RIP John Peel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Thins
John Peel died of a heart attack in Peru today while on vacation with his wife. His radio show was one of the most highly respected in the world. Peel broke more bands than anyone in the world, especially bands that were less mainstream and less likely to bank on worldwide commercial success. Peel helped break my favorite band, PULP. My hat goes off to you, John. sad

furryman
Very sad, he's a legend!!

Df02
yea, Pulp among many other bands...sad

a right legend he was..sad

KMC
I was a little bit choked when i heard that today. The man was a legend. Glasto coverage wont be the same.
He promoted acts like Joy Division, David Bowie, The Kinks, Marc Boland and even The White Stripes so there is going to be a massive hole in new music promotion.
He'll be missed.

Kate xx

Mr Zero
I was going to post about this but figured nobody would care. Im heartened to be so wrong. Peely was the voice of reason on radio: if it was any damn good he played it irrespective of genre or "coolness" factor.

Fair to say he did more for music in the Uk in the last 20 years than just about any other individual. Thats some Legacy.

mechmoggy
Very sad news today: Radio 1's John Peel passed away. sad

amity75
He inspired to me to go out and buy my first Napalm Death album. Before I started listening to him I thought music revolved around my elder sisters Duran Duran collection. Thank you John Peel for helping create the musical taste which I have today.

KMC
Michael Eavis, in tribute to John, has re-named the New Bands tent at Glastonbury. Now if that isnt a perfect tribute, i dunno what is.

Kate xx

furryman
The John Peel Stage big grin

<<Solo>>
That's sad. Pulp was a kick ass band.

big gay kirk
Good evening, and tonight we have sessions for you from Spunkmonkey and Bishopbucket, but first, here's something new from Norton Mg and the baskets....

big gay kirk
He will be sorely missed....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.