Heaviest Riffs/Songs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eggmayo
im going to some preppies party soon, and i wanna get some really heavy music, preferbaly guitar riffs... i already have loads, but i want about three cds worth, can anyone help?

D-Double
Heart - Barracuda
Jimmy Hendrix - Purple Haze
UFO - *their big hit, I forget the name*

tabby999
any rammstein is good, Mark Of Cain, KDMDF (hope thats right), there all good, oh and Fear Factory

dean7879
toto - hold the line

Deathblow
If you want the real crunchy riffs, you just need to pack a CD out with as much industrial type metal as possible. A few recommendations:

Soulfly - Prophecy (the riff in that song causes minor earthquakes when played loud)

Static X - Push It / Bled For Days / This Is Not / Otsegelectric (insanely fast riffs)

Coal Chamber - Row Boat (slow, but real heavy and dark as f*uck to boot)

Mudvayne - Dig (needs no introduction)

Spineshank - Synthetic (like Static X, but with a more punky vibe)

Rob Zombie - Dragula (stupidly loud)

Adema - Needles (don't ignore this just because it's Adema, it's actually very heavy. Vicious bassline.)

Killswitch Engage - Numbered Days / My Last Serenade (duh)

System Of A Down - Deer Dance (very heavy core riff)

36 Crazyfists - Slit Wrist Theory (mellow at first, but the chorus is huge)

Pantera - Mouth For War / Live In A Hole (brutal)

and as tabby said, pretty much anything by Rammstein & Fear Factory would fit the bill nicely.
Also check out Hatebreed, Devildriver, Drowning Pool and of course, the mighty Slayer thumb up

Darth Revan
Powerman 5000- Tonight the Stars Revolt

System of a Down- X, Prison Song

Korn- Wake Up

Anything by Rammstein

Deftones- Engine No.9

NIN- Terrible Lie (not so much heavy as just angry)

Turbo-Cajun
I dunno what you are exactly going for taking harsh music to a party full of preps... maybe you need something hardcore, but still able to understand the vocals? Im listening to "Know your Enemy" by Rage agaisnt the Machine right now so thats all I can think of right now but maybe some NIN?

Df02
Crowbar - its all in the gravity
Chimaira - pure hatred
Slayer - raining blood
The Dillinger Escape Plan - 43% burnt/Sugar Coated Sour/Panasonic Youth
Alec Empire - Path of Destruction (just heavy, not really a riff-based song tho)

meh all i can think of

tabby999
or the opening of Bombtrack by Rage Against the Machine, you hear that little intro and know its coming then BOOM!!!! its all over

loserib
pantera walk

Re Spect Walk
what do you say

Tptmanno1
Yea, anythign By RATM, got a killer base line.

Guys, join the RATM cult!!

loserib
no i will pass thank you

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, just put Slayer's "War Zone" or "Necrophobic" on repeat. Guaranteed to knock their precious Abercrombie socks off.

Superjoint Ritual - "Sickness" or "The Horror"

Hatebreed - "Straight to Your Face" or "Proven"

Meshuggah - "War"

Slipknot - "Get This or Die"

Mushroomhead - "The Dream Is Over"

Mane
Atreyu - Lip Gloss and Black (insane guitar tapping and drumming)

Mane
eek! The Agony Scene - Judas (very driving beat and an insane song)

finti
Both Deep Purple and Black Sabbath has numerous kick ass riffs

eggmayo
yeah, i have many sabbath, slayer and rammstein.

Turbo-Cajun
Bring NIN...

eggmayo
im basically just doing it to scare them, cos i hate preps, and they bought a marshall 100w stack.

dean7879
children of bodom are the best metal band in the world....words cant describe how good they are..listen to:

follow the reaper
hate me
downfall
bodom beach terror
bodom after midnight
hatebreeder

superb songs

moshtitan
well, ive seen a couple i agree with...

definitly some meshuggah, but i d go with "rational gaze" or "suffer in truth";

killswitch engages is awesome, but go with "fixation on the darkness"

dillenger escape plans good, but id take "sunshine the werewolf"(the breakdown kills everything in the world);

i saw Mane saying agony scene! and im from tulsa and i haul there old bass cab around so definitely them.;

and downoad some epochal...www.hxcmp3.com/epochal(i roadie for them, and they use againy scenes old bass cab.);

Krexo
Kreator - Ripping Corpse
Slayer - Angel of Death
Deicide - Bastard of Christ
Napalm Death - Blows to the Body

tabby999
machine head is good too, Bulldozer, or maybe Desire To Fire?

Cinemaddiction
Just following up on this little shindig. So, how did it go?

eggmayo
Absolutely great, I had Killing In the Name Of as the first song, just to warm them in a bit, its not heavy... then went straight into Slayer - Bloodline

Tptmanno1
niiice...
what did they wanna play? and what was their reactions?

eggmayo
They pulled the plug about 30 seconds into Bloodline and started playing some shitty house music, but I put it back on later when they were all pissed, they were all falling over and holding there heads, it was brilliant.

Tptmanno1
lol
awesome

tabby999
should have played "Walk" with the amp on 10, it would have collapsed their pathetic little lungs

eggmayo
Pantera right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.