Australian Music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
what do you guys think of Aus music?
while at the moment we have had LOAD of "australian idol" wankers making shit music and there is no way the pop music that comes from here could get played seriously in the US because so much get made there, but we have a really solid Rock and Metal scene in my opinion. not to mention the odd band that goes huge like The Vines did and Jet are, and what Frenzal Rhomb ****ing well should. oh and we have AC/DC!!

*CaRaMeL*GrL*
Umm, Guy is not Sh!t!! Shannon and the rest are but Guys aiight. J Wess is acceptable...Jet are good but i'm not into rock and stuff...

tabby999
guys a freaking tosser, the only reason we have him fillin the air waves with his pathetic music that he dosn't even write is because 12 year olds blew out their parents phone bills by voting for him. if EVERY person in aus had to vote on that show, Shannon would have won, and either way we still would have got Guy. Australian idol is ****ed, it dosn't matter if you win or lose, you still get a record contract. Guy won, ok, give him one then, but Shannon, Paulini, Millsy, Cosima, **** all of them off, they lost so people dont want them, let them make demos like every other hard working band that have to do it on their own.

finti
Ac/Dc, Men At Work, Inxs, Icehouse, Nick Cave, Midnight Oil

Nevermind
There are some good Australian bands, But most of our stuff is pretty sh!t.

m!$hA
i dont really know that many aussie bands embarrasment
i like jet happy theyre really good.
but i just wanted to say i hat aussie hip hop sick

m!$hA
imo, shannon sux roll eyes (sarcastic)
i dont really like guy that much, but i quite like his new song erm
i wanted levi or rebekka to win droolio

tabby999
put it this way....they're all retards

Deathblow
I quite like Frenzal Rhomb, I used to love them before I got into NOFX, who kinda out class them totally...so I don't listen to them all that much anymore.

tabby999
hear hear! while nofx may out punk frenzal easily, frenzal are quite solid music talent wise. Gordy is a nuts little drumming machine as you can see when he plays some frenzal and lots of mindsnare (hardcore) and Toms bass playing is gnarly! Lindsays guitar work is good, he dosn't front anyother bands or go into big detailed solos so i dont know his scope, and jays voice is suprisingly good. still, its hard to rationaly put them up against Nofx, so i dont! wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.