par with hellboy would be someone like cyber, or strong guy heheh...i dont know lol

MERCILOUS
Well Del Toro said they were exactly alike but if you ask the original fanboys i think they'll tell you a different story. Besides, how can a little indy film compete with the budget of Marvel, Sony and the likes? That's why i made this thread, where are the comic fanboys?

Abaddon
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Why must everyone bring up movie versions of characters!!!!!!
Yes! Movies are entertaining!
No! Movies are not accurate!
Sorry for the outburst, but please people, comic movies are completely devoid from the continuity of the original product. Thing about it. Is Absorbing Man really Banner's father? Was Mary Jane really Spider-Man's first girlfriend? Did Rogue and Iceman really have a love interest?
Was Kingpin really black?

JuggernautFan
the only reason i brought up the movie version is because thats all i know about hellboy.

no need to get all p i s s y about it. just deal with it. and if you dont like it dont post.

Abaddon
god your an idiot

Abaddon
Im really geting tired of you getting all up on my posts jugfan. If you want to argue, thats fine. But argue like an adult.

Tron
You should probably lighten up on the insults, before you have a mod tell you themselves. From what it looked like, you got up on HIS post. And he sounds very much like an adult to me, unlike your posts in most of the other threads. Try practicing what you preach.

And I don't know much about Hellboy either, other than what I saw in the movie. Just how powerful is he comicwise?

Arachnoidfreak
The problem here is that DarkHorse doesn't have a strength rating like Marvel does.

An angry Hulk would wipe the floor with a normal Hellboy. Literally. Hellboy can take massive amounts of damage, and I can actually see him being dragged across the floor by a raging Hulk.

On the other hand, Hellboy as the Bringer of the Apocalypse, stands a very good chance. Doesn't really matter how angry Hulk gets. There is no mention of any limit to Hellboy's power when he is transformed. He is THE dark god, he ends the world. And with no-one defining any limits for him in this form, it leaves the whole fight up to a person's imagination, with Hellboy coming out on top.

crazyspinz
doesnt hell boy just like open the door to let things more powerfull than him through, or am i incorect

Havoc470
actually, i think movie hellboy was in every way just like the comic hellboy, now some fanboy's wouldn't agree with me, but they compare the movie hellboy to the comic hellboy, when they should compare him to the seeds of destruction story arc (which is what del toro was aiming for) and imo he did a great job

what arachnoid said is very true, it's never really certain what kind of level hellboy's strength is at, but from experience i think hellboy's outmatched here, so my vote goes with hulk

but hellboy is still kick@$$

Arachnoidfreak
Sort of, not really. His arm is the key, true, it brings hell to earth, but Hellboy is the ruler of hell. He is the highest form of demon there, he is the Devil himself, he is the most powerful of all. Yes, including that HUGE thing with the tentacles in the movie, and the thing floating in what looked like outerspace(it actually wasn't, it was the alternate dimension which Hellboy is from, unless I'm completely off base)

That's why he transforms. His horns grow, and his eyes change color, and he basically loses control of himself. He regains control by breaking his horns off.

Anyway, if Hellboy refuses to transform, as he always does(if he transforms he becomes evil), Hulk wins. If Hellboy decides that there is NO other way, and that he must transform, he wins.

crazyspinz
well, hell boy is the ruler of hell, and the hulk is consitered by the beyonder a threat to the universe... tuff call

MERCILOUS
Ok so Hellboy The Ruler of Hell or Hulk The Ruler of those Kicking Purple Pants.

spidespawn
hulk would kick his puny devil ass *****

MERCILOUS
why?

muffin man
HULK. HULK SMASH. HULK BASH. HELLBOY GONE. HULK WIN.

Imperial_Samura
Hellboy is hella tough (to quote Mr. T, toughest man alive) but in the end I think he would loose. Sure, he would give a lot, and last a few rounds, but in the end the Hulk has strength and endurance beyond that of Hellboy. Of course, there is always a chance Hellboy might get in a lucky shot with that great big gun of is, which, lets face it, is made for bringing down big hard to stop enemies. But only if he got Hulk between the eyes...

MERCILOUS
Remember this is Hellboy in his "Horns out" form.

lightaxe
you never said that in teh first post

Mainstream
Hulk will send hell boy back to hell!!!!

MERCILOUS
well then read the whole thing.

jplatinum
MERCILOUS,
You seen like a cool dude, but this thread is like Hulk versus a gorilla.
The gorilla can put up the fight of his life, but Hulk will hit him one time and the fight is over, permanently.

MERCILOUS
Even if Hellboy grows his horns out? He is the bringer of the apocalypse you know.

Xplosive
Originally posted by crazyspinz
well, hell boy is the ruler of hell, and the hulk is consitered by the beyonder a threat to the universe... tuff call

But now think with own head, do you really think Hulk could ever be threat to univrese, I don't think so, it's not worth mentioning. If Hellboy is the Devil himself (I didn't know that, i read before he is the Devil, but I thought he is the servant of Devil, beacise I wondered how can be Devil good guy), than is no contest, if it says he is the Devil (no know limits to his powers), Hulk probably donsn't want to go in this battle, actully he would go, and die.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.